Static Chart Data Range

Excel-2007, simple line chart:

I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever
I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I
keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into
the workbook?

I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ...
but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84.

I would recommend creating a blank row 2, and hiding it. Then, when you
insert a new row, you'll be inserting within the boundaries, instead of
moving the boundaries.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Bandit292" <Bandit292@msn.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Excel-2007, simple line chart:
>
> I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84.
> Whenever
> I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How
> do I
> keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows
> into
> the workbook?
>
> I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ...
> but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84.

0
Luke
5/17/2010 12:44:01 PM
See this website:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#PartialRange

There are a few methods to customise the chart range. I believe one of the
examples is what you are looking for.