Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal
places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or
something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats.
0
bm1235 (1)

If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain
numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to
the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in
the category list, and setting a number of digits.

I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". If it's someone's user defined function
that converts the number to text and trims it to so many characters, that someone is
playing a cruel trick.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

bm1235 wrote:

> Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal
> places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or
> something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats.

Report that includes Commission Schedule "Fixed Amount"
Would like to be able to run a report that includes either and or "Fixed Amount", or "Maximum Commission" fields. We use these features and would like to be able to change items that have amounts in these fields but need to be able to run a report to find what items have these fields populated. ...

Consecutive Number in a subform (fixed question)
by mistake I posted my question in a wrong way Hi all I have a subform named:2_Control_subform and I have a field numed:Item_No where I want to put the item number, example: first row =1 second row =2 third row =3 and so on I don't know where put this event and how it must be, could you please help me on this, Thanks LD -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician ...

How do I display leading zeros so I can export a fixed in Excel?
I need to export a file from Excel that has a fixed length of 18 digits, the first 8 digits are account numbers the last 10 digits are the amounts. I need the amount field to have a fixed length of 10 digits. I know I can use the CONCATENATE command to add the account number to the amount but the amount field doesn't have a fixed field length. The file is then exported and is used to import data into some other application. "World Referee and accountant" <World Referee and accountant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8145E331-FEA4-4EF0-B47F-DB9...

Fixed Assets Year to Date Depreciation
We would like to enter an asset and not have YTD depreciation charged for the current year in the Asset Book window (for the Current Fiscal Year which is been setup in the Book). We do not want to set the Current Fiscal Year to the next year and then calculate depreciation for the current year, i.e. on the last date of the current year. We would like to depreciate in the current year and not have the YTD depreciation calculated in the Asset Book window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Make client area of frame view a certain (fixed) size (AdjustWindowRectEx problem)
Hello, I'm trying to port a program written in raw Win32 (so I can ask for help regarding it here) to MFC and I've run into a problem. The program is supposed to be fixed in size and the client area must be of size 400 * 400. The Win32-program uses AdjustWindowRectEx() to calculate the needed width and height that should be passed to CreateWindow() when the main window (which is, in fact, the only window in the program) is created and that works fine. My MFC version is an SDI-program without doc/view support but the frame window does have a view. So I tried to call ::AdjustWind...

Fixed Outlook works.
I had fixed myself with Outlook 2003 configuartion. It worked fine. Use: smtp Not use smtpauth. Thantks david ...

Importing fixed-width data
Dear all, I have a large number of huge text-files I want to import in Excel. Th data are in fixed-width format (each value is 5 characters long), bu there's no space or separator between them. That seems to be a proble for excel. The only way possible seems to be to 'draw' the column manually in the import wizard. I'd rather do it in an automatic way because of the large amount of data. Is there a simple solution to this problem? (I've got little excel an programming background.) Thanks a lot for any responses!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Juliet...

Fixed assets depreciation
I have a customer who has run the depreciation for the last period of their current year. For those assets that have only been added to the system this financial year - the last period's depreciation is correct. But for those assets that were on the system last year, the last period's depreciation is double what it should be. I have traced it back to the start of the financial year when there was an issue on the first period as they tried to run the first depreciation before the year end had been done. They appear to have tried to resolve this themselves. This gave them problems ...

Fixed Asset Duplicate Item Capability
BESTS FASB program allows a user to copy the same item, i.e., a chair, to many other Fixed Asset Cards, thereby eliminating the need to enter by hand, a hundred banquet chairs, for instance. I was in a demo today, and the customer has used FAS for many years. They liked Great Plains Fixed Assets interface to GL, but, didn't like the notion of hand entering multiple "like items". I'd suggest we have a "duplicate" button on the asset card, much like we do in the HR module, when duplicating property. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, an...

Exploit fixed in SP2?
Hi, I've been reading up on different exploits and I was wondering if the exploit detailed here is fixed in SP2: http://exploitlabs.com/files/advisories/EXPL-A-2005-001-owa.txt At the bottom of the page the reply from Microsoft at the time the article was published was: "Thanks very much for contacting us. We have investigated reports of this behaviour in the past and plan to fix it in the next major release of Exchange. Please let me know if you have further questions." I'm just wondering if they decided to fix this exploit in SP2,or wait until the next release (exc...

Fixed Asset description change via Integration Manager
We have requirement of mass chaning description in Fixed Assets, however FA Integraiton 9.0 does not allow update rather only insert only option is available in properties FA AssetGeneralInformation. Any idea from the experts? Ash, Since this data is informational only, this should be pretty straightforward to change directly in SQL. From what I can see, the asset description is only stored in one table: FA00100. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com ...

using depreciation as fixed assets setup
Hello: Instead of typing in the YTD and LTD amounts in the Asset Book window when you are first setting up fixed assets, can you not simply run the depreciation routine and have GP fill in these amounts automatically? Are there any "downfalls" behind doing so? childofthe1980s You might not get the same results if the existing amounts were calculated by hand, Excel, or another fixed assets program. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I've got to go with Fran...

why a fixed number of rows?
A related question to another post: Why does a worksheet have a fixed number of rows (and columns)? 1. Why can't it be dynamically sized? In Word, I start off with 1 page, and if I keep adding lines, it just automatically gives me more room. Why not the same for Excel? 2. If there is a good reason for not being dynamically sized, then at least they could pretend that it is dynamically sized. What I mean by this is that internally, it uses fixed rows and columns. But the GUI only shows the used range. It is just designed that way so you can see the whole thing. The rows that aren'...

If I broke the Switchboard form can it be fixed?
I imported the switchboard form from another db but it can't seem to see the items in the table Switchboard Items. Can I get these two to talk or do I have to start over? Thanks Kelvin You need to import both the form and the table. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Kelvin Beaton" wrote: > I imported the switchboard form from another db but it can't seem to see the > items in the table Switchboard Items. > > Can I get these two to talk or do I have to start over? > > Thanks > > Kelvin > > > On Apr 9, 2:11 pm, &...

how do I export a worksheet as a fixed format ascii file
I need to save a worksheet as a fixed format ascii file, where each column in the worksheet starts in a specific column on the file and is a specific length. In much earlier versions of excel you could export the worksheet and create a template. I can not find this function in the newer versions of excel for exporting data. It's there for importing, not not exporting. Any help will be greatly appreciated One way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#fixedfield In article <5D095F38-9955-42E6-A99D-9313381D5377@microsoft.com>, "SVANATTA65" <SVANAT...

How a row or column can be fixed so as no person can click inside
i want to know that how can a person fix a row or a column in excel as u have done in ur templates for eg. in invioice , time etc. u have not allowed any person to even click in the cell where there is a formula. how u have done this. First, you select the cells the user can change. Then Format/Cells, select the Protection tab, and uncheck Locked. Then go to Tools/Protection and protect the worksheet. You'll have options there as to what the user can and can't do. One is to disallow selecting locked cells. On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:03:01 -0700, vineshwar <vineshwar@discussions.mi...

Does Access store its data in fixed length or variable length rows
-- Dennis Hi, I would assume variable length. Of course it may not even store all of the the data for a particular row in a contiguous section of the file. You could do a quick and dirty test to see if it is variable or fixed length. Create a new database with one table with a text column of 200 or so characters. Create a method that lets you specify to append a thousand or so rows of data. Make a copy of the database. Run the process on one database telling it to save a short value, say a single character. In the other run the process on the second telling it to sav...

Fixed Assets for GP needs to have a Short Year function
Great PLains Fixed Asset module has to have a Short Year function for financial and tax depreciation calculations. To take a full year of depreciation in a short year is aganist GAAP and Tax Rules. In addition it could cause Audit problems for clients. This has to be fixed ASAP ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Why hasn't MS fixed this yet.....?
When you create horizontal bar charts, they always come in backwards, so to fix it you have to flip the data. Same with Stacked Collumns. Also, if you have paired bars they come in flipped as well! I've worked with Excel 97 through XP, you think they would have fixed this by now! Sounds like you are looking for a left handed cup! Bernard "jmorris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B2A931-D858-4445-8CDC-C3A25071C58B@microsoft.com... > When you create horizontal bar charts, they always come in backwards, so to fix it you have to flip the data. ...

Spliting a Fixed Asset
I have some assets that have been entered that are actually 2 different assets. How do I split it to create a new asset? -- Rebecca Kiddie Kandids - A/P Manager www.kiddiekandids.com Rebecca, I was tied up when I first saw this post and figured someone else would jump in. since they haven't, here's my take. The options I came up with are: 1) Retire the asset at it's current value. (Credit FA, Debit Accum Depr, Debit FA Clearing) Put the FA Clearing amount (a debit) back into Fixed Assets by creating 2 new assets for their correct remaining amounts. or 2) Partially retire t...

Fixed straight line(s) on a chart
How can I draw a fixed straight line in an excel chart. A line on a level I can easily adjust changing the value in a spreadsheet cell, for example. Is it possible to fix even multiple lines (eg. as a fixed "bandwidth information" - data comparing to a bandwidth)? Thanks Lukas Hi See the following sites: http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#AddLine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lukas" <lukas.bieri@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeit...

Business Portal, Req Mgmt
We want to change the Filter By selection list for specific users. It seems that this system has hardcoded the list into the page and the filter cannot be changed. We have some users that have a standard set of requisitions that we have saved for them. We had hoped that the filter by list could be altered to show their 'My Saved Requests' as the default. Unfortunately, although this system is built into Business Portal, we do not have the flexibility of SharePoint to make any changes to the Req Mgmt pages. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microso...

Excel 2000
In Excel 2000, can you define rows and columns as fixed heights and widths in centimetres for printing purposes? i.e. I have formatted stationery that will be printed to from Excel and this expects cell widths/heights to remain unchanged. So far, when amending cell properties, I am not being given cm as an option. Cheers Mark Try to format your excel file to match the formatted stationery by trials until you get a perfect print. This should be ok considering the fact that it will be a one time exercise. Thanks KB Excel friggin sucks for printing; I reccomend looking at Access Reports...

Fixed Asset Mgmt Setup
I have been asked to setup Fixed Asset Mgmt for our GP 8 environment. Looking over the documentation for Fixed Asset Mgmt, it says that for those who have GP installedm, but aren't using Fixed Asset Mgmt to; 1. Install GP and run the GP utility (We already have GP installed, and the utility doesn't give any FA related info) 2. Install FA on client systems (EZ enough) 3. Run the FA wizard. Number 1 and 3 are where I'm a little confused. Number 1, Do I have to set something up on the server to get FA working? Or, is it already there and I just need to set up the clients? Num...

Fixed Asset Upgrade
Hi, I recently updated a client from SBF 8 to GP 10.0. They have been using GP for about a week when they tell me that they can't find Fixed Assets. I realized that I forgot to install the module during the upgrade. Is there any way to get the FA tables to upgrade at this point? ...