Tightening up range in a Line Chart

This appears pretty basic, but I can not find a solution.

I am comparing two sets of similar data which are between 800 and
1600.  The Line Chart I have created allows for data on the vetical
axis from 0 to 1800.

 The differences in the data would be more efficiently demonstrated if
the range of the vertical axis were tightened to match the range of
the data.

Is there a way of doing this?

I am working in Excel 2007.

Thanks,

Dano
0
db_murray (4)

Format Axis/ Scale and choose your preferred min & max values instead of the
automatically chosen ones.
--
David Biddulph

"Dano" <db_murray@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This appears pretty basic, but I can not find a solution.
>
> I am comparing two sets of similar data which are between 800 and
> 1600.  The Line Chart I have created allows for data on the vetical
> axis from 0 to 1800.
>
> The differences in the data would be more efficiently demonstrated if
> the range of the vertical axis were tightened to match the range of
> the data.
>
> Is there a way of doing this?
>
> I am working in Excel 2007.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dano

0
David

Adding NonAdjacent Data to a Chart
Whenever I enter new, nonadjacent (columns are separated) to a chart they do not show up, Is this a bug or is there a maximum number of data points to a chart? How are you adding the data? If that's not the problem: Do you have discontiguous X and Y value ranges with many unconnected points? There is a limit to how long the definition of each can be (i.e., the number of characters each uses in the series formula). If empty columns are used for arrangement of the data, you should break the habit of using empty rows and columns for formatting. If it's due to a particular data arr...

Exporting chart from Excel to Word
Hi, I want to copy/paste a graph from Excel to Word. The only problem is that the file is too big, because each graph has 775 kb. How can I export just the graph, without the link to the document and all the information of the graph. I just want to have the "picture" not all the other stuff. Thank you for your help! Mike Middleton wrote: > Heidi - > >> I want to copy/paste a graph from Excel to Word. The only problem is >> that > the file is too big, because each graph has 775 kb. How can I export > just the graph, without the link to the document and all ...

X,Y coordinates on chart
I have to create a char, that when clicked on will return the point of the click. PLEASE, noticed that I will be clicking anywhere on the plot NO on a SERIES of points. In other words, lets say I have a XY chart with these values: x= 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 y= 2,9,4,5,7,2,4,1 If I do an ALEATORY click somewhere on the plot (NOT ON AN ALREADY PLOTTED SERIES!) I will get the values equals or close to the ones shwon above. Thanks! -- lgarcia3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lgarcia3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Combination Charts
For some reason you can have a stacked bar chart on one axis and lines on another axis? Hi, Did you perhaps mean to say you "can not"? If trying to do a bar/line combination you need to use xy-scatter instead of line as you need the line to go vertically. Cheers Andy Gp wrote: > For some reason you can have a stacked bar chart on one axis and lines on > another axis? > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

PivotChart, How to show Grand Totals in the chart?
I want my grand totals to show in my pivotchart, how can I get this accomplished? Thank you I don't know of a way to include the grand total in a PivotChart. You could create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm Kristin wrote: > I want my grand totals to show in my pivotchart, how can I get this > accomplished? > > Thank you -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book L...

XY Chart
This is probably a dumb question, but - I am plotting x & y values that are contained between 1 and 5. There are 29 of these pairs. When I create the chart, there values automatically get spread over the 29 instances, instead of the multiple pairs plotted in a 5 by 5 xy plot. I have spent a lot of timeon this, and it's probably basic. So any help is greatly appreciated. Regards Phill Phill - Sounds like you're making a Line chart. Make an XY Scatter chart. The names are a misnomer; the differences have noting to do with lines and markers, but in how the X axis treats its...

Word 2007 Headings: whole line or nothing
I had a large technical document I worked on in Word 2003 where the beginning of each section had a species name and other information (codes, authorities, etc.). I was able to select just one portion of the line (the name) and assign it to a heading, and have it appear in the Table of Contents. After importing the file in Word 2007, it will not show that text in the ToC, and if I go to reselect it as a Heading style, it will not allow me to select just one part of the line--either the whole line is part of the Heading, or none of it. Doesn't matter if I save the document in ...

Outlook Express 6.0 drops line
Whenever I press "send" in outlook express 6.0 (under w2000) to send mail, outlook initially drops the phone line on the initial attempt. After redialing it is possible to send the mail. Any ideas???? Don Sass <donald_sass_removethisextrastuff@gov.nt.ca> wrote: > Whenever I press "send" in outlook express 6.0 (under > w2000) to send mail, outlook initially drops the phone > line on the initial attempt. After redialing it is > possible to send the mail. > Any ideas???? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospa...

Chart Skew in 2007
In 2001 and 2003 versions of Excel I could click on a slice of a pie chart (or multiples by holding ctrl) and skew it. I could for instance take a pie piece and make the outside "taller" than the middle. However I can't seem to do that with 2007. Can anyone help me? This effect was very useful in my presentations as it made the charts really pop. What do you mean, "skew" a pie slice, or make the outside "taller"? You can single click twice to select a pie chart, then drag that slice away from the center of the pie. You could not select multiples with th...

How can I eliminate old addresses in the drop down on To:line
When I begin to fill out the To: line after I type the first letter, every email address I've ever sent with that letter appears in a drop down box. How do I get rid of some of them but not all of them? Any advice is appreciated. use the arrow key to select it then press Del. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-ti...

Inserting Template truncates subject line text
When I insert a template into an email being written in CRM, it seems to truncate the original text in the subject line, and replace it with that of the template. This is not helpful, as it removes the subject line that should stay with the email, and even though i'm sure another identifier will be added to the email once sent, I have had to type out a manual subject line. An example of this is using templates to store a signature block. Since this didn't happen in 1.2, and I can;t see any way of turning it off, can anyone suggest a workaround, rather than copying & pasting...

Opening large .csv files (over 65,536 lines) with Excel
Hey guys, First my apologies if this has been answered sometime before, but this is a VERY large newsgroup. I have some large .csv files that don't load completely into Excel because they are over 65,536 lines. Is there a way to split the file up, or another program/plugin that will let me view the whole file at once? Thanks in advance, Albinus. Well the classic answers are: -Use Access. -Chop the file up into smaller files with a text editor. -Use a macro. Here's MS's macro. I've never tested it; it might be pretty slow. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

find maximum value in range of fields
Hello Could someone advise/assist with the following: I have fields like the following: Badge Date 1 Badge Date 2 Badge Date 3 etc... to Badge Date 7 What I would like to have happen is when a new badge date is entered the badge dates would cascade -- dropping the oldest date and cascading badge dates -- ( i.e. Badge Date 1 would be the newly entered date - Badge Date 2 would be the date previously in Badge Date 1 - previously in Date 2 goes to Date 3, etc...) OR The ability to pull the maximum ( most current date) from the Badge Date fields. Basically I want to keep the last 7 dates fo...

Dynamic Named Ranges #2
I am trying to build a report in excel that auto updates a query from an access database and I would like to use named ranges to make the formula writing easier. The problem is I dont know exactly how many rows are going to be coming in from the query each time as there is potential for the dataset to grow. Now i have the ranges defined as $A:$A but I am wondering if there is a better way to do this.... Thanks in advnace for your help Chuck -- clane ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Copying vertical and horizontal ranges of cells
Will excel allow me to copy a range of vertical cells on one workboo page to a horizontal range on another page? If so, how? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Checkman............, yes, look up TRANSPOSE in HELP, when you paste there is a transpose option on the dialog. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Checkman >" <<Checkman.17uzi0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote i...

Preserve formatting in Pivot Chart
I have a Pivot Chart with 2 sets of information. Each set is charted differently (one is a column chart, the other a line chart). WHen I refresh both sets default to column chart. Is there a way to preserve the Pivot Chart formatting through refresh? Hi, This is a know problem. Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Craig wrote: > I have a Pivot Chart with 2 sets of information. Each set is charted > differently (one is a column chart, the other a line chart). WHen I refresh > ...

I would like to display the % of a pie chart on the legend
i can put the % next to the text by the graph, but I was hoping to put it on the legend next to the color followed by the description. Is this possible? Hi, Yes but you will need to build the text you want to display in a cell, including a formula to calculate percentage. For a data set in range A1:B5, B1:=Slices A2: =a B2: =1 A3: =b B3: =2 A4: =c B4: =3 A5: =d B5: =4 Put the following formula in C2 and copy down. =TEXT(B2/SUM($B$2:$B$5),"0.0%") & " - " & A2 Create the pie on the range A1:B5 and then via the Source Data dialog change the category labels r...

How to -> Start Excel from command line and run a macro
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a macro. What I want to do is to be able to start this spreadsheet via a BAT file(mainly to schedule the running). But the kicker is to run the Macro. I realize I may have to disable the security to get passed the ENABLE/DISABLE prompt..or is there another way to handle that too? I have gotten close by getting EXCEL to load my spreadsheet but I am stuck on the "right way" to handle the prompt and autostart the macro. Any help will be appreciated. -- Mickey A Assuming that you have Microsoft Excel 2003, this might help: Assistance > E...

Chart with 4 different axis ?
Hello, for a particular analysis I would like to use all 4 axis with different label (scales). Is that feasable, and if so, how can I tackle the task? Thank you in advance! Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. Lamy - Create a chart with two or more data series. Select one data series and use Format Axis to change it to secondary axis. If necessary, use Chart Options to display all axes. Format each axis, paying attention to Patterns tick mark and label locations and to Scale max, min, and crosses at. For more specific instructions, specify your version of Excel. An ...

Link chart in word from excel
Is ther e a way I can take an existing chart from excel and insert it into word, such that it is linked. That is, not just copy and paste. I want it linked like linked data. Thanks in advance -- I may not know VBA inside out, but from the outside I am looking in. Dylan Moran - Melbourne Australia Its ok worked it out, 10 seconds after posting DOH! -- I may not know VBA inside out, but from the outside I am looking in. Dylan Moran - Melbourne Australia "Dylan Moran" wrote: > Is ther e a way I can take an existing chart from excel and insert it into > word, such that it...

Charting the Sum of Two, or More, Series of Data
I know there must be a relatively simple solution to my challenge, short of creating a new series od data which is the sum of desired series. Let's say that I have the following 02/13/2010 02/20/2010 02/27/2010 ... 0-30 $7,072,987 $5,990,448 $8,978,002 31-60 177,472 160,460 142,547 61-90 24,976 25,644 2,413 Rather than tracking two series (0-30 and 31-60) as two separate series on my graph, I would like to track a NEW series called 0-60 which is the sum of these two series: 02/13/2010 02/20/2010 02/27/2010 ... 0-60 $7,250,459 $6...

syntax to concatenate two named ranges?
I need to graph two separate named ranges as a continuous data series. Example: Series 1; "PastMonthActuals" = Sheet2("A1:A3") Series 2; "Projections" = Sheet3("A4:A12") I'm not trying to graph these as separate series, I want it to all be one line. In my real workbook these are dynamic ranges, but this simple example will suffice. What is the best way (syntax) to set up a new named range that concatenates the values so that I can feed it into my graph as one series of 12 points? I've tried the obvious, such as: "AllPts&qu...

Update prices on line not working
When I attempt to update prices in my portfolio via the on line option, I get this message: "Money was unable to connect to the online quote server. Check your internet connection and try again." I have been using Money 2004 for many months, and I have had no problems in the past. My internet connection is OK, because I get the Money updates OK. My ISP is AOL 9.0. Does anyone know whats happening? Al C. I had a similar problem and used some suggests in this forum and got it fixed. Basically, have to go to MSN Money and download "portfolio manager" in the investment...

How to enter output range for Descriptive statistice
Hi I'm trying to get Descriptive statistics summary, and couldn't enter output range. what is the formate? Hi Tahir, I presume you are talking about the analysis toolpak's Descriptive Statistics. If so, under Output options click Output range and then type or click on the top left corner cell where you want the descriptive statistics to appear. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "Tahir Hashmi" wrote: > Hi I'm trying to get Descriptive statistics summary, and couldn't enter > output range. > > what is the formate? ...

Colour gradients in charts
Hello all. Is it possible to create a colour gradient between two linear boundaries parallel to X axis, in any of these ways? A single colour ranging from light to dark or three colours blending from green through amber to red. Have tried inserting a filled rectangle and also importing an appropriate image created in a drawing package. These are okay to a degree but can only be placed in front of the chart covering the data or behind the chart and out of sight. What is needed is a means of visually indicating that all is well, or there is something unusual happening, or that a dangero...