trendline HELP!

I have a chart that i am making of PPMs for the year of 2006.  I have jan-may
in the data series and the rest are left blank.  I am trying to get a
trendline in where it will stop at whatever month I am at but update when a
new month's data is entered into the box.  However, I cannot figure out how
to do this, when I do have a trend line it goes to like -4000.  can anyone
help me please?
0
meegan (2)

Make a dynamic chart:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm

If you have XL 2003, make the data a "list" before charting and XL
automatically makes it dynamic
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"meegan" <meegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a chart that i am making of PPMs for the year of 2006.  I have
>jan-may
> in the data series and the rest are left blank.  I am trying to get a
> trendline in where it will stop at whatever month I am at but update when
> new month's data is entered into the box.  However, I cannot figure out
> how
> to do this, when I do have a trend line it goes to like -4000.  can anyone
> help me please?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Help Appreciated
I am trying to avaerage a column that contains percentages and also errors, #DIV=0!, but the cells that the errors are in will change as more data is entered so I must keep the formulae as it is all be it returning an error at present, the cell range is B5:B39, ANY HELP APPRECIATED, ALAN:cool: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ try =subtotal(1,range) where range is the range of cells you want to average. subtotal is good at ignoring non-numeric cells. ...

help if you can thanks
I have two problems which i would like help with. 1st i am missing msvp80 dll, and unable to find it on this site to replace 2nd when i try to repair windows, on the self repair thing it whats a password. Ihave tried my password but with no joy many thanks G ...

HELP: How to retain only one set of INBOX etc. folders?
Hi, Using Outlook XP. Have been using Outlook XP ENG edition all along. But for some problems on PC, have to temporarily used Outlook XP CHINESE edition for a few weeks. After PC is ready, switch back to Outlook XP ENG edition. But now found that there are 2 sets of folders (i.e. INBOX, TASKS), in CHINESE and the other set in ENGLISH. Now, just want to retain the set of folders in ENGLISH (& remove the set in CHINESE). Question: How can I do this? Is there somewhere to set a default "profile" (is it called profile)? Currently, new emails coming in are directed to the...

Love the idea but need a little help
We recently, and finally, isntall the x64 bit OS. And are very excited on the capabilities that it will allow us to do. After installing we found a few problems that I came to find out are general problems with x64. I have scoured the internet and extended64.com/amd64.com/microsoft tech articles/ to no resolution. I hopeing the MVP's can direct me to a resolution. i dont want to have to call and use up one of my 5 non-criticial system problems through microsoft partners. My first problems is of course NOT ONE company supports wireless adapters. I have tried every combination r...

Help from Cal L. on reconnecting Money 2005 to data files?
I had a problem with Money 2005 which was fixed and has reoccurred. Both times were due to system crashes requiring reinstallation of Money 2005 while the data files were preserved. Cal Learner was able to solve the problem the last time this happened around late March this year. I cannot find the record of that discussion in the Money discussion strings. Having reloaded Money 2005, it gives me a screen saying: "Money will convert your file so you can work with it in Money 2005." When it attempts to do so, it gives an error message: "Money cannot locate 'C:\Document...

i need help with error on deleting rows in vba #2
Thanks Dave you hit the nail on the head. some of the rows below g25 were neve touched. your code fixed it. thanks -- GregJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GregJG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1106 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26123 ...

i need a letter to cancel a phone contract can any one help pleas
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=cancel -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1711B7A0-5158-49A2-8708-85E3204E2501@microsoft.com... > Me thinks you want more than composing the letter; "Regarding phone service, account (123) 456-7890, I wish to terminate service" effective immediately." Do you want to know how to avoid the penalties of the contract, i.e., paying for x months after term...

Help! Character Encoding Problem when exporting from Access to XML
I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provider who distributes the file in XML form to online clients. Recently characters have started to not translate onto sites; usually quotes and apostrophes. I have been told by the third party service that this is due to a problem from cutting-and-pasting btw Excel, Word and Access. How can I 'clean' this data in Access so it is uniform? On May 11, 5:31=A0am, Mark H <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provide= r > who ...

vba help issue
wondering if anyone can help. my vba help system stopped working correctly. some links work, some don't. here are a few examples, and if anyone has any ideas and can see some correlation, please let me know. this is on windows 7, but i have another windows 7 installation and it's fine. search for mod mod operator doesn't work, other 3 do search for inputbox inputbox method and writepassword property don't work inputbox function and all others do search for debug debug object, debug toolbar, use immediate window and understanding conditional compilation d...

Help! My graphs sneezed!
Here's a new one for me: I am using stacked area graphs to describe ion fractionations for my graduate thesis. However, my aluminum data series won't behave: I think I have attached sneeze.doc for your viewing pleasure. If not, please share the best way to post a graph. Anyway, the green polkadot area that represents Al extends beyond the x axis on the left side over the y axis intercept. None of the other data series are doing this. I have checked my data and the same # of cells have been chosen for the y-axis for each series, and my x-axis cells are the same for all. Now the k...

Password Locked!!! Need help!!!
Hi, recently, one of our staff created a form using excel but he protect the workbook/worksheet with his password. Now that he has left our office and we are unable to do amendment to that worksheet. Can someone help me or advise me how to unlock the worksheet. Thanks for your help. Lawrence Hi Lawrence Firstly, keep i mind that the previous user locked the Spreadsheet for a good reason. Have a look here for assistance in bypassing Passwords. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html HTH Michael Mitchelson "lawrence" wrote: > Hi, recently, one of our staff creat...

Help! Money99 lost my acounts!
I have money 99 with 5 years accounts on it working fine until recently when I had to re install windows xp home. I reinstalled money on to my new boot disk but although I have back ups on my old hard drive and on 3 floppies, money will not load them. I keep getting messages that say the files are corrupt! any one got any suggestions? Steve It happened to me under the same upgrade conditions. And the only solution I found was to go back to my old W98 after I deleted all the Money folders and all the .mny files that were on my HD. Then I reinstalled M99 and backup my files from my fl...

HELP WITH INDEX FORMULA
I have a table with 3 column: Sales Rep Cust. # Territory Ron 5001 5 Ron 5002 6 Paul 5003 10 paul 5004 11 I am trying to come up with a formula where in another sheet I have Sales Rep Cust. # Territory Ron 5001 Formula (I have been trying to use index, but nothing worked for me) Any help from somebody. Thanks Fernando, A few options: Setup: On Sheet 1 your table in A1:C5 (data in A2:C5) Sales Rep Cust. # Territory Ron 5001 5 Ron ...

Need help setting up multiple columns in landscape report
Hi. I'm looking for help on how to lay out a report containing data about classes at a school and would like it to look like this... http://www.south-haven.org/classroomexample I've got a table containing these fields: - Grade (there are seven grades -- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th) - Classroom # (there are ten classrooms for each grade) - Teacher (there are two teachers in each classroom) - Student (there are ten students in each classroom) I need to print a seven-page report on 11x17" paper, landscape orientation. The first page should show all ten Kin...

Help: I have difficulties in Update Where Exists
Hi all, I have a query which is exactly like this: Update tDelivered Set InvoiceID = 999 where Exists (Select * from tClient INNER JOIN (tPOin INNER JOIN (tPOItems INNER JOIN tDelivered ON tPOItems.ID=tDelivered.POItemsID) ON tPOin.ID=tPOItems.POinID) ON tPOin.ClientID=tClient.ID WHERE Wanted = true and InvoiceID is NULL AND EName = Forms!fGenInvoice.EName and InvoiceID is NULL Order by Ddate) Access 2007 tries to update all the records in tDelivered. However, when I dod the Select statement in the Exists above like this: Select * from tClient INNER...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...

Information store stops
Hi Besides error in sys log The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. we alse get the following error; Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the MSExchangeIS service. after that our Exchange 2000 information store service is stopped. If I try to start it, it works for about 5 minutes, and than we get the same error again, and IS is stopped. Any help or ideas why? Regards Miha Are you using the Standard version of ...

I need excel help
To whom may read, I'm currently using Excel 2000. I'm wanting to either create a address book via Excel or import address information via a microsoft office program into an established excel file. I've created a purchasing templete for my use in at my current company. Using this purchasing templete I've created many different templetes for different vendors. My question is can I create a pull down bar that would list my vedors individually, select a given vendor and the information from the selected vendor, and all that information be pulled up on the original purchasing t...

Help in excel
Hi, I have recently installed Office Systems 2003 and started working on MS Excel 2003. I found it strange when I type a number in any cell in a worksheet, the number is devided by '10'. So when I type 20 and move to the next cell, it automatically appears as 2. Any help would be appreciated. regards Jay Jay, Menu Tools>Options and go to the Edit tab. See if the Fixed Decimal box is checked, if so uncheck. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jay Kathir" <jkath...

Need help with a formula
I am trying to find a formula to search for text in a range of cells that if found it would return data in another cell. For instance, Retun Jones in the Sunday cell in the XXXX cell and so on. Also Tuesday it would return Doe and Jones in the SA 61/1 XXXX cell on Monday. Name Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Smith W T DO DO W PT 60 PT 61/1 Doe T PT 61/1 PT 60 PT 61/1 DO DO W Jones PT 60 PT 61/1 W T ...

help-lost addys!
Somehow (Office update??) Outlook 2003 was installed on my PC. In the process I lost all my contacts in my address book, all saved e-mail, etc. How can I either restore the previous version of Outlook or restore the addy book and old emails. Thanks in advance dan Dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Somehow (Office update??) Outlook 2003 was installed on my > PC. It is impossible for this to occur without your knowledge. > In the process I lost all my contacts in my address > book, all saved e-mail, etc. How can I either restore the > previous v...

Control Button help needed
In the microsoft template database "Classroom"/ Classes form there is a command button that will open another form (Students) on a specific record in the subform. I can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone out there help me? The code behind the button is using the OpenForm method and is passing the ID of the record to open to as part of the "WHERE" argument. Look up OpenForm method (or action to see the macro version) and review the arguments. "Obeide115654" <Obeide115654@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:325A53B7-7553-40F0...

Trend Lines help
Hi, I am having some trouble putting in a trend line on a Line Chart. The Trend Line button is not lit up. I'm using Excel 2007. Please help. Thanks Hi, You will not get Trend lines is the sub chart is one of the Stacked or 3d types. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF171B20-2A2D-4F40-8682-396721E1FDB7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am having some trouble putting in a trend line on a Line Chart. The > Trend > Line button is not lit up. I'm using Excel ...

Data pts do not show up in chart when inserted, Help?
My data pts do not show up , my scales are right, what gives? if you use automatic max and min on the axis do they show up? if so at what value? "johnathan" wrote: > My data pts do not show up , my scales are right, what gives? How are you inserting points? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ johnathan wrote: > My data pts do not show up , my scales are right, what gives? ...

I truly hope I'll get help with this question
Good day, Using Windows XP, Word 2003 (not for long...) I'm trying to create a table, 5 columns, one line, specific height and width. This is okay. Users will not be allowed to change these settings. However, and here's the tricky part, I want to allow them to change the format applied to the text entered in the 5 columns. For now, it is set at Arial 10, bold. But they may need to change the police size to 9 or 8. I created a style for the table. But if I protect it, unselecting it in the list of styles that can be modified, the protection also applies to the t...