Superimpose one chart on another

How do I superimpose one chart onto another so that I can see all of the data
in both charts?  One is a scatter graph and the other is a line graph using
different sets of data in each graph.
1
Kirsten (34)

Hi,

Well you can superimpose two chart but most of us would suggest that you
chart both sets of data on the xy scatter and then for the one you want to be
a line, you select its series and choose Chart, Chart Type and change it to
an xy scatter with a line.

If you want to supperimpose to charts put one over the other and right click
the plot area, choose Format Plot area, and on the Patterns tab set the Fill
to None.  Then Right click the Chart Area and do the same thing.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Kirsten" wrote:

> How do I superimpose one chart onto another so that I can see all of the data
> in both charts?  One is a scatter graph and the other is a line graph using
> different sets of data in each graph.

Is there a way to associate an account with another account in a
custom field or custom entity? I need to track what account referred other accounts for marketing. For example: "Company A" referred "Company B" and "Company C" It tried setting up a custom entity, but can only have one relationship set up between the Referral entity and the Account entity....or....am I missing something? Voni If you are using V3.0 (I assume that you are if you are talking custom entities) then use relationships - this is exactly the type of scanario the function was created for. Cozy "Voni" <Voni@discussions.micros...

charting multiple lines on secondary axis
I am working with a line-column chart with 2 axes chart in Excel. I would like to know if it is possible to put several lines on the secondary axis? I am able to put one on via the chart wizard and one by clicking on chart>add data. When I use chart>add data for the third line, I lose the first line. Is two the max or am I doing something wrong? Thanks -- al Don't use the built-in custom chart type. Make your chart as a column chart with all of the data. Select a series you want to convert to a line, and using Chart menu > Chart Type, change it to a line. Select the ne...

Y- AXIS LABEL IS TRUNCATED in EXCEL CHART ?
Hi @ all I am using the chart in Excel But My Y axis value is truncated by last two charaters, i want to display my y-axis Label i follow the article ID : 870698 still is not fixed is there any way i can find the solution for this Thanks ...

Help on chart
Hi guys. I need your help, I have two year 2003 and 2004 I have each year divided en month. each month has a total of month others each month has a total of issues What i need is to align all this information on a spread sheet an create a chart, where its compares the two years and give me th percentage of improvement in case there is one, but i just do not kno how to do this. How do I put two years using the same months and at the same time putting a total of orders and issue so it can get a percentage and sho it on the chart. Thanks for your hel -- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

Wind Rose Chart
I would like to be able to chart with Excel, a 360-degree WindRose that displays data points of % AnnualAverageWindFrequency and % AnnualAverageWindPower for each of 16 directions. Is anyone aware of a program written with Excel that can produce such a WindRose similar to or better looking than those produced by canned Wind Feasibility programs? Thanks! -- ranallima ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ranallima's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25911 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

stop another mfc dialog appl (.exe) from an mfc application
Hi, is there some sample code to stop another mfc dialog appl (.exe) from an mfc appl (vc6.0) ? THANKS ! What do you mean by "Stop a Dialog"? ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com To kill or shutdown the .exe. "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > What do you mean by "Stop a Dialog"? > > ---------- > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com > > Get hold of the handle of main window using FindWindow. Then you can use ::PostMessag(handle, WM_CLOSE). ---------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com it works ! Thank you Ajay ! "Ajay Kalra" wr...

Need stacked chart help #3
Yeah i have looked at his examples, but could not quite find the righ one. I need something like that, but then with only 2 stacked bars (f.i Europe + Asia) One that contains 3 variables and one that contains only 2 variables. One should scale on the Y axes and the other on a secondary Y axes. Thanks in advance for your help -- wjvivee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1647 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27825 The example shows ...

combining a stacked column and line chart together
I need to know how I combine a stacked column chart with a line chart (2 or more lines are required on the chart) with two different y axis values. Create a stacked column chart using all of the data. Select a column series in the stack that you want to change to a line. Go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a line type. Repeat as needed for other series. Double click on any series you want to move to the secondary axis, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. Repeat as needed. You should try to keep all of the stacked columns on the same axis, otherwise they will not stack corr...

CRM 4.0 More than one user queue was found for the given object
Hi, I upgraded CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and when trying to assign an account to another user get this error: "More than one user queue was found for the given object". This is the error with deverrors turned on in web.config. In the event viewer, I get the following: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 4/14/2008 Time: 9:03:57 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMSRVR Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 4/14/2008 9:03:57 PM Event time (UTC): 4/15/2008 2:03:57 AM Eve...

Combine two different column charts
Hi, I would like to combine two different column charts, the clustered column that compare values across categories and the stacked column that compare contribution of each value to a total. Immagine I have the following data: Service Sector Spain year 2007: 100 - year 2008: 120 All sectors Spain year 2007: 450 - year 2008: 460 Service Sector Italy year 2007: 150 - year 2008: 150 All sectors Italy year 2007: 500 - year 2008: 505 I would like a graph that shows me for each country two columns, one for 2007 and one for 2008. However, I also want to see in each column how big the service ...

importing data from another table
I have a table with 2 columns I and Z, the table is basic numbers. I have, that has more columns, but has column with I and another with Z, the second table has only one value which is I, how can I bring the value from the other table into this table??? i have been trying the IF command, but that goes on forever. i am saying =if(f8=q8, r8, if..... thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Could you please rephrase your question It sounds like you need ...

Charting?
Hi People I have just emigrated from Lotus '97 and have a charting problem. I am a diabetic and keep records of my blood tests which I then average out over a week. I wish to chart my weekly blood test results but do not understand the terminology Re: pivot charts and pivot tables. How can I do this without any knowledge of macros etc. Thanks in advance Roy It's hard to know without knowing more in detail how your data is set up, but pivot table report and chart sounds like a good idea, assume the dates are in A and the blood test results are in B, create a pivot table and in the...

file getting too big with charts
I've got a file that has multiple tabs, each with two charts tied to dynamic tables (tables based on pivot chart data and two dropdown lists). The problem is that the file is getting huge because I have so many copies of this going on. How can I reduce the file size (>30MB)? ...

bubble charts (again)
When using a bubble chart, I've been using 'width' as the thrid value, rather then area, via the 'Size represents' frame. Is there any way, however, to make the units in which you've specified the bubble width the same as the units on the axes? At the moment, bubbles within a chart are the right size in relation to each other, but bubbles on different charts are not. Josie - This would be rather a difficult, albeit tedious, task. You would have to first make sure the axis sizes and scales of the multiple charts all matched up. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

PPT hangs up when editing Excel charts
Editing PPT imbedded Excel charts, PPT constantly locks up, forcing me to have to recover the PPT file. I know this problem has been documented... any fixes? Thanx! -- Bill Assuming this is 2007 SP2 theres a hotfix available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975021 Choose view and request near the top -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Bill" wrote: > Editing PPT imbedded Excel charts, PPT constantly locks up, forcing me to > have to recover...

How can I split slices of my pie chart into pieces?
I created a pie chart with three pieces of pie. How can I split those pieces into more pieces? For example, one of the pieces represents 4 miles. I would like this piece to then having lines in it illustrting 3.5 miles, .2 miles, .2 miles and .1 miles? Is this possible? ...

multi-surface surface chart
I am working with a surface plot and would like to show a comparison between different surfaces. Is it possible to have multiple surfaces on one chart? If it is, is it also possible to make certain surfaces semi-transparent to allow the viewer to see all surfaces? Thanks, Stet ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry, but the answer to both questions is no. Excel's 3D chart features are very limited. John Walkenbach For Excel tips, macros, &...

OLAP w/ Pivot update more than one page failure
I have an three OLAP cubes with Pivot table front-end. Each cube/pivot is on separate spreadsheet accessing 2 different databases. What I want to do is 1. Is is possible to have an auto_open that prompts the user to select a name out of the list from the pivot table? 2. How do you link all of the pivot "Name" fields together so that one change to the table, changes them all. I found a solution from contextures.com, but I am getting an error: Runtime error 1004 Unable to get the PivotFields property of the PivotTable Class. I have tried everything and I can't get it to wo...

witch one should i get
Hi im Sam i want to buy the latest ms money but witch one should i get i want every can someone compare with Microsoft Money 2006 Standard and Microsoft Money 2006 Premium and Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe or Microsoft Money 2006 Small Business please would someone help be to decide the best one thank you Sam M06 is two versions obsolete hence two versions closer to being unsupported/disabled from online services. Deluxe is fine for most people. Premium adds some features of slight value to some and large value to others. If you do not have a business need, do not get the business editi...

Charting in EXCEL
I want to create a chart in EXCEL that, year by year, shows the range of a certain variable with four stacked bars for quartiles of a universe. I think I can figure out how to do this. On each of those annual bars, I would also like to show the relative position of two special extra data points. Probably they would be indicated by a diamond and a circle, or something like that. Though I know I could manually paste a diamond or circle onto each of these yearly automated stacked bars in nearly the correct position, that would be messy and a bit of work. And so I ask: Will EXCEL allow me to ...

Newbire Question: How to Transfer Outlook Address Book To Another PC?
Hello, I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address book transferred onto his laptop from his old PC. I have no idea how to do this, so if someone could help me or maybe there is a link that has the information, it would be appreciated. jeff <Zombieboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:so3dl1tv64qnr8d738l0t5brk4kto2pp5m@4ax.com... > Hello, > > I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a > laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address...

Chart
I'm trying to generate a chart with tons per hour on the y-axis and efficiency on the y-axis as well (opposite the to the first), and the date on the x-axis. So, I guess what I want to do is have the ability to have two y-axis. any help will be appreciated! First generate the chart with 2 variables (ton/hr and efficiency) with the date on the X-axis, then once the chart is built, click the one that you want on the right y-axis, right click and select Format Data Series, from there go to the tab Axis and select Secondary axis. Now you have independent scale for each variable, once...

how does one create a monogramm on stationery
how does one create a monogramm on stationery >-----Original Message----- >how does one create a monogramm on stationery >. > By using the right tool. Creat an image in your favorite image creation program designed this purpose. Then copy an paste the image into your page at any location that you wish. ...

How do I edit replace source data links for a chart?
I changed the name of a document which was connected as link to some charts in another spreadsheet. Now the charts are blank becasue they are looking for the spreadsheet with the name that does not exist anymore. How do I change the source data without going into each chart and doing it by hand? Thanks! You could try Edit menu > Links, if another workbook has the right structure (i.e., same sheet names and data ranges as the missing file). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ ...

View Updated Chart
Hi, I have a pivot table that drives a performance chart. I have the pivot table worksheet protected by a password. I have a macro that displays the performance chart to a user. However the chart will not correctly update as the pivot table is password protected. is there a way around this? I have tried writing a macro that unprotects the pivot table and refreshes the data, however when run the macro asks the user for the password. Mickey Unprotects the pivottable worksheet??? If yes, then you could have your code supply that password: worksheets("sheet1").unprotect p...