standard deviation graph

I have values that are produced every 3 minutes. I have calculated the
standard deviation of those values for each hour for a 7 month span. That is
5115 records.

How do I make a bell shaped curve with these values?

0
keano (1)

keano  -

I suggest you start by creating a histogram (column chart of a frequency
distribution).

The Histogram tool of the Analysis ToolPak (an Excel-provided add-in)
automates the procedure, or you could use my Better Histogram tool available
from the Histogram page at www.treeplan.com.

The chart of the frequency distribution may or may not have a bell shape.

-  Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"keano" <keano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have values that are produced every 3 minutes. I have calculated the
> standard deviation of those values for each hour for a 7 month span. That
> is
> 5115 records.
>
> How do I make a bell shaped curve with these values?

0
mike5208 (300)

money 2006 standard upgrade
ive just puchased and downloaded money 2006 from microsoft everything seems to be ok except reports and budgets. it shows upgrade in progress in both but downloads appears to be stuck on 1%. I'm having the same problem...any suggestions? "five-0" wrote: > ive just puchased and downloaded money 2006 from microsoft everything seems > to be ok except reports and budgets. it shows upgrade in progress in both but > downloads appears to be stuck on 1%. Same thing happened to me. I turned off the firewall, closed Money, re-opened Money left for a couple of hours cam...

ignoring null values in graph
I've built a data sheet to represent monthly result data that is appended to each month. In the out-months a formula exists to prevent a DIV/0 error in the data sheet. Problem is, the out months graph with a zero value. How do I fix without having to update the chart range or formulas that calc the percentages each month? Take a look at Jon Peltier's Dynamic Chart information http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynColCht Is this what you are looking for? "Kris B" <Kris B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC0C63B-61DD-4FC8-A90...

na() and #na label displayed on graphs...
Hi all, I have got a list of data and some are resulting from the NA() function. Objective is to avoid a 0 value plot on the graph..... and it is working great. BUT On the graph, I set the label of each ploy to "value". And unfortunately a #NA label is displayed on the graph on each plot where there is the NA()... How can I remove the #NA from my graph ? Thks, AL. In a column or bar chart, you may as well use "". NA() is what works only for marker series (line, XY, and some radar series) by completely hiding the point. In column and bars, the point is plotted, but h...

How do I change the color of some bars in an Excel bar graph?
I have a big data series and want to manually assign three different colors to the bars. Can this be done? Click once to select the entire series, then click again to select one point (one column). Then go to Format menu > Point, and apply a format to the selected point only. To do it automatically, you could set up a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "fergusonlaura" <fergusonlaura@di...

Automating Selection of Graphs for Printing
I have a workbook containing cost data for up to 20 client plans. Each plan's data generates three different graphs, which are collected on three separate worksheets. Thus, sheet 1= 20 plans worth of data input, sheet 2= 20 graphs (type 1), sheet 3= 20 graphs (type 2), and sheet 4= 20 graphs (type 3). Once the data is entered, any assorted grouping of graphs might need to be printed at one time. It has been a pain to scroll around and search for the graphs needed for printing out. Since there are dozens of the self-contained workbooks I've described, I'd like to auto...

Standard Costs
I created a MO in a test account in Great Plains. It's status now is 'Complete'. How can I verify the posting of the standard costs into a certain account? Is there a certain inquiry I can use? First, confirm all batches are posted or examine the transactions in the batches to see if your transaction is found there. Then, use the financial inquiry to examine the inventory asset account(s) for the item to ensure the proper amount(s) are posted. Keep in mind, depending on how you setup your cash flow through manufacturing that up to nine different accounts can be hit wit...

Odd overlapping problem with standard column chart
Hi All, While I've never had a problem with this in the past, this isn't the past... currently, I'm working on a large-scale metrics project, and nearly everything has gone smoothly. However, now, every time I try to create a column chart with multiple y-axes, it overlaps the columns. I've tried changing the sources to both Pivot and standard table forms, I've tried changing the overlap and gap values on the data series for both sources, I've even tried changing it and reverting it to see if it was maybe a bug--no results. I've never once had this problem...

Excel Standard Toolbar button addition/removal problems?
When I add/remove buttons from the Excel Standard toolbar and exit Excel, the next time I reopen Excel the buttons are reset as before. This is not a problem with the Formatting toolbar. Hi Valerie Maybe you have a add-in that reset the Standard toolbar. Uncheck all add-ins and see if the problem stops -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Valerie Dyet" <Valerie Dyet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29ADDC6C-84DC-4889-A169-0D4B09A28171@microsoft.com... > When I add/remove buttons from the Excel Standard toolbar and exit Excel, the > nex...

Standard sheet header
I do most computation sheets in Excel. Works out well and looks fine in reports. But . . . there is a problem with the title and logo area. Cell widths vary from sheet to sheet as need dictates so any header copied in as a worksheet will take on the host cell dimensions, throwing it out of scale and proportion. I've tried two alternatives: an image and an OLE object. Neither one is particularly good for the purpose because some variables, like title or page number need to vary from sheet to sheet. What I'd really like to do is change cell dimensions within a bounding box right on...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise versus Exchange 2003 Standard
Could some one point me to a site that will explain the difference between exchange enterprise versus exchange standard. Licencing costs and feature sets with both products would be of special interst. Thanks On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:31:02 -0800, Zart the Artist <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Could some one point me to a site that will explain the difference between >exchange enterprise versus exchange standard. Licencing costs and feature >sets with both products would be of special interst. >Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

graphs in e-mail
I have a graph that I copied to a spreadsheet (I needed to add additional column information). Now I need to copy the whole thing to an e-mail, it needs to be part of the e- mail, not an attachment. My problem is I can get either the graph or the "extra" information not both. Any suggestions? ...

Charting blocks of time as a bar graph
Is there a way to convert/display a given chunk of time (for example a person's shift) into a bar graph/chart? For example: If someone works 6am-2pm, I would like to have that shift show up as a bar in a graph covering those hours. I would ultimately like to enter a person's shift and have it display somewhere else on the page or another sheet in a graph form to see graphically if we are short in coverage somewhere. An example of what I mean can be found here: https://public.me.com/gadgetman Any suggestions/help???? hi, you can download a model (Gantt Chart) here: http://o...

graph size
When I create a new graph, it shows up very, very small. How do I get it sized right? Trying to graph the edge doesn't always work. ...

How can I suppress a portion of a line graph?
I want to create a line graph in Excel showing sales of three products. Two of the products have 6 years of data, but the third has only been on the market three years. How can I display only the last three years of data for product 3 and eliminate the zeros that are assumed for years 1, 2 and 3? In other words, I want to suppress the line segment that starts at zero in year 3 and rises steeply to the sales value in year 4 and show only the line segments from years 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 for the third product. two ways first is to delete the "0" values in the data series second ...

Reordering Bars in Bar Graphs
I have created a bar graph but excel seems to order the bars in increasing numerical value automically. I would like to choose my own order (reverse the order). How do I do that? ...

Quicken 2005 to Money 2006 Standard OEM
I love the Money graphs and standard reports. NO comparison to Quicken. So I converted my Quicken 2005 data to Money 2006. I don't remember any error messages, but as soon as I started using reports by categories there are HUNDREDS of transactions with no categories. This means I have to look each transaction up in Quicken and then edit it in Money. Should I try another conversion? I use sub-categories in Quicken, like "Food:Bev" - is that creating a problem? -- Phil at Daytona Beach In microsoft.public.money, PRFreimann wrote: >I love the Money graphs and standar...

create a 3 dimension axis graph
I would like to create a three axiss, three dimension graph that I can use in powerpoint. ...

How can I set a break on the Y-axis of an excel graph?
Hello, I would appreciate any tips as to how I can set a break on the Y-axis of an excel graph? Im using a vertical bar graph. Thank you very much! Hala DC See Broken y axis http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/index.html Also, Jon Peltier has an example on his site at www.peltiertech.com. You'll have to find the exact page. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <BDD634EB-85C3-4A07-B666-B68EBC066878@microsoft.com>, "=?Utf-8?B? SGFsYSBEQ...

Plotting two datasets on a graph
Hi, i have two datasets of X and Y Values. The first dataset has 48 pairs of X,Y values. The second has 96 pairs. I wonder how i can plot this on the same graph so i can compare them. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Thanks, Victor In the Chart type box, select XY (Scatter). (Not "Line") Data range series1, x: =Sheet1!$A$2:$A$49 series1, y: =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$49 series2, x: =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$97 series2, y: =Sheet1!$D$2:$D$97 HTH -- MRT "VICTOR" <victor.herasme@gmail.com> wrote in message news:15306552-7e87-4606-9892-f0cf404d239c@g27g2000yq...

Timer in a standard dll
I have an MFC application with a regular MFC dll. In the dll, I need some timer but I don't know how to do it since there is no window in the dll and creating a windows class for that would make it run in the class object which is not what I want. Is there any solution for that? Regards I. lesher Gur wrote: > I have an MFC application with a regular MFC dll. In the dll, I need some > timer but I don't know how to do it since there is no window in the dll and > creating a windows class for that would make it run in the class object > which is not what I want. >...

Online portfolio and Money 2006 Standard
I have been tracking my investments for some time using the online portfolio manager. I recently acquired the standard version of Money 2006. How can I have the portfolio from online appearing in the recently installed copy of Money 2006? Peter ...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the Sheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that it stays with the sheet (not with the PC) as the sheet will be given out to multiple PC's Any help would be most apprciated. Ignore this one .. it got posted twice .. "Learning" wrote: > I ...

Standard Signature for ALL OUTGOING messages (e-mails)
Hello, I'm trying to setup a banner that will go out with every email comming out of my organization. Something like the one "This e-mail was courtesy of "Organization name" but I want to use this for security purposes. Can this be done in Exchange without having to include this to all the mailboxes in the organization? Thanks There is not a function within in Exchange. it will require a 3rd party utility. We use one before deciding to adjust everyone's Outlook signature and then let them maintain their own. The link before is for GFI's MES. As long as ...

SBS vs Standard
Hi all! All of my experience with Exchange has been with the "Full/Standard" versions of Exchange & Server. Now, I'm thinking of filling a small clients needs with an SBS setup (cheaper), but I'm a little hazy on the differences. They have about 30 users, and will want to use OWA. Anything special I need to be aware of with the SBS versions? Thanks! Mark The only thing you need be aware of is that SBS Exchange must reside on the SBS Server, you CANNOT install it on another server in the SBS Domain. Other than that it runs the same as Standard Version of Excha...

Excel Graph
Hello, Need help with a dynamic graph. I am using a defined names to automatically update a chart range but I want the number of horizontal data points to be fixed at say 10 data points. I want to truncate old data points and add the newest each time a new entry is made. Thanks Hi, This page describes the last 12 months. You should be able to modify for your needs. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Fay" <Fay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...