Two axis

Positioning the Vertical axes:
I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced
the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart
area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart.
I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure)
and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data
plotted with two different scales allright).
Where is the info to control these functionalities?
Tx,
Pierre

0
pl.carry (26)

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote=
:

> Positioning the Vertical axes:
> I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation =

> produced
> the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the ch=
art
> area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart.
> I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structu=
re)
> and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (d=
ata
> plotted with two different scales allright).
> Where is the info to control these functionalities?

If you select the chart and go to Chart | Chart options | Titles tab, yo=
u =

should see options for titling the secondary x and y axes.  If those =

options are grayed out, you were not successful in your attempt to creat=
e =

the secondary axes.

Assuming your secondary axes both exist, go to the Axes tab in that same=
 =

dialog box.  Put a check in the secondary x axis box.  Hit OK.  Now sele=
ct =

the secondary x axis, click Format | Selected axis | Scale tab.  Check t=
he =

Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum (value or category) box.  Again hit OK=
..  =

Finally, select the primary x axis and do the same procedure except that=
 =

you should make sure that the checkbox is clear.  Now your primary y-axi=
s =

should be left and secondary y-axis should be right.  You can get rid of=
 =

the secondary x-axis now if you wish (uncheck the secondary x axis box).=

-- =

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu
0
dvt_spam (111)

Two CRM-configurations available for one users
Hi, I will soon start a daughter company with a different set of customers. For these customers I want to have the account/contact view differently configured. However I want to be able to access both databases from my computer. Is there a way to configure this? I have crm 3.0. Regards, Mattias The current version of CRM won't support multiple "forms" for each entity. So, if you are using the same CRM instance, then there is only 1 form allowed. You could use JScript to hide/show fields, sections, or Tabs on the form which might help you. The other option would be t...

Invalid detail on axis
Hi guys, Need some help with this please. I have a chart that sources its data from another worksheet. The dates on the bottom axis need to run from 08/08/09 to 27/03/10. Currently they run fine up until the 13/03/10 when just a number is returned rather than the date. On the source document, the axis is pulling from cells in a row that goes from 08/08/09 up until 27/02/10 - then from 06/03/10 onwards, the cells are in a different row. I am splitting the dates on the chart into fortnightly (30/01/10, 13/02/10, 27/02/10 . . . ) and it just isnt pulling the dates from the second ...

Problem with Second value Y Axis
HI, I create chart using VBA. I use chart type is XlLine. but it want show the second value of Y axis. My requirement is show data and Axis Title. My code is Set objChart = objWorkSheet.ChartObjects.Add(50, 20, 500, 300).Chart With objChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries .Name = "Reduction Goal" .Values = objWorkSheet.Range("F2:F10") .XValues = objWorkSheet.Range("B2:B10") End With With objChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries .Name = " " .Values = objWorkSheet.Range("E2:E10") ...

tracking inventory on two dbs
I have a web biz and a brick and morter biz. I also have rms running two seperate dbs (1 for each biz). I want to track the inventory on only one DB but be able to sell inventry on both databases. How do we do that? Any seamless way to do that? Thanks Brent HI Brent, seems sort of harder solution, but let me explain you how any system knows that where this particular item belongs to , if you have already criteria develop then you can handle this in your web application may be you can create a field called "flag" which describe the DB server ID, and send data back and f...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: two new articles on prices and promotions
Time is running out to take advantage of Microsoft deals (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/time_is_running_out_to_take_advantag e_of_microsoft_deals.html> Microsoft has offered two deals that will enable US and Canadian users to get a free copy of Office for Mac 2008 for the cost of shipping and handling ($6.99 US/ $10.00 CDN), plus applicable taxes. The Super Suite deal ends January 14, 2007 so time is running out on this deal that will qualify you for Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition that's practically free. The Technology Guaran...

Pivot based chart and adding secondary axis
Hi I would love to have a pivot based chart and superimpose another set of 'regular' series on a secondary axis. Is there a trick to get around doing this retaining the 'pivot' features? MTIA You can't add data from outside the parent pivot table to a pivot chart. It is possible to add pivot data to a regular chart, if you use the Source Data dialog, Series tab to add the data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "DKS" <DKS@discussions.microsoft...

two scales on Y-axis
Hi there, qucik question, maybe someone can answer or direct me to a link whic would clarify. I am trying to chart something in excel that would giv me two different scales on the Y-axis. one is a (parts per million ppm) concentration over distance (x-axis) and the other is the log of the ppm over distance--so the distanc stays the same, but i want to see these two scales (the log of the pp is anywhere from 1-4) and the actual ppm concentration i want to char ranges from 300 to 2000. (follow?) sorry if thats more complicated than needed. Thanks for any help, Mat -- traumaparia ------...

Merging two businesses and domains
Hi Guys, I have a business that is merging with another business. Eventually everyone is going to be on a new domain, but for the time being I have to do something to bridge the gap. Both customers are running Windows 2003 with Exchange servers. They are buying a new domain for email, and I was going to link both domains using a trust over a vpn. I've never done this with two exchanges in an organization before. Questions 1) Can two different exchanges co exist in the domain together? 2) Can all the users share email address across the two domains? IE: Customer A has...

How do I plot an XY (scatter) graph with two Y axes?
I need to put two sets of data on one graph, with separate linear Y axes and plotted on a common linear x axis. The 2 axes option is for a line chart, which gives discrete data points on the x axis, not a linear number scale like you get using XY (scatter). I'm using Excel 2000. Many thanks in advance. Peter Make the XY chart with the two data series Right click on one data series in the chart; on popup menu use Format Data Series Open Axis tab and check the Secondary Axis box best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "PeterAtLu...

How to print CD/DVD labels on standard two-per-sheet paper?
Every time I download templates to print CD/DVD labels, I see only one label on a small sheet of paper. When I go to the office supply store, I only have the option of buying paper with the standard two-label design. How do I create and edit CD labels where I can work with both onscreen and then print both at once (different top from bottom) in such a way that everything is aligned with the cutout sticker labels on the page? Anytime you need to edit both halves of your label you need to setup the page manually. Most CD/DVD templates will print two to a page. Select the label you want...

Sync parts of two worksheets including formats
I am looking for a way to have a primary and secondary worksheet. I will make changes to the primary and want those mirrored on the secondaary sheet. I want o mirrow all changes, formatting, adding, deleing rows, columns, etc., not just the data. I know how to use the change event to mirror the data but no help for the other things. I also know how to use the Sheets(array(....)).select to link the two but this mirrors the entire sheets and I just want to mirror a section of the sheets say A1:F1000 and the rest is unique to each sheet. Anyone have a solution. ...

Line break in X-axis column label?
I have a chart with the data shown in columns. I am trying to format my data column in the worksheet so the column label on the X-axis has a line break that makes sense. I want: Run 1 - 1843 RPM but I can't force a break after the hyphen in the worksheet, so I'm getting Run 1 - 1843 RPM. Is there any way to force this line break so it shows up on my chart? Ed Ed, a line break within a worksheet cell can be forced with <Alt><Enter> (keep the Alt-button pressed while hitting <Enter>). I believe this will be reflected in your chart category label. GL, Henk ...

How do you combine two calenders?
My husband and I have been both working on making a calender. We want to know if there is away to combine the two to make one? Paula <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My husband and I have been both working on making a calender. We > want to know if there is away to combine the two to make one? Depends. Are you both using the same PC? Are you both using the same Windows username? What version of Outlook? DO you want to share all Outlook data or only the calendar? DO you want only one calendar, and that shared, or do you each want a shared calendar and a priva...

Two Exchange Server 2003 and OWA
I have two Exchange Server 2003 in two different sites: A and B (but same Windows 2003 domain). I have 30 users in site A and 15 users in site B. It's OK. My OWA is accessed externally through Exchange site A (http://mail.siteA.com/exchange). It's OK. I can access the site A users accounts but I can't access the site B users accounts. My question: Can I just use site A OWA to access the accounts of the site A users and site B users? How can I configure that? Or I need create another access (http://mail2.siteB.com/exchange) to site B users accounts? Thanks ! Vaine ...

Flexible X axis VBA/Macro generated
I am trying to create a chart showing a payment profile with a fixed start date but variable end. Manually, simple, select all cells with a date before the end date and that is X axis, and series data for appropriate cells. How can I create an X axis range which only goes to the end year? The same process will presumably apply to series data also. This cannot be so difficult I would have thought. Am I missing something? Duncan Beech -- duncan beech Skip the macros, and try this approach: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/ At the end of the tutorial are links to speci...

axis associated with legend
Hello all! I have a 3d bar chart. (ie, area chart converted to bar chart) and I want the legend to be associated with the Z axis so different heights will be different colors. Is this possible? Thanks! Also, unrelated, is it possible to have excel process 3d chart info in the form: x y z 0 0 56 0 1 88 0 2 63 1 0 39 1 2 78 etc without switching to the "table" form? Thanks everybody! Andrew ...

How do I move the Category Axis labels outside of the Plot Area?
I have negative numbers in a simple bar chart and the axis labels are crowding on top of the negative bars. I have the offset maxed out, however, in some charts this just isn't enough. Please help. Hi Brian, Double click the x axis and on the Patterns tabs you need to set Tick mark labels to Low. Cheers Andy Brian Shoun wrote: > I have negative numbers in a simple bar chart and the axis labels are > crowding on top of the negative bars. I have the offset maxed out, however, > in some charts this just isn't enough. Please help. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Exce...

Scatter Plot: Change X-Axis Date
I am plotting a Variable [ ] against Time [MM/DD/YY HH:MM] in a Scatter Plot (NOT LINE PLOT). Say I want to change the x-axis labels as such: Min = 02/17/09 06:00; Max = 02/18/09 06:00; Major Unit = 1:00. It used to be that you would type those numbers in the respective sections of the "format axis" window, but it appears that '07 Excel does not allow this?? Is there a workaround, or do I seriously have to go back to calculating the actual number (ie..Min = 39861.25; Max = 39862.25)? I'm going to be pretty annoyed if they "engineered" that feature out of...

Two vesions on same computer
Can Excel 03 and 07 be installed on the same computer? I am using Project Server 03 and Office 07. A Project Server 03 desktop function needs Excel 03 installed. -- Matt in Flower Mound Texas Matt, Yes, they can. Install them into different folders. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Matt Piazza, PMP" <MattPiazzaPMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473A10E6-A998-41BA-A3CC-E01D3CEE47EC@microsoft.com... > Can Excel 03 and 07 be installed on the same computer? > > I am using Project Server 03 and Office 07. A Project Server 03 desktop > function need...

Use two combo boxes to control a third
I have a form and a subform. In the subform is a combo box (#3). I want to filter the list of available options for this combo box based on the selections made on two other combo boxes (#1) and (#2). I was able to get this to work by putting the code as a condition on the query for combo box #3 when all three combo boxes were on the same subform. But I wanted combo box #1 on the main form, while I kept combo #2 and #3 on the subform. I can get combo box #3 to respond to the criteria found in Combo #1, but not both #1 and #2. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance for the help! If I w...

Comparing Records in two Tables
SQL2008 can anyone point me in the right directon to look up how to do this If i have two databases DB1 and DB2, each have 1 table DB1.TB1 and DB2.TB1. The structure of both DB1.TB1 and TB2.TB1 are identical. If I run a Query doing an INSERT into DB2.TB1 .. Select * From DB1.TB1, What will be the easist way to check that the record was written. Is there a 'compare' function avalible ? Some occasions only 1 record will be written, but sometimes it will be multiple records > If I run a Query doing an INSERT into DB2.TB1 .. Select * From DB1.TB1, > What will be...

CRM 4 set up with two NICs
Can CRM 4 handle 2 network cards on the application server? "ilibhart" <ilibhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9A2487-07A0-4D96-96B6-A6FC46189177@microsoft.com... > Can CRM 4 handle 2 network cards on the application server? Yes, it can. I have at least one CRM implementation running on a machine with 2 NICs, each in different subnets. ...

FAQ to find difference of two dates expressed in days
can someone direct me to the FAQ where I could probably find out how to determine the difference between two dates expressed in days thank you portella@optonline.net ...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data? #2
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? Hi Sarah, you can change the Source data of the chart by right- clicking it. There you can define the columns / rows for the x- and the y-axis. Best Markus >-----Original Message----- >My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x >axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any >suggestions? >. > ...

Does anyone know how to make a colymn graph where y axis is colors