Truncated X Axis Labels in Line Chart

I have a worksheet made up of 12 sheets of charts and 2
sheets of data.

6 of the charts read data from sheet 1.

6 of the charts read data from sheet 2.

For some reason, all the charts related to sheet 1 display
the complete x axis label eg. 2x12, 2x24, 2x32 etc.

All the charts related to sheet 2 truncate the label.  For
example:

2x12 displays as 2x1
2x24 displays as 2x2
2x32 displays as 2x3

I have checked my formats and they are the same between
the two data sheets.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Would smaller font help?  I've had truncated labels when I have too many series to
show on the chart.  Sometimes smaller fonts helped me.
Rita

Nick wrote:
> I have a worksheet made up of 12 sheets of charts and 2
> sheets of data.
>
> 6 of the charts read data from sheet 1.
>
> 6 of the charts read data from sheet 2.
>
> For some reason, all the charts related to sheet 1 display
> the complete x axis label eg. 2x12, 2x24, 2x32 etc.
>
> All the charts related to sheet 2 truncate the label.  For
> example:
>
> 2x12 displays as 2x1
> 2x24 displays as 2x2
> 2x32 displays as 2x3
>
> I have checked my formats and they are the same between
> the two data sheets.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?
>
> Thanks

0
rmpalazzi (92)

Dividing Lines Colour
Is it possible to change the colour, line weight or line type of the dividing lines on a form? Thanks in advance, Jared Don't think so, but you could set Dividing Lines Property to No, then place a horizontal line on your form, the width of the form, color it and make its width as you like, then move it down to the very bottom of the form. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Jard, If you are talking about the line that seperate records oR headers, detail ...

Displaying dashed or dotted lines correctly in logarithmic scale?
I'm observing a problem already described in Article 214389 (regarding tredlines in Excel2000 displayed incorrectly). I'm unable to print dashed or dotted lines in logarithmic scale correctly, even though they appear correctly on screen and in print preview (!). A dashed or dotted line does not appear to have any dashes, or only a portion of the line may have dashes, or the dashed line appears to be distorted, or of uneven spacing. I guess it's an unresolved bug. I'm only surprised it's been known since Excel2000, and not corrected! Are there any solutions to the pr...

Pivot Chart
I have a 900,000 record database in Access and I use EXCEL pivot chart to query the database. It works wonderfully, except when I add additional fields to the database and I need to add these fields in the pivot chart, I have to start all over again. Isn't there a quick way to add a field to the pivot chart query ? Appreciate reply to SoonLeng_Lim@myrealbox.com Hi lsl, Go to the pivot table wizard, hit the back button a couple of times, click the get Data button. You are now in Microsoft Query. Just drag the fields you need to the results pane... -- Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.n...

Chart Shows data wrong way around
Hi, I have this strange problem with a simple chart. Y Axis shows correct =A30.00 - and scaling upwards. X Axis is the problem. As you look at the chart the X axis displays the days correct 1 2 3 4 5 and so on. Now the problem is the actual bars read right to left, so day 1 has the bar over it for the last day and the last day has the bar for day 1. I am no way an Excel expert :) so if this is something very obvious then "opps" but any help is much appreciated on how to have them matching up correctly. I don't know why yours is backwards. If it is a horizontal bar chart, th...

Formulae for a score chart
I'm making a score sheet with results and the total result, but was wondering how I can make the position appear under the total (e.g First, second etc), in other words the formula. I'm sure there's a way it's just been a long day Thanks Nick There is rank; for example +RANK(B1,A1:A25,1) will show you where the value in B1 stands among values in A1:A25. the final argument ",1" is optional, but in this case makes it so that the lowest number has the "best" ranking. "Nick H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

Mail not sent to everyone in TO: line
This one is really odd. We have a problem reported (and verified) that sometimes a list of names in the TO: line doesn't guarentee that the message will be delivered to all those names. We've even traced the message ID's and found that even though the four names were properly resolved, it delivered to only two of them. We did this test twice. The first test it delivered to addresses A and C, but not B or D and the second test it delivered to A and B but not C or D. Luckily, this appears to be isolated to a small group of our users, but it is VERY troubling. These are a...

How do I delete an underscore line in Word 2007?
In Word 2007, I used the underscore symbol (_) to create a line to separate sections within an outline. I cannot determine how to remove this line. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "ClubLevel" <ClubLevel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491FB525-737C-49B3-A784-92F9AF910476@microsoft.com... > In Word 2007, I used the underscore symbol (_) to create a line to > separate > sections within an outline. I cannot determine how to remove this line. ...

Why do my labels come out with green text?
When i print address labels the text comes out green, how do I change it? ...

Question about numbers lined up against dates
Hey all, Lets see if I can explain this one..... In Column "A" I have a series pf part number- IE 123, 442, ER45 and a whole load of others. In Column "B" I have a price against each part number IE �45.00, �6.70 and others In column "C" I have delivery dates against each part. IE - 2/3/06, 3/6/08 and lots of others. Part number 123 may be required 2/3/06 and 28/3/06 and also 6/6/08 and is �45 each What I am looking for is a formula that shows part number 123 totals monthly amounts. So part number 123 will show 2 required in March 06 at a value of �90 ...

Excel Truncating Leading Spaces when pasting data
Is there a way for Excel to not truncate leading spaces when data from outside of Excel has them. For example, I have a text file where some data has 1 leading zero, and some has 2, etc. I want to preserve that format when pasting to Excel, but they get truncated off. Is there a setting or something I can use to keep them. Excel XP, Office XP, Windows XP Thanks Hi Wayne Format the cells as text before you copy the data -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260001c427dc$0c643a40$a10128...

Inability to chart a logartihmic values
I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as ...

Gantt Chart Task dependencies
Hello, I already have an Excel Gantt Chart, however I need to include dependencies in there (As you can define in MS Project) Has anyone a suggestion for me how I can get this in? You can either write a bunch of formulas to try to capture the constraints, or you can bite the bullet and use a software package (e.g., MS Project) that includes the capability you require. It is even possible to integrate the two, so that Project uses Excel data (don't ask me how, I've never tried with Project). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials an...

Bubble chart that displays profit/loss clusters in a full day
I´ve tried to make a bubble chart that displays profit/losses for a day trader in the forex market. But I cant get it rigt. The chart gets all wrong. What I try to is as follows: The Y axis should be the time of day when the trade was placed and the x axis should be the profit or loss (positive or negative number) Preferably a loss should display as a red bubble and a profit should display as a blue bubble, increasing in size with the size of the profit/loss. Therby I will be able to identify the time when profit or loss clusters. Here is a example of the dataset: $ ...

active chart option
How do I activate the "Active chart" option in "Chart" tab of "Options" selection under the "Tools" menu? I can see it but I can't activate it. Regards, giacomo Hi giacomo, Try selecting the chart before going to Tools > Options Cheers Andy giacomo wrote: > How do I activate the "Active chart" option in "Chart" > tab of "Options" selection under the "Tools" menu? I can > see it but I can't activate it. > Regards, > giacomo -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope...

2 axis bar chart?
I need to create a two axis chart using columns for both data sets. One of the custom charts uses 2 axis, but requires a line rather than a column for one data set. Is there a way to use a separate column (not stacked) for each data set? Gordon - You don't need to constrain yourself to the abbreviated list of built-in custom chart types that come with Excel. Does this page describe what you want: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

Unexplained Line on worksheet
I have a file that has colored lines that I did not add nor do I want as part of the file. At first I thought they were graphics that could be removed - not true. If I delete the line on which they seem to be attached, they attach to the line above. They look like a cell border, but there are no borders on any of the cells in question and it appears to start in the middle of a cell. When it runs through a chart, if you click on the chart to make any edits, it come to the foreground and covers the line. But the second you are done with the chart, the line is once again in the foreground. ...

Double side-by-side bars and 2 y axis
I have a chart for requested by management that compares dollars spent to time left to spend the balance. For example, How would I chart a total dollar amount and the amount spent and on the same chart, chart the total amount of time and time spent to date. Total $s $s Spent Total Time Time Used 1,000,000 $500,000 340 days 65 days Is there anyway Excel can do this? Right now I am creating 2 different charts; bring them into CorelDraw and put the two together with 2 Y axises. Any Help out there? Thanks soooo much, Gwynne in Albuquerque ...

align two y-axis
I have a scatter line graph with two lines. The two lines are associated to different y-axis (primary and secondary). Is there a way to align the scale of the primary and secondary y-axis so that the point y=0 is the same major axis for both the primary and secondary y- axis? Other than this macro http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html Which I can't seem to get running becuase I am an extreme dumdum when it comes to macros... Hi, Double-click the primary Y axis and choose the Scale tab and set the Minimumn, Maximum and anything else you want. Repeat the process for the...

multiple columns, each with a forecast line
Hi i'm trying to build a chart that will display actuals (columns) and forecasts (which is a horizontal line about the same width as the column within the column) x-axis - product a, product b, product c y-axis - sales for each column (which denotes a product), I would like to plot a horizontal line to indicate the forecast. The column height indicates actual, and the line height indicates the forecast. any help would be most appreciated thanks K Making a horizontal lines the same width as the columns in the chart could be a task, but this might be a useful workaround. Sample data...

Active x issue
Win xp, access 2000, outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821) ***code snippet *** Dim MysObject as object Set myObject = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ***END code snippet *** gives error:- 429: ActiveX component can't create object ?? what's wrong! ?? [never was too sure about the ins and outs of Active X !] -- -- Jim Bunton Jim Bunton wrote: > Win xp, access 2000, outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821) > > ***code snippet *** > > Dim MysObject as object > Set myObject = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") > > ***END code snippet *** > >...

Error with parentheses in chart labels
The series names in my chart are set to cells, some of which contain parentheses within their text - for example: Nonconformance (Serious) The legend incorrectly displays the name with the closing parenthesis first: )Nonconformance (Serious If I include the series name on the chart data, it displays correctly (which seems to suggest a bug with the legend). I have tried to enclose the cell values in quotes or beginning it with a tick mark, but the error still occurs. This occurs in both Windows Excel 2003 and Mac Excel 2004. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Version 9 PO format does not allow 4 decimal places on line items
Have found now way to print 4 decimal places on the Blank PO format in version 9. -- Doug ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7e2dd6f4-f4b9-4ddf-a112-3b9e49a4e...

Visible Condition on a Label
My Label [lblOverdue] in set to No Visible on my form, When I select my Combo Box [cmbClientsDue] and the 8th Column shows a date more than 30 days but less than 60 days I want my label to appear, Any Help Please............Bob Right-click the label and Change To | Text Box. It now has a Control Source, which you can set to an expression such as this: =IIf(DateDiff("d", [cmbClientsDue], Date()) Between 30 And 60, "Overdue", Null) This assumes that the bound column of the combo is actually a date/time value. If the combo is unbound, set its Format property to (sa...

area chart doesn't show values
hi all, in excel 2003 i have created a area chart, based on values per day. If i point the mouse on a data point, a flag will show the data and date of this value. after open in excel 2007, this will only work, if i change the chart type from area to line-graph, so do everybody know, how to show the values in an area chart? thanks and greetings from switzerland Dieter ...

Labels for items on sale
Has anyone figured out how to print labels for items that are put on sale? In the label wizard, when I choose "Print labels for items that satisfy the following filter", it does not give me sale start or end dates as a filter option. Is there a way to add these to the label wizard report filter? Currently, there is no easy way to select and print labels for a group of items. When ever we change an item price we put the current date (such as 07/02/2007) into the subdescription2 field. This way, the stores can run the wizard and filter on the subdescription2 field to print their...