Time line in excel graph

I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after
the line is the future predicted outcomes. I've tried countless different
options and cant seem to find how to do this!

0
Wilkesy50 (6)

Hi,

There are various ways of addressing this problem.
See the following for examples of adding lines to charts.

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Many Thanks,

Nicole

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are various ways of addressing this problem.
> See the following for examples of adding lines to charts.
>
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
> http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
> http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Wilkesy50 wrote:
> > I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after
> > the line is the future predicted outcomes. I've tried countless different
> > options and cant seem to find how to do this!
> >

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Wilkesy50 (6)
4/27/2005 11:32:07 AM
Hi,

Ok lets start with what type of chart and data do you currently have?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
4/27/2005 12:41:50 PM
It is a line chart. Across the bottom are some dates (random months...well I
tried to have random months like in my original chart, but I couldnt get that
so it's periods of three months). Up the side are total point numbers. The
series line charts the total point numbers, and at a certain point i need a
line to signify the present, and then afterwards predicted results.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ok lets start with what type of chart and data do you currently have?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>

> Wilkesy50 wrote:
> > That's great Andy, Thanks. BUT it's a bit complicated for me to follow! Is
> > there anywhere where I can find an 'idiots guide'?
> >
> > Many Thanks,
> >
> > Nicole
> >
> > "Andy Pope" wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>There are various ways of addressing this problem.
> >>See the following for examples of adding lines to charts.
> >>
> >>http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
> >>http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
> >>http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm
> >>
> >>Cheers
> >>Andy

> >>--
> >>
> >>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >>http://www.andypope.info
> >>

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Wilkesy50 (6)
4/27/2005 2:50:02 PM
Hopefully this quick example will help with the datum line and your
other post regarding split series.

http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng38.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)

Awesome list of Excel/Word/Powerpoint shortcuts!
Hi, everybody! I recently discovered a great keyboard shortcut list for the office applications. It seems to have practically every shortcut imaginable and it fits on one page too! I printed it out and put on the wall next to my monitor -- just great!. Thought you would appreciate it... Here's the link to the PDF file. Hit print and you're ready to go. http://www.prihodko.com/msoffice/Office_2003_Shortcuts.pdf Lindy Hi Lindy, For Excel, I like Chip Pearson's Excel Keyboard Shortcuts page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm There is also a d...

How do I set up inches per Minute/Second in Excel
I need to know how to take a known inch per Minute and divide by a known measurement and displayed as minutes and seconds. The answer of the equation (minutes and seconds) is where I'm having trouble. Actually, you need to divide your measured length by the known rate (inches per minute). This gives you the number of minutes, but to display using m:ss format you need to divide by 1440, the number of minutes per day (since Excel counts time as the fraction of a day). So put your measurement in A2, your rate in B2, and this formula into C2: =A2/B2/1440 Then format C2 using a custom...

Excel Functions #2
hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to do this, because im fairly novice with excel: Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn green if the cell value is between 110 and 105 i want it to turn yellow if the cell value is below 105 i want it to turn red any help would be seriously appreciated. thanks spotseven wrote: > hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to > do this, because im fairly novice with excel: > > Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn gr...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Chart Series Line Editing before building
I have a client chart that graphs data over multiple years. Each year data is in it's own worksheet and I have pre-defined these data ranges to automatically build the line graph charts as the client enters the data. These charts are then built on a seperate worksheet by month for the client. My problem. How do I change the line in the graph, both color and format, before the chart series even builds. For instance, for say January 2005, which has not had data entered yet, the default line that will build is thin and a light blue, hard to see on screen. I want a heavy, dark green, smo...

Outlook 2007 email sorting by time of day then date
I would like to sort all emails received by time of day 1st then by date. Haven't found an easy way to do this as the received time shows as all in one field ie (mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss). Could get query builder to work for me. ...

Custom entities and attributes Off Line
Hi, Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook client... Pl advice... regards Hi, Yes, you can access custom entities and attributes when you are offline on the Laptop client. Please remember to specify what data you want to sync in Local Data Groups in the Outlook client. HTH, Niths "S" wrote: > Hi, > > Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and > entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook ...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Excel's localization of scientific notation
Does Excel use "E+" and "E-" for scientific notation for all locales? Or are there some locales for which it uses different characters? Thanks, Greg I'm pretty sure that the E is universal. If it were not, it would have been in the list of international symbols. Look here for more info about international issues: http://www.rondebruin.nl/international.htm#strings -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Greg Lovern" <gregl@gregl.net> wrote in message news:82e5afbe-a4ba-4f5f-ac41-ac7b41519d67@h40g2000prf.googl...

2003 excel
I would like to change the cell color if there is a "r" found in it. All the cells are in the same colum and there are also numbers in the cells with the "r". Can anyone help ? Assume data in col A Select the col, then apply conditional formatting using Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("r",A1)) Format to taste > OK out Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be case sensitive -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:16,400 Files:356 Subscribers:53 xdemechanik --- "Dave" wrote: > I would like to change the cell color if ...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

HELP: Excel userform version control issue
Hi All, I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue I am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then using it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as they have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive. Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup message saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch the form from Intranet for newer version". Thanks in advan...

drawing a graph
im not too experienced in drawing graphs in excel. here is what i trying to do. y-axis: 100 - 0, at increments of 10 0.000 000.0 0.092 004.3 003 008 0.126 005.0 0.172 008.0 0.216 016.0 0.287 021.0 0.392 030.0 029 049 0.536 041.0 0.643 065.0 0.732 084.0 000 089 0.879 099.0 090 100 1.000 100.0 100 1.200 100.0 1.366 100.0 PROBLEM 1: i want to have a gridline at every x-value (column 1), no at some scaled amount. PROBLEM 2: i want to draw a line from 100 to 0, making a perfec diagonal line. PROBLEM 3: i want to draw points, not lines, that correspond with th x-axis (column 3) i dont have t...

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item
Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I want only one amount reported. Account Name X $x Account Name X (cash) $Y Using Money 2004. Thx Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you want. "Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com> wrote in message news:hmnXf.210000$H%4.1...

Error in code exportin tables to excel
I'm tryin to export a table to excel with the code: Private Sub Command4_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "F01_UT" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, F01_UT, "C:\TRY\Tbls", True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click End Sub However, Access displays the message: Compile error : Syntax error What I'm doing wrong? If I want to export more tablas do I have to write more lines (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpr...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

exclude zero plot in graph
=IF(AE26="","",AE26/SUM(AE26:AF26:AF26)) in a cell yeilds a "blan k cell: GOOD in line graph, lines drop to 0. I just want last value plotted. All values updated daily. I can't pick up the fin al data for the day as all lines drop to 0. Hi, This revision will not plot a marker. The line will connect between the nearest actual data points. =IF(AE26="",NA(),AE26/SUM(AE26:AF26:AF26)) Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Deskpilot" <Deskpilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25E8E74...

emailing spreadsheet within excel
I have a user that has sent her spreadsheet as an attachment using the Send To Function. We use Outlook. Now, it seems as if the Send To option has lost its settings and is now trying to set up an Internet account instead of using the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Anyone know how to reset the Send To settings in Excel? Thanks! ...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Transfer Macro in Excel
I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process macro at the line. Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END") The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

Excel #2
College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? Choose File>Properties On the Summary tab, check 'Save preview picture. Click OK Tech Coor wrote: > College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...