Text box disappears on chart

I added a text box to a chart and when I click off of it, the text box disappears (goes behind the chart).  I have tried Bring to Front and Bring Forward, and it may or may not stay visible and print.  I have clicked on the frame of the text box (it changes pattern) and tried Bring to Front - same problem.

Any ideas?

Carole O
0
O (29)

The text box is on the worksheet, not the chart.  To fix the problem,

Select the text box, and choose Edit>Cut
Select the chart (you'll see handles on its corners and sides)
Choose Edit>Paste, to paste the text box onto the chart.

Click away from the chart, and the text box should remain visible.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/12/2004 12:30:35 AM
Next time, the easy way to add a textbox the the chart is to select the
chart, and just type whatever you want in the textbox. Excel packs your
text into a textbox in the middle of the chart. Format, resize, and move
this textbox, and you're done.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> The text box is on the worksheet, not the chart.  To fix the problem,
>
> Select the text box, and choose Edit>Cut
> Select the chart (you'll see handles on its corners and sides)
> Choose Edit>Paste, to paste the text box onto the chart.
>
> Click away from the chart, and the text box should remain visible.
>
> Carole O wrote:
>
>> I added a text box to a chart and when I click off of it, the text box
>> disappears (goes behind the chart).  I have tried Bring to Front and
>> Bring Forward, and it may or may not stay visible and print.  I have
>> clicked on the frame of the text box (it changes pattern) and tried
>> Bring to Front - same problem.

0
DOjonNOT (619)

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

Chart Wizard #5
Does excel 2007 have a chart wizard? If so, how do I access it? The chart wizard no longer exists in Excel 2007, RIP. You create a chart using the various chart buttons on the Insert tab, then struggle through the three Chart Tools contextual tabs looking for the controls to set up the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Liberty" <Liberty @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1186EF-4C15-4E3D-A642-D0EA334C1192@microsoft.com... > Does excel...

Easy dynamic chart.
Creating a dynamic chart is difficult, there should be a dynamic chart wizard that will create it with you. Also if my serie value is a name range, it would be nice to just right the Name range directly not with the complex formula. ='xyz.xlsx'!name range but just name range. xyz and name range is a fictive value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Provide space in text
Where text and numbers are at different locations in different cells what formula could be used to suit this type of information. I want to be able to put a space between the main body of text on the left and give a space between the text and the start of any numbers are in the cell. Example 1: A1 = Abelia Edward Goucher2 litre Should be: Abelia Edward Goucher 2 litre Example 2: A2 = Acer campestre Nanum180stem 6-8 Should be: Acer campestre Nanum 180stem 6-8 Thankyou if can be of help. Pat If you double clcik in the cell with the data then you can move th blink line to were you wan...

Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling
I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it prints out eht. HELP!! Might try an updated printer driver. What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows? Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98 How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198...

Custumize Chart Tittle Description
How can I make the Chart Tittle to be equal to a specific cell located in one sheet. For example, I have a description on the cell "D10" located in the sheetname "Black" . I want this description to be the Chart Tittle because is a number that will change in the daily basic. I have been using this formula "=Black!D10"; however, is not working. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Click on the title, type =, and then click on D10 on Black. Or click on the title, and type =Black!$D$10 -- Rob Powered by Creative Laziness "Maperalia" wrote: > How can I...

GENERATE a TEXT FILE Using INPUT from a Form ??
I need to generate a Text file using (partly) information entered by the user on a form. I already have the TEMPLATE for the text file......I need to generate a COPY of the file with the word entered by the user into the form INSERTED into the text file. The text file is actually code for a web page (will have an .htm extension). The file is simply an exact copy of an existing template with only ONE ITEM of the text changed to a word that is entered into a form by a user. Example: One line within the template file is: "We have several of these items available in BLUE." I have...

MFC DLL Dialog Box
Hello All, I am trying to link a MFC DLL to a MFC executable. The MFC DLL has a dialog template in it and has one entry point function in it. Dialog box template has the corresponding class as CLoadDlg. >From the executable I call the entry point function. Everything is working fine till this point. Now in entry point function I am creating a dialog box object and trying to display the dialog box (by calling DoModal). But this is not working and I see an assertion failure. Can someone give me some hints on how to get this dialog box up from the DLL. In DLL: ======= extern "C" ...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...

Services Invoices Get "DROP SHIP" box checked Automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA45AC.F9A0B1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everybody, Here is another story. we are GP 10 SP3 and we also a Field Service (Depot Module) installed = for which we use an Invoice ( SVC000000) and our type is Service type = Invoice. At the time of posting the Service Charges being generated by the Depot = Module, the Drop ship box gets checked automatically for which we can't = charge the customer for shipping charges. Basically we eve...

sort special text/numbers in format with many dots
Hi I need your help with sorting in Excel! I have mani Text fields with numbers into it. As example: 1 5.1 1.2 10.2.1 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 And it should sorted like this 1 1.2 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 5.1 10.2.1 How can I sort this like numbers? My problem is, that not all Numbers have the same format as x.x.x.x! And I can't change this Text-Fields to Numbers, because 10.6.1 looks the like 37052 :-( Any suggestions? Thx Marco Hi With your data in column A, insert a blank column at B. In B1 enter =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND(".&q...

full-text indexing error
Hi Getting the following error during install at select SQL Server "Full-Text Indexing needs to be running on the specified SQL server." I've installed Index Service but cannot find any full-text indexing options anywhere? Help Matt Hi Matt, only three suggestions (haven't had this problem so far): - check the service "Microsoft Search" and start it and set type to automatic - in SQL Server Enterprise Manager go to folder "Supporting Services" (don't know the exact english name as I only have a german SQL Server here) and check the serv...

Copy & Paste Chart
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another. However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot" with "EMBED". Ideas??? TIA - Bob What's your question? You don't say what you're looking for. What does the formula bar say in parentheses after "EMBED"? You can copy the chart as a picture: hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and choose the On Screen and Picture options. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutor...

"Run" has disappeared
Hi, I'm running Win XP Pro, SP3. My "Start" menu no longer has the "run" function in it. I'd be grateful for suggestions. Good luck, Dan Daniel Schaffer wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Win XP Pro, SP3. > > My "Start" menu no longer has the "run" function in it. I'd be grateful for > suggestions. > > Good luck, Dan > > Right-click on Start > Properties > Start Menu tab, click "Customize" If you'...

Convert Function Result To Plain Text
I want to copy the result of a concatenate function to another cell as plain text (cell contents is the textual result not the function statement). I can't seem to find the function that does that. Can you steer me to it please. There is no such a function (think it over: it's impossible), it can be done with Copy/PasteSpecial-Values! -- Regards! Stefi „"Questor"” ezt írta: > I want to copy the result of a concatenate function to another cell as plain > text (cell contents is the textual result not the function statement). I > can'...

Help with summing numbers in cells that also contain text
Hello all, I have a work schedule where the column heading is the employee's name and the cells below indicate what the employee's status was for that date, as follows: col A col B Date Smith 01/01/07 8.0 SIC 01/02/07 4.0 SIC 01/03/07 D (indicating worked the day) 01/04/07 8.0 VAC TOTAL SIC Hrs: 12.0 I've tried extracting the numerical values into a hidden helper column "C" using the following formula: =IF(RIGHT(B2,3)="SIC",LEFT(B2,3),"") It extracts the correct value, how...