Tick Mark Label Line Wrap

I have an X-Y chart where the X-axis tick mark lables are dates in m/dd
format.

As data is added to where the tick marks become crowded, the labels wrap
rather than automatically realigning at an angle.  If I manually rotate them
to anything other than +/-90 degrees, they become tiny dots.

Other charts I've created automatically adjusted the angle to compensate for
crowding but I can't figure out what parameter setting controls it.

Can anyone help? It would be appreciated.

Mike

0
Mike

I have cox cable no phone line, And Eatel Phones
I would love to have outlook express but I only have cox cable and Eatel phone line so there is no way to get it if so please let me know. Barbara Alexie <Barbara Alexie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would love to have outlook express but I only have cox cable and > Eatel phone line so there is no way to get it if so please let me > know. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. OE will work fine with Cox cable. -- Brian Tillman ...

CEditCtrl with automatic line feed
Hello NG, I hope someone can help. I already have been searching in the web but without success. I use a CEditCtrl, in which one can input several lines. When the input reaches the border, I want the text to "jump" into the next line, so that the user is not supposed to scroll (like here in my mail editor e.g.). Do you know if such a EditCtrl exists or how I can do it? Thanks in advance Guido "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:eZcKcnTbHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello NG, > > I hope someone can help. I already have been se...

adding lines of code to a macro to delete rows
Hello: As the last step of a macro that I have written, I need all rows at the end of this spreadsheet to be deleted. (The rows at the end of the spreadsheet have bogus data, and I need to get rid of all of those rows and leave just rows of "real" data--long story short.) Specifically, the row after the last row of "real" data is a cell in column A that simply contains the word "Grand". How do I put in code at the end that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with this last row that contains just the word 'G...

skipping lines
Does anyone know how to highlight every other line easily - a master stroke instead of control + click on lines? Sometimes I want to color alternate lines. You could do this: 1. Press Ctrl+A. 2. Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" and insert: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 4. Press the "Format" button, select Pattern tab, and choose a color. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to highlight every other line >easily - a master stroke instead of control + click on >lines? Sometimes I want to color alternate l...

Blank lines in replies
Hi When I reply or forward Outlook (2002, SP3) I've started getting about 16 blank lines inserted into the message I'm replying to, between the 'Subject:' line and the start of the message I'm replying to. Any ideas why this might be, and what I can do to stop it? Thanks David ...

Label Columns
I hope I can explain this easily. I am using an excel document with two columns (A and B). How can I print the labels (which are two columned) so that Column A from excel is to the left of column B when printed onto labels. I am trying to make it easy on myself when I go to peel the labels that I can peel the left label and then place the right label with it. It is different information and they cannot be on the same label. Is there a way to do this? Well to start off with printing labels is never easy from Excel, though you would thing nothing could be simpler. But Microsoft d...

BUG in Excel 2007
To duplicate this bug, create a chart with two lines with an x-axis that contains consecutive dates. Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it. IMPORTANT: Then, change the plot chart to plot using the primary axis. Finally, save and reopen the file. The data labels disappear and you cannot re-add them. Hello Blake, I would love to investigate this but I need more info. Please define "plot chart" When you say "Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it" do you mean add a series to the existing...

My cursor disappears when I enter at end of line
When I am typing in word my cursor dissappears after I 'enter' at the end of a line and if i try to tab across I cannot see where I am before I start typing again. Its driving me round the bend. Any help would be appreciated. Does this happen anywhere within the text? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "billyboy1945" <billyboy1945@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB3BFC58-D388-4297-9E08-9A7828229CEA@microsoft.com... > When I am typing in word my cursor dissappears after I 'enter' at the end > of > a line and if i ...

Hide Alternate Labels on Date Axis
Hi, I'm having trouble trying to hide every other label along a horizontal date axis. I start on the 01-Jan up to 10-Jan and through using the 'Format Axis'->'Scale'->'Major Unit' and setting this to 2 I can hide the labels: '02-Jan'; '04-Jan'; etc. However, I want to hide the odd dates: '01-Jan'; '03-Jan'; etc. I have tried the various combinations with the dialog box but can't get anything to work. Should I be using a custom formula or something? Any help is much appreciated. Paul. In article <1168177092.892944...

Word Wrap with >1024 characters Excel 2003
I have a large number of characters in a text box and word wrap turned on, I get the text wrapped for the first several lines and then nothing else in the rest of the box. Is there a way to make the remainder of the text visible, instead of rolling off the edge of the box? ...

help with line graph
i accidently and unknowingly tuned off the line on my line graph, when i try to do the line graph the line isn't there. please help!!!!!!!!! Can you see the markers on the chart? If so right click one, select Format Data Series; on the Pattern tab put check mark next to Line If you cannot see it; click on chart, tap up/down arrows watching Name box, when Series 1 show up, use menu item Format. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "darci" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:149a201c3f8f9$4cf70c70$a601280a@...

importing a .csv so data on new lines?
I have a csv file. The data is separated by commas and each record is on a new line. Is there any way to import the data into Word so that the data that is separated by commas in the csv appears on a new line within Word while each record is separated by a blank line? Here is one option. '-------------------------------------------------------------- Sub SpecCSVimport() Const ForReading = 1 Dim strPath As String Dim strLine As String Dim i As Integer Dim arrFileLines() As String Dim arrOneLine() As String Dim fso strPath = "C:\Test\My CSV.csv" S...

Labels in user forms
Hi group, In a Userform, can the label (where you enter text) show the result of a formula so that the message changes depending on the formula? Or is there a way to do this in another way if the label can't do that? Rob Rob , I assume that you mean a textbox not label, as that is where you enter text. One way could be to trap the Calculate event for the sheet that your formula is on and update the text box from there, something like Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Range("A1") End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole H...

Printing Labels in Publisher
Trying to print several labels on one page with different addresses but page only shows one label and then whole pagesprints out same address. Can anyone help ASAP since Miscrosoft wants to charge a charity $35.00 for tech support on this? You must setup a database with all your names and addresses then do a merge. Publisher has excellent help files that will walk you through the process. There are good tutorials here http://www.kvalheim.org/ -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "R." <anonymous@discussions...

In Excel 2007 chart with multiple lines, mouse doesn't track lines
If I open an Excel 2003 x-y scatter line chart with multiple (x,y) line graphs (or open a graph that was saved under Excel 2007), and I move the mouse over the various lines (some of them may be close to each other) then there is an x 'offset' in the location of the mouse and when Excel recognizes a line graph and displayes the line title with a little message underneath the mouse cursor. Another way to explain thsi behaviour is if you try to click at a particular line graph, it may not select it, it may select a different line graph that is located left to where the mouse is. ...

Extra line feeds in received mail
Why is it that mail received using Outlook Express (and Windows Vista Mail) add extra line feeds to every line in incoming mail? How to I make it stop? When I send the same message to other programs (e.g., Outlook, webmail) the formatting remains as originally sent. OE (and WinMail) interprets a <P> in HTML as a double line feed and <BR> as a single line feed. Some programs such as Word generate a <P> when one uses the Enter key and a <BR> when one uses a Shift-Enter. So if the user uses the Enter key, then the recipient will see a double line feed if t...

How do you make the labels of the columns back to letters from numbers?
For some reason, when I open a new or existing Excel file now, my Columns are labeled numbers instead of letters. How do I switch them back to letters? On 24 Mar 2007 06:16:22 -0700, cindytray@... wrote in microsoft.public.excel: >For some reason, when I open a new or existing Excel file now, my >Columns are labeled numbers instead of letters. > >How do I switch them back to letters? Menu: Tools / Options... / General / R1C1 reference style: untick -- Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS" ...

Concatenation with Quotation Marks?

Font Format in Axis Labels
Is there a way to format font in axis labels? Like Bold, 12pt, Red "Phil Hageman" <PhilHageman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C37738-83BB-45CA-9482-87060B0F5359@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format font in axis labels? Like Bold, 12pt, Red Yes. Format Axis, and then the Font tab. -- David Biddulph Hi, If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis Cheers Andy Phil Hageman wrote: > Is there a way to for...

shelf label printing with rms avery 5160
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C8926E.1DECDFA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit We are trying to print shelf labels with rms. When you choose avery 5160 it doesn't ask you for the row or column number. Since the sheet has 3 columns and 10 rows how do I tell it to print the label, lets say at row 3 column 2. I tried to create my own label by editing one of the every labels but it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C8926E.1DECDFA0 Content-Type...

Create line in chart by filling the serie collection with only 1 value?
Hi everybody, :) Is it possible to create a line in a chart based on ONE value? (to occupy the Series Collections) I�m creating an application that created dynamic charts of the sourc data in an Excel database. This Data is filtered on several criteri and has dynamic name ranges to fill the Charts Series Collections an so create the specific charts. Everything works like a charm but I have a lot of Constants of only ON value. (these are Specifications to make the chart readable) Normally I would fill a column with these values en the have my lin anyway. But because I have more than 150 ...

messages are being marked read randomly
i have an outlook xp with the latest service pack. one of my user says that every now and then messages that are coming in are being marked read without even opening it. this random so sometimes it works just fine. any ideas is very much appreciated. -ed ...

Wingdings 2. Check Mark (P).
Hello; I set the Font into Wingdings 2, and put a formula =IF(G8="",,"P") This to put a check mark if Cell G8 is filled with any data, Now if there is any data in Cell G8, the check mark is appear, but the problem is if there no data a BOX is appear. How can I make EXCEL to put a check mark if the cell is filled with data, and remain empty if there no data. =IF(G8="","","P") -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Khalid A. Al-Otaibi" <KhalidAAlOtaibi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Graphics moved, but can't delete paragraph mark
I'm using Word 2003 for PC on Windows XP. I've inherited a large document that I'm trying to reformat. The document has many paragraph marks (some in the middle of paragraphs) that I am unable to select and delete. I believe that they are there because a graphic used to be placed following the paragraph mark, and that graphic has since been moved or deleted. However, I'm not an expert at graphic placement nor is there any way to locate which graphic (if any remaining) might be attached to a particular paragraph mark. As a workaround, I've had to manually move text...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...