using charts to read off new data

I've created a chart with a linear trendline as a standard graph.  I would like to use the trendline to read the x values for new data (y- values).  Is there a function that can do this and how can it be done without altering the original graph.
0
anonymous (74722)

Use worksheet functions.  Any of the following will do
  - Slope and Intercept
  - Forecast
  - LinEst
  - Trend

Jerry

HKD wrote:

> I've created a chart with a linear trendline as a standard graph.

> I would like to use the trendline to read the x values for new data

> (y- values).  Is there a function that can do this and how can it be

> done without altering the original graph.

0
post_a_reply (1395)

new "you must be connected to the internet to sign in online" erro
Hi. I've got the Microsoft Money Plus trial and have only had it for about 2 weeks. It was working fine last time I ran it a few days ago and today when I ran it, it won't log me in. It says, "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online." Nothing interesting has changed on my computer other than: - A new version of zone alarm, which I've tried turning off and running MsMoney, but I still get the same error. - Whatever random updates Microsoft has decided to do. Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks, mike In microsoft.public.m...

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

summarizing worksheet data
Hi, I want to create what should be a relatively simple spreadsheet with, say, fifty worksheets in the workbook. Each worksheet would be identical in terms of number of rows & columns, as well as the type of data those columns contain. On the first worksheet, however, I'd like to be able to summarize the cumulative totals of all the other sheets. So, for instance, if cell a20 on worksheets 2 through 50 contained a formula that calculated a sum of the figures in a1:a19, I'd like to put a formula in a cell in the first worksheet that will total the cell a20 in all the other w...

Gathering and adding data from different rows
Hi all, I run a report at work every day that tells me how many shares of a company have been sold and from what year these shares were granted to the participant. The year and the amount of shares are on different lines. For instance, the year would be on D5 and the share amount would be on D10. This is a daily function and the data changes every day. I am required to manually scan these reports and add up the shares for each year separately. I have to separate the amounts for 2003, 1997 and 1996. I want to create a spreadsheeet that I can dump this data into and have the spreadsheet find...

Numbers Chart
I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt Top left corner of chart: =ROW(A1)+10*(COLUMN(A1)-1) Copy to a 10x10 area. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "C and A Bredt" wrote: > I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. > I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. > thanks, CB > -- > C and A Bredt > Highlight the cells, format > Cells > Alignment and make it 90 degrees. "Luke...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Computer won't read files.
When we try to open files in Excel or Word the computer tells us that the file can't be read or it is unavaileable. Dose anybody know why we can't retrieve our files? Thank You, Gaile Storm Hi Gaile it might help if you let us know: -your operating system -version of excel & word you have installed, including service packs (found under help / about) - whether this is a new problem - whether you can create files in these programs - if you can create and save can you then open & view these files? and anything else that may impact on using these files. Cheers JulieD "...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Macro to pull every Nth row of data
I have a spreadsheet of data and I need to pull every 60th row out onto another sheet. Any simple macros? Thanks. Amy How about Sub Test() Source_Sheet = "Sheet1" Target_Sheet = "Sheet2" n = 5000 ' your last line of data on Sheet1 Target_Row = 1 Sheets(Target_Sheet).Select For nCount = 1 To n Step 60 Worksheets(Source_Sheet).Cells(nCount, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets(Target_Sheet).Cells(Target_Row, 1).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ F...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

how to read my messages
Bonjour, j'ai sauvegard=E9 mes messages outlook sur mon disque dur,=20 et j'ai vir=E9 outlook. Est-il possible de lire =E0 nouveau=20 ces fichiers, sans r=E9installer outlook ? Merci (ils apparaissent en .msg) ...

How to used HOOK in OutLook Express
Hello All : I want to use hook control .When outlook express received new mail and remove the new eamil to myself mailbox . PS:Use C++ or HOOK .(not outlook express rule) Thanks Stiwin Lee ...

how to read or view ntds.dit
We need to find some user information in AD for an ex-worker left a year ago. We got a good backup for our domain controller. I assume it has ntds.dit. If so how can I retore it as a file and read offline? Thanks. Hello chris, You can't within Windows server 2003 and lower OS, this database cannot be mounted and vied like access or sql databases. Also see here about Useful shelf life of a system-state backup of Active Directory when restoring an older backup: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216993 For Windows server 2008 and higher see: http://technet.microsoft...

Using the "IF" function?
I setup a worksheet like below A B 1 Jan 123 2 Feb 543 3 Mar 654 4 Apr 456 5 May 645 6 Jun 543 7 Jul 0 8 Aug 0 9 Sep 0 10 Oct 0 11 Nov 0 12 Dec 0 13 When the end of the month, the user will enter some value in the B column, And now I would to setup a formula at A13, if the user enter the value in the B7, then the A13 will show Jul, when the user carry on to enter the value in the B8, then the A13 will change to show Aug, is it possible to setup a if formula or other formula rather than use the macro to doing this? Many Thanks. Ruff Try this: =INDEX...

Last cell with data in a range
I enter weekly data into a spreadsheet with a summary page at the front. After every week, when new data is entered, I want the formula at the front to use the cell with the new data instead of me having to change the existing formula. For example, my data looks like this: A B C 276 300 421 175 0 0 0 I need a formula that will automatically detect the last number >0 in column C. Thank you for your assistance! =Countif(C2:C1000,">0") so your main page formula might be something like: =...

Data Validation in XL2007 suddenly stops functioning
I created a workbook in XL2003 that included some named ranges on Sheet2 that fed some data validation lists on Sheet1. Everything worked as expected. My colleague opened up the workbook in XL2007 and used it several times, and everything worked as expected. Then she called me, saying that it was broken. Of the 6 named ranges and related data validation columns on the other sheet, none of them were working anymore. I went over to her PC, and checked everything I could think of- I could set up working data validation test cells on Sheet2, but could not get the ones on Sheet1 to...

Ability to merge windows into tabs and move a tab into a new windo
I often find myself wishing that I could do two things with IE: 1) Take two IE windows, each with one or more tabs, and merge them together into a single window with the tabs from both. This would help reduce clutter in my taskbar. 2) Take a tab and convert it into an IE window of its own as often times I want to be able to see two web sites at the same time (side by side), which I can't seem to do if they are tabs in the same window. Either that or some sort of 2 page view where you can see two tabs side by side and can navigate each separately. Would like to se...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

Bluetooth: After pair without using a code, CreateFile asks for co
I am trying to use a Bluetooth device in Vista Home Premium. The device does not have a pairing code or any way to enter one. I use "Add Wireless device" in the Bluetooth Devices control panel. My device is found and I choose "pair without using a code". The device pairs OK and its properties show under Services, Serial port ( SPP) 'AT Serial' COM4 But when I call CreateFile to open COM4, Vista shows a "click here" box informing me that a device is trying to connect. When I click the box, I get a dialog asking for the pairing code. How ca...

My synchronized emails disappeared after adding a new account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local = machine, meaning all messages not only the headers. After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer = and they were all there. I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just = logged in it. To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail = one, I...

change the size of Font for reading incoming mail
hi, buddies. I'd like to change the Font with incoming email in my outlook2003. my operation is in the following. click options on the Tools menu, and then click Mail Setup tab, click Fonts. So I change the Font in this items:"When composing and reading plain text" but I can't find the font to take any change when I read incoming email. What my question is how I can change the Font size in the incoming email. thanks is the incoming mail plain text and the change isn't working or is the incoming mail html? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://ww...