Turn off font Auto Scale globally in Excel 2003?

Is there a way to tell Excel globally to uncheck the Auto scale checkbox on
the font tab for all chart elements?  Or at least turn it off for all
elements on the current chart?  The default seems to be to have auto scale on
and the only thing I can figure out to deal with it is to turn off each chart
element's auto scale, one at a time.  For my situation this is truly an
obnoxious default setting.
0
TedMH (10)

Try first unchecking font auto scale with the "Chart Area" selected (the
outside of the chart).

You could set your chart preferences as the default chart type, see Chart
types, Custom types, User defined.

Regards,
Peter T

"Ted M H" <TedMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to tell Excel globally to uncheck the Auto scale checkbox
on
> the font tab for all chart elements?  Or at least turn it off for all
> elements on the current chart?  The default seems to be to have auto scale
on
> and the only thing I can figure out to deal with it is to turn off each
chart
> element's auto scale, one at a time.  For my situation this is truly an
> obnoxious default setting.

0
Peter
6/23/2008 7:59:12 PM
Aha!  So when you set the auto scale option for the chart area font, you set
it globally for the chart.  That's great!  Using the user defined charts,
including the default chart type, is also a helpful idea.  Thanks very much
for your help.

"Peter T" wrote:

> Try first unchecking font auto scale with the "Chart Area" selected (the
> outside of the chart).
>
> You could set your chart preferences as the default chart type, see Chart
> types, Custom types, User defined.
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>

> "Ted M H" <TedMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to tell Excel globally to uncheck the Auto scale checkbox
> on
> > the font tab for all chart elements?  Or at least turn it off for all
> > elements on the current chart?  The default seems to be to have auto scale
> on
> > and the only thing I can figure out to deal with it is to turn off each
> chart
> > element's auto scale, one at a time.  For my situation this is truly an
> > obnoxious default setting.

0
TedMH (10)
6/23/2008 8:13:21 PM
This tutorial shows how to uncheck the AutoScale box for all charts, going
forward (it doesn't fix any existing charts):

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

> Aha!  So when you set the auto scale option for the chart area font, you
> set
> it globally for the chart.  That's great!  Using the user defined charts,
> including the default chart type, is also a helpful idea.  Thanks very
> much
> for your help.
>
> "Peter T" wrote:
>
>> Try first unchecking font auto scale with the "Chart Area" selected (the
>> outside of the chart).
>>
>> You could set your chart preferences as the default chart type, see Chart
>> types, Custom types, User defined.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter T
>>

>> "Ted M H" <TedMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a way to tell Excel globally to uncheck the Auto scale
>> > checkbox
>> on
>> > the font tab for all chart elements?  Or at least turn it off for all
>> > elements on the current chart?  The default seems to be to have auto
>> > scale
>> on
>> > and the only thing I can figure out to deal with it is to turn off each
>> chart
>> > element's auto scale, one at a time.  For my situation this is truly an
>> > obnoxious default setting.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/23/2008 9:11:35 PM
Hi Jon,

I thought your name sounded familiar...You're listed in a J. Walkenbach book
where he says you have "an uncanny ability to solve practically any chart
related problem."  Indeed you do!

So this is a celebrity response!  How cool is that?  Very much appreciate
you sharing your expertise.  Thanks.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> This tutorial shows how to uncheck the AutoScale box for all charts, going
> forward (it doesn't fix any existing charts):
>
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "Ted M H" <TedMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Aha!  So when you set the auto scale option for the chart area font, you
> > set
> > it globally for the chart.  That's great!  Using the user defined charts,
> > including the default chart type, is also a helpful idea.  Thanks very
> > much
> > for your help.
> >
> > "Peter T" wrote:
> >
> >> Try first unchecking font auto scale with the "Chart Area" selected (the
> >> outside of the chart).
> >>
> >> You could set your chart preferences as the default chart type, see Chart
> >> types, Custom types, User defined.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Peter T
> >>

> >> "Ted M H" <TedMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> on
> >> on
> >> chart

0
TedMH (10)

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

applying auto archiving
Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox. I would like some help with this please. I know t...

Excel 2007

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2