using multipe source data to plot on one chart

I have monthly data across several years. I want to chart SOME of the months.
The monthly data are in two different excel files. Can I create a chart using
some source data from one file and other source data from a second file?

IF the answer is that I have to use a pivot chart/table, I have tried that
and the pivot chart/table seems to ONLY plot aggregate data; that is, I
cannot figure out how a pivot table/chart can plot each month's data
separately.

THanks for any help.
0
tomzane (6)

This works for different workbooks as well as for different worksheets:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"tom zane" <tomzane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have monthly data across several years. I want to chart SOME of the
>months.
> The monthly data are in two different excel files. Can I create a chart
> using
> some source data from one file and other source data from a second file?
>
> IF the answer is that I have to use a pivot chart/table, I have tried that
> and the pivot chart/table seems to ONLY plot aggregate data; that is, I
> cannot figure out how a pivot table/chart can plot each month's data
> separately.
>
> THanks for any help.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)