Stop chart lines going to zero

Chart lines drop to zero on last point unless cell is highlighted and delete
key pressed, which is no good if there is a formulae in the cell.  Anybody
know how to cure this ??

0
H (152)

In article <68F329DB-DF81-4F7C-89BC-108D1DAB559C@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
VG9tIEg=?= <Tom H@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> Chart lines drop to zero on last point unless cell is highlighted and delete
> key pressed, which is no good if there is a formulae in the cell.  Anybody
> know how to cure this ??

Replace the "" in the formula with NA()

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions
Thanks for the quick reply Tushar, but this didn't fix the problem.
The formulae I am using is:- =IF(H110="","",SUM(K110/H110))

Regards Tom H

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> In article <68F329DB-DF81-4F7C-89BC-108D1DAB559C@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
> VG9tIEg=?= <Tom H@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> > Chart lines drop to zero on last point unless cell is highlighted and delete
> > key pressed, which is no good if there is a formulae in the cell.  Anybody
> > know how to cure this ??
> >

> Replace the "" in the formula with NA()
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions

0
TomH (11)
3/4/2006 2:36:26 AM
Good guess, though, considering there was no formula in the original post.
Try this:

  =IF(H110="",NA(),SUM(K110/H110))

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"Tom H" <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the quick reply Tushar, but this didn't fix the problem.
> The formulae I am using is:- =IF(H110="","",SUM(K110/H110))
>
> Regards Tom H
>

> "Tushar Mehta" wrote:
>
>> In article <68F329DB-DF81-4F7C-89BC-108D1DAB559C@microsoft.com>,
>> =?Utf-8?B?
>> VG9tIEg=?= <Tom H@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
>> > Chart lines drop to zero on last point unless cell is highlighted and
>> > delete
>> > key pressed, which is no good if there is a formulae in the cell.
>> > Anybody
>> > know how to cure this ??
>> >

>> Replace the "" in the formula with NA()
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tushar Mehta
>> www.tushar-mehta.com
>> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
>> Custom MS Office productivity solutions

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/4/2006 2:43:17 AM
Jon, Have tried this again and still doesn't work.

Regards Tom H

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Good guess, though, considering there was no formula in the original post.
> Try this:
>
>   =IF(H110="",NA(),SUM(K110/H110))
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
> _______
>
> "Tom H" <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the quick reply Tushar, but this didn't fix the problem.
> > The formulae I am using is:- =IF(H110="","",SUM(K110/H110))
> >
> > Regards Tom H
> >

> > "Tushar Mehta" wrote:
> >
> >> In article <68F329DB-DF81-4F7C-89BC-108D1DAB559C@microsoft.com>,
> >> =?Utf-8?B?
> >> VG9tIEg=?= <Tom H@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> >> >

> >> Replace the "" in the formula with NA()
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Tushar Mehta
> >> www.tushar-mehta.com
> >> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> >> Custom MS Office productivity solutions

0
TomH (11)
3/4/2006 2:55:27 AM
Tom,

I had this same problem when I tested the suggested change in a formula I was
using.  The problem was I only changed one cell as a test and the chart line
still dropped to zero due to the subsequent cells having "" instead of NA().

You have to apply this formula to all cells in the column otherwise the first
cell with "" instead of NA() will cause the chart line to drop to zero.

JC

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Good guess, though, considering there was no formula in the original post.
> Try this:
>
>   =IF(H110="",NA(),SUM(K110/H110))
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
> _______
>
> "Tom H" <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the quick reply Tushar, but this didn't fix the problem.
> > The formulae I am using is:- =IF(H110="","",SUM(K110/H110))
> >
> > Regards Tom H
> >

> > "Tushar Mehta" wrote:
> >
> >> In article <68F329DB-DF81-4F7C-89BC-108D1DAB559C@microsoft.com>,
> >> =?Utf-8?B?
> >> VG9tIEg=?= <Tom H@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> >> >

> >> Replace the "" in the formula with NA()
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Tushar Mehta
> >> www.tushar-mehta.com
> >> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> >> Custom MS Office productivity solutions

0
jhoppyc (7)
3/4/2006 11:37:35 AM
Another point: the NA() only prevents Line chart and XY chart points from
displaying. Other chart types will display a zero value for NA(). For a
column or bar chart it usually doesn't matter, since a zero value usually
just doesn't show because it's the minimum height of the axis (although
you'll get a #N/A data label if you are showing values). But an area chart
will display this drop from the last nonzero point to zero.

- Jon
-------

"JC" <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Tom,
>
> I had this same problem when I tested the suggested change in a formula I
> was
> using.  The problem was I only changed one cell as a test and the chart
> line
> still dropped to zero due to the subsequent cells having "" instead of
> NA().
>
> You have to apply this formula to all cells in the column otherwise the
> first
> cell with "" instead of NA() will cause the chart line to drop to zero.
>
> JC
>
> On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:55:27 -0800, Tom H <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Jon, Have tried this again and still doesn't work.
>
> Regards Tom H
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> Good guess, though, considering there was no formula in the original
>> post.
>> Try this:
>>
>>   =IF(H110="",NA(),SUM(K110/H110))
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
>> http://PeltierTech.com/
>> 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
>> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
>> _______
>>
>> "Tom H" <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the quick reply Tushar, but this didn't fix the problem.
>> > The formulae I am using is:- =IF(H110="","",SUM(K110/H110))
>> >
>> > Regards Tom H

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/4/2006 12:29:01 PM
Unfortunately this still doesn't work, even with formulae applied to all
cells, perhaps there is a way with conditional formating to switch the line
chart off ?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Another point: the NA() only prevents Line chart and XY chart points from
> displaying. Other chart types will display a zero value for NA(). For a
> column or bar chart it usually doesn't matter, since a zero value usually
> just doesn't show because it's the minimum height of the axis (although
> you'll get a #N/A data label if you are showing values). But an area chart
> will display this drop from the last nonzero point to zero.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> "JC" <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > Tom,
> >
> > I had this same problem when I tested the suggested change in a formula I
> > was
> > using.  The problem was I only changed one cell as a test and the chart
> > line
> > still dropped to zero due to the subsequent cells having "" instead of
> > NA().
> >
> > You have to apply this formula to all cells in the column otherwise the
> > first
> > cell with "" instead of NA() will cause the chart line to drop to zero.
> >
> > JC
> >
> > On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:55:27 -0800, Tom H <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Jon, Have tried this again and still doesn't work.
> >
> > Regards Tom H
> >
> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >
> >> Good guess, though, considering there was no formula in the original
> >> post.
> >> Try this:
> >>
> >>   =IF(H110="",NA(),SUM(K110/H110))
> >>
> >> - Jon
> >> -------
> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
> >> http://PeltierTech.com/
> >> 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
> >> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
> >> _______
> >>
> >> "Tom H" <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
TomH (11)
3/4/2006 9:48:27 PM
Okay, I suspect something wasn't adequately communicated. What's the data
look like? What range is it in? What does the series formula look like. What
does the formula in the worksheet look like? What cells is it in? What do
the results of the formula look like.

If you can't get this to work, you won't be able to get any conditional
formatting to work in the chart either, because conditional formatting in a
chart is based on similar formulas incorporating NA().

- Jon
-------

> Unfortunately this still doesn't work, even with formulae applied to all
> cells, perhaps there is a way with conditional formating to switch the
> line
> chart off ?
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> Another point: the NA() only prevents Line chart and XY chart points from
>> displaying. Other chart types will display a zero value for NA(). For a
>> column or bar chart it usually doesn't matter, since a zero value usually
>> just doesn't show because it's the minimum height of the axis (although
>> you'll get a #N/A data label if you are showing values). But an area
>> chart
>> will display this drop from the last nonzero point to zero.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Peltier Technical Services
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> http://PeltierTech.com/
>> _______
>>
>> "JC" <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Tom,
>> >
>> > I had this same problem when I tested the suggested change in a formula
>> > was
>> > using.  The problem was I only changed one cell as a test and the chart
>> > line
>> > still dropped to zero due to the subsequent cells having "" instead of
>> > NA().
>> >
>> > You have to apply this formula to all cells in the column otherwise the
>> > first
>> > cell with "" instead of NA() will cause the chart line to drop to zero.
>> >
>> > JC
>> >
>> > On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:55:27 -0800, Tom H
>> > <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > Jon, Have tried this again and still doesn't work.
>> >
>> > Regards Tom H

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/4/2006 11:06:13 PM
Jon,

Went back through all the formulaes upsteam of the empty cells and found one
that still had the old formulae in - Now works fine on the graph, but #N/A
shows in the data cells that don't have a result in.  Is there a way to stop
the #N/A from showing, as this is also interfering with other formulaes -
Thanks.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Okay, I suspect something wasn't adequately communicated. What's the data
> look like? What range is it in? What does the series formula look like. What
> does the formula in the worksheet look like? What cells is it in? What do
> the results of the formula look like.
>
> If you can't get this to work, you won't be able to get any conditional
> formatting to work in the chart either, because conditional formatting in a
> chart is based on similar formulas incorporating NA().
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> "Tom H" <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Unfortunately this still doesn't work, even with formulae applied to all
> > cells, perhaps there is a way with conditional formating to switch the
> > line
> > chart off ?
> >
> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >
> >> Another point: the NA() only prevents Line chart and XY chart points from
> >> displaying. Other chart types will display a zero value for NA(). For a
> >> column or bar chart it usually doesn't matter, since a zero value usually
> >> just doesn't show because it's the minimum height of the axis (although
> >> you'll get a #N/A data label if you are showing values). But an area
> >> chart
> >> will display this drop from the last nonzero point to zero.
> >>
> >> - Jon
> >> -------
> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> Peltier Technical Services
> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> >> http://PeltierTech.com/
> >> _______
> >>
> >> "JC" <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid> wrote in message

0
TomH (11)
3/5/2006 12:54:27 AM
Tom,

You could try a trick I used.   I set up 'helper' columns off screen purely for
graphing purposes.    The columns on screen had formulas similar to
=IF(H110="","",SUM(K110/H110))
while those off screen, used only for graphing, were similar to
=IF(H110="",NA(),SUM(K110/H110))

If you do this the graphing will work fine and there should be no interference
with other formulas as they will use the on screen cells for their inputs.

JC

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:54:27 -0800, Tom H <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Jon,
>
>Went back through all the formulaes upsteam of the empty cells and found one
>that still had the old formulae in - Now works fine on the graph, but #N/A
>shows in the data cells that don't have a result in.  Is there a way to stop
>the #N/A from showing, as this is also interfering with other formulaes -
>Thanks.
>
>"Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> Okay, I suspect something wasn't adequately communicated. What's the data
>> look like? What range is it in? What does the series formula look like. What
>> does the formula in the worksheet look like? What cells is it in? What do
>> the results of the formula look like.
>>
>> If you can't get this to work, you won't be able to get any conditional
>> formatting to work in the chart either, because conditional formatting in a
>> chart is based on similar formulas incorporating NA().
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Peltier Technical Services
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> http://PeltierTech.com/
>> _______
>>
>> "Tom H" <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Unfortunately this still doesn't work, even with formulae applied to all
>> > cells, perhaps there is a way with conditional formating to switch the
>> > line
>> > chart off ?

0
jhoppyc (7)
3/5/2006 11:25:52 AM
Helper columns is one decent way to do this, or even a whole separate range.
Another way, if the data is simple enough and you don't need the range for
subsequent calculations is to use conditional formatting to hide the error
values.

- Jon
-------

> Tom,
>
> You could try a trick I used.   I set up 'helper' columns off screen
> purely for
> graphing purposes.    The columns on screen had formulas similar to
> =IF(H110="","",SUM(K110/H110))
> while those off screen, used only for graphing, were similar to
> =IF(H110="",NA(),SUM(K110/H110))
>
> If you do this the graphing will work fine and there should be no
> interference
> with other formulas as they will use the on screen cells for their inputs.
>
> JC
>

> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:54:27 -0800, Tom H <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Jon,
>>
>>Went back through all the formulaes upsteam of the empty cells and found
>>one
>>that still had the old formulae in - Now works fine on the graph, but #N/A
>>shows in the data cells that don't have a result in.  Is there a way to
>>stop
>>the #N/A from showing, as this is also interfering with other formulaes -
>>Thanks.
>>
>>"Jon Peltier" wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, I suspect something wasn't adequately communicated. What's the
>>> data
>>> look like? What range is it in? What does the series formula look like.
>>> What
>>> does the formula in the worksheet look like? What cells is it in? What
>>> do
>>> the results of the formula look like.
>>>
>>> If you can't get this to work, you won't be able to get any conditional
>>> formatting to work in the chart either, because conditional formatting
>>> in a
>>> chart is based on similar formulas incorporating NA().
>>>
>>> - Jon
>>> -------
>>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>> Peltier Technical Services
>>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>> http://PeltierTech.com/
>>> _______
>>>
>>> "Tom H" <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/5/2006 9:44:48 PM
 Jon,

Have tried conditional formatting but doesn't appear to solve this problem,
so I will probably use the helper columns.

Thanks to everyone for their support and help in this matter.
Good forum for exchange of views and problem solving.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Helper columns is one decent way to do this, or even a whole separate range.
> Another way, if the data is simple enough and you don't need the range for
> subsequent calculations is to use conditional formatting to hide the error
> values.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
> _______
>

> "JC" <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > Tom,
> >
> > You could try a trick I used.   I set up 'helper' columns off screen
> > purely for
> > graphing purposes.    The columns on screen had formulas similar to
> > =IF(H110="","",SUM(K110/H110))
> > while those off screen, used only for graphing, were similar to
> > =IF(H110="",NA(),SUM(K110/H110))
> >
> > If you do this the graphing will work fine and there should be no
> > interference
> > with other formulas as they will use the on screen cells for their inputs.
> >
> > JC
> >

> > On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:54:27 -0800, Tom H <TomH@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Jon,
> >>
> >>Went back through all the formulaes upsteam of the empty cells and found
> >>one
> >>that still had the old formulae in - Now works fine on the graph, but #N/A
> >>shows in the data cells that don't have a result in.  Is there a way to
> >>stop
> >>the #N/A from showing, as this is also interfering with other formulaes -
> >>Thanks.

0
TomH (11)

Attaching Chart to Email?
I have an Excel spreadsheet, and derived from it 5 charts. How can I attach one of the charts to an email to send to someone? (I know how to attach the whole spreadsheet, and the associated charts, but I don't want to send the spreadsheet and the other 4 charts, because they contain data not appropriate to share with the email recipient.) Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Hi CWLee Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/mai...

using Crossed Lines template
When I enter my document title in the text box above the crossed lines template, it does not carry over to the other pages in the document, nor does find/replace work either. How can it be done so my text entered on one page is duplicated on all others in my document? Put the title on the Master Page (ctrl+m), it will appear on all pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jcam" <jcam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB5D1447-8B65-4981-81A6-8BD1C9A24451@microsoft.com... > When I ent...

Copy Charts
I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart into another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and data as it is. Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

sage line 50 on xp problem
Hi, I have Sage Line 50 installed on my XP Pro computer but I can't open it with the Manager - Manager username/password combination. I just get that the password is incorrect. I have tried all other passwords that I can think of and also of course no password at all. I have uninstalled the program, deleted every folder relating to Sage and also deleted all the entries in the registry that I can find. I then reinstall the program but still the same problem. Apart from reinstalling XP is there anything else someone can suggest. I am installing as administrator, there are no o...

last added line always visible in listbox
Hello I add new lines to listbox using AddString(); I want that last added line to listbox was visible when I put many many new lines. Now I always see top of list even I add many lines. Is some simple way to do this ? "tio" <tomjey@wp.pl> wrote in message news:1155909533.593851.160030@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hello > I add new lines to listbox using AddString(); > I want that last added line to listbox was visible when I put many many > new lines. > Now I always see top of list even I add many lines. > Is some simple way to do this ? > Maybe a...

Fixed numbered lines
Hi, I have to type a legal document that must have fixed numbered lines along the left margin. The numbering will run from 1 to 28. By fixed numbered lines, I mean that the numbering does not change position with carriage returns, i.e., the left margin numbers remain unaffected by carriage returns. How would I make a template to do this? Thank you for any help you can give me. In a text box, type the numbers in manually (each number should be followed by Return), and then anchor the text box to the page header. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "moon4707&q...

bar chart prints 1 unwanted horizontal row of dots & tick marks?
Office Excel 2007. Anyone encounter this? The sheet I'm printing is 19 columns wide by 69 rows high with portrait orientation. Bar chart is set between row 25 and 47 horizontally. The x-axis is increasing months. 2 vertical bars are set between the major gridlines. It so happens that the chart vertical gridlines are very close to lining up with the spreadsheet cells above/below the chart. Print preview shows nothing unusual, but when printed, 1 row right throught the middle of the chart has 1 to 2 dots and a character high tick mark appear to the right of each right most(second) bar...

Stacked Bar Chart Over 100%
Currently have a stacked bar chart showing to 100% (the plan) by 8 clients, how can I show that 3 of the 8 will be over 100% (greater than plan)? Brian, If this is a normalized chart (the one on the right in the chart types), it will always be 100%. You'll have to use the middle one. Are these percentages (as they appear in the worksheet)? If so, use the regular stacked chart (the middle one), and the axis should adjust to accomodate whatever your greatest percentage is. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Brian" <Bri...

Help please
OK - I took the plunge and "upgraded" to Money 2005 D. I'm now at an impass - I'm update two of my credit card accounts to sync up with their on-line service providers. When I do that, Money '05 telle me that I need to disable MSN bill pay to add the accounts. When I disable MSN billpay, I AM able to add the accounts and sync them up, BUT: My balances (primary checking) go crazy and I'm unable to get BillPay working again. BillPay now refers to a checking account that doesn't exist and won't allow me to point it back to my primary account. So, 1) Can ...

rename "Series" in a line graph
Thanks to Tushar Mehta, I was able to add multiple line graphs within the same graph. But, now, can I rename the "series" to the actual dates? In other words, Excel automatically names each line "Series 1, Series 2, Series 3" etc. But, I want to call them May 1, May 2, May 3, etc. I've tried right-clicking, double-clicking (within the graph), etc. but no luck. Is there any way to rename "Series" to whatever I want? not sure if this is what you mean? go to Chart-->Source Data and click on the Series tab. You can name your series in there. &qu...

Subject line "Updated:" annoying
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that the length of a calendar item Subject line is precious. Particularly when viewed in a calendar grid or on a synced mobile device. I want to be able to recognize a meeting in the first 20-ish characters. I will often re-edit my copy of meeting invites to fit my context. Therefore, I do not like Outlook's behavior of prepending "Updated:" to meetings that have been changed by the inviter. I know the meeting was updated when I accepted the change. (No I don't allow that to automate). Is there a way to s...

Save chart (that's on a chart sheet) to html file?
In Excel 2007, is it no longer possible to publish a chart that is on object in a worksheet to an html file? In Excel 2003, you had the option to choose a chart as the item to publish. That no longer seems to be available. ...

Column lines
Was using someones PC today and the excel spreadsheet only had row lines and did not have column lines, this is the lines that make up the `boxes`. I did open a new spreadsheet but they are all formatted the same. how do i correct this. thanks Got to Tools>Options and check the box next to Gridlines "Scudo" wrote: > Was using someones PC today and the excel spreadsheet only had row lines and > did not have column lines, this is the lines that make up the `boxes`. I did > open a new spreadsheet but they are all formatted the same. > > how do i correct this. &...

Aligning tick marks and labels on line charts or scatter charts
I have the following data: X Y 1 0.2 2 0.8 3 0.5 4 0.7 I would like to plot it using a line chart or a scatter chart with X on the horizontal axis and Y on the vertical. I would like the X range of the graph to go from 0.5 to 4.5, so that the first and last point are NOT on the extreme edges of the graph. I would like the X axis to be labelled only at 1, 2, 3 and 4. I would like a tick mark aligned with each of these labels. Is this possible in Excel? Here is what I am finding... Using a Line chart: Option 1. The range is correct (0.5 to 4.5), and the labels are correct, but the tick marks ...

Charting data by date
Hi, I'm new to Excell 2002, and have made worksheets with data refreshed from the Web. However I can't get it to show up on a chart with dates on the X axis. Have the axis formatted OK, but how does it collect its data? Have tried a simple worksheet with manually entered data & the dates entered in column A, but still can't get a chart to work. ...June. Jon Peltier has a charting tutorial that may help you get started: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html When you manually enter data and dates, what problems do you have with the chart? June wrote: >...

VB Chart > Excel
I have a vb program that pulls data from a database and displays it onscreen. This includes a chart - is there a quick way of bascially copying this chart into an excel spreadsheet via code from my program? I have already got my listboxes and so on to fill in their info onto a new blank sheet, but the chart is also going to be handy. I assume one way is to copy all the data from the chart to a hidden sheet and use that maybe, but I am hoping I can do something simpler... Ta, James. James - Make a template that has some dummy data and the chart you like, already formatted. Create a new fil...

regarding allocation of chart series point colors
Greetings and thanks for your time I have labels A,B,C,D and data series of values a%, b%, c%, d%. This series is sorted into ascending order of values and feeds a bar chart (ie a Pareto chart). I would like to display this data also on a Pie chart, but would like to keep the same series point color for A,B etc. regardless of how the updated values change the rank order (say, C,B,A,D). Presently, if say, point A is dark blue at the start of the order and then after updating the % scores point A moves down to 3rd in the order, point A will take on another color. Any advice will be appreci...

ow to create comparison chart using text as value data?
lplease help me. I am trying to set up a comparison chart of 3 computers cost and features! I cannot figure out how to use the features as values on the x or y axis says data range is to complex so cant select rows or columns. I am trying to enter the features as my source data too bungled dont know what to do term project is now overdue and I am stressing out!~ Dont want to fail. please help me!do i have to redo the whole chart or what any suggestions and demonstration would be deeply appreciated. thanks, Dee Johnson The first thing you need to do is think how the chart should look. Wh...

More on going to Outlook from OE
Question: In OE you can elect to send from anyone of multiple accounts from a drop down menu in the From field. Can you do that in Outlook without resetting the mail default in Outlook? Thanks "Larry" <lheimlich@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0a0401c3b5cf$9bdff7b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Question: In OE you can elect to send from anyone of > multiple accounts from a drop down menu in the From field. > > Can you do that in Outlook without resetting the mail > default in Outlook? > > Thanks yes, but it depends on what version of Outlook you have. ...

Go to specific line in numbered list?
Hey all, I have a question that will hopefully save me a lot of time! I'm working on my dissertation, and my data (transcription of speech) is formatted in a very long numbered list. The thing is that there are often more than one actual lines per list item, like so: 1) ____________________________________ _______________________________________ ____________ 2) ____________________________________ ______________________________________ etc. What I have been trying to figure out is a way to jump to a specific *list number*, rather than actual line number. I have a lis...

Are there any known issues using Line Item comments for all SOP do
Hi all, I recently modified a SOP Packing slip to add Line item comments for each line to show an additional numeric value as a text (weight) printed on each line item. The way it is setup is that there will be unique line item comments (click the -> on the line item comment field, not the magnifying glass lookup and then just type text for each comment, click OK and save the line item). I've used up all of the User-defined fields including tracking #s and so I am down to adding comments. EXT. and Modifier are not options at this point. I also tried adding Document Notes to t...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

Calculate total amount on continuous form line in sub-form
Hi, I’m on Access in Office 2003. I have a sub-form which has a default view of “Continuous Forms”. This form is comprised of a single line which has the fields: Work Date Hours Miles Other Expense Total The work date, hours, miles, and Other expenses are data entry fields. The Total field is equal to (Hours * HourlyRate) + (Miles * MilageRate) + Other Expenses. The rates are retrieved from the main form. That part is working fine. The Work Date, Hours, Miles, and Other Expenses are bound to fields on my table. The Total field is unbound. The problem ...

VBA to create series of workbooks need to add code to skip creating a report if no lines meet criteria
Hi All, I need some assistance as where I'm at with this report is far beyond my level of knowledge and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I've created a template that creates a report and displays variances based on the "search criteria" which is defined in another worksheet and hides any rows that are equal to Zero and are between the value (>= -5000 AND <= +5000) and what I'm trying to figure out is if there are no rows visible within the report then it should not save the report (that way I don't email a blank works...

Buttons have stopped working?
Hi all, I have been in and out of my database throughout today, and i just went in to update it and all the buttons have stopped working! I get the following message whenever i click one of the buttons on any of the formss: "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost. - The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. - There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro." The only...