Step change charts

Help,

I am trying to create a bar charts by year but only want
to show increases and decreases through the middle years
as step changes i.e.

1999   100

2000   +10
2001   -30
2002   +40

2003   120

How can I do this? What I should see is the first vertical
bar being 100 then from the 100 level an increase of 10 to
get to 110 then a decrease bar of -30 (from the 110 level)
to get to 80 etc etc.

0
anonymous (74722)

For a tutorial, see the Excel | Charts | Waterfall Chart page of my web
site.
--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <009701c3c4b5$466c6760$a101280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Help,
>
> I am trying to create a bar charts by year but only want
> to show increases and decreases through the middle years
> as step changes i.e.
>
> 1999   100
>
> 2000   +10
> 2001   -30
> 2002   +40
>
> 2003   120
>
> How can I do this? What I should see is the first vertical
> bar being 100 then from the 100 level an increase of 10 to
> get to 110 then a decrease bar of -30 (from the 110 level)
> to get to 80 etc etc.

Programable Controls on a Chart
I've got a simple chart in Excel 2003 that I want to add controls to that progrmaticaly chage the data the chart referes to when the user manipulates the control. When I open a control toolbox, the controls are greyed out when the chart is active. When I then select a worksheet the controls are then available (Not greyed out). Is there a setting to make controls available on a chart or is this not possible? -- CroceJC You can't embed ActiveX controls in a chart, however the Forms controls will typically work fine for most needs. Regards, Peter T "jc...

Changing the version of WMP in a code

Chart sheet in Excel 2007
Hi! I often used chart sheets in Excel 2003, but I can't find the same possibility in Excel 2007. I want a chart to cover the whole worksheet-window like it did in Excel 2003 (without showing the pivot-table). Is this possible in Excel 2007? I have tried to use the "Zoom to Selection"-command, but with no success. I would appreciate to know if this is possible in Excel 2007. -- Atri Hi, F11 will create you a chart sheet, as it did in xl2003. If you already have a chart object on a worksheet you can move it to a chart sheet via the ribbon. With chart selected use Cha...

automatic chart update for my stocks
Hi: I have a question: Is there a way of creating excel chart that would automaticaly update my chart with the latest stock price? Please respond and Thanks! Bogdan [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Bogdan. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] See the Dynamic Charts tutorial on my web site. -- Trouble finding replies to your posts? Use a newsreader. See the tutorial 'Outlook Express and Newsgroups' on my web site Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tut...

Change time segements in OWA calendar
I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb controls. I'm close but can't find the time array expression tha generates the 30 minute increments. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Brian You should post this to an Outlook newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "B.E. Jorgenson" <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152737718.807713.87400@m73g2000cwd....

How to change color of Subject Line???
How can I change the color of the subect line in my emails. I want to change it to red for important emails so they will stand out in the inbox. Thanks You can use Automatic Formatting for this. Go to View | Current View | Define Views, choose the view you're using for the Inbox, click Modify, and then Automatic Formatting. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:552301c3e4e6$53a5ed60$a601280a@phx.gbl, James wrote: > How can I change the color ...

Unusual Chart Type?
I am running Excel2000. I wish to create a chart that does not seem t be supported in Excel. The data consists of a table of dates an �states� (let�s call them A, B, C, D and E). One column is dates an the next is states. Dates will be in order. A given date could hav any state. So the first col might be {03-Apr, 04-Apr, 05-Apr, 06-Apr 07-Apr, 08-Apr, �} while the second might be {A,B,D,B,B,E, �}. I wis to plot this data with the state on the Y axis and the date on the axis. I need an X-Y plot, not cols or bars. This is easy if th states are numbers. But I cannot find a way to do t...

change start page number
This is just killing me! I'm trying to edit a file I did a year ago, and I can't remember how to change the document's first page number. In other words, I have two publisher documents that need to be linked together. The first is 30 pages long, so I want the second to begin page numbering with page 31. I currently have it starting at 35, but I can't figure out how to change it. Pleeeeease help. Thank you. Hi Jimmy (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || This is just killing me! I'm trying to edit a file I did || a y...

Chart
I am trying to build a combination chart using two different sets of data from two worksheets. From the chart wizard, I see a column - line combination chart. I do not like this chart type, because the lines look like trend lines. I would like to build a chart with a column- column combination. Probably both stacked. So, my chart will have months on the x-axis, QTY on the y-axis, 3Cities Stacked as Grouped1 and 3Cities Stacked as Group2. Does this make sense and does anyone know how to build a user defined chart like this? Mike - It's not so hard. And don't think you h...

Frequency domain chart?
Is it possible to use Excel to produce a frequency domain chart? Y-values will be in dB (decibels) and X- values in normal frequency values. thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Put your X data in column A and the Y data in column B. Select this range, run the chart wizard, and create an XY Scatter chart. You can make either axis of a scatter chart in...

Save user-defined chart types in a shared Excel template?
I am trying to create a template to be distributed throughout the company to aid in the creation of standard charts -- colors, patterns, fonts, etc. Unfortunately, Ihave not been able to get the user-defined chart types to save with the template. Is it possible to do this? I'm new to Excel, so I hope I'm just missing something. On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, graphicslady <graphicslady@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a template to be distributed throughout the company to >aid in the creation of standard charts -- colors,...

Allow changing printer destination after you print to screen
Ehen printing a report, you cannot change the destination of the report after you have seleccted to print. it would be great to be able to direct the document to a specific printer with a dialog box. I couldn't agree more! It is irritating that the printer can not be changed once it prints to the screen. Joe @ Aero Air >-----Original Message----- >Ehen printing a report, you cannot change the destination of the report after >you have seleccted to print. it would be great to be able to direct the >document to a specific printer with a dialog box. >. > Amen. I...

Changing the order of page numbers
Example: On a 10 page doc. you want the first 5 pages to be numbered '1' to '5' then the next 5 pages to be numbered '14' to '18' Is there a way of changing page numbers like the above example? Thanks! Ben Ben Don't understand why you want to do this but the best way is to record a macro while you do it manually. 1. print pages 1 to 5 2. go into page setup and change the first page from auto to the value 9 3. print pages 6 to 10. The page count should start at 14. 4 go into page set up and change the first page back to auto. you'll get so...

Change Message Box vb
I want to change this code so as that when you select OK it stops the operation of the button! Thanks for any help...Bob ......... If recHorseOwners.EOF = True And recHorseOwners.BOF = True Then recHorseOwners.Close Set recHorseOwners = Nothing MsgBox "This Horse Has No Owner At ALL.", vbApplicationModal + vbOKOnly + vbInformation .Fields("CompanyID") = Nz(recTmpOwner.Fields("CompanyID"), 0) .Fields("InvoiceID") = lngInvoiceID .Fields("HorseID") = val(tbHorseID.value) ...

Making Changes Using Calendar Wizard
I have used one of the Calendar Templates and made changes to the initial page. I then tried to do the "Change Date Range" to add more "months". The only change that stayed was the new Logo I inserted using the Logo Options. Colors and other editing was lost. Is there any way to get the subsequent months to "take" the changes I made on the initial single January page? Thanks! Create all the months from the get go, open the color schemes taskbar, either use one color scheme already defined or create your own. You will have to manually add holidays and speci...

Charts change by user
I have a set of charts to track daily data. On my PC with my resolution they look perfect. But when other users look at them with their lower resolutions they look different. The legend and other items move and do not fit the chart anymore. Is there a way to make the charts look the same no matter who looks at them and no matter what their resolution is? Thanks! Tim - I suppose you could export them as GIF files, and report them in a web page. Then everyone has the same low resolution. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index...

OWA Folder Path- How to change the Alias to Email address attrib
Using OWA one has access to various folders and can see the paths in the browser to access Calendar, Inbox, or Contacts, etc......see KB321832 for more info the URL syntax is http://owa.microsoft.com/exchange/email box *"email" refers to the name to the left of the @ sign as seen in AD Users and Computers User Properties, General tab "Email" attribute.... Question- I see that sometimes the user's full email in the OWA browser path once authenticated....Is there a way to change which attribute will be used to name the mailbox....like alias, or SamAccount name(Pr...

Changing the format of an Excel output file made by Microsoft Access
Hello, I have a question about changing the format of a document made with OutputTo command. I have an Access database which I'm exporting some of it's data to an Excel document. Guess the Access table is named "MyAccessTable". I'm using the following command to export the data in that table to an excel worksheet and open it with Excel: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable , "MyAccessTable",_ acFormatXLS,"C:\ExcelOutputFile.xls",True. What I wish to do is that after the file is opened in Excel, a procedure in Excel will run, making all the changes nee...

Hash marks in a chart
I have a chart where I am charting Left Center and Right weights of a strip of material. My chart is fine for showing the average of these 3 measurements and I have a second chart showing the ranges. But I also need it to show hash marks for each of the L, C, R measurements. So, for example. left =260 center = 257 right = 263 The average is shown using the standard charting but the individual numbers (260, 257, 263) need to be shown also Now the left , center, and right on the chart will need to be represented like this: Left = \ Center = - Right = / Any Idea how I might accomplish this? ...

Trying to do this chart
I'm hoping somebody could tell me how to do this chart: I have several scheduled tasks that start at different times and run for various durations of time. I'd like to create a chart with the scheduled times as the Y axis and durations as the X axis. I'd like to have bars (or lines, etc.) that fill in for the duration. So the end result will be something where I can see from a glance how many of these processes are overlapping. Any ideas? tod It sounds like you want a Gantt Chart. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html "Tod" <todtown@swbell...

Worksheet change item costs
We have a problem with the worksheet change item costs. If we only want to change the cost price from an item we use this worksheet. We put in several items in a worksheet to be transported to the stores by which some of the items new cost prices are not processed in the store. The cost price in the store of the item is not changed eventhough is says that the worksheet has been processed well. (We installed service pack 1.3 about 2 months ago, which should have fixed the problem) Does anyone else have the same experience and found the problem or solution??. Jeff2 Jeff2, Have you confi...

Change date format in Excel footer
I'm trying to change the format in my Excel footer to dd-mmm-yy. I have changed the short date in my regional settings from dd/MM/yy to dd-MMM-yy. In the Regional settings it shows the format I want. My Excel footer has changed from dd/MM/yy to dd-MM-yy, but still doesn't give a three-letter month. I am using Windows Vista Home Basic and MS Office 2007 -- Tibs You will have to go for a VBA solution. Set the security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook press Alt+F11 to launch VBE (Visual Basic Editor). From the left treeview search for the...

Changing owners of accounts
Hi all I was wondering if anyone has had problems changing the ownership of Accounts. It appears to have something to do with closed activities - not all - just some. I am still investigating with the client the conditions when this happens but there appears to be no common thread. Is this a known bug ??? BTW - This system is a CRM3 to CRM4 upgrade. Pete Have the users your moving information from been deleted from Exchange? ...

Disappearing charts
I have a chart I added a text box to and now the graph will not print if I use a print area. If I print the chart window, the graph prints but not if I print using a print area that includes data outside of the chart window. Any ideas how I can get my chart to print including the graph? ...

CListCtrl: Changing height of currently selected item?
What I want to do is a list like the one in Windows Control Panel -> Software, where the currently selected list item is shown with more detailed information. My core problem is: How to change the height of the currently selected list item so that more detailed information can be displayed? Any ideas how to realize this easily (i.e. apart from doing the *complete* drawing of the list items by myself using CustomDraw)? Thanks, Harald hi u give one image list to the list control with regards Harish "Harald Karner" <harald_karner@a1.net> wrote in message news:c12cv8$1...