Updating Chart Titles from Spreadsheet Cells

I'm using Excel 2002 and I want to be able to have the titles in my
charts update based on entries in the associated spreadsheet.  On a
monthly basis I import data into a spreadsheet template that has a
chart associated with it.  It would be nice if the title block on the
chart would update based on a cell in the spreadsheet.

---

Hi

have a look at
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/index.
html

HTH
Frank

> I'm using Excel 2002 and I want to be able to have the titles in my
> charts update based on entries in the associated spreadsheet.  On a
> monthly basis I import data into a spreadsheet template that has a
> chart associated with it.  It would be nice if the title block on the
> chart would update based on a cell in the spreadsheet.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
1/21/2004 4:37:34 PM
Hi karloff,

You can link the charttitle to a cell.

Select the charttitle and then in the formula bar type = and then click
the cell.

karloff < wrote:
> I'm using Excel 2002 and I want to be able to have the titles in my
> charts update based on entries in the associated spreadsheet.  On a
> monthly basis I import data into a spreadsheet template that has a
> chart associated with it.  It would be nice if the title block on the
> chart would update based on a cell in the spreadsheet.
>

> ---

Cheers
Andy

http://www.andypope.info

0
andy9699 (3616)
1/21/2004 4:52:14 PM

right click the title on the chart then in the "formula
bar" enter =(your cell ref) eg =AE53.

Mike G

0
anonymous (74722)
2/5/2004 3:37:24 PM
You need to enter the sheet ref before the cell ref:

=Sheet1!AE53

or type = and click on the cell with the mouse.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

MikeG wrote:
> [...]

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

ENU vs ENG server and client updates
When I go to obtain client and server updates for CRM 1.2, the downloads always list an update that ends with ....Client-ENU.exe, ...Client-ENG.exe (OR) ....Server-ENU.exe, ...Server-ENG.exe Is the difference between ENU and ENG for language where ENG signifies English (or) is ENG for Windows 2000 Server while ENU is for Windows 2003 Server? Can someone shed light on this? I wish Microsoft would give a small note by the download files what they stand for. Thanks in advance. Chad ENU=English for USA ENG=English for UK/Canada, etc. "Chad Sriram" <csriram@leafpartner.co...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

updating prices manually
Hello, Just upgraded to Money 2006 from Money 2003. I am tracking several investments for which prices cannot be updated online. In 2003, it was possible to enter the daily price manually by right-clicking on the investment name and entering the price for a specific date. I can't find this function in 2006. Does anybody know where it is, or if it still exists? Thanks. I should add that after right-clicking on the investment name, in 2003 I used to click on "Update Price", after which I could enter the price and date. "paula" wrote: > Hello, > > J...

WMP 11 error C00D1163 (after update KB971513)
Windows Media Player 11 will not play DVDs. I always get error C00D1163 "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card." DVDs I have owned for years are now impossible to play (so are rentals). I am having the same problem as others in this forum, although my system configuration is different -- which indicates this is a widespread problem. It is an interesting coincidence that my problem started immediately ...

How to see calculation and heading in same cell.
I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in the same cell. Perhaps you mean something like ="Heading Name: "&A1+B1 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jeracho" <Jeracho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F34BACB9-E2DA-448A-924D-46A475F98F91@microsoft.com... > I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as > will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in...

Updateing data when closing forms
I am using MS Access 2000 I have a table that has several required fields. I developed a form to add records to the table. In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button constructed with the button wizard. When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I want) When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and without adding the record. How do I give the button on the f...

Coping part of a cell content into a seperate cell
Hi I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with surname. I want to combine the first name and surname into a separate cell, can you advise how I can just copy the first name and miss out the middle name please?? Thanks Caz Hi, I assume that the midle name is separated by a space from the first name and is in column A and the last name in column B =TRIM(LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",a2)-1))&" "&B2 "Caz H" wrote: > Hi > I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with &g...

emailing spreadsheet within excel
I have a user that has sent her spreadsheet as an attachment using the Send To Function. We use Outlook. Now, it seems as if the Send To option has lost its settings and is now trying to set up an Internet account instead of using the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Anyone know how to reset the Send To settings in Excel? Thanks! ...

Grayed out Close button on Title bar
Help, The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. TIA, Elena Do you use Groupwise? "Elena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13fe01c48c38$31b26a90$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this : problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. : Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. : : TIA, : Elena just to add to lady layla's response: xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise ...

Adding a formula to the same cell (H5) on every tab
I have an inventory spreadsheet with 125 tabs. The tabs are numbered 1 through 125. The are identical except for the data below the column headings. If I wanted to put a formula in H5 on every tab, can it be done other than manually opening every tab and typing it? One additional question: If I add a Summary Tab, how could I show the value of a specific cell on each tab without manually entering it? I show the formula I'm using bring B3 to the summary for every tab: A B 1 Unit Value 2 1 ='1'!B3 3 2 ='2'!B3 4 3 ='3'!B3 5 4 ='4'!B3 6 5 ='5'!B3 7...

Sharing chart on two pages
Hello, I have a worksheet where I put some datas and then under this datas is a chart. Place taken by this data isn't static - once there is more datas and the other time there is more datas. I have problem with this chart, because sometimes chart is shared between two pages on printing. Is there a possibility to use something like property "keep together" in crystal reports where object is printed whole on one page (if there is no enough place it's started pritnting on next page)? Maybe somebody knows how to do it in macro if there is no appropriote property -- Bes...

Spreadsheet Query
One of my clients has devised a list of items in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Against each item (in a different cell) is an amount in �, which represtents the items value. My client wants to be able to use this spreadsheet, so that he can select all items under �6,000 for example. Is this possible in Excel, or should he be using a database ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Michael. Hi Michael click in the list, choose data / filter / autofilter from the drop down list on the value column choose custom set the first box to less than and type 6000 in the second - click OK - to...

sumproduct--counting--zero--blank cells
I'm using these formula to count, =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=0)*($W$9:$W$272<10)) =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=10)*($W$9:$W$272<20)) ........etc how do i get it so bank cells are excluded from the count. The way it is now, they are counted in the 0 to 10 range... Thanks Jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com COUNTBLANK(range) "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I'm using these formula to count, > > =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=0)*($W$9:$W$272<10)) > =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=10)*($W$9:$W$272<20)) > ........etc > how do...

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

stationary column on a spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that i want to make the first column not move when i scroll to the right. And one teach a dummy. Select cell B1 Choose Window > Freeze Panes wc4ew wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that i want to make the first column not move when i > scroll to the right. And one teach a dummy. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

2 Axis Pivot Chart
Is it possible to create a 2 axis (a combination of line & bar) chart from a pivot table? Sure is, did you try? Right click a series that you want on the secondary axis, choose Format Series, and on the Axis tab (Excel 2003 and earlier) or the Series Options tab (2007) select the Secondary Axis option. To change the chart type, right click on the series, choose (Change) Chart Type, and select the type you want. Of course, the pivot chart is likely to lose this formatting when it is refreshed, Which even Microsoft admits is a problem. They suggest recording a macro next time you f...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...

update prices online
I'm using Money 2003 with Windows 98. Everything was fine until I downloaded Money updates in April 2004. I lost my capability to update quote prices online (the "update prices online" option in portfolio was gone) and only gives me the "update prices manually". Does anyone know what caused this? How can I get the "update prices online" option back? Thanks for any support you could give. If you have Money 2003 standard and installed it in April 2003, then it is possible that the update prices online feature has expired. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft...

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

Shading cells not working
When I try to shade cells they remain white, but if I go to print preview the color shows. Why won't the cells change color in normal view? If the fill colours aren't appearing, the high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Jenny wrote: > When I try to shade cells they remain white, but if I go > to print preview the color shows. Why won't the cells > change color in normal view? -- Debra Dalgleish...

Counting the number cells between two dates
Hi guys, Hope someone can help with this, I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a simple one. Column A:A contains a list dates, I want to use a formula to count the number of cells which contain a date between 01/01/05 - 31/01/05. Any ideas, Many thanks, Dave Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000>=--"1/1/05")*(A1:A1000<=-- "1/31/05")) BTW - I'm using American date formats in mine. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi guys, > >Hope someone can help with this, I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a simple one. > >Column A:A con...

Money 2004 Price Updates
I have a new PC which had the standard Money. Upgraded online to Deluxe. When doing an internet price update receive error message "Money was unable to connect to the online quotes server. Check your internet connection and try the operation again." I am using Road Runner, normal connection works fine, can launch to a web site from within Money. I'm at a loss. Any help? In microsoft.public.money, Jim Yearout wrote: >I have a new PC which had the standard Money. Upgraded >online to Deluxe. When doing an internet price update >receive error message "Mo...

How do I limit the number of characters in a cell?
When try to limit the number of characters allowed in cell by going through the data/validation menu, it still allows more than the number of characters than I specified. I don't get it :( ...