Trendline erases chart name

When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The
name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When
I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but
it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes
from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.)
I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the
name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
0
Jase (8)

I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the file (my private email, NOT
the group)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jase" <jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The
> name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough.
> When
> I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic,
> but
> it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just
> comes
> from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.)
> I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the
> name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

toolbar name
Hello, I have a simple question that someone maybe able to answer what is the name for the little square to the left of A and above 1 T.I.A Ditchy It's the Select All button: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP052024681033&CTT=4&Origin=CH010006331033 ditchy wrote: > Hello, > I have a simple question that someone maybe able to answer > what is the name for the little square to the left of A and above 1 > T.I.A > Ditchy -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thank you Debra much ...

My name is Aaron Freeman, and this is my story.......................
My name is Aaron Freemanand and this is my story. Thieves broke into my home and got everything - my passport, birth certificate, social security card, and several other priceless items. They could have ruined me financially. I had heard about how LifeLock guarantees identity protection. So I put them to the test. A few days later, I started getting phone calls that the thieves were trying to open new credit accounts using my identity. LifeLock's system worked just like they said it would and stopped the thieves cold. Twenty million Americans have already been victims of the fast...

How do I make a Levy Jennings chart in Excel 2003?
How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory daily QC data? Hi, Jon Peltier shows you how to add your mean and standard deviation lines here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html HTH Martin "RayneLily" <RayneLily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADFC70DF-2277-4430-BDE1-7E41AE2836FF@microsoft.com... > How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory > daily > QC data? Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html .... and isn't it Levey-Jennings ? -- David Biddu...

Basic chart question
Column A contains dates Column B contains the salesman's name Column C contains the gross sales for the day I'm trying to determine if it's true that when a certain salesman is on duty the gross sales increase and when he's absent they decrease. So column B either contains his name or is empty (if he was not working that day). I have no experience with charts, so any help at all will be most appreciated. rgds, DL If it were me, I'd probably look at the data with a Pivot Table and review the average gross sales by salesman. Here is a link to info on Pivot Table...

The underlying connection was closed: The remote name
Hi, I'm new to MS-CRM and am trying to get some given examples working. I've written the code to create a Business hierarchy. I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the code """"The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved."""" Any suggestions or ways to resolve this would be of great help. Regards, Joan Joan, did you simply copied and pasted the sample code into your ASP.NET Web application? string strServer = "myservername"; Check if you assigned the strServer variable the...

surface chart #5
Will excel graph a real surface chart from data in 3 columns (x, y and z), so it's a perspective plot? Ye You have to arrange your data as a table with the x values across the top and the y values down the LH side, and fill in the Z values for each x, y pair. Then select the whole table and go into the surface chart otion. You can change the perspective, magnification, viewing angles etc in the dialog box Happy charting! Maybe. XL's 3D charting capability is rather limited. For more see the Excel/Charts/3D Surface page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-me...

chart rotating
how do rotate (only 90 degree or vertical)the chart?.i need to rotate my chart 90 degree. What chart are you using? Assuming you have a column chart, change it to a bar chart instead. That will change the vertical columns to horizontal bars. cheers teylyn 'The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com) afshin;671209 Wrote: > how do rotate (only 90 degree or vertical)the chart?.i need to rotate my > chart 90 degree. -- teylyn Teylyn -- 'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.postero...

Assign a trendline or threshold
How do I assign and display a threshold or trendline on a chart? For example, I would like to show an established and pre-determined threshold line to show across my bar chart to show if the data lies above or below that mark. So, it would be a straight line across rather than declining or inclining like a trendline does. I have never worked with one and I understand how the trendline can work, but do not know how to display something like this. Is this possible? Hi, Have a look at these examples for adding, threshold, lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunCht...

Cell Linking to Chart Headings
I need to work out how to link part of a chart heading within excel to a cell from another tab within the same excel spreadsheet. The purpose of this is to be able to change one cell in another tab and have it link through to the headings of various charts in other tabs. Can anyone help? You can link a chart title, axis title, data label, or textbox in a chart to a cell. Select the text element in the chart, press the equals key, then select the cell with the mouse. The cell reference appears after the equals sign in the formula bar: =Sheet1!$A$1 The text element in the chart will ...

Is there a way for the x axis in an excel chart to be at the top
Yes, double click the axis, open format menu Specify where the axis is to cut the y-axis. Suppose your max y-axis value is 12, then use this as the place for the x-axis to cut the y-axis. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ddbusch" <ddbusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:861D9727-6F9A-4B0C-B1FC-0D5B772EDC90@microsoft.com... > But remember, where the X axis crosses the Y axis is a property of the Y axis, so you have to double...

how to print chart located on another chart on one page?
I have one chart located as object in another chart. when I print, I get two pages I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart as object' thanks Helmt When you print the master chart (the chart sheet), doesn't it also print the embedded chart? You have to select the master chart and not the embedded chart or just the embedded chart will print. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Helmut" <Helmut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Creating a dynamic asset allocation chart
I was inspired by a recent E-Trade commercial to build a financial portfolio pie chart using Excel. The chart I have in mind would show the percent breakdown of asset allocation (e.g., cash, large cap stocks, small cap stock, etc). This is the data table format I had in mind: Financial Institute (column 1), Allocation (column 2), and Amount (column 3) e.g., BofA Cash $1600 Fidelity Large Cap $1000 Fidelity Cash $101 As I update my allocation, say, move some cash to small cap stocks, the chart would automatically display my new ...

Find team name with highest winning % over multiple years (worksheets)
I am sorting team win/loss data with each year having its own worksheet. On a separate worksheet I list the top 5 highest winning % by using LARGE('2009:2004'!E2:E14). I would like to put the team name and worksheet name in the column adjacent to this. The winning % column is four columns to the right of the team name column. I tried using OFFSET(LARGE('2009:2004'!E2:E14),0,-4), but excel is complaining that the formula I'm entering contains an error. VLookup doesn't appear to work because it will only search on the first column (which is the team name column). I ...

Problems with Pie Charts
I have a long column (about 1000 cells) in my excel spreadsheet which consists of Y (yes) and N (values). When I try to create a pie chart telling me what percentage of N values are and how many values of Y are I get a wrong chart, I do not know how to do this since I do not want to count manually how many Y valuse and X values are in order to do it that way. Is there a way by selecting a the whole column to do this? thanks Hi Try making use of Excel function =COUNTIF(RANGE,CIRTERIA) to find out the number of Y and N, base on these results to create a pie-chart. >-----Original Messag...

Charting for a certain timeframe
Hello, I am learning the in's and outs of excel and charting and need som help. I have a series of numbers that correlate to a time. I need t chart it based on the hour it falls in, and am having very little luck Can anyone help please? Below is the data that I have Type.......CG.........RET........OTH.......DATE........TIME CG............1...........0............0........10/10........16:40 OT............0...........0............1........10/10........17:09 CG............1...........0............0........10/10........17:20 RET..........0............1............0........10/10........1...

Gantt Charts
does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel? Hi Christine for some examples have a look at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timeline.exe http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/ganttchart/index.html and searhc this newsgroup for 'Gantt charts' HTH Frank Christine wrote: > does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel? ...

DPM Error at Erase Tape
Hi, When i try erase a tape a get the following error in DPM server: The detailed inventory of tape failed for the following reason: (ID: 3316) The tape in Stand Alone Drive Tape Library IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 SCSI Sequential Device at Drive IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 SCSI Sequential Device has been written to by some other tape backup application by using an unsupported physical block size . DPM only supports a physical block size between 1024 bytes and 65536 bytes and hence will not be able to read or overwrite the contents of this tape. (ID: 24084). I need help for the solution Hi He...

Formatting all data labels on a chart at once
I have a stacked column chart. How do I format all of the data labels togethor (i.e. to set them all to a smaller font?) I can do one stack at a time, but not all of them. Also I have data for future months that will be populated later, so its not feasible to only format the visible data labels. Thanks! Select the chart, then format the font. Don't select the individual columns to do it. Granted, this will change the font for every item in the chart, but it may be a shorter way. "VancitysFinest" <victorlai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139435934.762750.36150@z14g2...

Pivot Table Field Name
I created a Pivot Table. And I want to do the same report every month. The database fro each motn has the same structure (same number of columns, same headers), but the number of records (the rows are different everyone. I set up a very big range to create the Pivot Table (A1:H1000) although my first month database only has 400 columns. Then in the 2nd month, after I update the database (it has more or less rows than the 1st month), I tried to refresh the data in the Pivot Table. However, it is said:"The PivotTable field name is not valid. To crate a PivotTable, you must use data that is ...

Looking for a dartboard type chart
I'm looking for a chart or graph that looks like a dartboard. I need to be able to split the outside circle into 4 sections, the next circle into 4 sections and be able to put words in them. The inside sections need to be split into 7 sections with words and a separate center bullseye. Any help is appreciated. Using MS Office 2003. Thanks! Vera - You might be able to work something up using a Doughnut chart. This data will give you 4 + 4 + 7 uniquely formatted segments: inner middle outer a 1 b 1 c 1 d 1 e 1 f 1 g 1 h ...

How to update previous org charts created from imported info
I use the Org Chart Wizard to generate my org charts based on an Excel spreadsheet. I spend lots of time entering the specific names and levels for each page, where it should break, etc. I was hoping there was a simple method to use for the next time I need to update the org chart - without having to start all over with a new spreadsheet. I know in Access, you can easily generate new reports based on whatever information is contained in the tables. Is there a similar process for Visio. I want to keep the same structure, page names, etc. - just have it gather its information from a N...

complex chart
Hi! I have the table below, containing 2 Y-values per X-value, i.e. a minimum value and a maximum value for every period (X-axis). There are 6 periods. values from different series can overlap. What is the best way (graph type) to present this table? I guess some tricks should be involved. 1975/1980 1981/1985 1986/1990 a 2500 2700 2700 2900 2900 3000 b 2500 2700 2700 3000 2900 3000 c 2500 2700 2700 2900 3000 3200 d 2800 3000 3000 3100 3200 3500 e 2800 3000 3000 3100 3500 3700 f 2500 2700 2700 3000 3200 3500 g 2500 2700 2700 3000 3200 3400 h 3000 3200 3300 3500 3500 4000 i 3000 3200 3...

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...

Moving data range in chart
I have a spreadsheet that I continually add data to. I have a chart based on the data. My problem is I want the chart to only show the last 5 data points entered in the spreadsheet and continue to do so ass I add more data. Example Data: LOT NUMBER DATA 1 13 2 12 3 14 4 12 5 13 6 15 As I add data I want the chart to show only the last 5 entries (in this case lots 2-6). Is there a simple way to do this? ...