The dates on the category (X) axis label do not match data?

I have a chart that pulls dollars in sales and charts it by date.  The dates
are off in the charts by a few days.  What am I doing wrong?
0
TKGerdie (7)

check first in <Chart><Source data><series>
and check that your X and y data has the appropriate staring points.
 also if the dates on the chart are tilted,  it may just look like they are
not on the correct spot.  Double click on the axis and set the alignment to
90 degrees.

"TKGerdie" wrote:

> I have a chart that pulls dollars in sales and charts it by date.  The dates
> are off in the charts by a few days.  What am I doing wrong?
0
BJ (832)

Link a cell to min & max box for Value (X) axis scale?
I want to update the min and max box of the Value (X) axis scale without having to click on the axis, select the tab and type in the min and max times for each scale for each chart. Can I assign a cell in the spreadsheet so that its value will be used in the min and max boxes? Does anyone have a suggestion on how to best accomplish this? Thanks, You have to do this programmatically. For a readymade solution see AutoChart Manager http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutoria...

Transfering a row of data to a template word or worksheet
This may be a bit rudimentary but I'm a relative novice to Excel. I store customer purchase data in a row of some 20 columns. Each purchase has a new row and a corresponding order number (in the second column of that row) To save me typing out an invoice by duplicatiing some of the information on the row, is there a way that some of that data can be automatically copied to either specific cells within another worksheet template or perhaps a word document. The destination template would normally feature some standard information/text which would be common to all invoices. Anyone who...

Setting up data for a line graph
I have a spreadsheet that has the date of my measurements on the left side and on the topit tells the name of the plant I am measuring and below each of the plant names there are 28 days of numbers. Some of them are zeros. When I try to put it into a chart the key has some of my measurements and oon the X-axis there is only one date where there is supposed to be 28 dates, the y-axis starts with 0 and goes through decimals up to 1 when I need it to go to 25. ...

Pivottabel / running totals / year-to-date
Hi I have sales figures that I would like to show in a chart where I have the current month and year-to-date totals. Using a dropdown/validation list with 12 months my boss is able to see the numbers by just changing the month. In different sheets I have to separate pivot tables. My problem is this: In one of my pivot tables there are no sales in March so when my boss wants to see the year-to-date total for March - accumulated sales from January and February is not included. If he choose April then the total is correct because there are sales in April. Hope some can help me out and unders...

Change Dates
I have a list of employees birth dates. I simply want to drop the year and sort by month and day to get a birthday list. Everytime I try to edit out the year, when I hit enter the cell includes the year. First I need to know how to edit the date properly and then I need a macro that will go line by line and change the dates. Please help. Thanks, Glenn You don't need a macro. Select the column that carries the dates, format, cells, number, date: choose the format without the year. HTH Gilles "Glenn Rawski" <Glenn.Rawski@Unilever.com> wrote in message news:1300b01...

How to lookup data in Excel?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet for which I need a certain value in a column (D) based on the value in three previos coulumns (A,B,C), i.e. Column A ColumnB ColumnC Sydney Los Angeles Express Sydney Los Angeles Deferred Sydney Dallas Deferred Hong Kong New York Express Taipei San Francisco Express Taipei Los Angeles Deferred Tokyo Los Angeles Express Manila Dallas Express Column D 3 5 5 1 2 4 5 2 So if the value of A is Sydney, B is Los Angeles and C is Express, column D should have a formula that give the value of 3. The value for column D it will be pulling of a second sheet which...

Historical Data
We are converting to GP and I want to enter my historical data for 2006. What is the best way to do that? Cards > Financial > Account > History and just type the info that I want? OR is there a better way? Thanks Also, can you enter this info for all accts? Including financial statement accounts? "6538" <beach_house1990@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8N00oAmHHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We are converting to GP and I want to enter my historical data for 2006. > What is the best way to do that? Cards > Financial > Account > History an...

Ratios as data points
Here's my trouble. I want my data points to be the results of a calculation between an X point and an Y point. However, the range of data on the y and the range of data on the x will not include the range of data points. For example, if my X is 1200 and my Y is 600, I want the data point to be X/Y, or 2. Obviously "2" isn't going to be on a range of data for X of 1000 to 1400 or for Y on a range of 400 to 600. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. If you are going to be plotting a ratio, you must calculate it somewhere, then plot it on a scale that accommodates t...

Date refrencing
hi i have two sheets one is inventory the other is summary with the same style and clumn headings. now i want the date of the summary sheet to record the dates put in the inventory column but when i use the formula i get 1900 year, i suppose becos i yet dont have dates but is there a better way of doing this thing. thanks Hi, sounds like a format problem, right click on the mouse, cell format, date, choose the desired format "Amin" wrote: > hi i have two sheets one is inventory the other is summary with the same > style and clumn headings. > now i want...

Dates appear wrong in my chart
I have a bar chart I have created from a table. I want the x axis to be the dates shown in the table. currently 11/01/2007, 11/01/2006, etc. They appear in the chart as 01/01/2007, 01/01/2006, etc. If I change the formatting in the chart from date to number than the dates in the chart appear 11/01/2007, 11/01/2006, etc. How do I get both the table and the chart to display the correct date? Has anyone experienced a simliar problem? I have a bar chart I have created from a table. I want the x axis to be the dates shown in the table. currently 11/01/2007, 11/01/2006, etc. They appea...

concatenate dates?
Is it possible to concatenate dates? In A1 I have 01/01/05 and in B1 I have 01/02/05. What I ant is for C1 to show "01/01/05 - 01/02/05" but when I try =A1&" - "&B1" I get "38353 - 38384". Gavin Try: =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" - "&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yy") HTH Jason Atlanta, Ga >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to concatenate dates? In A1 I have 01/01/05 and in B1 I have >01/02/05. What I ant is for C1 to show "01/01/05 - 01/02/05" but when I try >=A1&" - "&B1...

How do I summarize unusual column data?
I have a column of data that is in the following format: 2:37:56 (2 hours:37 minutes:56 seconds) How can I have the summary cell display an average days/hours/minutes for the entire column? Thanks. Thank you so much for your quick reply! Actually, I needed average Hours/Minutes/Seconds I think the calculation is close, but it gave me 930202 day(s) & 12:56 Can you help one more time? Thanks so much! "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > HTH: > =TEXT(INT(AVERAGE(A:A)),"#")&" day(s) & "&TEXT(MOD(AVERAGE(A:A),1),"hh:mm...

Cell / Date Formatting Question when result = -0-
Please help, I am using this formula to post a date. =IF(master!T3>0,master!S3,"") When the value is a date...no problem. When Master sheet Cell s3 has no value, the result is 01/00/00 How can I change this? Is there a custom date format to show a "-"? Many thanks. Try a custom format of: mm/dd/yy;;-;@ HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Please help, > >I am using this formula to post a date. > >=IF(master!T3>0,master!S3,"") > >When the value is a date...no problem. > >When Master sheet Cell s3 has no ...

SFO Offline DB View does not match CRM Server
Hi, I added some attributes to SystemUserBase table and it is reflected in the SystemUser View on the CRM Server. When I go offline in SFO, my SystemUser view does not have those extra attributes which causes my SFO to fail when loading the page. I notice that going offline in Outlook creates the following view "CRMPub-Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM_SystemUserBase_VIEW" on the CRM server which does show the extra attributes. So how do i replicate this down to the client? Thanks Linna These fields were added through deployment manager btw. Does anybody have an answer to this? D...

Stacked Bar y-axis
The order of the data plot by the stacked bar (y-axis) is opposite from the data range I selected. How can I change that so the order is same as the data I hace in the worksheet? The easiest way for me is to select the bar that you want at the bottom. In the command line, you should see something like this: =SERIES(Sheet1!$D$1,,Sheet1!$D$2:$D$7,4) Change the 4 at the end of the series to 1 and it will be at the bottom of the stack. "Gian" <Gian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E2DA172-A9EB-480E-B088-9E39188A5383@microsoft.com... > The order of the dat...

How to get Excel to auto sum after it has been saved with data.
I get Excel 2002 spreadsheets with data to enter and it adds it automatically, until I saved it without hitting save as...now i have to add the data with a calculator. Is there any way to fix this problem? Maybe calculation has been set to Manual. To change it, choose Tools>Options. On the Calculation tab, select Automatic. Click OK Willow Oaks wrote: > I get Excel 2002 spreadsheets with data to enter and it adds it > automatically, until I saved it without hitting save as...now i have to add > the data with a calculator. Is there any way to fix this problem? -- Debra Dal...

Outlook XP
I just update to XP from 98. I've merged my Christmas contact list (separate from my contact list) for the past several years. Now, with XP I cannot do it. Help Becky Wood JamesBecky1@aol.com Your post contains no information we could understand. Once again please, with clear details. What did you update? Office? Operating system? What do you mean by "I've merged my Christmas contact list?" What exactly are you trying to do? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JamesBecky1@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:092801c3c102$...

Date/Text Question
I am trying to put the current date in two seperate cells. Example: Cell B3 - I want the date to look like this: 23rd Cell D3 - I want the current month to be entered. I would like to put a formula in both cells so they will automatically calculate. Thanks in advance B3: =DAY(TODAY())&IF(AND(MOD(DAY(TODAY()),100)>=10,MOD(DAY(TODAY()),100)<=14),"th",CHOOSE(MOD(DAY(TODAY()),10)+1,"th","st","nd","rd","th","th","th","th","th","th")) (this one is from Chip Pearson) D3...

Shelf label
Hi, I use the RMS 1.2 at the supermarket. I want to know how to setup to print the shelf label by scan the item through mobile Pc or data collector and it is able to print the shelf label rightaway one by one. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I want to buy the Zebra barcode printer QL-320, but I don't know it is working with RMS or not? and how to setup the RMS to print the label as I mention above. Thanks Hai Hai, New West Technologies' Mobile Suite has a Label Printing module that is compatible with the QL-320. You can read more about it at: http://www.newestech.com/...

Pivot date grouping
I have a spreadsheet that has been obtained from a external database query. I am now trying to group the dates into months and years, however no luck. If I save the worksheet as a csv file and the back into an excel file the date grouping works fine. This however does not solve my problem. hel please When you get the data from the query, the dates may be imported as text, which would prevent them from being grouped. There are instructions here for converting the text dates to real dates: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html sue wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that has be...

Synchronizing Money Investment data with MS Money on the web
Below is the inquiry on which I tried to get help from Microsoft Help. Wasn't able to do so I'm trying here. J. Witt ---------------------------------------------------------- I have been using MSN Money Plus on the web with the site's Investing/Portfolio Manager to record my stock transactions and maintain all of my investment data up to date. In addition, I use Microsoft Money 2004 to manage my banking and other financial tasks, and also pay bills with MSN Bill Pay. Just recently, with my Microsoft Money 2004 program, I have been attempting to to access and synchroni...

how do I insert the current time (static) and date in a cell?
I want to use Excel as an automated timesheet. Ctrl + ; and Ctrl + : -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DF" <DF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC5E6E1E-8C18-4422-8A8A-0B26FBD66DBC@microsoft.com... > I want to use Excel as an automated timesheet. That instruction does not help; I have tried to do that, but nothing happens. "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Ctrl + ; and Ctrl + : > > > -- > > Regards, > > Peo Sjoblom > > "DF" <DF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:AC5E6E1E-8C18-4422-8A8A-0...

When pasting data into a column with data validation I lose validation check
Hi All, Im using MS excel 2000 sr1, I have set up some basic validation on a spreadsheet column to say only allow whole numbers between 1 and 10 (as an example). However it is possible to type the number 11 in another column (with no validation) in a cell and then cut and paste this number into the column that has validation applied to it. The data validation to check for numbers between 1 and 10 does not trap this error or complain I.e. I believe it is taking the formatting from the cell I typed 11 in (which has no data validation) and applying it to the cell Im pasting to, which is in the co...

Select Date based on date value
Is there a formula where I could select a date based on a condition? here is a scenario of what I want the formula to do: I have 3 dates: start date,end date, and invoice date, let's assume that the start dat is 9/7/2005, end date is 10/6/2005 and invoice date is 10/8/2005. no even though the invoice was sent on 10/8/2005, I would like to identif this month as september because the bulk of the month fell on september I guess the rule would be(per example above): per example above: if starting month >= 09/20 then select 10/2005 else month < 9/20 then select 9/2005 so if the 20th...

Exporting date time information
When exporting a folder to a text file, how can I include the date and time information of the messages? Any hints are greatly appreciated. WOlfgang Exporting (and importing) will always lose the received times when they are opened in Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Dr. Wolfgang Hintze <weh@snafu.de> asked: | When exporting a folder to a text file, how can I include the date and | time information of the messages? | | Any hints are greatly appreciated...