Using a variable for a chart limit

Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.
--
Vince F
0

Hi,

See Jon's information
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html

Cheers
Andy

Vince F wrote:
> Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
> reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
> but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> See Jon's information
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Vince F wrote:
> > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
> > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
> > but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
VinceF (4)
6/28/2008 10:19:01 AM
How would you do this with a secondary axis?  My issue is I have 2 Y axes and
I want them both to adjust relative to each other based on the data.  I know
I can manually change the maximum values, but I would rather change the value
in which the 2 axes relate and have the charts adjust accordingly.

For example, 6 on the primary axis will equal 1 on the secondary, 12 will be
2, and so on.  If I need to adjust it to, say 5 and 1, how could I accomplish
that without manual chart adjustments?

Phillip

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> See Jon's information
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Vince F wrote:
> > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
> > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
> > but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Hi,

The same way only you need to reference the secondary axis.

     With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary)
         .MaximumScale = 6
             ' Constant value
         .MinimumScale = dYmin
             ' VBA variable
         .MajorUnit = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value
             ' Worksheet range value
     End With

Cheers
Andy

Read more:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html#ixzz0nbeBaxVT

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
Andy
5/11/2010 8:08:03 AM
One (non-VBA) approach is to plot a dummy series with appropriate values
on each axis and then make this invisible (no lines, no markers), then
set both axes back to automatic.
So for axis 1, plot the MAX value (or maybe use
CEILING(MAX(your_range),2) to round up to the next 2 or 5 or some other
'round' number).
For axis 2 plot a dummy series which is 1/6 of the one you worked out
for axis 1.

Hope this helps.
Adam

On 11/05/2010 03:07, PYO1012 wrote:
> How would you do this with a secondary axis?  My issue is I have 2 Y axes and
> I want them both to adjust relative to each other based on the data.  I know
> I can manually change the maximum values, but I would rather change the value
> in which the 2 axes relate and have the charts adjust accordingly.
>
> For example, 6 on the primary axis will equal 1 on the secondary, 12 will be
> 2, and so on.  If I need to adjust it to, say 5 and 1, how could I accomplish
> that without manual chart adjustments?
>
> Phillip
>
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> See Jon's information
>> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> Vince F wrote:
>>> Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell
>>> reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis?  It seems impossible,
>>> but there is a lot of experience out there.  Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info

0
AdamV

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Override Limit
Customer credit limit override approval workflow Hello all, Just wondering if/where we can have the override credit limit just in effect on either the Order or Invoice and not both. TY No, the concept is that when you clear a credit hold on an order the customer must have paid their bill our you increased their credit, which would allow it to move forward as an invoice, unless, of course, they over charged and under paid again. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our...

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

TEMP environment variable
Hi, Does somebody know what happens when I write in the 'TEMP' environment variable more than one directory, seperated by a ';' (For example 'C:\windows\temp ; d:\temp')? Does the OSs (98, 2000, XP) know to use BOTH directories as a temporary directories? Regards, Ram ...

Using INDIRECT within functions

How to use count for calls per hour

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...