Static Chart Data Range

Excel-2007, simple line chart:

I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever
I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I
keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into
the workbook?

I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ...
but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84.

I would recommend creating a blank row 2, and hiding it. Then, when you
insert a new row, you'll be inserting within the boundaries, instead of
moving the boundaries.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Bandit292" <Bandit292@msn.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Excel-2007, simple line chart:
>
> I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84.
> Whenever
> I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How
> do I
> keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows
> into
> the workbook?
>
> I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ...
> but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84.

0
Luke
5/17/2010 12:44:01 PM
See this website:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#PartialRange

There are a few methods to customise the chart range. I believe one of the
examples is what you are looking for.

"Bandit292" wrote:

> Excel-2007, simple line chart:
>
> I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever
> I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I
> keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into
> the workbook?
>
> I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ...
> but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84.

transfer data from Excel to Access
I am not sure if this is the right group for me to ask the following question, if not would you please direct me to the right group. Thanks! Question: Is there any easy way to transfer data from Excel 2002 into Access 2002? Regards, LJ Hi in Access: File - Import External Data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany L.J. wrote: > I am not sure if this is the right group for me to ask the following > question, if not would you please direct me to the right group. > Thanks! > > Question: Is there any easy way to transfer data from Excel 2002 into > Access 2002? > &...

How do I make a chart that will automatically calculate my bills . #2
I want to make a chart/graph that will have 3 columns where I can enter my bills and have them automatically calculated. !st column the name of company, Second column amount of bill, 3rd column auto calculate my balance after each amount entered from 2nd column. Help Please!! Thanks! melissto wrote: || I want to make a chart/graph that will have 3 columns where I can || enter my bills and have them automatically calculated. !st column || the name of company, Second column amount of bill, 3rd column auto || calculate my balance after each amount entered from 2nd column. Help || Please!! Tha...

Splitting Cell Data?
OK here's a great one. Check this out. I have a simple one page spreadsheet of addresses. My client wants me to sort/filter the data so that it is sorted by street name first, then by address number. The problem is that the spreadsheet has 30,000 entries and the Address Column contains the street number and street name (i.e. 12345 Park Drive Blvd. Apt #345). So my question is: does anyone know how I can separate the street number portion of the address from the street name portion of the address to be put into two separate columns so I can sort them? Thanks in advance, Dax Hi if t...

sharing to see part of range
Hi, I have a question. I have a excel file shared with 10 persons throught the net, but eac needs to see differents data in differents ranges and I don�t want the see all the data. Is it possible restrict the view for each users ? thank you !!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel's protection scheme isn't really made for security. (I think) it's really meant to stop the user from overwriting locked cells. There are posts here every day that show how to unprotect worksheets. "loparque <" wrote: > > Hi, I have a question. > I have a ...

Pivot Chart Changes
I would like to have several charts based off of one pivot table. However, when I change the data in one pivot chart, all the pivot charts change similarly. Is there to have each chart seperate and distinct from one another and still be based off of the same pivot table? No. You'll need a separate pivot table for each chart, if you want them to have different layouts. When you create additional pivot tables, you can base them on the first pivot table. JJ wrote: > I would like to have several charts based off of one pivot table. However, > when I change the data in one pivot c...

Created Charts not appearing in Excel
I have created a chart in Excel, but when I go to look at it, it has disappeared with just a square remaining. Most frustrating. Go to Tools menu > Options > View tab, and under Objects, select Show All. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tilly" <Tilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:847F4231-94A0-4F90-A112-D9F1DC2D7887@microsoft.com... >I have created a chart in Excel, but when I go to look at it, it has > disappeared with just a squ...

how can I connect data in cell C to data in cell D?
I have allot of data, for example cell A is gender, cell B is year of birth and cell C is respondentnumber, cell D is also respondent number and cell E is kids yes/no. Cell C and D are both respondentnumbers, but they are both from different datasources, I need to connect the right data from both sources to eachother. In the end I have to know for each respondent what its corresponding gender, year of birth and if they have kids. I think we need to be told more about C and D data A B C D E Male 1983 3333 4444 Yes Female 1985 7777 8888 No So what do you want to do? --...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

CRM DATA (removal)
I have imported the data using Scribe, but not everything was linked correctly, does anyone know of a way to blow the data without reinstalling CRM. I have 400+ records and i dont want to manually delete them. James You could do this directly via SQL, but for only 400 records it'd probably be just as easy to set you profile to show 100 records per page and delete 4 batches of 100. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 21 Jun 2004 12:48:14 -0700, t3_rig@yahoo.com (James L) wrote: I have imported the data using Scribe, but not ev...

Chart title #4
Hello everybody. How to name the chart (title) with the value in a cell. say B1. Thanks to you all With regards Sridhar Select the chart title, click in the formula bar, & type = then click in B1, & accept the formula. -- David Biddulph "yshridhar" <yshridhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39D32BA9-7109-4ED2-8F83-E9CE99D3501A@microsoft.com... > Hello everybody. How to name the chart (title) with the value in a cell. > say > B1. > Thanks to you all > With regards > Sridhar Sorry Mr. David. I could not follow you. Chart|c...

Graph and Input box for Date Range
All, This is just my thought but have no idea how to proceed. Can someone please provide a solution, I will really appreciate. Not sure how to attach a spreadsheet by my data spreadsheet is uploaded to File section known as DATA.XLSX. Col A. contains dates ( 1-Jan to 16-Aug ) and Col B-K contains data starting year 2001-2010 for the same dates. I would like to create a Date Range Input box so whenever I specify date ranges, it automatically pulls data of those dates from 2001 to 2010 and creates some type of line chart. E.g I specify date1: 3-march and date2: 10-June then line graph sho...

Change y-axis to category in a column chart
I am making charts for data that we took at the school where I teach. We polled seven grades in six different strands of questions. Their replies were 'Always', 'Frequently', 'Occasionally', and 'Never'. We translated these into 4, 3, 2, & 1 to get averages. I have a chart that shows the 42 averages as columns grouped by grades and a chart that shows the 42 averages grouped by strand. I'd like my column chart y-axis to show the words instead of 4, 3, 2, 1. I have read a little about dummy series and I don't understand it yet, but it seems to ...

Combo Charts
I'm having trouble making a column chart and having two of the columns be stacked and the other four as separate columns. I tried to click on the column that I wanted stacked, then went to Chart - Chart Type - Stacked, but it stacked all the columns into one stacked column instead of just the one (and I actually need two columns stacked). I can't choose two columns at the same time to have them stack. Any ideas if this is possible? Thanks. Excel only lets you stack or cluster the columns. But if you arrange your data properly, you can make a stacked chart look the way you wa...

Writing CDATA data to XML
Hi folks! I have a DataSet, which I'm writing into XML using the DataSet.WriteXML() method. Now, I want to write the cell's data/text as CDATA, when it is written into an XML. For example, I want the XML output as follows: <root> <myElement><![CDATA[abc]]></myElement> </root> but not... <root> <myElement>&lt;![CDATA[abc]]&gt;</myElement> </root> Is this possible? thanks! -Yasutaka That is what native "DataSet.WriteXML()" got you ? The MS coders must have had a day off. "Yasutaka Ito" <...

Creating a table from non-decimal data
I have a column on the worksheet that has yes or no as the data entered in each cell. How can I create a pie chart of both answers? It must be very easy but I'm stuck! Do you mean you want to a pie chart with count of No's and count of Yes's If yes/No in A1:A100 Count of Yes: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"yes") Count of No: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"no") Put these in tow cells (B1:B2) Select B1:B2 and use Chart Wizard to make pie chart. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Geraint" <Geraint@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Editing a Chart on a protected worksheet
Hola, I wonder if there is a way to allow the user to edit an embedded chart within a protected worksheet. I know that setting the parameter DrawingObjects=True (when protecting the worksheet) allows for editing while protected. However, in the worksheet there are other shapes that I don't want the user to be able to edit. Is there a way accomplish this using VBA code? Thank you in advance for your reponse. OMER With the sheet unprotected... Select the chart as a chartobject (hold ctrl and select) Right click, Protection, untick Locked Protect the sheet Regards, Peter...

Automatically resize excel charts when exporting them to PowerPoin
The message below is in response to a solution for my question of whether it is possible to build a macro that will export multiple Excel charts to a PowerPoint presentation with one chart to a slide. The "responder" gave me an ingenious solution that works perfectly. My next question is if those charts can be automatically resized. Keep reading for details. Jon, This is working brilliantly. I'd like to throw one more challenge at you if you don't mind. Is there a way to output the charts to PowerPoint with the following parameters: Height 5.66 inches Width 9.66...

plotting unknowns on a chart
I have a table of info which has values (of a protein concentration in this case) and then the recorded results (light absorbance) next to each one. I also have five 'unknown' concentrations, for which i have measured the absorbance. By plottng on a graph i wish to be able to see accurately what the concentration is for each of my unknowns. I seem to get halfway there, and then fail. If anyone can help before i haev to get my graph paper out i'd appreciate it! Richard Richard, Not sure if this will completely answer your problem, it's only my suggestion... I'm a...

How to detect that a range object is in a table?
Hi, How to detect that a range object is in a table? Thanks, Hi mjlaali, ..Range.Information(wdWithInTable) -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "mjlaali" <mjlaali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCBB2AA7-D669-4233-80FA-F0B49C27C009@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How to detect that a range object is in a table? > > Thanks, ...

finding last empty cell and filling data to the left
Hi guys, I have a problem. My data in row 3 starts from different cells all the time,i.e., sometimes from g3, fg3, etc. i have some data in row 4 (the number os values here is also variable) which i want to place right of where the data starts in row3,e.g, row3 blank blank blank blank blank blank blank blank 4 2 3 row4 1 2 3 After the operation I want row3 to look like this blank blank blank blank blank 1 2 3 4 2 3 I hope I have been able to explain the problem. Would really appreciate any help and guidance. Thanks ali On Jul 29, 4:14 pm, ali <ali.wa...@oxfordbusinessalu...

Excel 2007 Charting causes blank screen
When I create a chart in Excel 2007 that is its own sheet, I cannot view it. As soon as I move my mouse over top of it my entire screen goes entirely blank. It isn't locked up, just the entire screen goes white. I can still access the keyboard hotkeys and close excel. Is this a known issue? Also, is there a better place to post problems with the 2007 beta? There are a jillion issues with Excel 2007 charting. If you have access to the BetaPlace newsgroups, use those. Otherwise, there's really no discussion forums for Office 2007. Maybe you could reply on the Excel 2007 blog: ...

Overlapping data points
I would like to plot a XY scatter chart with the following data: Series1 Series2 Series3 Label 1 130 7r 1 130 4m 1 143 2r 2 22 3h 2 22 5k X-axis values are arbitrary within their range. Data points for Series1 (1,130) and Series2 (1,130) overlap. I would like to figure out a way to shift Series2 so that the data point appears next to Series1. Could this be done in Excel using a function? Thanks in advance. ...

Contour Maps form Excel Charts
I thought that it would be simple but apparently not. I am trying to create a contour map from XYZ data points. I am using Excel 2003. I tried the surface plot examples but can't seem to make sence of it. Can someone give me a little help? Here is a small set of the data I'm working with: x y z 2640352 518926 8.4 2639055 519367 13.3 2639573 518721 8.2 2639366 520081 8.8 2639451 520542 16.6 2638851 519372 15.3 2638037 519521 12.3 2637360 519641 9.7 2638856 520656 18.2 2640153 519128 16.4 2640446 519059 9.7 2639092 519853 16.5 2638825 519707 15.4 2638830 519705 12.5 2640008 519404 10...

Exchange 2000 currupted data
My officeemailstoppedworkigtoday.I realized aIhad many badmessages. I deleted themand thenrealized it filled upmy hard drive. No one can access their email from Outlook. I received 2 messages.One is Internal error c1030af2 and the other is Cannot enumerate corrupt queue smtp svc. ANy suggestions? So how much space do you currently have on your Exchange Partition? Are all your Exchange Services Started? Check your Event Viewer Application log for any Errors? What are they? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mike" <Mike@discu...

Missing Data Point Labels
I have Excel 2007 and when I click on a data series and select 'Add Data Labels' they don't show. Any ideas? -- Jerry Hi, Can you provide some more detail. Such as Chart type, chart location, data source. After trying to add data labels does the right click context menu for the series change to Format Data Labels? Are data labels available in the drop down selector in Chart Tools > Layout > Current Selection. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Jerry" <jerryalan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:22084652-0c2b-4...