Starting x-axis at zero?

I am trying to plot some data on a line graph, and the data for th
x-axis has a starting value of zero.  I want the data to be plotted s
that the first value is plotted right on the y-axis itself.  Instead
Excel moves it over to the left, and adds an extra number to the
axis, which I DON'T want it to do.  I tried changing this in the Scal
window under Format Axis..., but it won't let me change it.  Eve
though the data for the x-axis starts out as zero, it still plots th
first point over 1.

Anyone able to help here?

Thanks

Zach -

Use an XY Scatter chart instead of a Line chart. See these links for
more information:

Scatter Chart or Line Chart?
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=190

X Axis: Category or Value?
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CatVsValueAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

ZachB < wrote:

> I am trying to plot some data on a line graph, and the data for the
> x-axis has a starting value of zero.  I want the data to be plotted so
> that the first value is plotted right on the y-axis itself.  Instead,
> Excel moves it over to the left, and adds an extra number to the x
> axis, which I DON'T want it to do.  I tried changing this in the Scale
> window under Format Axis..., but it won't let me change it.  Even
> though the data for the x-axis starts out as zero, it still plots the
> first point over 1.
>
> Anyone able to help here?
>
> Thanks!
>

> ---

jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Item counts on X Report
Currently we see Department sales and % of total sales. Is there a way to replace the "Report.Department.PercentageSales" variable with a total item count for sales in that department? ...

Outlook 6.x Link freezing
I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully updated) Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, but without opening the link. And ideas? ~Yue Yue <daovanveries@msn.com> wrote: > I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully > updated) > > Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a > temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, > but without opening the link. > > And ideas? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

scatter chart x axis problem
The data is in three columns. My client wants the values in column 1 to also be the x-axis values. Is this possible? Nothing that I have tried has worked. Thanks in advance. Suzan Suzan - If you're making an XY Scatter chart, Excel automatically uses the first column as the X values, and uses the rest of the columns for Y values for one less series than you've selected columns. If you're making a line chart, Excel usually uses each column of data as Y values for another series, and uses counting numbers (1, 2, 3,..) for the category values. To help Excel realize what you...

starting value for autonumber in access 2007
I need help adding a table. But I am being asked to use autonumber for the key but they want the key to start at 100 and increase by 5 for each new record. Please note I am a novice and don't have programming experience. I was told that in prior version of access I could specify the start number. How can I do this in access 2007 The Access interface doesn't do this for you. You will need to set the Seed and Increment properties of the column programmatically. Simplest way is to: 1. Create a new query. 2. In first dialog, choose Design view. 3. Cancel the second dialog (Add T...

cannot start Microsoft office. Cannot open the Outlook window. ol 2007
Computer info: Vista sp1 Office Pro 2007 sp2 MSO 12.0.6424.1000 attached to a AD Win 2003 network running Exchange 2003 sp2 What I was doing prior to receiving error: I was attempting to install Vista sp2, when I was notified that I must install a service pack version that was compatible with the languages installed on the system or remove the unneeded ones (only need US english). I decided to uninstall the unneeded languages. After completing the required reboot, I attempted to check my e-mail and got the error message... I get the this error message whenever I attempt to open outlo...

Can Start Information Store
Dear , I Have using Window 2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 And today My IS auto Stop and can't restart , I need to restart my Server to fix it . And it Display beblow Error on Event Log Do anyone know why and how to prevent it Regards, Source : MS ExchangeIS Event ID : 1120 Description Error 0xfffffbf8 initializing the Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store database. & Source : MS ExchangeIS Event ID : 5000 Description Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. Error 0xfffffbf8. Regards, Sean Sean You might want to take a look at this and see if i...

Windows XP Start, Program menu question
Am running Windows XP with the Start menu set to classic setting. Problem is that when I click on Start, Programs only the catagories that I have used lately come up such as Accessories - Games - etc. They all used to come up which is what I want it to be. How do I get Programs under Start, Programs to show again when I move the mouse over them and not just the ones I used lately?? They all used to show until the setting got switched somehow. TIA On Jan 28, 7:43=A0pm, kraut <NewsGroupsPle...@NewsGroupsPlease.org> wrote: > Am running Windows XP with the Start ...

page x of y
This was easy before I upgraded to Word 2007! Now I cannot find this option. The demo says it is in the number design group but it is not there! How do I get this option? I need this help very quickly and will appreciate any one who can clue me in to what must be easy, but ... I can't find it. Thanks. -- nhb -- nc In the page number gallery, there should be an entry called Bold Numbers (Header and Footer Tools Design tab | Page Number | Current Position, Page X of Y category). However, if you can't find it, you can insert the NUMPAGES field (the "Y" p...

Showing only the last x entries?
Hi I have a graph with a moving average trendline, however the amount o data is so much that the graph is not quite readable. Is it possible to only show the last x entries in a graph. This shoul be done automatically. Basically to rephrase the question: I need the graph to be zoomed t the last x entries. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Tali -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi > > I have a graph with a moving average trendline, however the amount of > data is so much that the graph is...

My Application has suddenly started playing up
Hi I have been working on a project for 6 weeks now. Suddenly, a form which was working perfectly well is doing strange thing. Suddenly I can't input data into any of the fields. I have checked all the .enabled and .locked properties, the .AllowAdditions and .AllowEdits I have tried recompiling, compact and repair, even rebooted my PC. What the flaming heck is going on? Stapes On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:59:15 -0700 (PDT), Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have been working on a project for 6 weeks now. Suddenly, a form >which was working perfectly well is d...

Can I reference the min and max values of an axis to a cell?
I'm trying to dynamically create some charts that move by date. I would like to also be able to change the scale of the axis. Basically, I want the max value +10 and the min value -10. Is there a way to change the axis values by linking to a cell instead of entering a value? Gary: You may want to take a look at my tutorial on how to add horizontal lines with min and max dates. Ihave it set for dates, you could easily adjust to non-dates. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm The idea is to assign range names for start and end dates as well as major unit and nu...

2 x Personal Folders
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003...and there are a few things i still haven't really figured out.. Firstly, I never really used the email function in 2000 anyway, as I've always prefered OE...nut just curious to know why in the defualt window pain of 2003...there are 2 "Personal Folers" under Mail... One has the "Today" style icon next to it, and the other has a sort of "data file"box icon... I'd be curious to hear anyone's views on actually using 2003 as their main emailer in stead of OE too... cheers, Hi-Soft do you need the fe...

How to read HTML "PARAM" value from Active X control
I am now writing VB6 Active X control that need to read back dynamic settings from HTML page PARAM like following: <OBJECT ID="UserControl1" classid="clsid:8D448F66-8D94-45FA-B31E-8096D82EE64F" <PARAM NAME="HOSTNAME" VALUE="www.hostname.com"> </OBJECT> How can I read back the HOSTNAME value from my vb6 code ? Thanks in advance. Rgds, Kenneth. ...

Watching Threads I Start
Running Live Mail under W7 I have 'Mark threads I start as watched' checked. My first post when I start a thread shows up red but replies to that thread do not. If I have view set to show 'hide read messages' they replies are not in red and I have missed some replies. How do I get, if possible, all the replies to my thread to show as watched? Thank you. wysiwyg -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Jack Gillis" wrote in message news:uD1NZJtTLHA.4980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... Running Live Mail under W7 I have 'Mark threads I start as w...

extract char x to char y of a cell
If you have a cell "Feb 23 2010 4:11PM", how do extract Feb 23 (char 1 to 6) and 4:11 (char 13 to 16) out of that cell. =LEFT(A1, 6) works on the first part, but I can't find a way to grab from character 13 to chart 16. Thnaks for the help, Check your other post if you just want to change those text values to a real date/time. cpliu wrote: > > If you have a cell "Feb 23 2010 4:11PM", how do extract Feb 23 (char > 1 to 6) and 4:11 (char 13 to 16) out of that cell. > =LEFT(A1, 6) works on the first part, but I can't find a way to grab ...

the red "x" is greyed out on my excel application. How can this . #2
I'm using office 2000. I believe that I may have some sort of virus. I am able to close individual files from within excel, however, I am unable to close excel using the RED "X" button. It is greyed out. Please help. Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior. Gor...

Composing and Printing 2 sided 8.5 x 5.5 tent cards
I am attempting to compose tent cards in a 5.5 x 8.5 configuration. Basicall it is 2 half fold cards on 1 sheet. I have a 2 sided printer. Similar to an Avery 3268. Is there a Publisher template for this? ...

How to print 4 page design on 4.5" x 5.5" top fold cards
I have designed a 4 sheet (front, middle 1, middle 2, and back) as an invitation. This is set up as a 4.25"x 5.5" top fold card. How do I set up Publisher and HP 7280 All-in-one printer to print on card stock. I expect to use two side printing, but Publisher does not have print set up for these standard size cards. You will need 4.25" x 11" card stock OR use 8.5" x 11" stock which you plan to cut to size after printing the invitations. I'm going to assume you will be using 8.5" x11" stock. This will create two invitations per sheet of...

leading zeros 03-05-08
I have a table with a list bldg numbers some are 3 characters and others are 4 characters, the question is how can I place the leading zeros before each bldg number for example I have a building 100 it needs to be 00100 or 01200 how can I make access do this for me? Thanks for your support -- Robb In the table, you can do so by changing the field to text. The number 0100 is simply stated as 100. If the leading zeros are important, then it is not a "number" as far as Access is concerned. Numeric fields are used primarily if you will be doing math on the numbers. Will you ...

Start Up Problem 06-20-10
I'm using XP home SP3 When I start the computer it gets to the Windows XP screen and shuts down. When I restart I get a range of options including start normally, start using last known working configuration and starting in safe mode. The first two usually cause a repeat of the problem though sometimes it starts normally. Starting in safe mode then restarting the computer seems to work every time. Going back to a system restore point before the problem occurred just produces a message that the system cannot be restored. I thought about re-installing windows but when I found...

print 8 page 8 1/2 x 11 booklet 1/2 size?
I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 & set it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough. I have played with this for hours to no avail. I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet and 2 & 7 on the other etc. Help! Have you tried setting up two publications; your original and a new publication? Copy/paste each page and adjust. Using the AutoFit Options in the Format menu would help. -- Mary Sauer h...

Exporting leading zeros
I have a product that needs to import data from an ASCII file. I get the data in an excel format and when I export it the leading zeros go away. Example: 00000123456789 turns into 123456789. the program that I am importing into needs these zeros. I have tried various ways around this to no avail. Any suggestions? Hi Dave you may use a helper column with the following formula =TEXT(A1,"00000000000000") copy this for all rows and export this column -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dave Nagoda wrote: > I have a product that needs to import data from an ASCII...

Office X and home directory slowness on 1st login
Hello world. After a quick search of the group here, I do not see anything that matches so here goes... A friend is a new netadmin at a local school - xserves host user home directories. Unfortunately, I am not there and do not have any further specifics but here is the question. When my friend installs Office X on a machine, reboots and then logs in to it, it takes a long time for Office apps to start (10 min+). Logout, login again, Word starts in 3 seconds. He logs into ANOTHER machine which Office is installed on with the SAME user account as before, launch time is 10 min+. Logs out, log...

Numbers typed in a cell are replaced by zeros.
I am trying to format a cell so that it will have 18 number that are seperated by dashes. Our general ledger is 18 digits in length and seperated as follows xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx. When I type more than 15 digits the last ones are replaced with zeros. In example, if I type 1234-123456-12345678 it converts to 1234-123456-12345000. Hi Pan! Excel only works with 15 digits. You'll need to preface you entries with a ' and force them to be text or pre-format the cells as text. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists...

If Statement
I'm trying to develop a formula to calculate a sales team incentive bonus. A bonus amount is calculated based on sales made, but then is adjusted 3 months later based on the criteria below. Less than 50% of sales still on the books 0% payable 50% to 60% of sales 25% 61% to 70% of sales 50% 71% to 80% of sales 75% 81% to 90% of sales 100% Over 90% of sales 125% I'm afraid I don't know where to start - can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks Look at the VLOOKUP() function Here's an excellent tutorial: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- ...