Trying to Plot two lines on one graph

Help! I have two data sets and want to plot them both on
one graph for comparison. Problem I am facing is the x-
axis data points don't seem to decipher between the two
plots.
For instance, my 2 data sets are:
Line1  Line2
X Y    X    Y
1 4    1.5  7
2 7    2    6
3 9    3    8
4 2    4.2  0
5 7    5.1  1

But after plotting, Excel can only display the Line 1 x
values. Therefore Line 2 is not represented correctly.
Anyone have any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

Erica

One way:

Make a XY-scatter chart for the first data set.

Rightclick the chart and choose "Source data" (or similar)
From the tab "Series" (or similar) add a new series.
Drag through data set 2 to get the X- and Y-values.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Erica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Help! I have two data sets and want to plot them both on
> one graph for comparison. Problem I am facing is the x-
> axis data points don't seem to decipher between the two
> plots.
> For instance, my 2 data sets are:
> Line1  Line2
> X Y    X    Y
> 1 4    1.5  7
> 2 7    2    6
> 3 9    3    8
> 4 2    4.2  0
> 5 7    5.1  1
>
> But after plotting, Excel can only display the Line 1 x
> values. Therefore Line 2 is not represented correctly.
> Anyone have any suggestions?

0
leo.heuser (111)

Linking item between two worksheets
How do I link an item (letter, symbol) to another worksheet within the same workbook then be able to double-click on the item and it take me to that item. Similar to hyperlink within the same workbook. Test-drive this blast from the past: http://cjoint.com/?cypbTlFKDw Hyperlink_matching_record_in_another_sht voila? hit YES below -- Max Singapore --- "CD" wrote: > How do I link an item (letter, symbol) to another worksheet within the same > workbook then be able to double-click on the item and it take me to that > item. Similar to hyperlink within the sam...

Where are buy marks in graph?
I have a Roth IRA account setup in Money 2004 Small Business. When I right click any investment in the account and choose price history, I get a graph. Some points on the line have "B"s. Meaning a buy took place on that date and at that price. However, I only see two Bs on the graph. I have many buys but why aren't they all listed? I am looking at a date range that should include all the buys. Thanks, Brett "brett" <account-at-cygen-dot-com> wrote in message news:1155219522.111255.314000@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have a Roth IRA account setu...

Line Chart
I thought this would be easy, but I am really stumped! I need to show the percentage in addition to the value in the data labels for a line chart. Example, January February Series 1 5 6 Series 2 15 4 I would like the January data label for Series 1 to show 5 (25%) I would like the January data label for Series 2 to show 15 (75%) I would like the February data label for Series 1 to show 6 (60%) I would like the February data label for Series 2 to show 4 (40%) TIA FOR ANY HELP! You need to construct your lab...

Change spreadsheet by moving graph points?
I am trying to find a way to move a graph point around and then have it tell me what the new number would be in my spreadsheet? Is this possible? It used to be. If you haven't upgraded to Excel 2007, it still is possible. Select the point (one single click to select the series, another to select the point). If it's a marker, put the cursor over the point and it will become a 2-headed arrow (line chart) or 4-headed arrow (XY chart). If it's a bar or column, put the cursor at the end of the bar and it will become a 2-headed arrow. Drag this arrow to change the value being plo...

Please help
On one of our workbooks we have several graphs that pull information from the other worksheets within the workbook. When I click on the tab (worksheet) that contains the graph(s), I get the message "Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch." This error has given us a lot of problems and has even screwed up data in this and other open workbooks. Please, can someone help me figure out how to look into this problem? I know very little about graphs in Excel so please be very details and step-by-step. Sandra Sandra - There is some kind of macro that is kicked off when you activate ...

Send to my box one thousand people names and email addresses
i need one thousand names and email addresses Display their names also <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i need one thousand names and email addresses Yeah, like people will be stupid enough to do that! -- Brian Tillman "Display their names also" <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87AF0B51-09A5-411C-8AC5-9F8801EC0779@microsoft.com... >i need one thousand names and email addresses Make them up yourself. "Display their names also" <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How Do I adjust double line walls to print to scale?
When I use single line drawing 1/4 scale, It prints exactly to scale but when I draw with double lines the scale is off. The longer the wall the more incorrect it is. If I draw a 10' wall it appears okay but when I draw a 60' wall it's 2-3 feet off. Can I adjust this? If so. How? Lonnie ...

Look-up between two workbooks
Hello I am faced with a dilemma. I am working on an asset allocation analysis tool for clients regarding asset weightings with their holdings. I have everything set up nice, but want to automate the process. I would like to know if the following is possible, and if so, how?? I want to type in a code (the mutual fund code) in one cell, and automatically have it come up with the name, and different asset weightings in the adjacent cells. The source data is located in another workbook, all on one page. The cells are side by side, and have all the data in the correct order. Now, does anyon...

Opening Outlook from two computers
I'd like to know how to have emails sent simultaneously to the same outlook account on two computers. As of now it goes to one or the other depending on which is connected. Thanks ...

trying to upgrade Money 99 to 2003
When Money 2003 trys to convert the 99 file it says that it is not a compatable version, how can I upgrade my 99 file to be compatable with 2003 FAQ answer to "Incompatible Versions" just posted to thread "Restoring previous version Backups." "Paul" <pauld@multibuild.com.au> wrote in message news:03d101c342ae$1376c780$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When Money 2003 trys to convert the 99 file it says that > it is not a compatable version, how can I upgrade my 99 > file to be compatable with 2003 ...

Re: ira contributions not showing in tax line
I set up a Roth ira account in money, the retirement box is checked, bu my contributions don't show up in the tax line manager... any advice - hobbe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message679579.htm ...

signing in from more two computer
I would like to know how can I sign in from two places without displaying on the status that available in two places. In another word, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW CAN I DISABLE dispaly status NOT TO SHOW LOGIN FROM TWO COMPUTERS / TWO PLACES. Greetings, Short answer: You can't. Long answer: Technically it's possible, but those with the knowledge/skill-set probably aren't interested as it's hard to really see a legitimate purpose for doing this. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://...

Plot Highs and lows?
I have a chart that pulls in data and updates periodically. Is there anyway to chart I high and a low value for that day? Would this invlove creating two other series of data? Hi, If I understand the problem then yes 2 extra series would be do it. Have a look at these examples of highlighting points in a plot. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/PointAtPoints.html http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_min_max.htm Cheers Andy John wrote: > I have a chart that pulls in data and updates periodically. Is there anyway > to chart I high and a low value for that day? Would this in...

Error while trying to run a report
Hi, I am getting an error while trying to run a report in CRM 4.0 . So I tried to open report server http://localhost/report. Here it is giving the error as "The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer." I restarted the services and did iisreset. But nothing affected. And when I checked it in eventvwr.I found the following information "Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot connect to the report server database." If anyone know this issue.Please help me to overcome this. ...

a Slice in two colors
I have the following data in a table A $40,000 B $89,000 (70% spent) C $63,000 D $74,000 I want to show that 70% of slice B has been spent. Can I show that in the same pie chart by having slice B in two shades of the same color based on the PCT. Thanks Hi Qaseem, You will need to modify your data and add another value between B and C and format the slices to suit. A $40,000 B =$89,000*.7 (70% spent) b =$89,000*.3 (30% Unspent) C $63,000 D $74,000 The Pie in Pie with conditional format on my site may help. (http://www.andypope....

How to toggle from Two Worksheets
Does anyone know a shortcut for toggling from one worksheet to the next within the same workbook (preferably without having to create a new Window)? Thanks. <Ctrl> <PageUp> <Ctrl> <PageDown> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ebf6011f-dcf7-4d44-8771-a2f304e16380@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... Does anyone know a shortcut for toggling from one...

Calculate error when one-to-many replationship is added
Hi everyone, Table 1 ItemId (primary key) ItemName ItemDescription Table 2 Bil ItemID Quantity Received Table 3 No ItemID Quantity In I Create a query for each of the tables. which sums Quantity Received, Quantity In, Quantity Out I create another query which will add the Items table (table 1) and the other 3 queries summing up the items, joining the 3 queries to the Items table by ItemID using Join 2 (show all the fields in TblItem) for each join. Add eg ItemID, Item Name from the Items table then, from the other 3 queries, SumOfQuantity Received, SumOfQuantity In, SumOfQuantity Out the ...

How to mail merge multiple rows in one document 03-10-10
Hi, I have a worksheet that lists subscribers of a service. It looks something like this: Organization Name Title Email ACME CO. Smith, Sam CEO ssmith@acme.com ACME CO. Jones, Bill Staff bjones@acme.com Each organization has one president and multiple staff members listed (between 1 and 5 staff members). I want to email each president, through mail merge, and give them a list of all the current subscribers from their organization (data from other rows in the worksheet). Is this possible to do (using Office 2...

Exchange - Two Offices
I'm pretty new to exchange and need some help. I am setting up two offices. Each will have a server running 2k3 standard. Each will be DC in the same domain. Going to connect the two offices together via VPN site-to-site / Cisco 501's. Both sides will have broadband connections (probably T1's). Main office will be around 12 people and the other about 25. I want to minimize traffic on VPN and create some redundancy. I am thinking that I would install exchange on both servers, and set up mailboxes on each locally to the users. For DNS, I would point the preference to the mai...

macro copy data in one sheet
I have 40 sheets with data in a workbook. I want to copy all the data to one sheet like this: Sheet1 Sheet 2 3 7 4 5 9 8 In sheet 3 3 4 9 7 5 8 Thanks!! See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message news:433d99cc-d7b7-4e2b-9d3c-211e77a74caf@k19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >I have 40 sheets with data in a workbook. I want to copy all the data > to one sheet like this: > > S...

sales rep per line item
Is there a way to assign one sales rep to a particular line item for a transaction and then another sales rep for a different line item on the same transaction? Right now, it seems the sales rep feature changes all line items. Thanks, Dallas. Dallas, Click on the line you wish to change in the Rep column and press F2 and select the rep for that line. -- Jeff Check Point Software ===================================================== You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment(s). If you are not using a reader, foll...

trying to export .aba file from Palm Desktop to .csv file and having problems with irregular characters
I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? Here's a pic of what they look like" http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=howtoeliminatesquareseu6.jpg > I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of > the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that > are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? > Here's a pic of what they look like" I hate to ask what...

A program is trying to access email addresses...
Since yesterday, when I send an email, I get this message in a dialogue box, "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this. If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." I have Outlook 2002 SP3 version, and I just recently downloaded Office updates. How do I turn this off? Or, do I have some other kind of problem? Thanks, David David, Please see the information on the following web page. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT]...

Memo line on printed checks
I'm wondering if it is possible to modify the placement of the memo line on printed checks. Moving the entire printed text using the existing check printing parameters within Money will not help as I only require the modification of the memo line. You see, I have pre-printed blank checks, but the memo line (when printed using Money) falls below the pre-printed line on the check. I searched for a possible check printing template, which I might modify directly, (using Notepad for example) in the Money file heirachy without success. I've even poked aroung the registry for any p...

Need to Subtract from One Column
I have a simple worksheet that has 3 columns - Column A - Description (text) Column B - Amount Used (number) Column C - On Hand I want to enter a quantity in column b and have that quantity deducte from column c - then column c will display the result only - After the result is displayed in C - Column B will be blank Any help would be appreciate -- mpalme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpalmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4917...