Stacked Line-Column Graph

I was wondering if anyone could help me make a Line-Column
Graph that has stacked columns.
There are to be 3 data series that are stacked column
format and 1 that is line format
Thanks
Luke
0
anonymous (74722)

Create a stacked column chart from all the data.
Right-click on the series that you want as a Line
In the shortcut menu, choose Chart Type
Select the Line chart type, and one of the subtypes
Click OK

Jon Peltier has information on creating your own combination charts:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboChart1.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

changing lookup columns
Anybody know a way to add a column to the LookUp screen for Accounts? When I am in a contact record and want to choose a parent account, I would like more columns to distinguish between the different accounts that come up. This isn't the Advanced Find or Associated View for Accounts so I can't see where to add the columns. I've even checked the QueryBase table and don't see any one that looks like it applies. Thanks. There is no supported way to do this in v.1x. Check this folder if you feel curious: \\CRMSERVER\c$\Inetpub\wwwroot\_controls\lookup\lookupxml "A...

Truncate message after certain number of lines
Hi All; Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. TIA On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:35:04 -0700, WhoC@nItbN0W <WhoCnItbN0W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All; > >Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and >pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. > > > >TIA Whats the goal? Hi: 1. A simple issue really (a) Cant prevent users from fwding emails over emails, appending their rema...

multiple-line
Hi, how I can specify working of fields so that it is posted multiple-line in a form MSCRM3.0 Thanck you. Hi Ahmed, If your field's data type is nvarchar and Format is Text or Text Area than it can be expanded on multiple lines. In customization of that form, in Field Properties of that field, on Formatting tab there is an option of Row Layout. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi, > how I can specify working of fields so that it is ...

Insert Blank Line and Sort
------------liX6Lxsnq7Ovs6LAASpU5y Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Within a worksheet I have an example of data below consisting of four columns. I need to put a blank line in between the Racecourse (where they change) and after do a sort on Rating (high to low). Is it possible? I could do it with a macro, but am unable to fathom out how to deal with a differing number of horses at each racecourse. Time Racecourse Horse Rating 04:30:00 SANDOWN Dare To Dance 0.261 04:30:00 SANDOWN Garud 0.153 04:30:00 SANDOWN Wes...

Pivot Table Splits Columns for same entry #2
Thanks for the response. However, I seem to have misrepresented m problem because the solution doesn't help. In the Layout for the Pivo Table I have the following: In the "ROW": Item#, In the "COLUMN": Tota Lost $, Frequency of Reports generated by item #, In the "DATA": sum th counts of each item #. My chart displays the Item# on the x-axis, th sum the counts of each item # on the y-axis, the Total Lost $ and th Frequency of Reports generated by item # in the legend. There should only be one column per item # whether the chart type i stacked or clustered. I...

Stacked/clustered column chart with a two vertical axes
Much has been discussed here about how to build this chart, but I haven't found anything explaining the possibility of combining it with a second y axis. I want to graph the advertising expenditure and gross rating points (what would be the return of investment on advertising) on television for three diaper brands by day part. Day parts would be represented by the different colors of which columns will consist. There are 5 of them: day, early, prime, late and over. For each brand, I want that two data columns show. The one to the right will represent the expenditure in $ and the one to the...

Help Please- How to offset Date to correct column for Ageing
Hi All, I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup table, on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next three columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity of product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9 months 50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability provision. What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the quantity is automatically inserted into the correc...

Side by side stacked bar chart
Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page on cluster stacked column chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy JRW523 wrote: > Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different > periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 > and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://...

SQL statement to find a particular column within all tables
I am looking for a query that will allow me to find all instances of a particular column within all tables so I know where they are all located. Does anyone have such a query they would be willing to share? Thank you. Pam, I posted this query a few months aback on my blog (http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/03/in-past-days-i-have-found-lot-of-people.html), but here is the excerpt: select distinct rtrim(objs.name) from syscolumns cols inner join sysobjects objs on (cols.id = objs.id) inner join sysindexes indx on (cols.id = indx.id) where (cols.name = 'ACTINDX') and (ob...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

comparing columns of numbers
Hi If you have 2 columns of numbers and you want to find the numbers that are in one columns but not the other, and you type say A10=B10 then when you find a figure that is in one column but not the other you insert/delete a line and then drag the formula down again to keep checking. Is there any better formula I can use or anyway I can do it so I don't have to keep dragging down the formula Public Sub ProcessData() Const TestCol1 As String = "A" Const TestCol2 As String = "B" Dim i As Long Dim LastRow As Long With Application .ScreenUpdating = Fal...

How do I make column on the left side of Outlook[inbox,Sent etc.]
I want to add a column on the left side when I am in Outlook that shows (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc...) How is this done when in Outlook, Windows XP (SP3) Home Edition? "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FA61CD3-8CE3-4DFA-B7B7-A27BCF0C29A6@microsoft.com... > I want to add a column on the left side when I am in Outlook that shows > (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc...) How is this done when in Outlook, > Windows XP (SP3) Home Edition? Enable the Navigation Pane. Press Alt+F1 or click View>Navigation Pane. ...

Help...Need to modify data within a column in a .csv file
I have been given a .csv file of several thousand rows, and I need to change column A of each. The brief cutout below shows column A of the first two rows. (I need to skip the first row, which is the headers.) Kinda clumsy to have such a wide column, but the application this file is to be fed after I change the contents requires all the data separated by double-quotes to be in the one column. Cell A2: 09/12/0509/25/05"1417385"121"307"111-11-1111"09/30/05"LASTNAME1 Cell A3: 09/12/0509/25/05"1417386"101"900000005"222-22-2222"09/30/05"...

graphs #5
I have a graph that contains over 60 products being graphed. When the graph is completed it is all a big mess you cant see what is what - please help In article <41EC72A8-36FA-4381-9FCB-C2647D7D54E4@microsoft.com>, Shari@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a graph that contains over 60 products being graphed. When the graph > is completed it is all a big mess you cant see what is what - please help > Help with what? What do you expect someone to suggest? The only things that come to mind are: (1) Increase the size of the chart (2) Reduce the amount of informati...

excel grid lines over lapping the text
Closer to the bottom of a printed Excel spread sheet the text is moving into the lines. I cannot tell if the grid or the text is moving. I am a printer technician for HP and I have looked at the printer and it is OK. The driver has been updated also. Can anyone else? I won't bore you with the standard 'Update the Printer Driver' answer, because if anyone's got the latest then you have :-) I did try a Google on it, and found practically zip on solutions for this, other than one suggestion from Nick, that you may want to give a go:- >>I doubt Excel and strange though it ...

Smartlist Lines are Brown not Blue
We we pull up a smartlist report to view, the lines are brown and white alternately, not blue and white. We cannot see where our cursor is on the report in the window. We are on GP 10. SP3. Thank you! This could be your video card. Is it this way on all of the windows on each different workstations? Are the workstations all the same? Does anyone have the Support Debugging tool installed and changed the window colors? Kind regards, Leslie "spunkiegirl" wrote: > We we pull up a smartlist report to view, the lines are brown and white > alternately, not...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

Record data on two lines
Sorry about repeating the post but I think I messed up the first one yeaterday! I am receiving a spreadsheet from an agency with record information on two lines. Example: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Line 3 blank Record 2: A4, B4, C4, D4, A5, B5, C5 There are over 100 records like this. They claim they can't fix it... It originates from a Crystal Report. How can I change the data so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 Record 2: A2, B2, .......................G2 Thanks for any help! Dan A simple way is to 1) select all of the data fields. 2) Cli...

Colour part of a line on an X Y graph
I have an XY graph which connects the series with a line. Lets say the series runs left to right on the chart creating a straight horizontal line. Is it possible to have multiple colours on that line? That is, I want to colour certain portion of the line a certain colour and other portion another colour. Is this possible Hi, You can format the line between points by selecting the series and then selecting the specific line segment. Use CTRL+1 to bring up the format dialog. Note that formatting the line segment will affect the legend so you might be better off plotting additional d...

Convert column # to the letter of the alphabet
In the following code the uCol value is a number, I need the actual column letter. Is there an easy way to convert the # to the correct column letter. I could us an array or a function with a select case but I have at least 180 columns that have to be done. The code is used to determine the location of a particular Agent's sales data for poping up a chart using that data. uAdd = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address uCol = Range(uAdd).Column Thanks! Try this... uAdd = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address(1, 0) uCol = Split(uAdd, "$")(0) -- Rick (MVP - E...

include more than 3 data series as columns in combination chart
I am making a combination chart and am only able to include the first 3 data series with the column chart part. The rest of the series are all included with the second series which has a much larger value. On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Cindy <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am making a combination chart and am only able to include the first 3 data >series with the column chart part. The rest of the series are all included >with the second series which has a much larger value. Ignore "combination" charts, you don't need the ...

Graphs -- Cross Platform Compatibility
I am using OS X 10.3 and Office v.X with all service packages up to date. My office is using Office 2000 and Windows 2000/XP. All service packages are up to date on Office. I have created two very simple graphs in Microsoft Graph (via Powerpoint) on my Mac. They are bar graphs (2-D) with very few frills. I have transfered the Powerpoint presentations to coworkers. No one in the office can open the graphs. The slides show up as little "missing graphic" Xs in the presentation. I'm really good with computers, but short of saving the graphs as a graphic file (which I don't wa...

Line Chart-EXACT End Date
This has come up several times on "tests" I have taken for jobs. I have gotten this to work in the past by playing with the scale but I am sure there is a better way to do it. I want to create a line chart based on dates where the end date shows on the axis. The data doesn't have a common denominator that makes sense so I am stumped. If I had my choice I would use a Scatter as I can make those dates behave but I need to do it with a Line Chart. Have tried the Time/Scale axis as well as the Category option. Thanks. One easy way in a line chart is to sort the worksheet ...

Call Contact
Hi There I am having problems with Outlook 2003's Call contact feature. I want to use a normal analog modem at work to dial numbers of contact for me. I am then supposed to pick-up the handset and start talking. Technically everything is working fine .... Except. We are using a PABX system and we need to dial "0" for any outside line. The problem ... Even tho my dialing rules are set to dial "0" for an outside line and any Dialup Connection does this correctly, Outlook seems to ignor the rule and dials the number without the "0". I do not want to update al...

looking up the last value in a column
I need assistance in choosing the correct function so that I can obtain the last calculated value in a column range as each month another value is added to the list. =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) would fetch the last numerical value from column A. Bob wrote: > I need assistance in choosing the correct function so that I can obtain the > last calculated value in a column range as each month another value is added > to the list. Dear Aladin Thanks for your reply however this did not solve my problem. The column (T) contains formulas which are dependent to other cells so ...