trendline going below points in the chart

I have a burndown graph, so the trendline has a negative slope.
I'm only interested in the X-intercept.
How do I keep the trendline from exceeding the normal bounds of the chart?

When it goes down to -2000, it shrinks the rest of the chart
so that it can't be seen and is useless.

Thanks,
Brad.

0
Brad

Brad -

You can double click on an axis, and on the Scale tab of the dialog box
that pops up, set the axis minimum and maximum that you want. This
prevents data series or trendlines from redrawing the chart scales.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Brad White wrote:

> I have a burndown graph, so the trendline has a negative slope.
> I'm only interested in the X-intercept.
> How do I keep the trendline from exceeding the normal bounds of the chart?
>
> When it goes down to -2000, it shrinks the rest of the chart
> so that it can't be seen and is useless.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad.

That fixed it.

I was trying to do it from the trendline.

Thanks,
Brad.

"Jon Peltier" <DOjonNOTxlmvp@SPAMpeltiertechME.com> wrote in message
> Brad -
>
> You can double click on an axis, and on the Scale tab of the dialog box
> that pops up, set the axis minimum and maximum that you want. This
> prevents data series or trendlines from redrawing the chart scales.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Brad White wrote:
>
> > I have a burndown graph, so the trendline has a negative slope.
> > I'm only interested in the X-intercept.
> > How do I keep the trendline from exceeding the normal bounds of the
chart?

> > When it goes down to -2000, it shrinks the rest of the chart
> > so that it can't be seen and is useless.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brad.

0
Brad

Graph Charts
I am creating a chart and I would like increments on the axis as follows: 0 25 50 75 100 200 300 400 500 Is this possible? Yes, if you make a Line chart rather than an XY chart Do not put a label over the x-values - this will make it easier to get the Line chart Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Taylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111a01c42633$6893c9c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am creating a chart and I would like increments on the > axis as follows: > > 0 25 50 75 100 200 ...

Go http://www.kamtek.permonline.ru
-- Go http://www.kamtek.permonline.ru free girl russia ...

Simple question- how to make X axis on bottom of chart
Hi, pretty self explanatory, and probably a quick fix. Basically my data in my chart varies between -5 and -15 on the y axis. As a result the X axis labels appear at the top of the chart, and not the traditional way at the bottom. I would like them to be at the bottom, and i'm sure it must be a quick fix. Any one know how to do it? Thanks, Joel -- Boon8888 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Boon8888's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30647 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Stacked column chart #6
I'm trying to create a stacked column chart that will essentially behave like a pie chart in column form. I want to display the total excess inventory per employee, broken down by that particular employee's desk codes. It works fine when I input the data as a pie chart, but we would like everyone to be next to each other in column form because it is easier to consolidate. Is this possible? If so, how can I format the data so that it stops creating separate columns for each desk code? Does each employee have a unique column? List the employees in column A, the desk codes i...

How to do Time Started/Time Ended Chart
I have a list of scheduled tasks. In one column is the time the task started. In the next column is the time the task ended. Many of these tasks overlap. (Two or more task are running at the same time, starting and ending at different times.) I want a chart that shows how the tasks overlap. I'm thinking of a chart that has a standard time line for both x and y axis. The for each time on the x axis where a task began there are two dots connected by a line. The lower dot is when the task started, the upper dot when it ended and the line represents the duration. Then I could scan my eyes acr...

pie chart rotation
Is there a way to rotate a pie chart? In article <E5BB0F23-FF24-4702-A8A7-B5BB51EE0444@microsoft.com>, Hand drawn circle wrote: > Is there a way to rotate a pie chart? Rightclick any pie slide and choose Format Data Point; go exploring in the dialog box that results. You'll find an option to rotate the first slice by xx degrees. Use that, the other slices follow. ============================== PPT Frequently Asked Questions http://www.pptfaq.com/ PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint http://www.pptools.com/ ...

Chart menu disabled
Hello, I have a question ... When selecting an embedded chart on a worksheet or a chartsheet the chart menu is completely disabled. Why? Can anybody help? TIA. BR, Antje Crawford The chart could be protected. Select the chart or goto the chartsheet Goto Tools/Protection.. See if you can unprotect the chart ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Fading sounds in Power Point 2010?
A long standing problem with Power Point has been the inability to make a sound fade in or out. I saw one comment by a lady on another forum thinking that there were controls to do this in 2010. However, it wouldn't work for her. I've tried to find documentation about 2010 on the Microsoft web site, but all I can find is a full download of Office 2010 beta install. Does 2010 have the ability to fade sounds? Yes, it does. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances h...

negative waterfall chart
Hello: Anyone have any ideas how to make a waterfall chart that can break below the Y-axis? Jon Peltier has a good example of an automatic waterfall chart, but I can't figure out how to make it go negative. Thanks! Pablo, I can understand why you might have a component of the variance go negative but in theory the start and end points should always be positive. As a result, couldn't you just set your data up similar to this and then just create a simple clustered column chart? 2003 Rev. $3,000 Volume $2,000 Price $1,500 Acuity -$800 Payor Mix -$1,000 Other -$500 2004 ...

RPC over HTTP, Outlook still going over TCP/IP
Good day I'm trying to teach my Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 to get RPC over HTTP running. Everything should actually be set up as it's supposed to be (according to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D833401), but it's still not working. Starting Outlook with outlook /rpcdiag shows the fact, TCP/IP instead of HTTPS. Any ideas? Regards Andr=E9 PS: I did the test browsing to https://server/rpc. Worked as described in the KB. Did you try it when you were out of local network ? So it didn't have direct access over tcp/ip ? "Andr� H" <ahirschi@gmail.com> p�se ...

need to format chart columns based on info not displayed in chart
I have some code that examines a set of data and generates a x1columncluster chart. Depending on the set of data, I may have any number of column clusters as a result. However, I currently format the columns manually to make certain groupings a given color and another group of columns a different color and so forth. I would like to automate this. Is there a way to go through each column like for x = 1 to numberOfColumns check group If group = 1 set color accordingly else set color differently end if Did that make sense? TIA ...

Macro to Update Charts Source Data
All, I have 50 sheets containing data... I want to create the same set of charts referencing each of these sheets. I was searching the groups and found the following link: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html I tried to run each of the example macros, but with no success. Each time I get the error: Run-time error '1004': Unable to get the Formula property of the Series class When I click on Debug it takes me to the following line of code: mySrs.Formula = WorksheetFunction.Substitute(mySrs.Formula, strFrom, strTo) Can anyone give me some insight as to why t...

how to define path for chart export?
I was trying to use a macro to export excel chart as a PNG file using Chart.export How shall I define the folder that i want the file to be exported to? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Got the solution. Just add the path in front of the filename will do ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

chart datapoint color
Hi all. I am using conditional formatting to show if a value in a cell is good or bad (green or red). Is there a way to do the same thing when I chart these values? Good datapoints = green colums, bad ones red (based on the color of the cell where the datapoint comes from)? Regards, Wolfgang. You can't format the chart based on the colours in the source data, but Jon Peltier has some instructions for creating conditional charts: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Wolfgang Huell wrote: > Hi all. > > I am using conditional formatting ...

extracting R-squared value from a chart
Hello, I have a scatter chart with a power trendline. The R-squared value is displayed. I did find formulae that I can use to calculate the c & b value (for the equation y=c*x^b) directly from the data. My question is whether there is a formula that I can use to either: a-extract the R-squared value from the chart, or b-calculate the R-sqared value directly from the data and equation values (c & b). I hope that makes sense. It's been a looooong time since I've used Statistics, so I may have used some terms incorrectly. If so, I apologize. Let me know a...

Hyperlink to a chart worksheet
I have a "table of contents" worksheet. It lists a number of other worksheets in the spreadsheet and provides hyperlinks to those sheets. However, I can't find a way to provide a hyperlink to a chart worksheet. The chart worksheet is not listed in the bookmarks, and there doesn't seem to be a way to name a range in a chart that I can point the hyperlink to. Can anyone suggest a solution please? ...

Iexplorer closes but does not go away
XP Pro on a Toshiba laptop. Internet Explorer Version 8. I was having a lot of trouble with the computer. It would freeze up, the quick launch bar wouldn't work, it would take something like 15 minutes to shut down. Looking at the processes, I suddenly noticed that the iexplore process was running when the browser had been closed and was no longer running. In fact, it was even there multiple times at least once. When I stopped the iexplore process, suddenly the computer started acting normal again. So it seems that after opening Iexplorer and then eventually closing i...

ignore this
this should appear on excelforum soon Unfortunately, programs counting unanswered posts don't make a distinction that something should be ignored. We see the post whether we want to or not. ...

How to link trendline equation in graph to cell?
I can display a trendline equation in a graph but wish to link this equation to a particular cell. I know I can copy and paste it but the cell equation woln't update when the raw data changes. Also the LINEST function woln't work because the raw data is not linear. Thank you Help for LINEST/LOGEST is extremly misleading. They fit functions that are linear in the unknown coefficients (not just straight lines) which includes all chart trendlines. For polynomials see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm For logarithmic trendlines see http://groups-beta....

Any ways to go Palm to Outlook without losing custom fields in contacts?
Hi, I've tried to convert my pda phone data from palm desktop to outlook, however in the contacts some custom fields that I had created in palm desktop are not carried over to Outlook 2003, I used the method of syncing with palm desktop then reinstalled palm software to use outlook as the sync client and then syncing it again with the phone. Most of the data has been carried over, except custom fields e.g. I have some custom data regarding completion of contracts, no of properties owned by person etc, but they are not carried over. Any one done this before? Thanks, Julius Juliu...

Multiple chart series for Pivot Chart
Hi All, I have a few thousand rows of data, with columns such as Calendar Quarter, Calendar Month, Calendar Week, Ship Date (which feeds the aforementioned columns by formula), Serial Number and Service Plan. There are several other columns (ok, several dozen), but those are the relevant ones. For the sake of ease, I have these sorted via PivotTable. By row, they're ordered by Quarter and Month, and by Column they're ordered by the values in the Service Plan column (either Service or Warranty [IE no service]). Currently, the returned values in the data portion of the table ...

Finding Data Point INSIDE a Trend Line?
I built an Excel chart using two columns of data. Each column of data is represented by a single line on an Excel chart. I then added a Trend Line using Excel's built-in Polynomial function. I'm using Excel's Polynomial Trend Line and I set it to 2nd Order Polynomial. Now... Here is what I need from those "Trend Lines": I need to get my hands on the actual "data points" that make up each Polynomial Trend Line. NOT the data points that were used to "generate" the Polynomial line it-self. Sounds weird, I know. There are 21 data points (or 21 rows...

chart question #6
i have three columns with numbers and one with a percentage. I would like to create a graph with stacked colunns for the numbers and a line for the percentage on a different axis. is this possible. i know i can do it with regular columns but i need it with stacked columns. On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:21:07 -0800, "frank" <mrfrank73@aol.com> wrote: >i have three columns with numbers and one with a >percentage. I would like to create a graph with stacked >colunns for the numbers and a line for the percentage on >a different axis. is this possible. i know i ca...

How do I set up a circle within a circle chart?
I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents the total amount of something. That is, it represents 100%. I'd like to then have one or more circles inside it to represent subset(s) of the large circle. For example, the large circle might be all people in a zip code. The small circle could be female residents, or left-handed people. It would be neat to be able to have more than one subset circle, but I'd settle for one for now. Ken Wrote: > I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents th > total > amount of something. That is,...

Gantt chart questions
I have an old version (2000 standard) and have created a Gantt chart with it. The chart is small (about 43 lines). After I saved it, reopening the file takes a lot of CPU (about 20 minutes on a P4 2.2 GHz) and large working set (about 900MB). Is this a known issue? Is this problem fixed in a later version or Service Pack? Bill Honaker XID, LTD Remove 'NOSPAM_' to reply via email if you must ...