Stock Bar Charts

how do I add the "open" to a stock bar chart in Excel?
0
Akistner (2)

In the OHLC type candlestick charts, Open and Close define the top and
bottom of the up-down bars.

Excel doesn't offer the commonly used left-tick for open, just the right
tick for close. I have one technique to simulate this on my web site:

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartLeftTickOpen.html

and I have since developed a much easier technique, which I have yet to
write up. Sometime soon, perhaps.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Akistner" <Akistner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I add the "open" to a stock bar chart in Excel?

Thank you - exactly what I was looking for!!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> In the OHLC type candlestick charts, Open and Close define the top and
> bottom of the up-down bars.
>
> Excel doesn't offer the commonly used left-tick for open, just the right
> tick for close. I have one technique to simulate this on my web site:
>
>   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartLeftTickOpen.html
>
> and I have since developed a much easier technique, which I have yet to
> write up. Sometime soon, perhaps.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> "Akistner" <Akistner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how do I add the "open" to a stock bar chart in Excel?

0
Akistner (2)

3 data stock graph with average
Hi, I have a data table for a dept based on quality assessment scores: Name Min Max Avg Steve 2 5 3 Dave 10 20 11 I also know that the departmental average is (say) 8 I have the data presented using a stock graph to show each member of staff with a veritcal line showing the min to max and then a point in this line showing the persons average. What I want to do is overlay a straight horizontal line to represent the department average. Is this possible? Thanks. This is certainly possible. A stock chart is really just a line chart under the covers....

Formatting Charts from Pivot Table...
I've created a pivot table/with chart. The default chart was a bar chart, which I've changed to a pie chart. The problem is I don't like the default colors so I've changed them to the way I like them; however, once I save the document they go back to the default colors. Is there any way to keep the revised colors, rather than the default colors? Thanks, KSL. ...

How can I export a chart as a jpg/tif?
Hi there, I regularly produce charts/graphs in Excel (2007), but need to export them as a tiff or jpeg so that I can submit them to a scientific journal for publishing (most publishers prefer images in this format). Copying and pasting does not work, or if it does, the resolution is poor or data is missing. A previous posting on here had a response that mentioned an 'export' option, but I cannot locate this. I'd be really grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance, Tony. In VBA the Chart object has an Export method, which can convert a chart to a variety of raster forma...

Excel 2003
Hi, was hoping someone might be able to help with this problem. We have a chart with two y axes, which displays fine on screen, and prints fine most of the time... but every now and then it prints squashed vertically. Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea what may be causing it? Many thanks, Marc ...

How do I name the Bubbles on my Bubble chart.
I created a Bubble Chart using the help feature but I need to name the three Bubbles. I don't know how to lay it out in excel and then copy the range to accomplish this. The easiest way to give the bubbles different names and have the names appear in data labels is to create three different bubble series. The data I used in a little demo is like this: Bubble A 1 1 1 Bubble B 2 2 2 Bubble C 3 3 3 Each mini range contains the series name in the middle cell of the top row, with X, Y, and bubble size values in the bottom row. Select...

Task Bar and Excel
Hi all, A friend has Windows XP Home with office97 and when he opens more than one workbook, only one Excel icon appears in the bottom task bar. There is a setting within Task Bar properties to group similar prgm's together (can't quite remember what that's called), but this is deselected and fiddling with this does not fix the problem. (I personally have window 98 and that option is not available, but every workbook opened shows separately on the taskbar as it should.) Rob I don't have access to Excel 97, but according to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

flow charts #2
When I was in construction, we had a paper flow chart that had horizonal lines for WHO and for HOW LONG. First day of construction (April 1st) was for the earth movers, (7 days) Just underneath that was the survayors. (Started on the 5th day of earth movers and lasted 4 days) Then came the trenchers to put in the underground piping (April 8th, for 3 days), Electricians (April 8th 4 days) If you get the gist of the chart, is there one out there that will simply show this? BTW, the bars were colored and you could see at a glance as to what was supposed to be happening on any given day....

Superscript in Chart Axis Titles
Does anyone know whether you can use superscipts/subscripts in the titles of Axes? I can't seem to get this text formating option. Thanks in advance, Dave Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ScientificNotation.html David Pechter wrote: > Does anyone know whether you can use > superscipts/subscripts in the titles of Axes? I can't > seem to get this text formating option. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Dave - Actually, you can select the title, then select ...

'favorites' on the tool bar
First time using this. Totally ignorant of protocal. Trying to find out how you delete the folders and/or the items in the folders in 'favorites'on the outlook main toolbar? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can do it by using the Organize Favorites that is a choice on the Favorites drop down alternately because there isn't the right click option launch Internet Explorer and do it from there where you can use right click "George Barka...

Excluding weekends from stock chart
I am trying to chart a high-low-close stock chart. The first field in the data series is the date. Because it is stock data there are obviously no data points at the weekends. Excel recognises the field as a date and the x axis is correctly formatted except that it creates gaps in the graph every 5 days to represent the weekends. How can I exclude the weekends since no weekends appear in the data. Thank you You can change the x-axis setting: 1. Select the chart 2. Choose Chart>Options 3. Select the Axes tab 4. For Category (x) axis, choose Category, click OK Isy Taman wrote: >...

Standard tool bar disappeared in Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I launch a work book in Excel 2008 the standard and formula tool bars are absent. I have to go to View, Tool Bars and unclick and then click the standard tool bar to make it appear. It was not like that when I first installed Excel 2008. But it is very inconvenient. Does some one know how to make the tool bar and formula bars appear every time a sheet is opened? As posted repeatedly in answer to the same question: Click the capsular button at the right end of the document window's title bar to turn ...

Stock Variance REport at HQ
Hi there, I do a 501 then a 190 but this doesnt give me enough detail to work out how far out a store is in $$. Can anyone assist? IB ...

How to insert Stock quotes from Web?
HI Folks, I need to insert a current stock price into a single cell of an Excel worksheet. When I go to Data > Get External Data >Run Saved Query >MSN Money Stock quotes, the whole web page gets inserted. There's another way somone suggested using smart tags (I think it only works on Windows), but with smart tags the stock ticker is inserted with the price. I want to put the current stock price and only the current stock price in a targeted cell. And I would like to be able to refresh with current data easily. Is there a fairly easy way to do so? Could someone tell me how step by...

bottom bar
Every word document at the bottom has a bar with info regarding the page number, the line and column the cursor is in every moment and other features such as MAC,OVR indicators and other. That bar just vanished. How am i going to reinstate it? How do we call that bar? It's called the "status bar". If you have Word 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > View and check the option for "Status bar". If you have Word 2007, there's no similar option because the status bar should always be visible. If it's missing, see http://www.word.mvps...

Gantt chart in Excel 2003
Is there an easy way to create a simple Gantt chart in Excel 2003? It would be a 6 month timeline of project deadlines and milestones. I have no experience with Gantt charting, nor do I have any experience with MS Project. So I am completely at a loss. Any ideas? albarbl, Yes, have someone else build it for you.(lol) Just kidding. Check out this web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx I got this by going to google.com and entering gantt chart. hth :-) "albarbl" wrote: > Is there an easy way to create a simple Gantt chart in Excel 2003? ...

excel 2007 edit chart titles
I just upgraded from Excel 2003 to 2007. I am having a problem editing chart titles in Excel 2007. When I try to edit, by highlighting the section to be changed (in this case a model number or year). It only lets me change one character at a time. And to complicate things, it then returns only the new character typed -- and an "undo" brings me back to this onew character change at a time. This has the look of something that needs only a minor setting adjustment, but I have not been able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Norwegian stocks in Excel
How can I get norwegian stock quotes to automatically refresh in Excel? MSN Money cannot provide it. ...

setting XValues property when charting using macros
Hello, I hope this message finds you well. I had a quick question concering XValues syntax. I am trying to set the XValues of series 3 in Chart 1 of Sheet1. I am trying to use the values within cells C33 to C35 for the XValues. The code I am using is listed as follows: ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).XValues = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range(.Cells(33, 3), .Cells(35, 3)) Apparently, there is compile error when I use .Cell in my code. The error me...

Problems charting x axis values
Ok, lets say I have a dates (3/14/94) in columns a2 and a25 and (3/15/04) in columns a27 and a50 and times (0:00) in columns b2 and (11:00) in b25 and the same time in columns b27 and b50. The problem is when I type in the category x axis labels =sheet2!$a2:$b50 it will only label the first date in columns a2 and a27 and not the ones in a25 and a50. ----------------------------------------------------------- x axis 0:00 0:00 Does this 3/14/94 3/15/04 -----------------------------------------------...

how to create chart with five data variables
I need to create a chart off of a spreadsheet with five variables I have to show: Room Fiscal Year (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006) Business Hour usage After-Hours usage Quantity (number of times the room was used that year) Currently I have the data as Fiscal Year in rows by Business or After Hours (FY03 Business Hours, FY03 After Hours, FY04 BH, FY04AH, etc.) Rooms in columns, and Quantity as cell value. What I want to do is create a stacked column chart that shows has Room for the X-axis value, Quanity for the Y-axis, Fiscal Year on the Z-axis (so it would be a 3-dimensional chart) and stack the ...

Bar Codes
I work at a help desk in a university setting. Teachers are using Excel more and more to create grade books. SOme of them need to format parts of their data into a bar code (items like an ID number). How can I do this? Thanks in advance, Michael mjlucas@stritch.edu Download a bar code font, I always use 3 of 9 ....http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/ On your worksheet format the cell to this barcode font. For it to work properly you must include "*" at the start and end of your data. Start and stop data points. For example in cell A2 enter = "*" & B...

clustered 3d column chart #2
I need a clustered 3d column chart with a depth axis separating the years. Sample data is below, can this be done in Excel? Male A Male H Male B 2008 Office 2 3 4 2008 Maint 3 4 6 2008 Professional 1 2 1 2009 Office 3 3 3 2009 Maint 3 4 3 2009 Professional 1 2 ...

Excel 2007
Has anyone experienced problems with charts created in Excel 2003 loosing formatting when opened in 2007? So far these are the general problems I'm experiencing and I'm not sure if there's a solution, or if I should wait for the final release where these issues are hopefully corrected. 1. Full Charts created in Excel 2003 as separate sheets vs. embedded loose their formatting when opened in 2007, for example, the page size, page orientation, legend location, margins, axis alignments, all sometimes get munged up to some other setting. 2. When you try to edit the axes, someti...

Mean Line on Charts
How do I display a custom mean? It use to be on the drop down menu under charts? Now it is replaced with add trendline and that is not what I want... Tia - Put the mean into the worksheet, then use one of these techniques to add a line to your chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Tia wrote: > How do I display a custom mean? It use to be on the drop > down menu under charts? Now it is replaced with add > trendline and that is ...

Money Canadian version
Unfortunately there is no deluxe version of the Canadian version of MS Money which means that that there is no built in support for performing "automatic" stock splits and mergers. Can anyone advise me the best procedure on how to do this manually? In microsoft.public.money, cdelarte@gmail.com wrote: >Unfortunately there is no deluxe version of the Canadian version of MS >Money which means that that there is no built in support for performing >"automatic" stock splits and mergers. > >Can anyone advise me the best procedure on how to do this manually? Whi...