Upper Control Limits

I have a line chart that shows 12 months of data and a trend line.  I
computed the Upper & Lower Control Limits using the Standard Deviation.  Is
there a way to put these lines on my charts so that when my boss looks at it
she can tell if one or more of the points are out of control?

Thanks In Advance
Wm.
0
williamr (2)

William:

This link will show you how to build a control chart in Excel.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm

....Kelly

koday@processtrends.com

"williamr" <williamr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a line chart that shows 12 months of data and a trend line.  I
> computed the Upper & Lower Control Limits using the Standard Deviation.
> Is
> there a way to put these lines on my charts so that when my boss looks at
> it
> she can tell if one or more of the points are out of control?
>
> Thanks In Advance
> Wm.

0
dkod (205)
6/21/2006 1:02:31 AM
Thank You Very Much!!
Wm.

"Kelly O'Day" wrote:

> William:
>
> This link will show you how to build a control chart in Excel.
>
> http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm
>
> ....Kelly
>
> koday@processtrends.com
>

> "williamr" <williamr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a line chart that shows 12 months of data and a trend line.  I
> > computed the Upper & Lower Control Limits using the Standard Deviation.
> > Is
> > there a way to put these lines on my charts so that when my boss looks at
> > it
> > she can tell if one or more of the points are out of control?
> >
> > Thanks In Advance
> > Wm.

0
williamr (2)

message is larger than the current system limit
I am new to Exchage Server administration. I have Exchange 6.5 SP2. I can't get an email out with a 12M attachment. We have to send such a large file about once a year. I have read, and, I believe, followed the instructions of Article 322679. My user account send limit is: 200000 (KB). Golbal Message Delivery Property is "No Limit." I set Default Virtual Server Send Max to 200000, Session Max 300000. Set Connector to send Max 200000. I ran gpupdate /force on server and client. After that, I turned off cached mode on the client; restarted Outlook 2003; Turned Cached Mode b...

WebBrowser Control Displayed Font Size.
In Windows Explorer 7 a menu option is available to change the displayed font size. "View" > "Text Size". Several options are available; "Largest", "Larger", "Medium" etc. Is the functionality available to programmatically adjust the displayed font size in the WebBrowser control? The container for the control is in a Windows form. ...

MSChart control
suppose i created an application with a mschart control, done all the job of drawing and all that, is it possiable in any way to translate the info of the mschart cotnrol to a spreadshit info that excel could import? I succeed in converting the onto from my listctrl to a file excel could read but what can i do with the chart? I thought about not using the mschart control and create my own charting code using the knowen methods in mfc for drawing lines and etc. but again how can i convert to information to an excel shape? ...

Microsoft Form 2.0 Controls in VC causing error
My application developed using VC++6.0 in W2K running well in my development PC (with Visual Studio 6.0 installed). When I run the same application in a client PC without VS installed, I get this error: An unsupported operation was attempted. At last I found out it is caused by the 'Microsoft Form 2.0 commandbutton' and 'Microsoft Form 2.0 Label'. After I removed these controls the application run fine. I have registered the file FM20.dll using Regsvr32 and it show succeeded. May someone help how can I make those controls run well in my client PC? Thanks. ...

Please Help!Tree control:GetSelectedItem()
I am using VC++.NET IN WIN 2000 In the project I am using tree contro When I make right click on the item in the GetSelectedItem() func it doesn't read the correct data from the selected item it reads the data from the previous selected item This problem doesn't matched if I make first left click on the item and after that right click,in this scenario it reads the correct item. Why the GetSelectedItem() doesn't return the correct item data void test::OnNMRclickTree1(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult HTREEITEM hmyItem,hti; OnTvnSelchangedTree1(pNMHDR, pResult) ... void test::On...

Very weird tab control behaviour !?!
I have a form with a tab control. All looks great in design view but in form view the tab and caption part of the control moves up and overlays the controls above. I tried increasing the height of the form and moving the tab control way down but in form view the tabs and captions still float way up and overlay the control above. I've been stuck on this for hours and am completely stuck. No idea how to fix this. I tried removing the tab control completely then pasting it back - same result. Another strange clue, when I increase the TOP property on the tab control, it never changes in...

Resizing controls
I am working with Access 2007. When I try to resize one of the controls, all of the controls resize to the size of the one that I am working with. How can I separate the controls so that I can resize them individually? I never encountered this problem with Access 2003. There is a setting that you need to change, to change it from "tabbed form" to "overlapping." See my "quick tutorial" on my website here: http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/A2K7Howtochangefromtabbedforms/tabid/81/Default.aspx -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderat...

AxtiveX ctrl subclassing custom control
Hi! There are plenty of examples where ActiveX ctrls are subclassed from Windows controls such as BUTTON, EDIT, etc. I've got custom control based on CRichEditCtrl, and I'd like to build ActiveX ctrl subclassed from it. I'm not quite sure how this should be done. In all examples I found the approach is like this - BOOL CActiveXWrapperCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("EDIT"); return COleControl::PreCreateWindow(cs); } well, my custom control does not have registered name, so what should i do? many thanks kdv09 ...

Referancing a subforms control
i have a value i would like to assign to a subforms control but i am having no luck in doing so. the main form is called "Site_info_frm" the subform is called "FAsub_info_frm" and the control is called "File_path" could someone show me how to put them together to insert the value. Thanks Forms!Site_info_frm!FAsub_info_frm.Form!File_path Note, though, that depending on how you added FAsub_info_frm as a subform on Site_info_frm, it's possible that the subform control on Site_info_frm might be named something other than FAsub_info_frm. If the subform cont...

Hyperlink control
Is it possible to have a control hyperlink to open a specific worksheet in an excell file. I tried adding #'wksName' to the hyperlink properties but that gave me an invalid reference error opening excel. ...

::: Outlook 2003 - TaskPad
Hello, Could anyone tell me if the TaskPad has a limited amount of task that can be enter? If no perfect! If yes what is the limit (in number of tasks)? In other words can I enter as many tasks as I wont or not? Many thanks for your help! Have a good day, Jacques infojacques@gmail.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote: > Could anyone tell me if the TaskPad has a limited amount of task that > can be enter? > If no perfect! > If yes what is the limit (in number of tasks)? > In other words can I enter as many tasks as I wont or not? The Tasks folder itself, depending on you...

How can I limit the number of emails sent in a given time?
I work at a small business and I need to send an email to a list of several hundred custoers on a regular basis. However, my ISP limits the number of emails sent out to 20 per every five minutes. Is there a way to configure Outlook 2003 to send them in bursts or anything? I plan on using the mail merge through Word 2003, if that makes a difference. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Mail Merge will send individual messages, but may exceet the 20 per five minute period. I would contact the ISP and you could possibly convert to a "business" account, probabl...

controlling fields on a form
I am using Word 2003 to make a form and put in some fields. There are a couple of things I am unable to do, however. When data is input into the field by the user, text below the field is pushed down. How do I control the field so it does not affect surrounding text? I would like to set the field at a maximum length (I can do this) and not have the other text on the form get moved. Finally, the fields I insert are of a fixed length, about 1 inch. I double click on the field and can set the maximum length, but the default size of the field remains at about 1 inch. Can I g...

XmlValidation Errors int TreeView Control
I show some Xml file in Windows TreeView control. Wenn I validate Xml with some Xml-Schema, I have to show errors node with red color. How can I find an element name, which causes an Exception of XmlValidatingReader? In XmlValidatingReader, you can not determine the element/attribute name which caused the error but you can find out the line number and position where the error occured. This information is available on the XmlSchemaException, if you have hooked up a validation event handler. Zafar "nataly" <nataly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E9753AE-4...

Shift+Insert does not paste into edit control on CFormView derived view
Hi, I have an edit control on a form view. The problem is that pasting of clipboard content does not seem to work with Shift+Insert key combo. There is no problem with pasting when using context menu. If I test the underlying dialog from IDE resource editor then Shift+Insert works fine. The Shift+Insert combo also works fine with other dialogs in the app. This problem can be easily illustrated by creating a simple SDI app with a form view and then dropping an edit control onto the form. Is this an expected behaviour? Thanks, Bogdan "Bogdan" <bogdan@domain.com> wr...

microsoft date and time picker control #3
Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? You should be able to set the PrintObject Property option to False in the Properties Window for the object. PC "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576CACE2-BB4A-450A-A894-464E4095DCA3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? Thank you for the suggestion, but I want the date to be visible when printing, not the button. This works in InfoPath and other non Microsoft applications, please advise if yo...

Function to control how data displayed
I have 2 columns that I exported from Access to Excel. In Access th columns were Yes or No. In excel they display as True or False. I wan them to show as Yes or No what is the function to make this happen? Thank you! -- LOgle531 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LOgle5318's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39860 LOgle5318, Assuming your True and False are in columns A & B then In C1 put =IF(A1="True","Yes") and...

Limiting combo box selection
I have Table 1 that list active projects, table 2 that list biweekly reporting information for each record in Table 1 and Table 3 that list the submission dates for each project (which I am using as a combo box selection in my form (table 2) that fills in the DateID field). So in the beginning of the year the combo box may have 12 dates, as the project manager submits the biweekly reporting I want to eliminate that date as a selection in the combo box. Right now the row source for the dateID field is SELECT DISTINCT [DateID], [DateReport] FROM tblDateSubmitted ORDER BY [DateReport] DE...

using ebabled and locked on controls
Hello there I have master form and subform which is continues form. On each subform there are two buttons that appear on each record. According to the data on the form and acccording the entering data to the form the buttons should be enabeld or not. Is there a way to do that for each record? Roy Goldhammer wrote: >I have master form and subform which is continues form. > >On each subform there are two buttons that appear on each record. >According to the data on the form and acccording the entering data to the >form the buttons should be enabeld or not. > >Is the...

Controlling text fields in access 2002
I'm having some problems making my data input form nicely usable. First of all I'd like the text field to grow bigger when written on it, instead of scrolling as it does now. Is it possible to make the active field grow on top the others and then go back to it's defined size when another field is activated? I have a lot of fields in my form and I can't enlarge them anymore. And the fields might contain a lot of text or none at all. Another thing is that when printed, the totally empty fields could be left out completely. Now all I can do is minimize them and pri...

Problem in List control
Hi All, I am having few difficulties in handling list ctrl which are as follows 1. Our requirement is to display images as thumbnail view with the text underneath the image. We are using CListCtrl with ICON option and using imgaelist for display of images. Images could be of any number. Problem : A border should be drawn around the item if its selected. Size of the border should be same of size. We are using GetItemRect() to get the rect and drawing the border. But the border is not coming as size. Rect size varies depends on the Text length. Is there any way t...

Child controls not being invalidated
Folks, I have an MFC problem that I have struggled with for a while where a control in a child dialog is not always invalidated/redrawn correctly. Please help! I have a series of classes as follows (parent/children): CFrameWnd-derived (ultimate parent) -> (a) modeless CDialog-derived class (with CTabCtrl) -> (b) modeless CDialog-derived class (tab page) -> CStatic-derived class Class (a) hosts a tab control and shows/hides a number of different (b) modeless dialogs depending on the tab selected. These classes are members of (a) and are constructed as children in (a)'s cons...

Dynamically creating controls
I was wondering how I can dynamically create a given control in my MFC app. I am using Visual C++ .NET 2003 and I would like the control created to be put into some sort of a resizable array such as a vector. I have looked around the internet and I have yet to see any articles regarding this topic. Does anybody have any ideas as far as how to dynamically create controls in MFC? Sincerely, James Simpson It really depends on the control as to the where it is handled. I had to use OnNotify() to interpet tab Clicks. This example just shows how to dynamically add a scroll bar to a view. ...

owner-draw list control
hi there i have a couple of questions regarding owner-draw list controls (CListCtrl-derived) first of all, this is what i want to do - i want to display graphic images to a user using a list control in LARGE ICON mode, showing images which have been loaded off disk (stored as JPG) i have the library to read the image files (CxImage - very good!) - but now i want to leverage the functionality of a list control to show the user these images i also want the user to be able to change the viewing size of the images i'm thinking i have two options: option 1: owner-draw list control, and ...

attaching a macro to a control button in the Quick Access Toolbar
Excel 12, WXP I have a macro that I used a lot in Excel 11 and I would like to use it in Excel 12. I have put a button (form control) on the Quick Access Toolbar and I want to attach the macro to it. Help says to right click on the control and choose "assign macro" but when I right click on the control I don't get that choice. Can't find any help for this question in VB editor either. It describes how to put a command button on the worksheet itself, but no way to assign a macro that is in the Quick Access Toolbar. Any suggestions? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/ima...