using a picture as a stacked bar in chart

I am wondering how to use a picture (a barrel or a glass) instead of the bar
in a stacked bar chart.  So rather than have a stacked bar with 4 colors I
would have a picture of a glass with the 4 colors.

Is this possible?  and if so how can I do this?  I've seen it in other
presentations, but I don't know if it used other applications to create.

Thanks

Hi,

You can use a picture as the fill picture. You will need 4 images to get
different coloured glasses.
Double click a series. On the Pattern Tab click Fill Effects. On the
Picture tab use Select Picture.

For xl2007 the Picture option is on the Fill tab of the series format
dialog.

More information,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomStacks.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart
Hi, I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $ on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high values ($600-$1000). My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600 (with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just becomes too large or too s...

Gantt charts
i was wondering if you could possible send me a guide or some sort of document which will help me in designing a gantt chart using outlook. thanks Outlook has no Gantt chart capability. Perhaps you're thinking of = Microsoft Project?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ashley" <Ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Using wildcards w/ sumproduct
I'm not familiar with wildcards in formulas, and I can't seem to figure out exactly what to do here. If the first 3 letters in cells of column A contain FPC, then sum corresponding rows in column P, then by the total number of cells in column AT where the first 3 letters are FPC. =SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A20014,3*(closed!$A$3:$A$20003="FPC"))),(closed!$P$3:$P$20003)/SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A20014,3*(closed!$AT$3:$AT$20003="FPC"))))) Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanx, ~Julz Hi if I understood you correctly try =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(closed!$A$3:$A$20003)=&qu...

Missing Label in Pie Chart
I have a pie chart that gets updated every week with the same category names but different values and percentages. I never had any problems until last week one of them disappeared and I can't find it at all. When I point to the appropriate wedge I can the popup that shows me what the numbers are, but the label that I would have on that wedge doesn't show up. I have looked under other wedges, played with the fonts and colors but to no avail. I am totally perplexed. Any ideas? You may have accidently deleted it. Try right clicking on the slice and using the format option ...

How can I find out which apps are using .NET and which not?
I appear to have three versions of .NET (2, 3, 3.5) with their associated special packs. How can I find out which apps are using .NET. (Please, no 'cut-one-out' method, I do not want to uninstall and see what has stopped working.) I am aware that the different .NETS are individually and separately usable by different apps - my questions is what app uses which? Thanks for any pointers occam wrote: > I appear to have three versions of .NET (2, 3, 3.5) with their > associated special packs. > > How can I find out which apps are using .NET. (Please, no 'c...

Outlook using RPC over HTTP and Passwords
We have implemented mandatory password changes every 60 days and the remote users with Outlook over http and not given an opportunity to change the password when it expires. After the 60 days they can't get in and I need to change their password on the server. Is there something I need to do? or fix? VPN users are being prompted to change their passwords and can change them themselves. -- Regards Chris Can they change them from OWA? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/...

Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application
I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular entries to my Goggle calendar? OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle >calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular >entries to my Goggle calendar? It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and figuring out how to execu...

REMOVAL OF TOOL BARS
I NEED HELP ON HOW TO REMOVE "Hot" tool bars from outlook express.. This bar was downloaded to add emoticons and was downloaded by mistake. please advise Go to Control Panels and choose Add/Remove programs. You should be able to uninstall it there. It might be called MyWebSearch, HotBar, or one of several other names. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference ***Please post all replies ...

multiple 3D equations in one excel surface chart
hi all i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one excel surface chart does anyone have simple way of doing it i have the link for one equation chart but from there i'm little bit lost http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/ What's the problem? If your data is of 3D type, just plot it as such. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "thread" wrote: > hi all > i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one > excel...

FWD: Use pack
--nozugocqswhapz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ocmbostjnqamcd"; type="multipart/alternative" --ocmbostjnqamcd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wtcazseafbqr" --wtcazseafbqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

Case entity in Left Nav bar
Am I blind? I haven't used CRM for a while, and I'm set as a Sys Adm, and thought I used to be able to select a Vie Open Cases as an entity (left nav similar to Activities, Calendar, Reports, Announements???). Right now my two options are to go into the Contact, select the Case and view or to open and select the Advanced Find I created. We are not using Queues, but they are entering all customization requests in as a Case. Thank you! Thats strange, have the permissions for the Admin changed for any reason? How about clearing your IE cache? I don't think it's been th...

picture colour degradation
Importing either tif or jpeg format pictures into a worksheet with merged data from other files causes the picture colours to be degraded. This is particularly noticeable in the red spectrum where the colours can change violently from the true colour- red can become purple for example. The original picture files are fine and are correctly interpreted in Adobe for example. The degradation is not consistent and may occur at any random moment either while using the file or opening it having saved it correctly. Once degraded it seems impossible to revert back. Any ideas on the cause ...

copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution
I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that? Thanks! On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts >are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried >everyting, turned ...

Using a form instead of a parameter query.
We are using Access 2007. There are several parameters that my db users have to input to "filter" the data that will complete reports for the agency. I have no trouble using date fields on a form that allows the user to define the date range. However, the users need to specify foreign key fields (long int.) and I wish them to enter more than one value in the field at one time. Using the In () operator works fine on the query itself, but how can I have the users type several integers in a text box on a form that will form the parameter for the query? Any ideas? And than...

Is there a Print Preview without using the Preview app?
Is there a way to see what a document will look like on a printed page while working within Office? I know I can do Print>Preview, but that views the document in Preview, not in Office. "Office" is a suite of applications programs - knowing which of those programs you're referring to would make it a bit easier to answer your question:) In general, however, Office never has done the printing & the current Apple guidelines for printing allow for the apps to no longer have to provide a preview service which was [and is] generated by the OS & printer driver in the first ...

Line and Bar on same chart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CA7360.B6F4C670 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Any way to plot line data and bar data on the same chart? For example, chart showing fuel tank cumulative gallons plus showing = individual fills as bars, both vs. date Date Fill Cumulative Jan 100 100 Mar 250 350 Jun 175 525 Thx=20 Dave Office(Excel) 2003 I'll try this in HTML ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CA7360.B6F4C670 Content-Type: text/ht...

How can I get the zero values at the end of a chart not to show?
I have a chart getting data from a spreadsheet, where data is added one day at a time, for an entire month. After adding the data for the first day, the data point shows, but the line connecting the data point in the chart immediately drops to zero, since data for the remaining days is not available. Is there a way to just have the line connecting the data points show only where there is data, and not show anything for the upcoming days where data is not available? Thanks. 1) use a dynamic chart - see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm or 2) rather than blanks f...

ploting properly spaced "day" chart
I have bunch of data that's associated with "number of days". i.e. day 5 it's 3%, day 21 is 15%, day 90 is 25%. I like to plot those in a line graph so I can see the change of percentage according to number of days that's progresses so far. If I just plot those 3 data points, I would simply get all 3 points equal space of each other, not reflecting the time difference in the number of days, i.e. 16 days between first 2 points, 69 days between next 2. How do I adjust the X axis to change this? Since you're plotting number of days (plain numbers, not dates), you...

How to Copy Charts and Tables from Excel to Publisher
Hi, Everyone: I'm a new user of Publisher 2003, and I'm working on a 100-page or so document with text, photos, charts, and tables. I would appreciate advice about copying charts and tables from an Excel workbook and reducing file size. Please also recommend which is the correct file format to use when saving charts, tables, and photos as "pictures". My Excel workbook has numerous worksheets. (1) When I try to "copy and paste" a single Excel chart from one worksheet into Publisher, I get an "object" which shows ALL the worksheets if I double...

Animated Picture in Outlook
I have received an email with animated picture, can I save that picture in the animated format, I have tried to save in a different format but not with the animation. Is there any way to do that ? help Dear, Please have a look here http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Aslukka" wrote: > I have received an email with animated picture, can I save that picture in > the animated format, I have tried to save in a different format but not with >...

Viewing picture attachments in outlook 2003
When I used to use outlook express and received an e-mail from someone that had attached a jpg or pic file.. it could be viewed by just scrolling down the message. I notice this isn't the way outlook 2003 handles the pic files.. but it was handy if someone sent a few in one e-mail.. Is there anyway to set this up instead of having to click on each individual pic attachment. no. outlook does not support inline image viewing. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www...

pasted picture won't appear
I'm running windows xp and word 2002. A week or so ago I could select a portion of a map in streets and trips 2010 and copy it, then paste it in a word document. It appeared fine and I could edit it. Now every time I try it all I get is a box with a square, triangle, and circle in it. I can see the picture on the clipboard. Pasting into paint works fine. I don't know what changed. I've tried repairing word, but it doesn't help. It is actually not uncommon that that problem is happening because you are actually copying code rather than an image. The best thing ...

Corrupt emails when using multipart content types
I am running Exchange 2003 with latest SPs and am running into a very strange problem. When we receive certain emails, the contents of the messages have been corrupted. Exclamation points (!) seem to appear randomly in the text (usually an exclamation point followed by a space). The messages both contain HTML and TEXT content, the header is: Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10" The text version content type is: ------=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tr...

Insert picture in user form
Im trying to add a small JPG file to a user form nut cant seem to find way to insert it - ive looked through the menus and tried cpoy and past but no joy. does anyone know how i can do this -- LB7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26232 hi, put the image control on the form. see toolbox. set the image controls picture property to the file path of the image. to do this, on the image control's pr...

Problem with TOC using various TOC styles in the same table (Wrd20
Hello, I'm having a weird problem with the table of contents. I have been editing a long document and am regularly updating the TOC. I have just noticed that the spaces between the lines were various in the TOC and thus used the style inspector to find out why. It appeared that TOC 1, TOC 2, TOC 3, TOC 4...styles were all there in the TOC. I have no idea why, I'm creating the TOC repeatedly, removing or replacing the previous one and when creating, I'm choosing TOC 1 as the style but when the TOC is inserted, the problem is the same. Single space here, 1.5 space th...