using office 2007 chart in office 2003

I have created a Line chart using Excel 2007 in compatibility mode. When I
open the workbook using Excel 2003 it does not know the chart sub-type, and
when the chart is regenerated by my macro it defaults to 'Line with markers
displayed at each data value'. I need to distribute my chart to users running
Office 2003, and I need the chart to retain the original chart type. Any
ideas please?
0
Bertie (2)

The rule of thumb if your workbooks are to be shared with users of
different Excel versions, is to create your workbook in the oldest
version that any of the users has. Unfortunately Compatibility Mode
doesn't really mean Excel 2003.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Bertie wrote:
> I have created a Line chart using Excel 2007 in compatibility mode. When I
> open the workbook using Excel 2003 it does not know the chart sub-type, and
> when the chart is regenerated by my macro it defaults to 'Line with markers
> displayed at each data value'. I need to distribute my chart to users running
> Office 2003, and I need the chart to retain the original chart type. Any
> ideas please?
0
jonNO1 (306)
7/25/2009 6:32:58 PM
I have got around the problem by resetting the chart type from within my
macro, so it now works correctly on both 2003 and 2007.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> The rule of thumb if your workbooks are to be shared with users of
> different Excel versions, is to create your workbook in the oldest
> version that any of the users has. Unfortunately Compatibility Mode
> doesn't really mean Excel 2003.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://peltiertech.com/
>

> Bertie wrote:
> > I have created a Line chart using Excel 2007 in compatibility mode. When I
> > open the workbook using Excel 2003 it does not know the chart sub-type, and
> > when the chart is regenerated by my macro it defaults to 'Line with markers
> > displayed at each data value'. I need to distribute my chart to users running
> > Office 2003, and I need the chart to retain the original chart type. Any
> > ideas please?

0
Bertie (2)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Excel 2007

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel