surface chart #5

Will excel graph a real surface chart from data in 3
columns (x, y and z), so it's a perspective plot?
0
anonymous (74722)

Ye

You have to arrange your data as a table with the x values across the top and the y values down the LH side, and fill in the Z values for each x, y pair.  Then select the whole table and go into the surface chart otion.  You can change the perspective, magnification, viewing angles etc in the dialog box

Happy charting!
Maybe.  XL's 3D charting capability is rather limited.  For more see
the Excel/Charts/3D Surface page of my web site.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <150701c3fbba$fb79faf0$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Will excel graph a real surface chart from data in 3
> columns (x, y and z), so it's a perspective plot?

Business Portal 2.5 to Business Portal 3.0
We had a BP 2.5 and GP 8.0 installation that I used to train myself on prior to installing for a client. We have since upgraded to Great Plains version 9. I have been tasked with getting Business Portal 3.0 installed and running internally. I removed Business Portal via Add/Remove programs, but recieved an error when removing the database objects. The GP DYNAMICS database is the incorrect version (it was upgraded). So currently I have no Business Portal 2.5 installed to upgrade (I completed the application removal process, probably a mistake) and cannot remove the current BP databa...

Excel 2007 pivot chart/table copying vs Excel 2003
In Excel 2007, when I copy a pivot table with it's chart, the new chart copy remains linked to the original pivot table's data series. Furthermore, when I go to the chart and select 'Change Data Connection' it is all grayed out. So, I cannot seem to figure out how to produce a copy chart off of a copied pivot table. Here is what I would do in Excel 2003 specifically, that I cannot seem to find an alternative in Excel 2007: 1. Stage my data in Excel in "Sheet1" 2. Create a new pivot table on a new sheet called "Pivot1" and the chart on a sheet I cal...

Excel Chart with 2 bars and 2 trend lines
I want to produce a single Excel chart with 2 bars per period and two trend lines running above the bars. The bars show current and prior year debtor balances per month for a 12 month period. The trend lines shown current and prior year DSO figures. Simon - Are these trendlines, which show a statistical fit of the series they represent? Or are they additional series, plotted with lines instead of more columns? If these are trendlines, plot your columns, then select one series, and use Add Trendline from the Chart menu. Repeat for the other series. If these are additional series...

Which best chart for income?
What kind of chart (for example, a bar graph, line graph, or pictograph [e.g., pie chart]) would be good for displaying Patty's income and why? Why would displaying her income in a chart be good for Patty? How will having a chart for her company's income be looked at by the bank? "EqualacornLady" wrote > What kind of chart (for example, a bar graph, line graph, or pictograph > [e.g., pie chart]) would be good for displaying Patty's income and why? > Why would displaying her income in a chart be good for Patty? How will > having a chart for her comp...

Excel 2007 Charts
I am having trouble getting my Excel 2007 to accept my graph changes readily. I clicked a series and changed to a line chart for that series, however, the chart did not change the series. I keep running into issues trying to make a chart with a combination bar and line. It looks like it should be a simple thing to do but I am having tons of difficulties getting this to work properly. -- Susan ...

Business Portal 2.5 Installation Error #3
I'm trying to install BP2.5 and keep getting this error (below). I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've tried cleaning up any extra files laying around that could be causing this error to no availe. I'm really stumped here. 'mbfpackager data importation process has failed. Please see mbfpackager.import.nomerge.common.xml file for more information'. inside this file I found Event_Information>System.BadImageFormatException: The format of the file 'GPReg.dll' is invalid. File name: "GPReg.dll" at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName ...

Chart defaults?
Can I assign standard chart defaults, such as Font, Area Fill, and Legend position? I know this can be done using User Templates and Macros, but I would like to avoid going that extra step. Thanks. Yes, Use the Chart menu to set a user defined chart. Cheers -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32017 Select a chart that's formatted the way you want your default charts to look. Fr...

FRx 6.5
I have a user who receives Error 91 (Object variable or With Block Variable not set) when she tries to run reports through Designer in FRx 6.5. I believe this to be a configuration issue but not sure where to go to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Donna Martinez Hi Error 91 is a very popular error in FRX. Where is the output report going to? i.e Drill down viewer, excel etc...? Have you applied the lastest Service Packs for FRX 6.5 You need to make sure that FRX client is version 6.5.152 above since this service pack version fixes some Error 91 queries. here is a list of...

Can the left column panes be frozen when doing functional chart
Am doing a swim lane flow chart that is using many pages. Would be nice to freeze the functional names on the left of each page. Much like you can do in excel. Can this be done in Visio? ...

Changing Colors in a Bar Chart
Hi guys, I have a bar chart that has 3 bars in a chart. I am using a 2D Clustered Column. I need for each bar to have a seperate color. Name FSR QC CQA Leola 2 8 0 The color for the three? Using Late Binding, as I can't use Early Binding since others are using different versions of Excel (2002 and 2003). Select Case .ActiveCell.Value Case "QC" .Sheets("Chart1").Select .ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(x).Select .Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 19 Case "FSR" ...

Charting only Used Range with Named Ranges
All right I have been working on this for awhile and I cannot seem to get it perfect. I have a number of charts that take daily security information and chart it as a time series. I am trying to automate this by using named ranges. When I do this the chart's x axis extends much further than the data which is charted. Is there a way to use a countif or sumproduct funtion in the offset formula to only chart the used data? Any workaround would be appreciated. Thanks, Cory -- cooter24 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cooter24's Profile: htt...

Can't eliminate flicking of chart on every calculate
I am using Excel 2002. I have real time data being charted , and I manually calculate ranges and sheets as needed. This is not a problem. I have recently added charts to plot this data. Every time there is a recalculation anywhere on the sheet (even areas not being charted) the charts flicker. Since there is new data multiple times per second , this is a problem. Yes, I know about Application.DisplayAlerts = False, and tried inserting that before EVERY calculation call. I even went so far as to use the LockWindowUpdate api call, which freezes the entire app. Unfortunatel...

hwo to tshoot exchange 5.5 performance?
Any tools available to do it? The MS tools are only for newer Exchange versions. Outlook users have been complaining to me about frequent slowness accessing emails. - tex anything in your event logs? is it everyone, or just certain users? can you be more specific/explicit in the description of the problem? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tex" <tex@aspam101.org> wrote in message news:#rvep7#jGHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Any tools available to do it? The MS tools are only for newer Exchange > versions. > > Outlook users have been complaining to me about fr...

exch 5.5 MTA needed after upgrade to exch 2003 ??
Hello, We had Exchange server 5.5 on our old server with NT4, SERVER1 now i installed a new win2003 server with exchange 2003 on SERVER2. everything works fine, domain is integrated, exchange is integrated, all acounts migrated and inbound and outbound is configured on the new server, SERVER2. So i thought that i could turn the old exchange services off on SERVER1. But when i do that, i have for some accounts the e-mail that is not getting out or in. So when i turn old exchange off and i send a mail to bob@test.com or to distribution list bobbies@test.com, bob will not get the message...

Exchange 2003 shows Exchange 5.5 login in OWA
I'm working on this server after the fact. It's an Exchange 2003 server on a Windows Server 2003 box. When users log into OWA, they get the Exchange 5.5 login screen. Not sure where to start looking. It is the only Exchange server on the domain. Any suggestions? Thank you. what do u mean with exchange 5.5 login screen? "Arnold" <axarce@comcast.net> wrote in message news:j38gq2duqh4b10f52o0pmt0u3t8nk1rrjv@4ax.com... > I'm working on this server after the fact. > > It's an Exchange 2003 server on a Windows Server 2003 box. When users > log i...

Novell NDS/Netware 5.x and GroupWise 5.X TO AD/Exchange 2003
Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions on migrating from NDS and Groupwise to AD/Exchange 2003? I am NOT looking for links to Microsoft sites as I already have the whitepapers, migration guides - what I am looking for is SOMEONE's own experience. Thank you. Mark, Yeah - don't do it. I've been involved in a lot of them, and the first question asked is, "What is the business reason for doing this?" and all they can do is quote M$-paid for studies that show the alleged benefits. There are none. AD/Exchange 2003 is hard enough to manage without having t...

Triangle Chart in Excel Urgent
Ok here we go: I was in Management class yesterday and we were brainstorming and her is what I need. I just need to know if it possible and maybe how. I need the chart to be in the Shape of a Isosceles Triangle wit wording on each out side length. Here is where it gets tricky. I nee three boxes that three different precentages will be put into. Each o the percentages represent a side of the triangle. Each percentage wil fill or shade up that portion of the triangle (after entered in th boxes) but must be able to overlap the other two percentages. I essence forming a type of pie chart. ...

My Insert Charts Buttons Are Greyed Out...Please Help
In Excel 2007 when I select the data range to create a chart, all the ribbon chart buttons are greyed out. I'm just trying to create a simple chart using dates and unit pricing. I really need to complete this project and I would be very grateful for any advice! Thank you. Make sure it's not a shared workbook, and that the worksheet isn't protected. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ac92629@gmail.com" <ac92629@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How do I change the order of item in a legend for a chart?
How do I change the order of items in a legend for an Excel chart? You can change the series order. Double click on a series and adjust the settings in the Series Order tab. Note that the order of appearance of different chart types cannot be mixed: column series are always grouped, as are line series and XY series. In addition, the order of series on the primary and secondary axes cannot be changed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How to create 4 Quadrant Chart in Excel 2003?
There are 4 quadrant charts available on net. Similar to that how can we create 4 quadrant charts in Excel 2003 version? If X axis represents Risk & Y axis represents returns in financial language, then if we draw line at center of X axis & Y axis, then four quadrants will be created with Quadrant details as below; Bottom Left Quadrant : Low Risk & Low Returns Top Left Quadrant : Low Risk & High Returns Top Right Quadrant : High Risk & High Returns Bottom Right Quadrant : High Risk & Low Returns Top right: x and y are positive Top left: x is negativ...

Sync Problem with Windows Mobile 5
Does the Money PPC work with Windows Mobile 5? After installing, when I sync, a dialog comes up that says 'Reading device databases' and it never goes away (ie sync never completes). I searched on the Internet, but only found other users with same problem, no solution. No WM 5 is NOT supported. There is most unlikely to be a patch until the next Money version. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Daminsk...

Chart DataSource Change
I am trying to change the datasource of an existing chart in VBA. Is there a way to do this in VBA. Our isssue is that we are moving to another source. So the example would be we take a range from an existing worksheet and move this to a new worksheet with the chart, but not in the same range. So the variables would be that we need to adjust the source range be the difference in the row or columns for each of the series. The main issue is how do we get the data source of the existing chart series? Thanks for any help. JJ, You can use macros to automate a lot of the series changes y...

Combo Box font size in Charts
I have created a chart which includes a combo box which refers to a list of names. The problem is that the font size is too small - size 10 - and I would like to make it bigger. Have tried changing the font size of the data range for the combo box but this has no effect. The properties of the combo box let me change its size but not the font size of the list of items. Any suggestions. Thanks Shirley Munro -- Shirley Munro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shirley Munro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid...

delete company from sql before removing from GP 7.5
I have deleted the related company from SY015000, DU000020 and DB_upgrade, however, when I try to log on to GP, now there are 3 lines in the company drop down box, one is blank, the other two are the live company. any ideas? thanks. The duplicated companies in the login window relate to the SY60100 table. There are another eight or so table you need to remove the reference to the company from. View the following KB Article for the full list of tables. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;861944 -------- Robert "hlv" <hlv@woosh.co.nz> wro...

Runtime error with exmerge 3.7 in Exchange 5.5
I am running exchange 5.5 and I have always used exmerge version3.7 to archive mailboxes to a PST. It crashed during a conversion once and now it will not open. I get a runtime error and abnormal program termination. I have downloaded the same version again, but I get the same error. I downloaded the newest version (version 6) and it opens, but I don't know if it is safe to use with exchange 5.5. I have two questions. First, how would I get the old version to work again. Second, is it safe to use version 6 with exchange 5.5? Any help would be appreciated. ...