Time axis format problems

Hi

I would like to use a time axis to start at 1st January 1999, end at 20th
August 2008 and mark every 1st of the interim years with the number of the
year (i.e. 2000). But somehow, when I try to modify the time axis I am asked
to give a number around 36000 for the staring and ending time and I can only
set day differences for main lines. How can I handle the leap year
problematic.

Greets, Fabian
0
fabian (11)

Hi,

I think you're going to have to resort to a custom axis.

Jon Peltier has a step by step for this type of problem at:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Fabian" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to use a time axis to start at 1st January 1999, end at 20th
> August 2008 and mark every 1st of the interim years with the number of the
> year (i.e. 2000). But somehow, when I try to modify the time axis I am asked
> to give a number around 36000 for the staring and ending time and I can only
> set day differences for main lines. How can I handle the leap year
> problematic.
>
> Greets, Fabian

2007 Runtime Problems
I have a 2003 database that has been converted to 2007 and all code compiled. All references are intact. It is fully functional as an .ACCDB using both access 2007 and runtime 2007. When converted to an ACCDE, the following errors appear: Function is not available in expressions in query expressions (Function Expression). Both in Access 2007 and runtime 2007. If I build a package and install as an .ACCDR, all functionality is restored. Since this application is constantly changing and is used by a multitude of people this deployment is not possible. Does anyone know how to create ...

Conditional formating #11
I want to change the background of a whole line in a worksheet every where where the value of a cell in that line is X. =indirect("rc",0)= "x" only changes the background in the cell not the whole line Don't know why you are using indirect, but select the whole row and use a formula of =$A1="x" oe whatever cell it is -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f6201c51f1c$52896ad0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to change the background of ...

Format last row printed
I have code that sets the border around the printed area prior to printing. I works fine on a single sheet, but if the print area is over several sheets, the bottom of the border prints on the last page. Is there a way to set the border on each page? Thanks in advance Vince The only way I know to do that is to first figure out (trial & error) how much of your data will print on one sheet if that range has a border. Then setup a macro to sequentially place the border and print that size range all the way through your data. That way the whole will be printed and ea...

problems with an accdb saved as an mdb
I have some customers who have 2003, so I sent them an accdb converted to a 2003 version. When we open it in 2003, most of the toolbars are missing. It acts a lot like a runtime version. Also, some of the macros don't make it through the transition. -- Christy Wyatt Regarding the missing menu/toolbars, under: Office Button | Access Options | Current Database make sure you have checked the boxes for: Allow Full Menus Allow Built-in Toolbars (The Toolbars option does not exist for ACCDB, only MDB.) The macros that did not make it are probably the new embedded macros. If ...

Format Data Table
I am using Excell 2003. I have a bar chart that indicates; the number of prod A, prod B, prod C and the Total # of products, by month; April Ex: A=100, B= 200, C=50 and total = 350. My chart has a data table listed below the chart. My boss wants me to eliminate the "total" column from my graph but keep it in the data table. Is there a way to do this? I can eliminate the "total" column from the graph, but that also takes it out of the data table. Does anyone know how to keep it in the table but not in the graph itself? I would appreciate any help you can giv...

Page "shifting" problem with print/print preview
Hi all, this problem has dragged me for weeks and I still haven't got a clue of what's happening. Our company has bought a MFC library and we made a "Document Designer" out of it. It generally is a visio like app in which you can design the "templates" of your documents such as invoice and such. Then later when you are printing the data is imported from a database. All work fine except that when the documents are thousands of pages long, you can see the pages "shifting" down in print preview (and also in printing since they share the same code) and eventua...

Problems on converting CString to an unsigned long
Hi, I fail when this code is trying to convert a cstring to an unsigned long. I get "Unhandled exception in MyProgramName.exe: 0XC000005:access Violation" Any help is surely appreciated. CString cs="1234567" ul_UID = *(DWORD*) _ttoi(cs); // unit id Thanks, JT >I fail when this code is trying to convert a cstring to an unsigned long. >I get "Unhandled exception in MyProgramName.exe: 0XC000005:access Violation" > >CString cs="1234567" > ul_UID = *(DWORD*) _ttoi(cs); // unit id Assuming you even need the cast, try: ul_UID = (DWO...

PROBLEM WITH URL'S and OUTLOOK MAIL
Windows XP. Office 2003. Often, when I receive emails on my office computer (frequently forwarded from home or other source), the url's appear in the http://www. form without the picture or underlying web information. Clicking on each url brings up the appropriate screen. The behavior is very much what you get in an email that ends up in the junk folder before it is moved to a regular mail folder. What is going on here? How do I fix the receiving computer to display the emails properly? Thank you. "its_my_dime" wrote in message news:%23WXPZXVhIHA.5280@TK2MSFTNGP0...

CFormView
I have a CFormView that I'm using ResizeParentToFit() and over-riding CMainFrame::RecalcLayout(). Everything works fine - except the left-hand panes of the statusbar are getting clipped in the resize/recalc. How do I fix this? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

I need a Guru! Meeting requests with optional times and limited seats
Hi all can anyone help me out with this problem? I have to schedule a meeting for 100 people and the room can only hol 27 people at a time so I want to have 4 meetings at different times an I want the people to be able to choose which meeting time they want. If they choose a time slot that�s filled up I want it to notify them t choose another time. How do I do that with ONE outlook meeting request? (people her ar sending 4+ meeting requests and telling people to choose only 1 and it kind of getting messed up plus the max number of people is not bein controlled) If it cant be done is th...

X Axis Data
im trying to produce a line graph, with data showing year and rainfall amounts, but when i create the graph its not showing the year in the x axis its just labels them 1,2,3 etc and not 1985, 1990 etc why is this Make sure your data has year in one column and rainfall in the next. Select both columns of data when you create an XY Scatter chart (not a Line chart). Excel will use the first column for the X data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ RJ831JK wrote: > im trying to produce a ...

How to rip Blu-ray movies to audio format like MP3
[b]How to rip Blu-ray movies to audio format like MP3[/b] If you've got a portable MP3/media player, you may be wondering what audio format and bitrate combination is best? If you're not going to be using high-end audiophile equipment in the future to listen to your digital music library, then the MP3 file format is best. It's an old algorithm but one that gives good results and is the most compatible audio format of them all. Most popular songs and movies are too expensive to buy. We usually want to convert songs (form movies) to a portable MP3/media player. Some of us tr...

Listbox and combo problem
Hi, I created a simple form with no record source. I just want to set some parameters through it. I placed on it a listbox (lstCommande) and a combobox (cboLogoRepas) with no record source to start with. Their record source is set in the Form_Load Event. When the form is displayed the two lists do not work. The list and the combo do not allow any selection (the contents is OK in both). What could be the problem? Here's the Form_Load code: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim strSql As String MsgBox "lngIdRés = " & lngIdRés ' Fill the list. s...

Custom paper size problem please Help
Hi I created a custom paper size named "Bar" in this way : control panel -->printers-->file-->server properties-->new form then i create a report in access2002 and set the paper size to "Bar" the custom paper which I created above . the problem is when I put the program on another computer the report which i create white custom paper "Bar" does not print correctly and when I check the paper size for the report on another computer it set to paper size "Letter". I must say that Befor copying the program on the another computer I Am creating th...

MAcro Problem (probably easy) #3
I think you both responded to my mistake post! Sorry. Any help on th macro -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26505 hi, post your code. >-----Original Message----- > >I think you both responded to my mistake post! Sorry. Any help on the >macro? > > >-- >bludovico >---------------------------------------------------------- -------------- >bludovico'...

2003 Rule problem: Offline "Sent" mail is not processed when going back online
Hi, I have rules that sort sent messages to different folders based on different message attributes (addresses, subjects, ..) In order to not get duplicates of all mails, I have turned off the general switch "Save copies..." of outgoing mail (/Tools/Options/E-mail options) and instead built a hierarchy of rules for all outgoing mail (including a rule for "what's left"). All this works great when I'm on line. However, when I go offline, messages gets stored in the Outbox and is hence not processed by the rules. When I go on-line again, the message is immediatley ...

Need help adjusting time
I am trying to figure out how to develop a cell formula that will adjust the time on entered data. I use Hobo data loggers to collect temperatures every 4 hours from October to May. I set the time on the logger at launch according to a WWVB radio clock, hopefully to the nearest second or so. On recovery, I record the actual WWVB time as compared to the logger time, and not unexpectidly, there is always some descepency. The data, which includes the date and time of each record is loaded into an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to be able to create a column of cells beside the loggers' t...

Help with Conditional Formatting #3
Hi, I have a spreadsheet. Column A has a question. The next 6 columns have the answer. The next column has the right answer. Is there a way I can do conditional formatting so that the right answer is formatted with a gray background to show it is right. I like having the answer at the end but I was hoping not to have to manually gray each correct answer box. Thanks in advance. I know I might need an IF statement too or something. Select cells B2:H100 (or whatever the rows are) Goto Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition 1 To Formula Is Add a formula of =B2=$I2 Click Format Selec...

Problems when printing large workbooks
In Excel, we often have to print out large workbooks that contain multiple pages. This is difficult and time consuming as often you have to print each page individually as selecting "entire workbook" on the print screen results in all pages coming out the same size, regardless of whether or not each page needs to be made smaller, often pages are made far too small to read unnecessarily. If you re-size each individual page you can spend 1/2 day printing out two or three workbooks. ...

Problem in adding new menu item to existing menu in GP #2
I want to add new form in Tools->Setup->Sales->new form. I had created procedure in which i am using AddCommandToMenu function to add menu. Status = AddCommandToMenu(DYNAMICS, resourceid(form Command_Sales), resourceid(command CL_Sales_Setup of form Command_Sales), Seq, CMD_BUILTINCMD_DICTID, resourceid(form Command_IOP), resourceid(command Cmd_IOP of form Command_IOP), true, MENULOAD_TOTABLE); I create new cnk file for this. I open GP it include my code and when i open Tools->Setup->Sales-> then it will show me a separator only. Is it right way to add new menu item under...

PowerPoint 2007-Formatting Hyperlinks
How do you change the color of hyperlinks in 2007? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CAC6B8.89E7EA80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Have a look here www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00546.htm=20 --=20 Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "SueW" <SueW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:FBFA1989-C534-478C-B992-A27696F7DFC7@microsoft.com... > How do you change the color of hyperlinks in 2007? ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CAC6B8.89E7EA80 Content-Ty...

anyone know where to set the transaction number format?
Hi, Deos anyone know where to set the transaction number format. I need to set the transaction number from 7 digit to 6 digit. regards Dennis Dennis, The Transaction number started with 1. Are you saying that you have used a million numbers already? SO Administrator | File | Connect | put in your password | Database | Set next Transaction Number -- * "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB499B32-9A24-4090-896E-DF0644467DCC@microsoft.com... Hi, Deos anyone know where to set the transaction number format. I need to set the transaction numb...

budget: one time payment feature
Hello anybody who has breaved the reallocating features of the budgeting tool. Any ideas on how to afd things like transfers into and out of budget accounts on M04 budgets using the one-time item feature? I have some strange expenses and incomes this month that make me look way off on my budget. Total loss on a car has me swinging money around from asset accounts into checking accounts and loan accounts I don't want to carry this error all year long so wanted to clean itup using the one time feature but it is only for expenses and income not for "Special" transfers into and ...

html format #2
Hello everyone For a mysterious reason, outlook 2002 stopped allowing me to create messages in html format altogether. If the option for new mail is set to html format, whenever I click on NEW....nothing happens regardless of the fact that word is or isn't chosen as the email editor....(reclicking 23 times doesn't help either). However, it opens the familiar new message screen if the option is set to either rtf or plain text. Any help will be greatly appreciated Vassilis ...

Auto Format #2
This is interesting: I wish to apply one of the auto-formats to my selection of cells, and... IT DOES NOT WORK; I select the range of cells, properly select auto-format, etc. HOWEVER, IF I GO TO A BLANK WORKBOOK, THEN SELECT A GROUP OF BLANK CELLS...APPLY THE AUTO FORMAT...IT WORKS... THEN, I "COPY AND PASTE SPECIAL" (formatting only) INTO THE ORIGINAL WORKSHEET, AND IT WORKS!! Please help! I do not wish to copy and paste special. FLKulchar I have had similar problems with formatting when I use a file that was converted from Lotus to Excel. Other than that, I'm stum...