Using formula to calculate data source range

Is there any way to referencing to data source range with formula?
For example I would like to insert this formula to the data surce page (if
it would be possible) :
=Address(32;12;1;True;"DEF_Montly")&":"&address(32;DEF_Monthly!$A$1;1;True)
its value is:  "DEF_Monthly!$L$32:$Q$32"

So this way I could expand or reduce the range dinamically.
Can anyone help me?
Edit.
0
ebarathne (1)

You can't link the whole data range of a chart to a dynamic range like this;
Excel accepts the name but converts it into a non-dynamic cell address. You
can link the X and Y values of each series to a dynamic range, and these
stick.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"ebarathne" <ebarathne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to referencing to data source range with formula?
> For example I would like to insert this formula to the data surce page (if
> it would be possible) :
> =Address(32;12;1;True;"DEF_Montly")&":"&address(32;DEF_Monthly!$A$1;1;True)
> its value is:  "DEF_Monthly!$L$32:$Q$32"
>
> So this way I could expand or reduce the range dinamically.
> Can anyone help me?
> Edit.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Data migration - Adventure Works

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Forumla to calculate a percentage
I have a column of figures that I need to calculate that if the figure in column A is Transport costs to us is �100 and column B is the price sold to the customer is �25.00, i need the third column to work out < 72% Theoretical Transport Recovery in other words if the value in column B is <72% mark it red Like wise for fuel is the value in column B is <132% mark it red Try as I might I cannot get it to work it out any ideas Julie, This formula gives the correct percentage... =(B1-A1)/A1 Format the formula cell with this custom number format... 0%;[Red]-0% If you don'...

Help With Margin Formula

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Formula to display nearest following Thursday in mm/dd/yyyy format
Hello, I have been reading and trying different suggestions here to no avail. What I need is a formula to calculate the nearest following thursday, and display it in mm/dd/yyyy format. To be clear, I have a column of varying dates. I need a formula to return the next thursday for each of those dates. To illustrate, say I have 05/22/2010, 05/23/201, 05/24/2010, & 05/26/2010 in cells A1 through A4. In cells B1 through B4, I would like to see 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, & 05/27/2010 representing the following thursday. Thank you for your help! BW T...

Calculating the 95% confidence inteval of a slope
As a low key user, I can calcualte the slope of a line from the x and y values, but I don't know how to determine how good the estimate is. Can someone help? -- Seeker 1) Using Analysis ToolPac Regression tool. See http://www.jeremymiles.co.uk/regressionbook/extras/appendix2/excel/ http://www.stat.wmich.edu/s216/book/node128.html 2) With LINEST and/or STEYX. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011119631033.aspx quote:The STEYX function calculates the standard error of a regression, a measure of the amount of error accrued in predicting a y for each given x. Th...

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...

Simple Formula
I have a formula, bt4/37 (bt4 = 6) and it returns 5. However, my calculator and an Access database returns 16. Can someone tell me why Excel returns 5? thanks. -- Kat3n hi, Either I'm reading this post incorrectly or you have a broken calculator and are gettting results out of excel & access that are equally incorrect. 6/37= 0.162 recurring So if we assume that your result of 16 is a typo and you meant .16 there must be something your not telling us about the formula your using in Excel. How is the 6 derived in BT4 ? What is the format of BT4 ? Post the pr...