Summary Chart

Hello, was hoping to find a solution for the following scenerio or the best
chart and process for:

1) Have 6 columns with survey results - the headers are (PQ, PA, PR, SP, DT,
CI).
2) The data rows under the headers are numbers from 1 - 6 (basically a
rating).

I am attempting to show a summary chart for each worksheets (each worksheet
has survey results from a particular location).

So I will create a chart in each worksheet for each location, and then one
worksheet will be a summary chart of all the other worksheets/locations
combined

Any idea how to do the chart inside each worksheet for each location and
also for all worksheets combined?
0
Mike1154 (1216)

Disappearing Data Label in chart
I have Excel 2003 I have a clustered column chart that shows the date that a monthly report was turned in from each unit. I put data labels on each column that show the week number and the date, so the chart for October would show: "Wk1 10/6" or Wk1 10/22 but for one unit, the data label has disappeared. By clicking around I can find the box for the unit up at the top of the chart but if I pull it down to the position I want it in (and have also found the option for it and chose "center" ) when I click off of it it disappears again and is invisible at the top of the ...

Excel 2003 changes format of earlier charts
Upon opening a chart in Excel 2003 (that was made in Excel 2000) the formatting of the charts is lost. I have a data series and I've deleted the line between two points. In Excel 2003 that line comes back, which I don't want, and I can't seem to be able to delete in 2003 without it changing the points around. Any suggestions ...

How do I create a chart from subtotals in Excel
I am trying to create a chart just picking up the subtotal figures, but it seems to get confused and produces a nonsensical chart. On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Marion <Marion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart just picking up the subtotal figures, but it >seems to get confused and produces a nonsensical chart. Use a pivot table. -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. Did you create the subtotals u...

Speedometer Chart #2
I want to create a speedometer chart for the following data Actual Hours 12 Target Hours 15 The data is just from one row.I might have many rows and each will hav a separate chart. I used the following example from Jon Peltier's website but I don' know whether the process of creating the donut chart is the sam regardless of what data I have or Does it change depending on the dat I listed above. In my speedometer chart I want 12 and 15 to be displayed and also th area should be shaded inside Please help with procedure!!!! Thanks !!!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Stacked Bar Chart w/multiple values
I have data from several dates. The data indicates how many days a file has been open. I have two different types of files. "Y" and "N". I need a stacked bar chart that will give me 4 groups of bars, based on the quantity of files. 0-21, 22-50, 51-100 and 100+ For each of the groups, I need one bar for each date. So, if I have five dates, I want five bars for 0-21, five bars for 22-50 and so on. I would like each of these bars to be stacked w/the number of Y's, then the number of N's. Help! ...

cntl+f does not find data that I can see in chart
I have two spreadsheets. In ss 1 there are names that are linked from ss 2. When I use ctrl+f to find the names, they are not found, even though I can see that they are there. Any help is appreciated. It is not finding it in the usual way because it is not really there. If you click the cell you will see the formula bar says Sheet1!A1 or whatever the cell is. To allow Control+f to find text, in the Find dialog box, click Options to expand the box. Under Look in: change Formulas to Values. That should do it. HTH Guy "mathew" wrote: > I have two spreadsheets. In ss...

Dynamic Charts #11
I am trying to create a dynamic line chart. The data in column A is dates and the data in the header row (location) would be the series for the chart. The actual data is units. Problem is, more dates could be added as well as more locations. Is there any way to name the ranges to account for more or less data on both location and date? Hi: I repeat my answer to another question here again. There is an elegant solution, called "dynamic named range", that works with the OFFSET command. Search the web with this jargon, or check out Jon Peltier's website; it contains links...

Scatter Chart Labels
In building a scatter chart in Access2007 x is Schedule Reliability y is Utilization I need the data point to be labeled with the "Operator" In Excel 2007 I'm using AddPro Labeler utility, it's great. This has me stumped in Access Operator Utilization Schedule Reliability xxx 8.47 98.32 Fleet 8.62 98.81 yyy 8.64 98.31 Thanks in advance to anyone who can help Bernie ...

how to plot an XY chart with labels specified by separate column
I want to plot a simple XY graph with data labels on the chart supplied by a column different than the data used to plot the data points. I know you can individually click on each label and change it manually, but I've got 50 points. Hi, Manually you can link data labels to cells by selecting the individual data label and then entering the cell reference via the formula bar. There is no quick way to do this without code but Rob Bovey has a free addin available that will make this chore a breeze. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy bioteker wrote: > I w...

Funnel Chart (?)
Not sure if I have the right description here. What I'm trying to show is the range of possible outcome values around a mean over time. I actually have something working, but there are a couple small problems with it and I'm wondering how others may have accomplished this. Example here: http://vfdrake.home.comcast.net/~vfdrake/files/excel/funnel_chart.png This would resemble the charts NOAA shows to plot predicted storm paths (e.g., http://preview.tinyurl.com/6xxyrs ) or something like the below: | x | | | x O | | x O | x O ...

how to draw a 3-D bar chart in a seperate sheet in the workbook
I need to know how to draw a 3-D bar chart in a seperate sheet in the Excel workbook. "BJS" <BJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E6D944C-93BA-4376-8C90-ADAFDA67EFD8@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to draw a 3-D bar chart in a seperate sheet in the Excel > workbook. When creating a chart the last step in the chart wizard asks you if you want the chart in the sheet your using and an object, or in a new sheet. Just select in a new sheet. Brian "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message news:ujqqDk2DHHA.4464@TK2MSFTNGP06.ph...

Saving chart as jpg in 97
How can I save a excel chart using VB 6.0 in office 97? I am able to export it in later versions but not in '97. Any body have any suggestions for my? Many thanks!! Sunbizkitz try this to export your active chart to a folder named A Sub ExportChartJPG() ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _ FilterName:="jpeg" End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mari" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cf0801c48a9c$435b88a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I save a excel chart using VB 6.0 in office 97? ...

Excel 2007
Excel 2003 - Updating charts was easy, right click chart, select view data source, reselct new data, click OK Excel 2007???????????? Right click on data series in chart; open Edit Series dialog. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "SWODoug" <SWODoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75420CB1-FF6C-4203-956B-D490C68ED136@microsoft.com... > Excel 2003 - Updating charts was easy, right click chart, select view data > source, reselct new data, click OK > > Excel 2007???????????? Hi, Select chart. C...

Chart saved in compatibility mode won't print correctly
I opened an Excel file with charts created in Excel 2000 in Excel 2007. Did not update anything except the numbers in the data area. Saved as .xlsx and saved a copy as 97-2003. When the file is opened in Excel 2000, the charts look fine until you click on print preview and all the text boxes and lines that were drawn on the charts are not visible and do not print. These charts were previously created in 2000 and no changes were made to them in 2007 except updating the figures. Any ideas on how to correct this. I can see a hash marked border around the chart labeled "chart area&qu...

Northwind Summary of Sales by Year
I refer to the Northwind database and the report called Summary of Sales by Year. The last footer calculates as follows: ="Totals for " & [Year] & ":" I am trying to recreate this grouping in my own reports but I cannot get the [Year] bit to work. My report doesn't seem to understand where to get the [Year] bit as it keeps asking for it as a parameter. What could I be doing wrong? The report in the Northwind database uses the ShippedDate field from the report's record source to group the data, in two group footers - one for Year, and one for Qua...

increasing contact limitation on account summary report
I'm working on modifying the stock account summary report. I'd like to increase the limitation on the 10 contacts. Has anyone tried this? I can't seem to modify the SQL queries without errors starting. Do I need to modify the SQL query or is the answer buried in the report itself? Thanks, Mark ...

I want to conditionally auto-populate a summary worksheet
I want to make a worksheet that will summarize the data from two spreadsheets, called "cars" and "parts", which have three columns each, one for description, one for SKU, and one for quantity. I'm trying to make a third worksheet display only those rows with a quantity of greater than 0. I want to split the third summary worksheet into two vertically split sections, one for cars, one for parts. I need to subtotal the "parts" and subtotal the "cars" sections, and then make a grand total. I want this to be a dynamic worksheet, so if you change the qu...

Create a Pie Chart?
I've got a spreadsheet with Demographic information on it (Name, Address, City, State, etc.) I want to create a pie chart that shows how many people on the sheet are from which cities. So the title of the chart will be Cities and the chart should have pie peices, one for each different city that's in the list along with the percent of the entries are in eash city, depicted as a percentage peice of that pie. I do not have predefined lables as these will be different and entered as they come in. How do I do this? I'm new to excel and don't know what to put in the feil...

Creating a simple chart
I don't use Charts normally so sorry for a simple question. How can I create a chart with the months along the bottom and a single column per month showing % left when the values I have are total available and total used for each month. The total available is a constant and the total used is the variable value. I am using Excel 2007. Use your worksheet to calculate the value you wish to plot (in this case % left), and then use the chart to plot it. -- David Biddulph "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4155CC24-34FB-4062-BB6D-FCD675C053F...

Pivot Chart sorting date format
Dear All, I have a pivot chart that shows over the last 12 months the number of units sold. The data it relates too has the date the unit was sold i.e dd/mm/yy and the stock code which it counts from. So I made another field called Invoice Month which had the formula =text(a2,"Mmm YY") and used that column as the bottom axis of the pivot chart however when it produces the graph the bottom axis is sorted in alphabetical order and not date as wanted. I want the the Bottom axis (x from memory) to line up correctly as the format Mmm YY. So should start Jan 02, Feb 02 and not ...

Charting Data
Using Excel 2003 I have data that I want to chart, but I'm really not sure where to start. Is anyone willing to look at my Excel file and tell me how to chart this data? It would just be easier for someone to look at it. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen Happy to have a look tomorrow. Please get my email address from my website -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ABB289D-92EB-4344-9DB9-09E6293041AD@microsoft.com... > Using Excel ...

Area chart
I have a really studpid question. How do you create an area chart when you have different data points on seperate sheets. For example, I have four worksheets (June, July, August, September) and want to pick one number from each sheet for the chart data. I am new to excel and have no clue. Thanks for any help. The range that constitues the x- or y- values for a single series must come from a single worksheet. So, create a range on a single sheet with the data from the separate sheets. Depending on what the data represent and how they are updated, use of a formula might simplify ...

Powerpoint chart -> Excel
Hi, all the questions I found in the newsgroups was how to paste an Excel chart into Powerpoint. But that what I want is the other way round: I am searching for a way to convert a Powerpoint chart (probably a MS Graph Object?) to a real Excel chart. Is there a way? Thanks in advance ...

Tabs within chart text boxes
Is there a way to create tabs in a text box placed within an excel 2000 chart? to enter a tab, use CNTRL-TAB (how you might set the tabs, I'm not sure) Kim wrote: > Is there a way to create tabs in a text box placed within > an excel 2000 chart? -- Gary Klass gmklass@ilstu.edu Editor, PSRT-L 4600 Politics and Government Illinois State University Normal, Illinois 61790 http://LILT.ILSTU.EDU/gmklass (309) 438-7852 (fax) 438-7638 The Chart of the Week: http://LILT.ILSTU.EDU/gmklass/cow ...

Custom Chart Types #2
Hi, Where are user defined custom chart types stored, and can we access these definitions progammatically in Excel VBA? Thanks in advance, Kris Kris - The built-in ones are in XL8GALRY.XLS, located here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033 The ones you define yourself are in XLUSRGAL.XLS, here (on my machine): C:\Documents and Settings\Jon Peltier\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel This is for Excel 2000 in Windows XP. You can open these files if you want, but I don't know what good that would do. To use one of the built-in custom types, this is the VBA syntax: ActiveC...