Strange behaviour with legend in 2-Sided Chart

Hello everybody

i still have my 2-sided chart, 2 Series:
1. Series--> Line Chart, Primary Y-Axis ("perf. indexed")
2. Series--> Bar Chart, Secondary Y-Axis ("perf. yearly %")

The legend now shows:
"perf. yearly % || perf. indexed"
even when "perf. indexed" is my first series. Then i flipped
everything, still "perf. yearly %" is still on first position.
Even when i make a whole new Chart, it still puts the
"%" on first place!
The only thing i couldn't change, was the y-axis, because
the "perf. indexed" has to be on the primary y-axis!

Hope somebody gets what i'm trying to say here :)
I just want to know, what information Excel needs or takes
to order the Legend!?

Greetings and thanks in advance for every answer

Carlo
0
Carlo (36)

I found something:
the legend swaps its content as soon as i change the "perf.yearly %"
to a column chart!!! Even when i choose area chart.
Is there some sort of internal sorting by excel!?!?

Thanks again

Carlo

"Carlo" wrote:

> Hello everybody
>
> i still have my 2-sided chart, 2 Series:
> 1. Series--> Line Chart, Primary Y-Axis ("perf. indexed")
> 2. Series--> Bar Chart, Secondary Y-Axis ("perf. yearly %")
>
> The legend now shows:
> "perf. yearly % || perf. indexed"
> even when "perf. indexed" is my first series. Then i flipped
> everything, still "perf. yearly %" is still on first position.
> Even when i make a whole new Chart, it still puts the
> "%" on first place!
> The only thing i couldn't change, was the y-axis, because
> the "perf. indexed" has to be on the primary y-axis!
>
> Hope somebody gets what i'm trying to say here :)
> I just want to know, what information Excel needs or takes
> to order the Legend!?
>
> Greetings and thanks in advance for every answer
>
> Carlo
0
Carlo (36)
8/30/2006 9:21:01 AM
Hi,

Yes the chart type and axis location effect the order of the legend.
And trendlines probably get a say in the order as well.

You might have to make your own legend using a data label with the key
displayed.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Queries and Charts

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2