TEXT STATUS -VS- Numbers

We have name of projects with 8 different status.  We want to create a chart
with the name of the project on the X axis and text status on the Y axis.
Can this be done and if so how.  Please help

DDBeards
0
DDBeards (2)

If you assign numbers 1-8 for each status, you can then hide the 1-8
axis labels, and add custom ones:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

DDBeards wrote:

> We have name of projects with 8 different status.  We want to create a chart
> with the name of the project on the X axis and text status on the Y axis.
> Can this be done and if so how.  Please help
>
> DDBeards

Adding Total based on Status in SRS
Hi, I prepare opportunity by account report (1 account has how many opportunities regardless the status). At the end of each account, i want to show that the total revenue gained/lost/in progress. If i seperate into 3 reports, i can just use =sum(Fields!attribute.value) in order to achieve this. But since i want to show opportunities regardless the status in one report, how can i use the sum statement so at the end let say the total won will actually calculates from opportunity that has status as won, etc? Could someone help me on this? Thx, Carrie ------=_NextPart_0001_3BAEEA49 C...

Count Number of times Database is viewed
I have an Access 2000 Database that is read only with a Database Password. I have been asked to provide the number of times that Users are accessing the Database in a given oeriod. I have found VB code that will allow me to monitor changes to a database, using the Users Password. Is there a way I can simply collect the number of times the Database is accesed? Can you help? -- John Sorry but the forum you posted in is a Great Plains (GP) forum....try an Access forum. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks ...

extracting numbers from free form text field #2
Thanks Frank et al, I copied the formula but it is still not working. Coming up with #N/A. :confused -- landmar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- landmark's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26725 Hi first you ahve to enter this formula as array formula with cTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. Also don't forget do define the 'seq' name -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "landmark" <landmark.1drjpd@excelforum-nospam.com> ...

Keeping text together
How can i enter Brandi Marks and Joe Blow in a cell so that when i resize it the names never have the first name on one line and the last on another? I mean Brandi Marks would be treated as if there was no space but the blank acted as another character. Try a non-breaking space. Type the first name, then hold down <Alt>, and type 0160 *using* the numeric keypad, *not* the numbers under the function keys, then type the last name. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================...

Forcing imported numbers to text format problem
I'm opening up an HTML table in Excel and Excel is formatting my dat incorrectly, such as turning a code into a date and dropping necessar leading zeros. Is there a way to tell Excel to pull everything as Text? Will thi work in my ASP page that generates the table? I've seen the quick solution of appending a ' onto the data befor import, but I dont want to be appending to the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Auto expand doesn't work on a number field.
I have a form with 6 combo boxes that have the auto expand set to yes. It works on 5 of them great, 4 text and 1 date field, however one is a long integer and it does not work. It is almost as if I am typing in text, even though it is a number. If I open the the drop down, I can see all the numbers, but when I start typing, it doesn't match up to any of them. I have read through the posts on this setting, but nothing so far has helped. I have a similar form with 8 combo boxes on it with the same problem. 7 work great, the 8th is a long integer and doesn't work. I am using Acces...

Table Field Data Type
I have a table called Equipment. I also have a report that displays all of the information in the Equipment table. When the report is opened a form pops up allowing the user to make a selection from one of four different combo boxes. After the selection is made and the user clicks Set Filter, the report is filtered to only show records based on the users selection. The problem I have is with a field in the Equipment table. It's an Item Number field with a data type set to Number. This form will only filter text data & I don’t know how to change that (there must be an easier way....

HTML Text retrieval
Am using Joels dump sub to retrieve location of text (a persons date of birth) within a web page, all I get from the dump is: HTML HEAD TITLE FRAMESET FRAME FRAME FRAME I have tried returning Frame.item(0).innertext item1 item 2 etc but get no innertext. any ideas? Not all object have innertext. I suspect the FRAME is really another webpage that the Java code is download and displaying. I would loolk at the source code and see if there is a href property associate with the object. You can add the href into the dump and put the data in a different column. Without ...

Enter new line in rich text memo field
Hi there, I'm a bit new to Access and I'm trying to work out a way to start a new line in a rich text memo field. When I press enter (as in word) it moves to the next control. So far I've just been writing the entries in word then copying and pasting into the memo field, but I'd like to be able to enter it directly in Access. Cheers Pat On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:53:01 -0800, Pat <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Try Ctrl+Enter -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hi there, > >I'm a bit new to Access and I'm trying to work out a wa...

Special Text to Column question
I have a special problem that I hope the gurus here can solve. Once a month or so, I receive a text file that includes about 400 lines of 323 characters each. Groups of characters have different meaning depending on their position in the string. Some are grouped in as little as one character, other groups are as long as 25 characters. There are no delimiting characters like commas, spaces or the like I usually open the file in Excel and click Text to Columns and select Fixed Width. From there I scroll left to right and click on the necessary widths for the groups involved "9, 5, 2, ...

Receipt serial numbers or transaction #
Is there any way I can get a serial # on all my receipts. Not the transaction number because that gets reset everyday. I want a transaction # that continually increses sequentially... I don't want it to get reset. Transaction number should not be getting reset unless you are actively resetting it. The transaction number that prints at the bottom of the receipt by default should be exactly the rolling identifier you are looking for. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respo...

No Reading Pane Text Size????
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

Adding sum of text
Example: A B C a 1 abcd b 2 c 3 d 4 e 5 f 6 g 7 We would like C1 to equal the amounts of B1:B4 when we type letters "abcd." Hi! Depends on how representative of the reality your little model is. As it stands, a single formula placed in, say, D1 will calculate th equivalence of abcd in C1 =VLOOKUP(MID(C1,1,1),TB,2,0)+VLOOKUP(MID(C1,2,1),TB,2,0)+VLOOKUP(MID(C1,3,1),TB,2,0)+VLOOKUP(MID(C1,4,1),TB,2,0) (entered as a single line). where TB is the Name of the range A1:B7. This will only deal (for obvious reasons) with exactly 4 letters in th string in ...

Maximum Number of Accounts in Money?
Is there a maximum number of accounts etc that you can set up in any one Microsoft Money file? I've searched but can't find one, perhaps only limited by hard disk space? Thank you for your time -- Zaphod On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:40:00 -0700, Zaphod <Zaphod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a maximum number of accounts etc that you can set up in any one >Microsoft Money file? I've searched but can't find one, perhaps only limited >by hard disk space? > >Thank you for your time How many do you need? I have 40 open and 26 closed accounts in ...

Full-Text Indexing Engine Unavailable (Access Denied.).
When connecting to Exchange System Manager from my workstation I have no problems accessing mail stores and completeing management tasks. When I click the Full-Text node under a store in the right pane I receive the following message: The full-text indexing engine is unavialable (Access Denied.). When I connect on the exchange server itself this is not displayed. I am a memeber of the Admin group and I have checked security on all levels. It seems like I am missing something. If anyone has any ideas please reply. Thanks Jeffrey A Heimberger, MCP Information Systems Assistant Stark Area ...

Importing text files to Excel
Does anyone know how to stop Excel 97 from assigning a date format to a column of dates imported from a text file? I want it to leave the format as "general". ...

Update Static Text Control Using Post Message
Please help me out I am running two threads. 1. The UI thread 2. The thread which does the calcualtion and gives results - DriverProgram() In the driver program I have access to the static text variables of the dialog box (UI). So i update them while running the driver program. The problem now is, how do I post a message to the UI Thread to make it aware of the change in text. I am aware of the function postmessage, but what should i exactly pass as arguments... BOOL PostMessage( HWND hWnd, UINT Msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam ); hWnd is the windows handler --- AfxGetMainWnd()->m...

Text Overflow
Hello, I am trying to create a page where there are 3 text boxes. If another page is needed I need for a new page to be created with the same 3 text boxes and if another page is needed etc. Here is the code I have.....but it is putting the 3 new text boxes on page 1 and creates a new blank page. What am I doing wrong? Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 12/23/2009 by Marsha ' ActiveDocument.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, 72#, _ 36#, 486#, 18#).Select Selection.ShapeRange.TextFrame.TextRange.Select ...

Split body text between two slides in PowerPoint 2007
I would like to split body text between two slides the way the instructions say I should be able to do. That is, I would like to be working in the Outline tab, position the Insert point, and press the Enter key. This does not work for me. Instead of splitting the slide into two, I just get a new blank slide after the slide I'm trying to split. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or are the instructions just wrong? I think the instructions are incomplete. Hitting Enter creates the title placeholder of the next slide for you. Hit Enter again and then Tab to continue...

Requisition Notifications
Add PO Number as an automated field in requisition notifications, so that emails can include the PO Number when users are notified that their requisition was transferred to Great Plains. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

Memo is just a bunch of numbers
I just switched from Money 2002 to Money 2005 S.B. When I download transactions from USBank, I get a whole bunch of meaningless (to me anyway) numbers in the Memo section of each transaction. It's a pain because I have to delete them for each transaction. I don't use the memo section a lot so I like to leave it blank. I never had this "auto-fill" of the Memo when I used Money 2002. Can I turn this off, or do something else to prevent it from happening? Thanks for any help. Maybe this option will help: Tools->Settings->Online Services Uncheck 'add a des...

Linking text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to link two areas of a document so that the text (say a date) that is entered in one area appears in another area and when one changes the text in the first area the text in the text in the second automatically changes? If so can these links be made between text in the document and and a header or footer? Yes, they can. You need bookmarks, cross-references, and the StyleRef field. All of them were carelessly left out of the Word 2008 help, so you need to look them up in Google. Here are the ...

Help Importing Text File and Getting Right Format
Hi I have a text file that has our customers emails separated by commas. I want to get this list imported into excel with each of the email addresses appearing on a separate row in one column. I tried the import wizard and I get one of two results, all the emails in separate columns. Meaning they all show up in Row A under Column A-ZZZ, or they all show up in Row A Column A. The goal is to get each one in a separate row all under column A. Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Brandon I'd open the text file in MSWord. Then change all the commas to a paragraph mark Look under the ...

how to stop auto converting number to date?
Hi here is my problem. I type 9.1 -> I get september 1 (In my country decimal is ",", but lots of files comes with ".") Thats nothing, it is easy to correct, but I'am using copy/paste from lots of different files/pages/apps, and on every number that can be converted to date, Excel converts it to date. Worst it can not be converted back. Maybe there is an option to completely turn off this kind of conversion and leave it like text, so I can use replace, or other function? Begin the entry with an apostrophe; '9.1 This will make it text OR pre-format the ce...

Probelems with "Review Your Current Budget Status" page
When I review my current budget status, some of the budgeted amounts are incorrect - in some cases more than double what they should be. I cannot figure out where the budget is obtaining theses amounts. How can I get rid of whatever is incorrect or just change the amounts of the budgeted amounts so I can move on with this process. -- Tracey I have also experienced a problem that sounds similar, specifically under the debt budget area. I thought I might have had two bill entries, but I didn't. Just in case I deleted any bills that would show up under the debt budget and there are...