Urgent - X and Y Axis Auto Scale for Chart

How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add
new data in my spreadsheet?
--
Sandi Gardner
0

"Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add
> new data in my spreadsheet?

The default is to do so.
Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max.
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)
6/8/2006 6:57:05 PM
That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also.
--
Sandi Gardner

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add
> > new data in my spreadsheet?
>
> The default is to do so.
> Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max.
> --
> David Biddulph

0
Sandi (13)
6/9/2006 12:17:01 AM

> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
>> "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I
>> > add
>> > new data in my spreadsheet?

>> The default is to do so.
>> Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max.

> That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also.

Do the same for the X axis.  If it isn't working for you, you're probably
using the wrong type of chart.

X-Y chart is normally the best bet if you're interested in the X axis data
rather than merely category labels.
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)

How to choose a scale for the SECOND Y-Axis to avoid visual distortion
To explain the issue by way of example: revenues are declining over time more quickly than # of customers and that should be apparent by looking at a 2-line graph which plots revenues and customers over time. The revenues (in milllions) and customers (in thousands) are plotted against two different y-axes. The downward slope of revenues should be steeper than the downward slope of customers. But, by default Excel chooses a scale to fill the most space and this visually misrepresents the facts. It looks like decline in revenues is proportional to decline in customers. QUESTION: How to cal...

Charts #25
I am using Excel 2007. When I try to insert a chart the following ERROR is coming. Please clarify, how to manage this. I tried this with all chart types, but the same message is coming. Note: This problem was suddenly started & earlier there is no problem. I un-installed office & re-installed, but still the problem is exsting. "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select other chart type" ...

Data Tables on Charts
I have 2 files. The first has the source data while the second has the graph that's linked to the data that is in the first. The chart has the option "Show data table" on. When both files are open, the data in the data table is formatted correctly with commas and the correct number of decimal places (ie 1,250.2). However, when I close the source data (or just open the chart file alone) the data table has the values without commas or decimals (ie 1250.222222) How do I get the data table of the chart file to retain the formatting without having to open the source?? I am ...

Align Line Charts By Milestone Dates?
I'm a chart neophyte. I have a worksheet with multiple line charts, each line depicting total hours per month per project. I would like to align the lines to a common milestone, like "start of detailed design". Each project of course has a different date for this milestone. Other than knowing that somewhere I'll have to specify the dates of the milestone for each project, I have no idea of what to do. Any help/insight will be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Each data series has a column of dates and a column of percent complete values. I'll use columns A and B in...

Don't chart X-axis without values.
On a line chart I am plotting two individual columns and then SUM(ming) these two for a total. Future dates of the individual columns have no data BUT the formula for SUM(ming) the two results in zero (0) which is plotted on my chart. I've tried a number of approches to the formula, blank (""), and Null (which results in a string and causes an error. How can I leave my formula in the future dates and not effect my chart. Obviously, with moving from 300k to zero in one week is scary. Thanks, Hank Hank - Excel can't return a NULL or BLANK from a function (not t...

Auto-complete an entry in drop-down list
In Excel 2003, I need to be able to auto-complete an entry in a drop-down list. I have set up a drop-down list that includes over 1000 entries. I would like to be able to type the first letter or two and get a list of available options from the list that includes those first few letters. If you created the dropdown list through Data Validation, it doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http...

Urgent
http://www.scribd.com/doc/30492594/If-Not-Busy-You-Could-Prevent-the-FINAL-= WAR-Today This is not a Drill =85 PRIORITY ONE ...

How do I auto-expanding SourceData range for charts
How do I auto-expand the SourceData range for charts when I add a new row to my data table. I have 49 charts that take 49 data tables. I'd like to be able to just add a new row to each table and have the charts automatically expand their SourceData ranges. Thanks. Vince - You can have your chart autoexpand when data are added. This is done for each series, not for the source data all at once, using dynamic defined names as the chart series data, as described in a couple examples and a lot of links on my web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html...

Adding an Active X control to a cell
I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it fits over the top of the cell seems to be a rather inaccurate method of doing it. Hold down alt while you place it in the cell and it will fit the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rick" <rstenson@qualnetics.com> wrote in message news:317AA5B4-7970-45B2-8497-556670E48018@microsoft.com... > I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it f...

how do you make a line of a chart change color halfway through?
How could you change the color of a line in a line chart so that at some point on the graph the line changes color? Say like the line chart shows data over the months of a year but at month July, the line on the chart changes from blue to green and is green the rest of the months. I am asking about 1 line being two colors. Hi, You could format each segment of the line. Select the series and then use the Right cursor to move through the segments. Note if you only have 1 series changing a section of the series will cause the legend to report each segment. The other way is to use multip...

Axis Numbering Question
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7. Let's say I have a chart with vertical axis tick marks every 10 units. However, my grid lines are every 20 Units, and the number for the units appears next to the grid lines. So, again, my numbers read 0, 20, 40, 60, etc, with grid lines at these numbers. For the tick marks at 10, 30, 50, etc., any way to also get actual numbers to appear next to them (without changing the grid line spacing) ? Thanks, Bob In your example: the major unit are 20 (0, 20, 40, 60,) while the minor unit is 10 It is possible to have both major...

URGENT!!
I created a form in Outlook using the Tools/Forms/Design a form, and I saved some and published others and now I am receiving all my FacSys faxes in that form instead of my regular message form!? I'm not sure how this happened but PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! How do I revert back to the default on the format for receiving my faxes??? HELP!! :) thank you! Shanda <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a form in Outlook using the Tools/Forms/Design a > form, and I saved some and published others and now I am > receiving all my FacSys faxes in that form instead ...

how do I get the axis titles to display properly in ms graph 03?
In excel 2003 and Powerpoint 2003 when I create an xy scatter graph and make titles on the y axis, the ends of the titles alway get cut off. Even if I shorten the title, the end still gets cut off. Has anyone seen/solved this problem? This is a know bug. It appears to be related to graphics cards in that some users have the problem while others do not. Workaround: add a few periods (dots) to the end of the title, then format them the same colour as the background to make them invisible. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Sharkey&...

Need to create a pie chart
I need to create a pie chart, and I am running into some problems. I has been a long time since I have last done this, and was hoping tha someone could help me. I have a column named COMPLETED. I this column it either has a Y or N. I need to have a Pie chart so that it shows the % of Completed Y and of Completed N. I am having some problems coming up with how to set this up. I hav tried the Chart Wizard, however I am just too confussed. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If your data are in A2:A100 (with A1 as a header), then in some empty rang...

Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change
May I please ask you to help me? When I copy an Excel chart and paste it into a Word document, all font sizes change. On the original, the font of the labels on the y-axis is larger than that for the x-axis, and yet once I paste the chart into Word, the font of the labels on the x-axis is much larger than the font of the labels on the y-axis. I have objects in the title of my chart [Brownstone equation - "alpha squared"]. In the orginal [excel chart] these objects are of the same size as the letters in the chart title. However, once I paste the chart into Word, these o...

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...

Overlay charts in excel
I've figured out how to overlay charts, but can't figure out how to make my colored charts transparent so that the data from both charts can be read (like when using an overhead projector and transparencies). I also download some macro from another question posted on here, thinking it would help, but it didn't. Hi, Try setting the chart and plot areas to having no fill. This can be found on the patterns tab of the format dialog. Cheers Andy Amanda wrote: > I've figured out how to overlay charts, but can't figure out how to make my > colored charts transparen...

will office 2004 and/or v.X run under Snow Leopard w/ Rosetta?

Automatically numbering lines and columns in a chart using Excel
I have a question.......I know it can be done, but I was wanting to know if say, you have a grid chart made. How do you go about automatically numbering the lines and columns? ...

Embed Picture of Chart
Can anyone help me? I have a workbook with a number of worksheets with contain data and a chart based on some of the data. I want to be able make a create a worksheet that contains only a linked picture of the charts on the separate workbooks. The only way I've been able to this up to now is by copying the chart to the clipboard, pasting it in powerpoint as a linked picture and then moving that picture back to excel. Is there a simpler way of doing this? Any help is much appreciated! Bert ...

How do I change column into lines on a Line-Column chart?
I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any help would be useful. Thanks Hi Ken, Create a column chart based on all your data. Select the series that you want as line and right click it. Choose Chart Type and change it to Line. Now double click the new line so you can change the Axis value to secondary. Cheers Andy Ken wrote: > I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any > help would be useful. > > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Help! Auto formatting problems
I've created a file in Excel. My database is in Access. Whenever I change data in my worksheet, in Excel, it changes the column width of my A column. Do I need to deselect something? Why does this automatically change? Please help! I'm not sure how Access fits into this, but I've seen xl "help" with numeric entries--it'll expand the columnwidth to make sure you can see the digits. If you don't like this, one way to tell excel to stop it is to manually adjust the columnwidth. Excel won't "help" again until you autofit that column width. If...

EFT using ACH and auto settle
Our client is using EFT for receivables and payables and is setting up banking information for an ACH bank. The bank requires a summary record within the file traditionally setup as an "auto settle indicator". How is this record achieved? Surely someone has run into this before. The bank requires an auto settle line in the ACH file coming from EFT Payables or they will no accept the file. Essentially this is a summary line. There is a setting in payroll for the line but I have yet to find a similar setting in EFT-Payables. I sent an ACH payable test file to the bank and t...

Charts different data sources
Hi, My problem. I have a workbook with more than 50 worksheets. All the worksheet have the same structure and each I would like to embed 3 different chart, one for income, other for cost and another for Ebitda. I would like to make a template for each chart and copy for the others worksheet. Questions: 1 - How can I make this dynamic as I would like to choose hom many months I would like to show in each chart? 2 - How I keep the reference for the data source in each worksheet? I tried to use the functions offset, 3d range and others functions but I could�t make them work. Can somebo...

Income / expense / net comparison over 4 years in one chart
How do I create a chart that compares the Income, Expense and Net Income across multiple years (4-5 years)? By "Income" do you really mean net revenue? Due to the potential changes in magnitude of gross revenue, net revenue, total expense, and net operating income, I would suggest creating three seperate graphs. The first graph would show net revenue, the second total expense, and the last net operating income. This approach would be much simpler for you to create as well as for the viewer to understand than trying to combine all three components. I would use a simple ba...