Trend line #2

Help! Can you use the trend line in Excel on a month by month basis?
I’m using the trend line over a 12 month period Oct-02 to Sep-03 I have just changed the months to Nov-02 to Sep-03 have been given totally difference in trend lines. It this possible??
Last month the trend line indicated a 14% increase and with the new months is show a 60% decrease!

Thanks

0
TonyJones (1)

Tony -

How well do your trendlines match each year of data?  If the data is
curved, with an upwards slope early and a steeper downward slope in
later months, you might see this kind of change.

Things like trendlines and regression are good analytical tools, but you
still need to exercise some judgment over the results.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

tony wrote:

> Help! Can you use the trend line in Excel on a month by month basis?
> I’m using the trend line over a 12 month period Oct-02 to Sep-03 I have just changed the months to Nov-02 to Sep-03 have been given totally difference in trend lines. It this possible??
> Last month the trend line indicated a 14% increase and with the new months is show a 60% decrease!
>

> Thanks

Problem sending #2
When i send mail out in Outlook Express it gets delivered but it does not get logged into the send folder. I checked the options folder to have the mail placed in the send folder afer being sent. I get a error message after it is sent. Anyone know what this could be? Thanks awosolu@bellsouth.net <awosolu@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When i send mail out in Outlook Express it gets delivered but it does > not get logged into the send folder. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Be sure to include the exact text of the error message. -- Brian Tillman ...

macro help #2
I have a workbook with 52 sheets (52 weeks). In cell A1 I have a week number "1", "2" etc. I want the sheets to change their names according to that number, i.e. "Group #.... and the number is taken from A1. How do I do this? This is the workbook that gives me a list of people on vacation on a given week. I have everything else worked out just want to rename those tabs so next year when I enter group # in A1 on the first sheet it will change the all the names of tabs according to it (I have to update this manually every year because it not always starts with group #1)....

PUBLISHER 97 #2
Hi. I have a problem - my original MS Pub 97 CD was 'crunched' (400pces) by an overspeeding drive. After reinstalling - and using other versions (Pub 98 / 2000) the rsponse I keep getting is "Publisher cannot open files from a different version"??? Does anyone have a similar experience, or a solution? Thanks (in advance) for your help. Smithy Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Smithy <nlpcntre@singnet.com.sg> > I have a problem - my original MS Pub 97 CD was 'crunched' > (400pces) by an overspeedin...

why does Equal sign not appear on the formula bar #2
next to the function button as it did in Excel 2000?? Why did they create this function wizard and make things more cumbersome?? Only the developers know why they did away with this in Excel 2002 and 2003. The return of this feature is on the wishlist for the next version. Adoption and Implementation of features on the wishlist is a whole 'nother matter. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:17:06 -0800, pvmonsour <pvmonsour@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >next to the function button as it did in Excel 2000?? Why did they create >this function wizard and ma...

NameLocal Property #2
I'm trying to create a localized name with the NameLocal property in the French version of Excel but it doesn't work. If I do the following: Names.Add Name:="Period", NameLocal:="P�riode", RefersTo:="=Test!$C:$C" NameLocal will have the same value as Name, that is "Period". Thanks! ...

Conditional formatting using indirect reference and "AND" #2
When the folowing formulae are entered into a cell in excel... This yeild the value "false": =AND(L1>INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW($A4),COLUMN($AD4), 4,TRUE,"data")),L1<INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW($A4),COLUMN($AE4), 4,TRUE,"data"))) This yields the value "true": =AND(M1>INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW($A4),COLUMN($AD4), 4,TRUE,"data")),M1<INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW($A4),COLUMN($AE4), 4,TRUE,"data"))) When the same are used in conditional formatting, there is no change in appearance of one cell or the other. I am trying to format conditionally some cel...

CRM 1.2 SDK?
Hi Group, These two sentences are from CRM 1.2 SDK Documentation: - A user can share business objects with a team or can assign business objects to a team. - The Microsoft CRM application does not support business- object assignment to teams. ....on the same page! Am I missing something? Ivan Celeketic I have not verified this but what this means that while the system allows a user to share business objects with a team the SDK does not allow you to achieve this programatically "ivan celeketic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:568501c3e4f5$53...

stop WORD from captialize the first letter in every line
I need to option to stop WORD from changing the first letter in every line to uppercase. Office button => Word Options => Proofing tab => AutoCorrect Options... button => AutoCorrect tab => Capitalize first letter of sentences Yves "flucas31" <flucas31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851D1560-F8EC-478E-8A29-02EE577E993F@microsoft.com... >I need to option to stop WORD from changing the first letter in every line >to > uppercase. Also, don't press Enter at the end of every line (unless you're typing poetry)....

Share Calendar #2
My wife and I have Outlook 2003 and have a simple home network. Can we share each others Contacts and Calendar? Regards you need a 3rd party tool http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messag...

The operation failed. An object could not be found #2
I just bought a new computer that has Outlook 2003 installed on it, and would prefer to use this as my default email program. However, after setting up my email account in Outlook when I try to send and receive email I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". I have already tried deleting the .srs files due to another thread suggested that, and I have tried deleting the current profile and created a new one. Neither option has helped. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated. David wrote: > I just bought a new computer that has Out...

Cache Mode #2
If this is a bug if user cannot set " Out of Office " when the user is using cache mode ? Ed Ed [MCT] <edward@sawed.net> wrote: > If this is a bug if user cannot set " Out of Office " when the user > is using cache mode ? It may not be a bug, but it's unusual. Speak to the people who administer the Exchange server. -- Brian Tillman In news:OLgL8DXAHHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Ed [MCT] <edward@sawed.net> typed: > If this is a bug if user cannot set " Out of Office " when the user > is using cache mode ? > > Ed OOF ...

Retrieve unique items with 2 criteria (USING SUMPRODUCT)
This question was posted before but the solution proposed used different functions. I would like to insist. Is there a modification to the formula below, using SUMPRODUCT, that allows to retrieve the number of unique itens that meet a 2nd criteria? Original formula: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A20,A1:A20&"")) In my case, I need the numbers of unique branches (column B) that meet a specifc criteria in another column (M). So, I have the formula: =SUMPRODUCT((all!$B$2:$B$5514<>"")/COUNTIF(all!$B$2:$B$5514,all!$B$2:$B$5514&...

Publisher 2002 #2
Does any one have a copy of publisher 2002? The majority of users here have a copy of Publisher 2002 - don't you? What is your major malfunction? -- ...

Sort Macro #2
I would like to build a sort macro that allows a user to click on the column header(like a hyperlink) and have the excel spread sheet update to that sort. Instead of the user going up and using the tool sort function. Similar to how microsoft outlook would update the sort when you click on date. In the excel case I would really be clicking on cell A1 or A2, etc. right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) [SortRange].Sort Key1:=Cells(1, activecell.column), _ Order1:=xlAscending,Orientation:=x...

contact fields #2
Can I add fields to my contacts in Outlook2003 stored in exchange? I would love to a "county" field that the user can sort the display or search on it. Thanks, Raul Rego Check out the All Fields page of any contact. It has a New button.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jjk" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:uWAxY0BRFHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can I add fields to my contacts in Outl...

How to make Three Bars and one line with a second axis in EXCEL
I want to make a Chart in EXCEL such that I canhave three or more BARS and one Line..The line I want in a second axis. Let's say you have three series that you want for bars and one that you want plotted as a line. Create a bar chart using all 4 series. Select the series that you want to change to a line and right click on the series. You can change the chart type for the series at this point. I believe it will put it on a secondary axis automatically. "JAS123" wrote: > I want to make a Chart in EXCEL such that I canhave three or more BARS and > one Line..T...

Excel Resolution Bug/Problem/Virus #2
Yes it is set to Normal 96 DPI. If you guys don't know, any ideas on how I might find someone that does know? -- d1sc0rd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ d1sc0rd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14812 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=264411 what are you talking about?!?!? >-----Original Message----- > >Yes it is set to Normal 96 DPI. If you guys don't know, any ideas on how >I might find someone that does know? > > >-- >d1sc0rd >----...

Adding Address line 3 to GP Forms
Several of our customers/vendors have addresses that include a 3rd Address Line (above City, State, Zip). However, in all of our GP forms, only Address Line 1 & 2, plus City/State/Zip where added. These all appear to be calculated fields on the report and I can see where Address Line 3 is available to be chosen - HOWEVER, I am an absolute novice when it comes to doing calculated fields in Report Writer. By using the manual and looking at how the other address lines where created, I've got the general gist of it; However, when I created "Ship To Address Line 4" (to i...

FTP Connections #2
I have noticed an increase in CPU utilization when I use an CFtpFileFind object against a remote machine when the remote machine contains a large number of files in the current directory. The CFileFind does NOT use a * search but limits the find to an exact prefix. For example, I might look for a set of files like myfileprefix.* but I will never search for *.doc. Any ideas? "mark" <mark.brownstein@factiva.com> wrote: >I have noticed an increase in CPU utilization when I use >an CFtpFileFind object against a remote machine when the >remote machine contains ...

Thunderbird 3 to 2
Hello all I have recently upgraded Thunderbird from 2 to 3, and I much prefer 2. How does one 'downgrade' TB 3 to 2 ? Is this possible without losing all mail etc ? XP, SP3 TIA remove fred before emailing Registered Linux User 490858 Ask here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=39 scbs29 wrote: > Hello all > I have recently upgraded Thunderbird from 2 to 3, and I much prefer 2. > How does one 'downgrade' TB 3 to 2 ? Is this possible without losing > all mail etc ? > XP, SP3 > TIA > remove fred before emailing > Registered ...

my 2 updates wont install
they say important but its to do with microsoft office and stuff but anyone it says error half way through dunno why the error is ''code 646'' george wrote: > they say important but its to do with microsoft office and stuff > but anyone it says error half way through dunno why the error is > ''code 646'' Manual installation of the update(s) work? (Actually visiting the individual web page for each, downloading/saving the patch and running the executable as administrator manually.) Operating System, Service Pack, Architecture (32 or 64-bit...

cannot find copy design folder command under file menu #2
I want to Copy the design of a folder so that all the folders have same fields in same order such as priority,attachment from,subject etc On the outlook 2003 help menu it gives following steps to copy design of folder however my problem is that under folders on file menu I cannot see click Copy Folder Design. the command is "copy floder name is given & if I use this command whole folder is copied & not the design Help menu text is as follows "On the Go menu, click Folder List. In the Folder List, click the folder you want to copy. On the File menu, point to Folder, ...

Converting currency to text and spliting to two lines
I have mangaged trough a google search to get the code to convert currency in cell to text in another for printing cheques etc. The problem is that once the text exceeds 40 characters i need it to go onto another line. Can someone please advise how i can split this at a space if more than 40 characters and put second half in a specific cell. eg line one of text is in cell B2 and Line two in cell B4 so Cell B2 would say "Five Hundred and Sixty Five Pounds and Twenty" and cell b4 would say "five Pence" The conversion code is below. '*******...

In 3D ref. can non-contiguous sheets appear? #2
I know that Sheet1:Sheet3!A1:F1 can be named. But Can I have Sheet1 & Sheet3 (excluding sheet2 ?) If so, what would be the notation? Thanks Drag the Sheet2 tab to the *right* of the Sheet3 tab, OR Drag the Sheet2 tab to the *left* of the Sheet1 tab. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eTOoq6EsHHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... I know that Sheet1:Sheet3!A1:F1 can be...

retrieving the XmlEnumAttribute and the enum-values (2)
This post is a followup to the thread "retrieving the XmlEnumAttribute values for an Enum" in this same forum earlier this month, since my last query in that thread went unanswered. I have an enum defined (DotNet v2) as public enum velocityUom { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlEnumAttribute("m/s")] ms = 21, [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlEnumAttribute("cm/a")] cma, ... } My original post was to ask how I could retrieve the XmlEnumAttribute values for this Enum so that I could create a combo box with values like "m/s", &qu...