Urgent - X and Y Axis Auto Scale for Chart

How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add
new data in my spreadsheet?
--
Sandi Gardner
0

"Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add
> new data in my spreadsheet?

The default is to do so.
Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max.
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)
6/8/2006 6:57:05 PM
That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also.
--
Sandi Gardner

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add
> > new data in my spreadsheet?
>
> The default is to do so.
> Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max.
> --
> David Biddulph

0
Sandi (13)
6/9/2006 12:17:01 AM

> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
>> "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I
>> > add
>> > new data in my spreadsheet?

>> The default is to do so.
>> Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max.

> That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also.

Do the same for the X axis.  If it isn't working for you, you're probably
using the wrong type of chart.

X-Y chart is normally the best bet if you're interested in the X axis data
rather than merely category labels.
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)

auto reply
Can we sent this up in Outlook 98 or do we need to upgrade to a new version. I do not see an option to do this in outlook 98. Thanks You can only do this if you're connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "karenr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:980601c3ea77$818b1750$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can we sent this up in Outlook 98 or do we need to upgrade > to a new version. I do no...

auto correct small leters to caps letters
How to change all the small letters in a work sheet to caps letters Your function is: UPPER You may use it in an adjacent sheet to achieve what you want OR to run a macro on all the used-cells in your sheen to change the appropriate letters. Micky "Santhosh" wrote: > How to change all the small letters in a work sheet to caps letters Forgot the Macro: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Sub MakeAllLettersUppercase() For Each CL In Selection CL.Value = UCase(CL) Next End Sub -------------- Micky > Your funct...

Reverse chart column and row order
I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse order: I want a bar graph that looks like this: Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1 Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2 Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3 Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 What I'm getting is: Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2---------------------->Column 1 D3M ----------...

Text box disappears on chart
I added a text box to a chart and when I click off of it, the text box disappears (goes behind the chart). I have tried Bring to Front and Bring Forward, and it may or may not stay visible and print. I have clicked on the frame of the text box (it changes pattern) and tried Bring to Front - same problem. Any ideas? Carole O The text box is on the worksheet, not the chart. To fix the problem, Select the text box, and choose Edit>Cut Select the chart (you'll see handles on its corners and sides) Choose Edit>Paste, to paste the text box onto the chart. Click away from the char...

Chart numbers from multiple sheets
Is Excel 2002 capable of creating a chart based on numbers from multiple sheets in a workbook? Addressed in your other thread. Regards, Leni -- LeninVM ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LeninVMS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31954 ...

Bubble Charts Colours go wrong
Hi, I have some bubble charts which are maintained by a VB script i wrote. The script sets up a data series based on a table with custom labels, sizes and colours for each bubble. I've now come across a problem that despite my macro setting the colour of the bubbles correctly and even the sample colour box in >format data series> patterns showing the colour i want, the bubble does not. please help! Darren. You don't show the code. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 E...

How to chart monthly sales for successive years
I want to show monthly figures with a line chart, with the second year coming after the first, the third year after the second, etc. I don't want the years to bunch up, ie 3 years-worth of bars for Jan, Feb, etc. I want Jan-Dec 2006, then Jan-Dec 2007, and so forth. Thanks for your help! Create a table with the dates across the top e.g. Jan-07, Feb-07, etc, then have the monthly sales figures below the dates. Select the dates and the sales numbers and click on insert chart. You can see an example of this at www.tejniya.co.uk, click on documents and goto Excel. MVK "wolf...

Calculate Sliding Scale Calculation
I need to be able to calculate a commission as follows: Total Amount=$500 Total Commission (0-$100, 5%)+($101-399, 10%)+(>$400, 15%) This would calculate a different percentage for each of the ranges above and then add them together. I hope I'm making myself clear because I'm confused just writing this. It seems like there should be a very easy way to do this in Excel. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks, Andy See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html In article <1173808418.215657.199740@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, "Andy" <...

drag down/auto fill
I have a cell that references another workbook--when I drag down to auto fill it references the same cell on the reference sheet, instead of the ones below it. What am i doing wrong? jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Jeremy Before you drag down, delete the dollar sign in front of the row number in the formula. -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:179a55ca96584cfda3c2cddc891446db@OfficeKB.com... >I have a cell that references another workbook--when I drag down to auto >...

Unevenly spaced x axis on chart
Hi Trying to make a chart where the x axis is number-of-days from a start-date, and y axis is a value measured on the particular date. For example, the columns may be: Date Days from Start Measurement 02/12/09 1 120 06/12/09 5 134 09/12/09 8 118 18/12/09 17 109 etc. I want a line chart showing the measurement vs days which I can do - BUT... I would like the x axis (days from start) to be spaced according to the number of days, which as you can see from the above are not evenly spaced. In other words, if there have been several days between measurements, I...

Removing gris effect in a chart
Hello all! I created a contour chart in Excel 2007. But there is a grid effect on the chart. Is it possible to remove it, and how? Thanks a lot! Hi, Select the legend and then select a legend entry. CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. The dialog should show Format Band in its title. Select Border colour and set it to No Line. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Olivier" <Olivier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8942BA16-4F43-4983-8057-0FECA1FC1711@microsoft.com... > Hello all! > > I created a contour ch...

created chart will not display
I tried to create a 3D pie chart within a spreadsheet. After highlighting the data that I wanted in the chart , the only thing that shows up is the chart title. The pie chart itself is no where to be found. Please advise Thanks,Belinda That probably means that Excel thinks your data are not numeric. If the values you are plotting are in, say, B2:B5, in some empty column, say C, starting with C2, enter =ISNUMBER(B2) and copy down to C3:C5. What do you get? -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 d...

Outlook XP no longer does auto send/receive
Hi all, Seems several PCs on our network have mysteriously decided to stop doing auto send-receives, even though they have clearly been set up to do so every 5 mins. In fact, my Outlook has started (not) doing it today & I *know* I haven't touched any email settings for weeks. I have SP3 installed. Any/all advice much appreciated, as is email followup (if possible). To reply via email please substitute 'nospam' with 'global'. ...

Charts for Social Work
Need help in creating 2 charts. Not sure if it�s possible in Excel. Hopefully I�ll give enough details. Chart #1 Y-axis: Range is 35 to 5, where the 35 is a minimum value at the botto of the chart. X-axis: There are actually three categories, but it is not a Bar Chart per se. Category Names(should appear at the top of the chart, not as an axi label): Baseline, Intervention, and Follow-up (The X-axis should hav gaps, so each category is separated; there actually should be no axi label) The Y-axis represents a score between 5 and 35. The score for th Baseline is 22 and is supposed to be re...

Excel should allow chart axes to be set from sheet data.
I often chart account balances where I have x axis of dates and y axis of monetary amounts. It would be helpful if there was a facility to allow the x axis minimum and maximum to be set to some value as calculated from the data itself (or even calculated using a formula). I like to keep a "rolling" picture of the last three months (so, today()-90 to today()) and the next three months (today() to today() + 90) (on two separate charts). I have to manually update the x axis's minimum and maximum each day. you can set up formulas in cells to calculated your desired max/mins a...

Cannot change criteria on copied chart without changing original c
I have a chart that I created from a pivot table. Instead of creating 40 plus charts individually, I tried to copy the original chart and change the location for each chart. When I change the facility location for one chart it changes all others. How can I get around this? Steve You'll need to make independent pivot tables for each chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services 774-275-0064 208-485-0691 fax jon@peltiertech.com http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07FF39D...

Create an auto chart using macro
Hi all, I would like automatically generate a Gantt style graph though use of a Macro and a little button. I have the following data Task description Start date End date % completed % remaining. Does anyone have some code that I can just use? Haha, I think it's going to be a little more complex then you think it's going to be. Start here: http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/excel-gantt-chart.html You should probably get acquainted with that. There's a video there too. May be a good learning experience, but I think you already know a bit about G...

scroll bar missing in charts
I don't know how I managed to do it, but I have locked my charts into being viewed as "fit to window." I have no scroll bars. I checked to make sure the Tools/Options/View horizonal and vertical scrollbars were checked, and Tools/Options/Chart, and unchecked "chart sizes with window frame." Nothing happened, and when I reopened the Tools/Options/Chart, the box was re- checked! I can't uncheck "fit to window" in the view mode, and I can't click on zoom. Please HELP!!! You haven't by any chance just hit View / FullScreen have you, in whi...

Urgent #2
hi , just wana know that how can i create a binary file in vc++ 6. thanks Parijat I'm not sure you can create a binary file, but you can edit one by using Open With (the arrow next to the Open button on the Open File dialog). A file is a file so I suppose you could create any file then open it in binary mode and add whatever you want to it. It may be easier to just write simple program to create the binary file instead. Tom "PARIJAT" <parijat_3000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1157490650.007985.119390@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > hi , > just wana k...

Sort Pivot Chart
In Excel 2000, is there a way to sort a pivot chart by the summed data? Thanks. Hi, Do you mean that you want to X axis to be sorted in some sort of order? In general if you want to display data on a pivot chart as sorted you sort the pivot table. So to be of any real help we need more detail. What do you want to sort? Are they row fields, column fields, data fields? How do you want them to sort? How are the fields layed out on the pivot table? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Alex" wrote: > In Excel 2000, is there a way to sort a pivot chart by the summed data? &...

Showing Grand Totals in Pivot Charts
I have created a pivot table which contains a Grand Total column. This grand total column displays the sum of the counts for all the columns correctly. This number does not seem to be available to me when I generate a pivot chart. How can I make the grand total from the pivot table display in the pivot chart? Hi Nikki - Unfortunately pivot charts aren't as flexible as regular charts. But you can make a regular chart from pivot table data. Select a blank cell that isn't near the pivot table. In step 2, click on the Series tab, then one by one add the series and the data range ...

Charts/graphs on Access forms and reports
I have been given a project where I have to create a chart on a form and duplicate it on a report. There are three dates that are sequential that need to be charted for each item. So each "row" on the chart will show a triangle for the start date of each step in the process. However, each date has an estimated and actual date. I need to draw a line between the actual and estimated for each date, with a space before the next estimated and actual. e.g. (where # would be the triangle) Task F F M A M J J A S O N D TASK ONE #------...

creating auto reply on exchange server 2003 and 5.5
We have recently migrated to exchange 2003 from exchange 5.5 ( also migrated from new domain) . The users mailbox have been created to new exchange server 2003. All user emails have been changed.Is there any way to do configuartion on exchange 5.5 server for auto reply so that sender gets notification that the email address have been change and next time he will send to new email address. Sameway is there any way on 2003 exchange also. As some user leave the organisation and we have to tell the outside that this email address will no longer be active,,, Thanks Best regards ...

Charting table data beginning with zero
I have a large mailling list table in Word. I am trying to convert it to Access, but have had trouble with importing the data - a lot is corrupted in the translation. A friend suggested pasting it into Excel first and then converting. This seems to work very well except for the Postal Code column. When the postal codes begin with zero, Excel is dropping the zero in the pasting operation and will not accept it even if I manually record it. I tried going into tools>options>error checking>text to numbers (both on and off) but this doesn't seem to help. Any help is tre...

irritating warning for negative data on log charts
I know perfectly well that I can't plot negative values on a log chart. That doesn't mean that my data doesn't have negative numbers in it. Is there any way that anybody knows to disable this irritating message? My productivity drops 100% because every time I scroll around in a sheet that happens to have a negative number on a log chart somewhere, this irritating dialog pops up. I don't want to have to build my own log charts that ignore negative numbers (I could, but what's the point of a built-in log chart if you can't use it). I don't want to have to w...