use a time value in a bar graph

i have values in a series

like

c5 9:01
d5 21:01
e5 =(d5-c5)

I would like to use e5 in a bar graph it gives values which would make sense
only to excel
0
pdfrone (4)

If the axis is formatted as time, it shouldn't be a problem.  If it doesn't
choose the scales to give clean divisions, you can choose an appropriate
unit on the axis, such as 03:00.
--
David Biddulph

"pdfrone" <pdfrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have values in a series
>
> like
>
> c5 9:01
> d5 21:01
> e5 =(d5-c5)
>
> I would like to use e5 in a bar graph it gives values which would make
> sense
> only to excel

0
David
2/28/2007 11:59:10 AM
thanks do you know how to set the scale in vba or vb.net

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> If the axis is formatted as time, it shouldn't be a problem.  If it doesn't
> choose the scales to give clean divisions, you can choose an appropriate
> unit on the axis, such as 03:00.
> --
> David Biddulph

0
pdfrone (4)
3/1/2007 6:55:03 AM
Turn on the macro recorder while you adjust the scale manually to get an
inefficient version of the VBA code.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

> thanks do you know how to set the scale in vba or vb.net
>
> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
>> If the axis is formatted as time, it shouldn't be a problem.  If it
>> doesn't
>> choose the scales to give clean divisions, you can choose an appropriate
>> unit on the axis, such as 03:00.
>> --
>> David Biddulph

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/1/2007 1:03:09 PM
thanks a lot problem solved. Went through the related link on your site and
got the required code.

pdfr

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Turn on the macro recorder while you adjust the scale manually to get an
> inefficient version of the VBA code.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "pdfrone" <pdfrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > thanks do you know how to set the scale in vba or vb.net
> >
> > "David Biddulph" wrote:
> >
> >> If the axis is formatted as time, it shouldn't be a problem.  If it
> >> doesn't
> >> choose the scales to give clean divisions, you can choose an appropriate
> >> unit on the axis, such as 03:00.
> >> --
> >> David Biddulph

0
pdfrone (4)

missing formula bar
Hi I just opened excel and the bar at the top where you enter data and formula is missing. So if I want to enter data I have to enter it in the cell. How do I get this bar back and why did it disappear? Office XP with Excel Thanks Ron Ron, try view, check formula bar -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Ron" <ron@flymail.fm> wrote in message news:%23kH5qdBxFHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi I ju...

Using a Parameter Query in a Report?
I have a table called "Changes" with several fields that is feeding a sub-report of my main report. One of the fields in the table is named "Contract". This field is actually an index into a lookup table that has the text version of the contract name. What I want to do is somehow translate the index in "Changes" back into the contract name and put that name in the sub-report. The lookup table is named "tlkp_Contract" and has "ID" and "Contract_Name" as its fields. I created a query that looks up "Contract_Name&...

how to? custom worksheet function using VBA
hello. new user here. Is it possible to create "custom" worksheet functions in VBA in Excel 2007? I used to do this quite easily in Excel 5. I can't find how to do this in the new version. This MS article doesn't seem to work for the 2007: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010548461033.aspx I don't have Excel 2007, but doesn't it work the same way? You just put the UDF in a standard code module in the workbook where it's going to be used. For example: Function MySum(intNum1 As Integer, intNum2 As Integer) As Integer MySum =3D intNum1 + intNum2 E...

Average Time...
I've got the cells formatted with "Custom" and m:ss. I'm using the formula: =AVERAGE(F10:F15) and it gives #DIV/0 Is there any way to keep the times in minutes:seconds format and still get the average? Sounds like your times are actually entered as Text. Try this: Select an empty cell. Copy it. Select F10:F15. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Add and Values radio buttons. As long as you have at least one non-zero value in the range, that should give you an average. In article <gb1vo0131fr2egpa6q8hrdls9inpbsj40k@4ax.com>, Kevin <joe@upyours.com> wro...

Getting Excel whilst using the sumif formula to search for part of a word
I am using a Sumif formula on a summary page that summarises from a list in another sheet. This is case and word sensitive, is there any way to get excel to search for part of a word e.g instead of searching for Cabin Installers Ltd it could find Cabin? I am just starting to learn VBA is this something VBA could easily do? This same workbook i basically a monthly cost spread sheet that comes in and i have to analysis to show the movement in the month. Is there anyway excel could auto summarise the sheet e.g For every individual name/company on the sheet it could find the sum of their costs?...

How can read object order by useing writing?
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogActiveCellFont).Show ........................2 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogAddChartAutoformat).Show.....................3 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogActivate).Show...............................4 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogZoom).Show ....................How to know it order = ? thank you ...

Entourage Calendar Appointment Times are off by One Hour

I need .5 instead of .3 on total time on time sheet
I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) not .3 (39.3 hours) What formula? What value of the source cells? What formatting? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B4BFDEF-6625-42E9-ACC3-143C5C8C8832@microsoft.com... >I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) > not .3 (39.3 hours) try =MROUND(F2,0.5) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.c...

Using conditions in WF Sales Processes
I'm creating a workflow process that I am trying to implement in MSCRM. The problem is that within each Stage, I have activities that should be dependent on the completion of the previous activity. The easiest way to solve this is to go beyond the 5 step Sales Process and create a new Stage for each successive activity. However, in the Sales Process tab this is quite unsightly. I've tried using a normal manual WF as a subprocess to the Sales Process WF. This works, but it gives me 2 problems: 1. The WF Subprocess does not appear in the Opportunity Sales Process Tab. The customer want...

Weighted Avg
I maintain a spreadsheet for a telephone hotline. We track total number of calls received (column F) as well as average time to answer the call (column J). To analyze the month's average time to answer, I use the following weighted average formula: SUMPRODUCT (J5:J26,F5:F26)/SUM(F5:26). I have 2 questions relating to this: 1) Is the above formula correct to determine the average speed to answer? I've assumed the weights to be the total number of calls received. 2) I have a different spreadsheet for each month (Jan, Feb, etc.). How can I properly show the weighted average as...

How to find value that is bigger or smaller than 2SD?
I am new to excel, my question may be silly for you. But I really don't know how to do it and hope to get your help. I need to do statistic analysis of my data table which has lots of columns. First of all, in each column, I want to find and highlight the value that is bigger than mean+two times standard derivation, or smaller than mean-2* standard derivation. Do you have any suggestions about how to do it? Thanks alot, ming Hello, Maybe something like this ... Sub HighlightForMePlease() Dim rngLook As Range, c As Range, firstAddy As String Dim lngSTDEV1 As Double, lngSTD...

how to read textbox value from vb.net
i have added a textbox from developer>control tab>activeXcontrol>textbox in word document 2007. the content of the textbox includes "my name is supriya upadhyay". now i want to open this word file from vb.net and wanna read the content of the textbox. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out ...

Trendline on stacked bar graph
Hello How can you add a trendline to a stacked bar graph? Thanks -- Joni ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joni's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513635 Keep in mind that a stacked chart depicts a sum of one or more series, not just each series. Trendlines only work on individual series. You could either generate trendlines for each series on a non-stacked basis, or you could add dummy line chart series to the stacked column chart...

Hpw can I use the same label format?
I created a label to print some selected records from Access with the Filter option. Next time, if I want to print different records from the same Access file. How can I use the same label created, instead of recreating the same label format everytime I want to print other records? Instead of including the filter in the label report, leave the report unfiltered so that by default it would print all labels. You can then restrict which labels are printed at runtime in various of ways: 1. Change the report's RecordSource to a query with one or more parameters which prompt yo...

linked values not displayed unless source file open
i have an excel sheet with cells linked to cells in another seperate excel file. Excel will not show the values unless I have the source file open. this always used to work with the source file closed. Now the target file shows #value. this is a major nuisance if there are 7 or 8 linked files! please help. Sandy There are some worksheet functions that don't work with closed workbooks. =indirect(), =countif(), =sumif() are a few. If you share your formula, you may find that there's an alternative that you can use. Sandyc wrote: > > i have an excel sheet with cells l...

Adding time
I want to add time,like a sum. 12:00+12:00+12:00=36:00? I keep getting a basic time like 12:00. Could you please supply a formula. Thank you Hi In the cell with the formula, Format>Cells>Number>Custom [h]:mm Putting the [ ] brackets around h allows it to sum past 24 hours. Regards Roger Govier trucker wrote: > I want to add time,like a sum. > > 12:00+12:00+12:00=36:00? > > I keep getting a basic time like 12:00. Could you please supply a formula. > > Thank you > ...

keeping footer from resizing when using the fit to page function
How do I keep the footer from shrinking in excel when i use the "fit to page" option for my worksheets. I'd like it to stay the same size no matter what the font of the worksheet is. ...

Automatically update Value for data label
Hello I am using Excel 2003 SP2, and have some graphs which have the value (data label) for the last month. Each month new data is entered and the data label has to be deleted for the previous month and the data label for the most recent month added (it still uses the same old data - new data is only entered for the most recent month). Is there any way where the data label can automatically update with the most recent months value (as the chart updates itself automatically currently). Any ideas appreciated. Thank you in advance. Regards, Nav ...

Time Entry
A simple problem I would appreciate your help with. I have a work sheet with several cells where time is to be entered in the format hh:mm. Unfortunately a lot of users are enetering it in the format hh.mm. Is there any way I can automatically convert to the right format, or not accept the (.) but only (:). Thanks for your help. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If InStr(1, Target.Text, ":", vbTextCompare) < 1 Then MsgBox "invalid entry" End If End Sub Enter the above code in the sheets module Mangesh -- mangesh_yadav -------------------...

Use Datedif but for future dates
I have a formula for identifying years, months, days from a past date to now. DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"y")&" Y, "& DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"ym")& " M, " & DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"md") & " D" I'd like a formula that can produce the same format (years, months, days) between now and a future date. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bart Hi Bart Try this with the date in A2 =IF(TODAY()<=A2,DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"Y") & " y " & DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"ym") & " m","-"&...

Creating opportunity using CRM api
Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an opportunity using C#. I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains. What I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just the necessary information so I can build on it from there. I appreciate any help! Hi Jeffa When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples let me know if you get s...

Using Regular expressions in Excell 2007
I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions 'heavily'. In Excell 2003 you had to import the RegExp library to be able to use it. Is Regular Expressions part of VBA in Excell 2007? or do you still need to import the RegExp library? Same as in Excel 2003, the library is part of IE not Excel or VBA. -- HTH Bob "ncunha" <ncunha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF31D63-6C38-451B-9CEF-2E091DA7B2E7@microsoft.com... >I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions > 'heavily'...

Printout Method
In building a form to allow users to print a "blank form" I've constructed as an Access Report, I'd like the user to be able to select the number of copies to print. It looks like the PrintOut Method would be a good choice for this, but I'm not smart enough to know quite how to get the "Copies" argument to get its input from the textbox on my form, where the user will enter the number of copies they'd like to print. Suggestions? -- Thanks, Croy Does the report have a record source? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

Times New Roman font problem
OS: Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Office 2003 When a client asked me to do a document using Times New Roman 12, I discovered that Vista did not have that font (it didn't appear in my font list nor was it available in Word), so I downloaded and installed it from a file called Times32.exe. I had to manually extract the TTF files from the archive because running the exe didn't install the font, even though the installer said it had. When I used Vista's Add New Font and specified the actual TTF files, Vista said they were already installed, and THEN Times New Roman appeared ...