Stopping mouse selecting chart objects

I am using MouseDown to return co-ordinates on a chart in Excel 2007. This
works but the mouse also selects the various chart elements so they get
accidentally moved.

I have tried ActiveChart.ProtectSelection and ActiveChart.Protect neither of
which solve the problem.

Removing Large Fluctuations from Line Chart
I have a line chart that plots pressure data for every minute of a 24-hour period. Sometimes I have large fluctuations in the data which cause large blips in my chart. How do I account for these large fluctuations in my chart? Something similar to a best-fit line? Thanks for the help! I do not think a "normal line of best fit is appropriate here. I suggest you look at the trendline for a moving average. Bernard "Adam" <adamdrost@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:073001c394c7$3b188010$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a line chart that plots pressure data for every...

Object trimming
I am trying to trim an object. Such as a circle so I can add lines at two points and make a coltalsak or end of the street. Does any one know how to trim objects? -- Eric You can find Trim and many other object combination functions under Shape > Operations. In your example, I'm not sure what you want to trim. You might try overlaying a circle and rectangle and then use the Union operation. This would make a keyhole shape. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "eric" <eric@discuss...

multiple or changing colours in a data table on an excel chart fo.
We are trying to have the "negative" numbers in a data table (under the chart) show in red, like the data series, but seem unable to alter the format unless it is for all data. (we're trying to highlight or bring attention to the negative variances) The data labels will follow the excel font's but the data table does not appear to. Any suggestions? Kerri, Unfortunately the formatting options for data tables are fairly limited. As a result, it's not possible to apply different font formatting to different cells or rows within any one data table. If you are usi...

Select nodes by filter
Hello! I've got following XML structure <ROOT> <DATASET> <ID>1</ID> <VALUE>Test1</VALUE> </DATASET> <DATASET> <ID>2</ID> <VALUE>Test2</VALUE> </DATASET> <DATASET> <ID>3</ID> <VALUE>Test3</VALUE> </DATASET> </ROOT> I want to select all dataset nodes having a certain id value. SelectNodes will give me a collection of ALL dataset nodes. I need something like SelectNodesByFilter("ROOT/DATASET", "ID < 3") D...

Charts - named range ref in SERIES()
=SERIES(Name_ref,Categories, Values, Plot_Order) Help with the Name_ref looks like what I most need, as the chart references what looks like a named range, but I can't find it. I inherited a spreadsheet (Excel '97)tracking "Days to Assign." When a software defect is reported (April 1, 2007, for example) and it's assigned to a tester, this chart shows the days it took to assign the defects. Pretty simple. However, I cannot figure out the SERIES function. I looked up the syntax, and it looks straight forward. Ex: I copied and pasted this from the chart where I click...

Parse Excel Chart
I have an embedded line chart with the 'x' axis 400 data points long. The 'y' axis is reasonable. The data is dynamic. It is impossible to print, as the individual data points mesh. I would like to see the individual data points, but somehow parse the chart into 4 sections to print all 4 sections in landscape mode on a 8.5x11 paper. I tried GIF it is still too long a range to print. Any suggestions? Solution: Use legal sized paper Bye for Now Steve "smandula" <smandula@idirect.com> wrote in message news:vvhmjvvd87r7d@corp.supernews.com... > I have an ...

Cannot update. Database or object is read-only
I'm lost with this one. I have a form that opens with the results of a select query between two tables. Actually a sub-query - but that is not the problem, that works fine. The object of the form is for the user to select records from the query that need to be elevated to another team of users to take action on. The form was working, but now I am getting the above error message when I select the "Submit" button on the form. Here is the code: Private Sub SubmitCMRequest_Click() If Len([EntryDatetxt] & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "You must select a Date...

How do I create 1 chart from 2 different sheets?
Using Excel 2003 how do I create one pie chart by using data from 2 different sheets? all of the examples i see are created by clicking and dragging data from one sheet. Jon Peltier has instructions for charting data from different sheets: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartDataFromDifferentSheets.html tclbeach wrote: > Using Excel 2003 how do I create one pie chart by using data from 2 different > sheets? all of the examples i see are created by clicking and dragging data > from one sheet. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.cont...

Selecting several messages
When I used OE I used to be able to select several messages at a time in order to file them. By holding down the Ctrl button I could check the content of each message as I clicked it. I cannot do this with Outlook as it will only allow the first message clicked to be viewed. Is this correct or is there a way around this? -- Valerie Valerie <Valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I used OE I used to be able to select several messages at a time > in order to file them. By holding down the Ctrl button I could check > the content of each message as I clicked it....

Create a chart with ASP
Hi Folks, I try to create a chart via vbscript in asp, it worked finde in my IIS, but on another machine it crashed at SeriesCollection, saying this property is not supported: any help appreciated thanks in advance ingo Dim xlApp, xlBook, xlSheet, xlRange Set xlApp = Server.CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets(1) xlApp.Application.Visible = False xlBook.Sheets.Add xlBook.ActiveSheet.Name = "a" xlBook.Sheets("a").Cells(1,1).Value = "d" xlBook.Sheets("a")....

What are the Color CMYK for the Default Design Chart Colors
I am using the default design colors for Excel 2007 and would like to know how I can find out the name of the colors used and their CMYK numbers so I can match that color to other things I'm using. I am using Style 15 (it looks baby blueish). Hi, You can see the RBG color numbers or the HSL color model by selecting the color and choosing More Color under the color area you are working with and then Custom. You can see the name for the colors being used by the current Theme by choosing Page Layout, Colors from the Themes group, Create new theme color, open the drop down beside...

Linking Axes Max & Mins to source chart
Hi All, I've pasted a chart from one workbook into another, the data is sourced from the original workbook. I would like for the chart to be linked from the original chart though. As in, I want to be able to make changes to the formatting (particularly the scale) of the original chart and have that appear in the chart in the second chart. Basically, I want the charts to be linked. This is part of a process that will need to be repeated hundreds of times so pasting in a picture each time the chart changes is an option I'm trying to avoid. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions (or sta...

Controlling the number excel gives to charts
Hello, When creating charts in workbooks, excel will assign a number to it. So if I have 10 charts through out my project I should have charts numbered 1 thru 10. But if I delete a few and create a few more, the numbering will no longer be sequential. When automating certain processes it becomes a little difficult when charts have been numbered in this way. example. If I wanted to perform some operation on 4 of the 10 charts within a FOR NEXT loop, it would be difficult if the charts were numbered 2,4,5 and10. For Var = 1 to 4 ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart "...

how to "radar chart"
I am building azimuthal antenna patterns using the Excel radar graphs capabilities. After hours of trying every conceiveable method, I am yet unable to lable the axes with 0, 90,180 and 270 degrees. And I would like to set the major azimuthal grid to be at 10 degree intervals and the minor azimuthal grid to be every 5 degrees. In the international engineering community this is the standard for antenna patterns. Is there a way to prepare charts like this in Microsoft Excel 2000? Thanks for the help. Conrad Hi, You may find these 2 pages helpful. http://www.andypope.info/charts/pol...

Auto populate form field based on selection
Hi, I have a form which is linked to a table(tblAntibody) for data entry. I have another table(tblCatalogPartNumbers) with no relationship to the first which contains all of our codes and has four coulmns CatalogNumber, UnqualifiedNumber,NIPartNumber, and PIPartNumber. All of these columns store thier data in tblAntibody. On the form CatalogNumber is a combo box that has it's selection criterial set to tblListCatalogPartNumbers. What I need to happen is when a user selects a catalog number from the combo box, I need the other 3 fields to auto populate from tblCatalogPartNumbers. Catalo...

Third mouse button emulator?
I have the Kensington Slimblade mouse/keyboard for portability, but there is no third mouse button. Is there a third mouse button emulator around? Google for Third Button Emulator 1.0 If you have a two buttons mouse and you would like to use a third than this utility is very helpful on Windows systems. Pressing Ctrl or Shift(Selectable) together with right mouse botton will emulate a press on the third(middle) mouse button. System requirements: - .NET Framework 2.0 -=- "danr_18@yahoo.com" wrote: > I have the Kensington Slimblade mouse/keyboard for portabili...

Deleted AD object still referenced somewhere?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01C6E3CF.D0FA0720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable (Cross-posted after the fact from = microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory) Hi everyone, A client of mine running Exchange 2003 Std/Windows 2003 Std had an admin = asst that left the company. She was assigned full permissions to the = boss' mailbox. After leaving the company, the assistant's user object = and mailbox were deleted from AD. Now, whenever the boss receives a = meeting...

charts
Never used publisher before, anyone know what to edit a legend in a chart. There must be a tool that allows me to edit a name in a legend that is near a chart (pie). Any help would be appreciated. Are you importing a chart that already has a legend? What format is the chart? Maybe you can place a white filled text box over the wrong legend and start anew. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "teddkilroy" <teddkilroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:165AF518-FCCA-4B2B-A7F7-DECEB7B03836@m...

Does anyone have a holiday chart template?

Who is changing my #$@# mouse cursor??
I wrote a custom control. On portions of this custom control, I change the mouse cursor to the hand cursor. I do this by handling the WM_SETCURSOR message and calling SetCursor(). All appeared to be working fine til QA happened to notice that if they hold down ALT-Z (an invalid menu accelerator that just causes the OS to beep) while mousing over my control, it sometimes flashes the normal arrow cursor when it should be showing the hand cursor. I can't for the life of me figure out who is changing this... these are the steps I've taken so far: 1) check, double checked and triple...

OTHER options for chart not plotting null ("") or zero values
I've read the above suggestions for a chart not plotting zeros or null values. This worked....however, then I got errors because of other calculations (averages) that use these cells as references (and #NA just doesn't go over well when it's being used in another formula). Because of the many other formulas (in visual basic and in the exel file) that would need to be changed if i created an extra column, or did some of the other options I would REALLY prefer to not do any of those. Isn't there some way within the chart's options to exlude these values? Or is my best ...

combination charts
I wish to create a combination bar/line chart using five columns of data - four to be bar on the primary y axis and one to be line on the secondary y axis. The chart wizard defaults to three bar and two line. Double clicking on the line chart in question brings up the format data series dialog box and allows me to change from seconary to primary axis. However this is still a line chart and not a bar chart. Can anyone help? Hi, You can right click the line series and from the context menu pick Chart Type and select the bar chart type that you want. With combination charts it is normall...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Pointing mouse on label
Hi, Is anybody can tell me how to change the mouse from regular 'arrow' to 'point' form on label on the form when the mouse goes very close to that label?. It's indicated we can click on that label and ms access will run another form/query. It'll be looked like in the website layout or in the Access Help. Thank you in advance. KT -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

How To Select Multiple Transactions At One Time
I would like to delete a block of transactions from an account in Money 2007 Plus Deluxe. Is there away to select multiple transactions and then delete all of them or must I do each one, "one-at-a-time" ? In microsoft.public.money, Snoopy328 wrote: >I would like to delete a block of transactions from an account in Money 2007 >Plus Deluxe. Is there away to select multiple transactions and then delete >all of them or must I do each one, "one-at-a-time" ? The later. You could get some kind of keyboard macro if you are doing really a lot of these. Otherwise, c...