Uniquely Identify Data for Charting with a List Box #2

Gang,

The Internet is a great thing.  I found a charting example that does nearly
every thing I want to do.  Amazingly enough, I was able to figure out how the
thing works!  The chart is fairly simple.  It is a X*Y line chart with 2
series.  I found the chart here:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - The
chart is called "ChartAgainstStandard.zip."

One of the 2 series plotted is a "standard" and the other changes based on
the selection made in the drop down list.  Amazingly enough, I was able to
follow the thing completely and I would like to model one after that.  Mine,
however, will be a little different (aren't they always).  Whom ever created
the chart, had each of the 4 series on separate sheets (names of sheets
corresponded to the names in the drop down list).  That unique name was used
in the cell reference to point to the correct sheet for charting.  This was
the formula used
:INDIRECT("'"&INDEX($O$3:$O$6,$O$1)&"'!"&ADDRESS(ROW(B1),COLUMN(B1))).
Unfortunately, my data is not set up in separate sheets and I'm at a loss as
to how to uniquely identify the correct data for plotting.  My only thought
was to use named ranges.

Here's a chunk of data.  All the data is in a single worksheet, in fact, it
is inside a pivot table.  Mind you, it doesn't have to be.  I can pull it
from two worksheets if need be.  I put it all into a single table because I
thought it would make it easier to plot (certainly to look at).  Anyhow, the
data that I want to plot came from two pivot tables.

CountyName ModelSource 1981  1982  1983 ...    2006
Adams          ASM             220    300    400         5,500
Adams          DLW             140    200    275         4,400
Allen             ASM             220    300    400         5,500
Allen             DLW             140    200    275         4,400
Ashalnd         ASM             220    300    400         5,500
Ashland         DLW             140    200    275         4,400
..
..
..
Wyandot        ASM             220    300    400         5,500
Wyandot        DLW             140    200    275         4,400

As you might imagine, year will be the x-axis and the population estimates
will be my y-axis.  There will be 2 series - ASM and DLW, population
estimates derived from different models.  If anyone can help me with some
ideas or examples on how I might "point" to the correct data for plotting, I
would really appreciate it.

Regards,

Mike
0
Takeadoe (4)

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Takeadoe <Takeadoe@discussions.microsoft.com> said:

>Gang,
>
>The Internet is a great thing.  I found a charting example that does nearly
>every thing I want to do.

>http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html

>Whom ever created the chart, had each of the 4 series on separate
>sheets (names of sheets corresponded to the names in the drop down
>list).

It's Jon Peltier, who contributes to this newsgroup regularly.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

More Columns #2

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Goal Seek #2

Pulling data from separate tabs

data sort

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

predict future data

Help with importing data

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Formula for cross tab data filling

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

inbox problems #2
My inbox says I have 3 new messages. I don't.. Its lying. So how do I correct this.. Its not a major problem but distracting. Computers are supposed to be always right.... As a sidelight to this. I deleted the Unread messages, thingy in the favorite folder place. I thought I would bring that back and see if there were some messages that were bad. I read the help file and it says to just click on any file you want to add to the favorite folder. But its gone.. totally and completely there is no Unread Message line to click on.. What's a person to do? See my reply to your late...

Contact oddity and why are there 2 Contact Lists?
Running Win 7, and was receiving emails in WLM with my maiden name listed in the TO:. I found out that I had my maiden name listed in Contacts (I run a high school mailing list here) so I decided to check it out and changed the last name to all caps. Sure enuf the next email I rec'd showed that name. I then deleted the email address connected to my name in the contact list and everything is back to "normal" (whatever that is <G>) Why in the world are there 2 contact lists on my computer......one thru WLM and one thru Windows Contacts? I'm confused. ...

GPS 8 service pack 2 and add new company
After installing service pack 2 for GP 8, I am not able to add or log on to the new company. Error during upgrade is “Entries haven't made to all required fields. Would you like to show the required fields on all windows in greatplains” When I try to log on to GP getting another error “file for this company have not been updated” Please help Rajesh ...

anyone else having problems with the 12.1.9 "autoupdate"? #2
Hi all... The 11.5.5 autoupdate worked fine. The 12.1.9 autoupdate downloads (apparently), but then it goes right back to showing that the 12.1.9 update is available -- the updater itself never actually launches. Busy servers, maybe -- and the download isn't ever actually completing? Or bad updater on the update server for 12.1.9? The manual download from Mactopia of 12.1.9 installed properly -- this is just the auto-update that's not working now. - Steve You're right, the auto-update fail. It should be pulled or a message sent instructing to update by downloading directly...