The 'sizing handles' on the axis titles don't work!!

I'm working with a column chart in Excel - I'm trying to resize the title box
of the y-axis, but I can't. When I double-click, I see the thick line and the
dark boxes of the sizing handles. However, when I try to use these, I get no
double-headed arrow and can't resize the box. I can move it around, but
that's all. I can't resize the chart title and x-axis titles either.

Weirdly, I CAN resize the legend box.

Anyone know how I can fix this?
0
Nicole (56)

Nicole,

Unfortunately the only way that you can resize the title box is to change
the font size.  You still get the borders and handles on the chart title but
they can't be dragged to change the size.

An alternative is to delete the title box and add a text box in its place.
The text box can be sized.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Nicole" wrote:

> I'm working with a column chart in Excel - I'm trying to resize the title box
> of the y-axis, but I can't. When I double-click, I see the thick line and the
> dark boxes of the sizing handles. However, when I try to use these, I get no
> double-headed arrow and can't resize the box. I can move it around, but
> that's all. I can't resize the chart title and x-axis titles either.
>
> Weirdly, I CAN resize the legend box.
>
> Anyone know how I can fix this?

How do I create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)?
I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. Whoever helped you post this question, have them help you do a google search on "WBS Excel" "Brian 76" wrote: > I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. On Dec 4, 10:26=A0am, Brian 76 <Brian 7...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. Be sure you are using the WBS correctly! I cover using excel for this in my WBS Training at http://WBSCoach.com Josh Nankivel ...

IE8 gives"stopped working" message when I close tabs
I've seen a lot of people complaining about this but no fixes. When I close an open explorer window, I get a message that IE has stopped working and it is searching for a fix, then a box to close the program. So far, I have reset all the defaults for IE8 and tried using IE without any add-ons. It works correctly without add-ons. The only changes to the computer in the last few days have been: download a driver scanner which installed the Ask add-on, updated something from Adobe, and the automatic Windows update ran. Any ideas where the problem came from? -- Win 7, IE8, Fu...

OL 97: Control-C, X, and V don't work in XP!
Only a genius will figure this one out ... Installed Outlook 97 in Windows XP, everything works fine -- but for some reason, the Copy/Cut/Paste shortcuts (ctrl-C, ctrl-X, ctrl-V) don't work in Calendar mode. When I use ctrl-X, the little scissor icon flashes, so SOMETHING's being sent to the clipboard, but ctrl-V does not paste anything. When I press Ctrl-C and try to copy an appointment to another day, a duplicate copy of the appointment appears on the same day of the first appointment! Please help! ...

#VALUE! error: vlookup works in Excel 2000 but not 2003
Hi, My client has a spreadsheet which works fine in Excel 2000 but when opened with Excel 2003 it populates the pages with #VALUE! and the best I can tell is that the problem is with the following formulas. Can anyone advise if they have seen this before. I am unable to post their file but this is the code that I think is a bit suspect. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE))=TRUE,"",VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE...

Handling ATM transactions showing up in my checking account
How can I handle this - an ATM withdrawl shows that money has been removed, yet doesn't account for where it goes. Prior to Money Plus, I used an Excel spreadsheet to track expenses. In the spreadsheet format, I disregarded ATM transaction and opted to put my expenses into the spreadsheet. Now with Money Plus - it brings in my ATM withdrawls automatically. Any suggestions how do I override the ATM transactons so I can see the true expenses? Thanks, Jack In microsoft.public.money, Jack Ferrell <Jack Ferrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I handle this - an...

Assigning work to team 1 and team 2
Hi I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to one team and the odd numbers to the other. Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb() Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset) rs.Edit rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1 rs.Update rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the REPNum and if it is even number then Me.Team1 = True Else Me.Team2 = True Or is there a better way of doing this?...

Outlook URL no longer works ?
I have seen from various post that the outlook: protocol no longer works outside Outlook, because of security issues. Are there other ways of opening a mail item in a public folder using a URL ? Today we generate the link to the mail item on format Outlook:0000000031030 .. This is done using an event sink on the exchange server. The link is displayed to the person that will answer the mail on an internal web page. The link opens the mail item directly, using the outlook: protocol... meaning outside Outlook. If the above is no longer recommended, what is ? Is this possible to accomplis...

Transferring Works files into Excel XP
My Dad upgraded recently to XP--all his previous files were in Works. Is there an easy conversion? I don't have the ability to "see" his computer, so trying to fix this issue remotely. TIA My Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 will open a Works XLR file. Why can't Dad do this? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "homefry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c42559$670626f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My Dad upgraded recently to XP--all his previous files > were in Works. Is there an easy ...

How do I change x-axis in an Excel Radar Chart?
I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this to 1 line every 10 degrees. Is this possible? Ideally I would like a polar plot graph where I can enter any angle and magnitude. Does such a thing exist? Hi, For polar plot you can use the xy scatter. I have an addin that may help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy Dr. J.White wrote: > I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar > assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this...

Size Matters!
H Can anyone tell me if it is possible to the following I have a excel document that will be sent to our contact to fill in and return. Is it possible to make the form change size depending on the resoloution of the screen it is being viewed on??? Try this Declare Function GetSystemMetrics32 Lib "user32" Alias "GetSystemMetrics" (ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long Function DisplayVideoResolution() As String DisplayVideoResolution = GetSystemMetrics32(0) & " x " & GetSystemMetrics32(1) End Function Sub test() If DisplayVideoResolution = "1024 x 768"...

Print BitMap and maintain same size
I use the dcPrint.BitBlt to print a bitmap. Is there a easy way to keep the image the same size no matter what resolution the printer is at? Thanks Ronald, You might want to check StretchBlt used together with GetDeviceCaps (to get the resolution of the output device). Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Ronald" <ronald@denverresearch.com> a �crit dans le message de news:7a191f3c.0312031056.472b261d@posting.google.com... > I use the dcPrint.BitBlt to print a bitmap. > > Is there a easy way to keep the image the same size no matter what > resolution the printe...

Problem printing to a custom size paper?
I need to print onto an 8 x8 paper. I added the paper size to the printer properties - but the size does not show up when I select paper size in the print option of the document. Does anyone else have this problem? After setting the paper size in the Printer Setup, set the size in the Page Setup, Special Size. -- Don Vancouver USA "Laurvil" <Laurvil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81ED7207-489B-48A9-AA43-FDD5FA65E944@microsoft.com... >I need to print onto an 8 x8 paper. I added the paper size to the printer > properties - but the size does not ...

if statement not working
Access 2003 code on forms oncurrent event... I want the below If DLookup is Admin then TitleMSP.Visible = True Label95.Visible = False Label97.Visible = True Label96.Visible = True If DLookup is Admin and Not IsNull(Me.TitleMSP) then TitleMSP.Visible = True Label95.Visible = False Label97.Visible = True Label96.Visible = True If DLookup is anything other than Admin then TitleMSP.Visible = False ContactUserID.Visible = False ContactStatus.Visible = False Label97.Visible = False ...

Handling more than one email template
Hi, I'm a freelancer and depending on what company I am doing work for I'd like to set up Outlook to use more than one email template (html stationery style). Currently, Outlook is set up that one stationery style is used no matter what mailbox account I use. I'd ideally like Outlook to apply a stationery style depending on what email account I chose to send the email from. It's easy in Outlook Express as you just chose the stationery style from a drop down list. But I can't find a quick way of how to change stationery styles in Outlook. Any advice would be very...

Project Center Access Not Working
Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access the Project Center. "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project" It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less data to show. Does anyone has any idea on how to fix thi...

"Microsoft Office Outlook (2007 Office Pro) has stopped working"
Hello, I recently installed Office 2007 Professional on a laptop recently upgraded from Vista Home Premum to Windows 7 Home Premium on my Inspiron 1545. It worked fine for 2 weeks, and and suddenly came up wiht "Microsoft Ourlook has stopped working" The program downloads messages, and I can access settings, but as soon as you go to read a message or open one to send, it crashes. I have done the following: 1-Tried to repair the software, no problems found 2-Installed all updates 3-Repaired to original install 4-Deleted the Software and reinstalled a fresh copy 5...

Smart Host not working
Hi All, I have a (seemingly) quite bizarre problem. Basically even though I've told Exchange Server 2000 to use a smart host for mail delivery (under the default SMTP server - Advanced Delivery tab), exchange insists on attempting to connect direct to the recipients MX server. I've done this before on dozens of Exchange 2000 servers and never seen this behaviour. Anyone have any idea what may stop Exchange 2000 server using a smart host ?? The FQDN is correct for the domain, and the attempt direct delivery box is not ticked. Graham. Hi Graham, Try using an smtp connector ins...

SMTP works intermittently after FE servers set as NLB pair
After setting two FE servers in an NLB pair (both with smtp previously working), some mail servers cannot open SMTP sockets to the FE NLB pair. IT seems to be only windows boxes odly enough. When i create the pair, OWA, OMA and Activesync work fine as does a telnet to port 25. However, some machines cannot telnet to port 25..all machines in question that have proven unable to access are running win2k or win2k3....sendmail and qmail can open a smtp session to the NLB pair just fine. ANy ideas? On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:12:02 -0700, knightly <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

How do I print 4 postcards landscape on letter size paper
I now have Windows Vista and can't figure out how to get four postcards to appear and print on a landscape letter setup. Used to be a piece of cake - apparently solution is hidden now. All the cards alike? Do you mean Publisher 2007? Use the Avery US Letter Postcard setup. 3263 works just fine. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "George 604" <George 604@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927A6D81-7D6B-4669-8371-E73909592644@microsoft.com... >I now have Windows Vista and can't...

Junk email not working for some emails
The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain people and not others. For instance: johndoe@aol is on my Blocked Senders list but these emails will do not be sent to the Junk E-mail folder. But janedoe@aol.comis on my Blocked Senders list and is automatically moved to the Junk Email folder. And I think it is regardless of the domain. I guess I could create a rule to move them, but why isn't the Junk E-mail feature working for some e-mails? aol@aol.com <aol@aol.com> wrote: > The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain > peopl...

Rules won't work #2
My rules don't always work. Sometimes my emails go to a completely different folder than where they are supposed to go and sometimes they stay in the inbox. This happens about 75% of the time. Is there something I can do to fix this? -- Francine Version of Outlook? Exact rule? Make sure you've sorted and added the action "and stop processing rules" accordingly. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Francine" <...

Report preview error
Hi all. We have a problem with reports on one system; there is an error message when we try to preview a report in the report list. The error says something like (translating from local language) "The report cannot be executed because a component 'Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services' is not installed". All the reports can be run normally by opening them first, it's just the preview that isn't working. This is a CRM 4.0 setup, where the SQL Server with Reporting Services is running on the same server as CRM server. I found this in the system...

Import external database query not working with other users?
Help! I set up an import external database query (ms access) for an excel report used on our network that works fine for me, but will not refresh the data for anyone else. It does not appear to be due to any difference in user access or mapping. I set everything up through folders and files that all users have access to. I can't figure out why it only works for me. Is the query set up by the wizzard somehow tied to the user? Thanks, Dave. -- devbox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ devbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

work 05-28-10
sorry its late! ...

Limit message size in public folder on 2003
Can I limit the size of a message that someone puts in a public folder? If it is mail enabled you will have the Exchange general tab and can place limits under delivery restrictions. Glen "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:Or0MOpGwEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can I limit the size of a message that someone puts in a public folder? > > These would be folders where users drag messages too, rather than mail actually being delivered to the folders. I hope that makes sense..... "Glen Trafford" <glen@beehivesystems.com.No.Sp...