Suppressed 0's on the vertical axis in Excel '97

I got an error the first time I tried to post this earlier this afternoon,
please accept my apologies if this is question is duplicated.

The question has come up in a local users group:
We are designing a column chart on excel 97, and we
want to have a suppressed zero on the vertical axis.
The automatic range comes up at 0 - 25.
Individual data values are between 12 and 19.
We want to make the vertical axis set at 10 - 20.
Can this be done

Thank you in advance for your thoughts,
Gary

Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, enter 10 for minimum and
20 for maximum. Don't re-check the boxes in the Auto column next to the
values you enter (believe it or not, some people check this and then
don't understand why Excel goes back to autoscale mode).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Literalgar wrote:
> I got an error the first time I tried to post this earlier this afternoon,
> please accept my apologies if this is question is duplicated.
>
> The question has come up in a local users group:
> We are designing a column chart on excel 97, and we
> want to have a suppressed zero on the vertical axis.
> The automatic range comes up at 0 - 25.
> Individual data values are between 12 and 19.
> We want to make the vertical axis set at 10 - 20.
> Can this be done
>
> Thank you in advance for your thoughts,
> Gary

Duplicate Axis Labels
I need to show the same axis labels on the left handside and the right hand side of the xy chart. I can add a secondary axis but them it messes up the trendlines and the both axis labels. Is there a way to have the same labels on both sides of the chart without messing up the trendlines? biscuitsmom: You can get left side axis labels by adding a custom axis, as discussed in thus tutorial: http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_custom_axis.htm To make your custom right axis, add a new data series with X values equal to the maximum value you want on the X axis. The Y values are the label...

HQ Server/Client Issues after applying HotFix 2.0.0115
I applied HotFix 2.0.0115 Tuesday night/Wednesday and today we seem to be having a lot of connection issues. Worksheet 401s are taking a long time to process, and by "a long time" I mean 5+ minutes instead of the usual 40 seconds. Whenever a client is connected to HQ, the machine that hosts HQ Server sees CPU usage at 70% or higher for the duration of the connection. Has anybody else experience this problem? Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C885DC.3C0CF2C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&...

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Exporting to excel
Hi, I have a little problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 and exporting to excel any data. While i'm trying to do that from machine with WinXP everything works great(IE doesnt close) but when i try to proceed that from Windows Server 2003 it fails. When i try to just open exported data, IE closes and excel appears but with no data because it cant find the file. When i try to save data to excel, IE closes as well but data is exported. Furthermore when i have additional IE window opened i can export data(IE still closes). Thanks in advance Regards ...

Problems saving Excel & MS Office 2000 files.
We are seeing issues when saving files to user directory on a windows 2000 server. The users are all using Windows 2000 pro systems & Office 2000 Pro. The original files will disappear & a new file with a random 8 character name will appear in their directory. The file will have no security permissions associated with it. It is not happening all of the time, just random. The servers are all Dell 1500sc or 1600sc w/1.2 gig of ram and 60 gig of hd space on the shared directory. The servers are also acting as a print server as well as running Norton Anti-Virus Corp Edition...

Using Excel with Access
Is it possible to have excel update automaticlly if I'm entering data into an offline Access Report. I'd like to be able to enter data into access and have it update my excel report at the same time. Is this Possible? If so How? Thanks -- petevang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400501 ...

Excel 97 Validation
I have cell formatted for percent and would like to validate the same cell to enter a whole number between 1 and 100. I want an input to be in whole numbers with the operand and displayed as 85%. The problem is entering a value of 85 yields 8500% due to the format of the operand. I am also using this cell in a formula in another cell. I then changed the validation to decimal between .01 and 1. This works fine except now the input has to be .85 for 85% (Although I discovered it works fine if you do not go out the range at first. You can repeatedly enter whole numbers until a number is ent...

In Excell--- I want to rotate a table 90 degrees
I need to rotate a spreadsheet (11 x 8 1/2)landscape to be on a portrait (8 1/2 x 11). Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet? you mean actually print it with what shows as the columns being the rows and vice versa? highlight the original table and as you have the last cell highlighted, note in the NAME box on the upper left the Row x Column numbers. Select a range on another sheet that is exactly the flip of those numbers (in other words, stretch until you get the Row x Column to be the Column x Row of the original size). When you have selected this new range, type =TRANSPOSE(hig...

Netscape 7.0 export
Any way to export mail, address book, etc from Netscape 7.1 into Outlook? Doesn't seem to be supported beyond Netscape 4.0.... "Al Sheppard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512d01c3e529$c921ef10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Any way to export mail, address book, etc from Netscape 7.1 > into Outlook? Doesn't seem to be supported beyond Netscape > 4.0.... You need to use Netscape 4.x or Eudora as an intermediary. ...

Excel Solver
I have a very simple model I've created with with Excel Solver. Easy data with which I can easily come up with solutions seems to baffle Solver. Is there anybody out there that would receive this spreadsheet to and give me some input? "Mark Reuber" <aaronprinting@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there anybody out there that would receive this > spreadsheet to and give me some input? I struggle with Solver myself sometimes. It is not always able to find solutions, especially with the default options. But I would be willing to take a look-see. Send your workb...

Media for CRM 3.0
Where do customeres on software assurance get media for CRM 3.0. Will it come in the mail, or does the partner have to order it form them? -- --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Certified Integration Between Microsoft CRM to Microsoft Solomon ---------------------------- Pierre, You have to order a mediakit for CRM 3.0. This must be doen via a Microsoft Partner. It's around ? 30,00 -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Pierre Hulsebus" <support@ehtc.com> w...

Money 97 on Microsoft XP #2
Bob, thanks for answer. I=B4m located in Madrid, Spain. How could I buy Money 2006? Microsoft Europe adviced that is only available on USA. And in any case, after bought and downloaded M2006: It will be possible to import my files created with Money 97? regards , Joe. I can only think of Amazon.com or eBay. However it is virtually impossible to get a file created by a non-US version into a US one. There are some very tedious steps to export and import but you lose so much information it really isn't worth it. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/28.aspx and importantly the Notes at...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

There are pink vertical lines on my blue background page of a Pub
Have a look at the following article: Why has Publisher gone blue & purple? http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm (scroll down to: Q: Why am I getting psychedelic colours in a pre-2002 version of Publisher on Windows XP?) -- John Inzer ghartmann wrote: Nothing Please use the big mysterious white space to describe your problem in detail. Is this shown on screen or in print? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

How to Change Media Player in Excel
While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperlinks it was opening in the player which I dont know...So, I wanna change my video player to WMP or VLC. is it possible? how cld? This has to do with the file associations on your computer, not Excel. Do a search for "change file associations" in your favorite search engine and follow the instructions for your OS. --JP On Feb 2, 11:59=A0pm, Change Media Player in Excel Hyperlink <Change Media Player in Excel Hyperl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperl...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 #2
Is GP9.0 supported on SQL Server 2008? Does GP9.0 appear to perform correctly on SQL Server 2008? Thank you. GP 9.0 is not officially supported on SQL Server 2008, however, if your databases are on SQL Server 2005, you can transfer them to a SQL Server 2008 box under database compatibility 9.0 (SQL Server 2005). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Marv" wrote: > Is GP9.0 supported on SQL Server 2008? Does GP9.0 appear to p...

funny working ListBox or a bug in VS 6.0 ?
Hi! I have a problem with setting the character set in my ListBox (List). When I create a CFont object with a specific character set and I set that font in the Device Context recieved from the ListBox, then it is OK. I can write through that DC in the chosen charset. See Code : CFont * font = new CFont; CFont *oldFont; CPaintDC dc( List ); font->CreateFont (28,0,0,0,700,0,0,0, RUSSIAN_CHARSET,OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, DEFAULT_QUALITY, DEFAULT_PITCH|FF_DONTCARE, "Arial"); oldFont = dc.SelectObject( font); dc.ExtTextOut(10,170,0, NULL,"some text", str...

windows 7 and outlook client for crm 3.0 supported?
according to latest implementation guide 3.05 it is not :-(. anyone please. -- thanks in advance / danke im voraus, fritz -- Fritz Theiss ...

how to use vba in excel
I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel Have you tried using the macro recorder. If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barkeroo" <Barkeroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D59A36AF-B67C-4E24-8F1D-91917956CA79@microsoft.com... >I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel ...

Excel 97 generating email automatically starts Lotus 6. DefaultOK
Hi, An Excel 97 macro generates an email succesfully, with Outlook 2000. Since installing Lotus Notes V6.02 - a minimum requirement - LN kicks off, producing error messages and ultimately fails to send a message. This occurs whether this is an upgrade of Notes or a new install and both with and without a live Notes Account. System default email is Outlook, in IE and in the registry X Still no idea how to compat these two programs and I would greatly appreciate any productive advice, but an alternative... Upgrade to Excel 2000 and use Notes V6.5 - worked fine with me - possibly even 6.02,...

Excel #45
How do I change the column heading from number(1234...) back to leters(ABCD...) Hi Kelly goto Tools - Options - General. and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kelly wrote: > How do I change the column heading from number(1234...) back to > leters(ABCD...) Hi Kelly, Go to Tools-->Options and on the General tab uncheck the R1C1 Reference Style check box. HTH, Katherine "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C56C1F0-4FA8-4ECE-A8D4-589AF5D4A9FF@microsoft.com... > How do I change the column head...

translate dll/tlb (for Excel as client) from VB.net to C#
I created a library control in VB.Net some time ago for implementing some .Net functionality for Excel as the client -- and made it com visible. I want to redo this in C#. Additionally, I want to be able to pass data to this control from Excel VBA. And lastly, I need to display some results in a gui thing like a label or - ideally - just the user control form The following is the Interface part of my dll/tlb (I left out the guts of the procedures). What is the C# syntax of this? Only need enough to get me started Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices Imports System.Data....

How to creat Organization from Excel file with alone picture file?
Dear All, We plan to create Organization Chart, and we hope all employees pictures are alone picture file, and they are saved in hard disk individually, and the file name is employee ID. The Excel file is like below. 0001 AAA D:\0001.jpg 0002 BBB D:\0002.jpg 0003 CCC D:\0003.jpg how can we create organization chart from this Excel file and show all pictures? Thanks in advance. ...