stacked column question

I have the following data:
A             B           C          D          E
Jan 09     10          10        100       90
Feb 09     15          14        90        90
Mar 09     15          13        95        90

i want to create a stacked column chart where columns B and D are stacked
together, and columns C and E are stacked along side the B/D column, for each
month.   How do I do that?

0
mapretty (1)

Column Reference to External Source As a Variable
Can anyone help me convert the column referenced in the formula below into a variable that the user can define? More specifically, I have several columns that I need to read from an external workbook (Short_Billy.xls). Each column to the right of column C represents an additional day out in a 14 day projection from today (whose data is held in column C). In cell I5 of my active workbook (Inventory.xls), I would like the user to be able to enter a value representing the number of days out they would like to see the projection for (0=today=Column C, 1=Tomorrow=Column D, etc.). In cell I6, I...

Column Headings #11
Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet w/out affecting the upper column sizes... Coolumn width belongs to the entire column and cannot be altered in separate sections of that column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:51:01 -0800, spencer4hire <spencer4hire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? >I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet >w/ou...

Text to columns

Newbie question
'hello, can someone explain in plain English what this formula is actually saying: =IF(C32="FOB",(B28:C28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B19)-B28,(B28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B20)-B28) I understand the C32="FOB", but the rest I don't. I know it is referencing another spreadsheet but don't know what it is looking at?? Thanks bassman Double-click on the cell with the formula and you will see the syntax IF(logical_test, [value_if_true], [value_if_false]) You have a logical text for "FOB" on C32 of active sheet. If True the...

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Excel 2003 Copy/Paste filtered column
I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filtered column. It is not copying over the original filtered column but rather over cells that have been filtered out. The worksheet/cells are not protected. What could the problem be? Kind Regards Heather That's the way pasting works. It'll hit the visible and hidden cells. Heather wrote: > > I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, > changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filter...

how to automatically suppress space before after column break?
Having Spacing Before and After on some of the styles, I seem to be unable to have the space before at the beginning of a column automatically dismissed when applying a column break. I have tried a couple of options under compatibility, but to no avail. This in on Word 2003. The No HTML function + No Space Before after column break do not solve the problem. Can you help please? Tools | Options | Compatibility: Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break. If this isn't working, then check to make sure you don't have an empty paragraph before the first text pa...

matching columns of numbers

Winfax question before purchase
i dont know where else to place this and there have been alot of posts in here relating to winfax, so here goes: I run a business and all of the time we get customers telling us they faxed something, and we have no record of it. now sometimes they never sent it...sometimes they sent it upside down and we received it blank..sometimes we just lost it. I am thinking that Winfax might be a solution to my problems, but I need to know a few things. A. can I set up winfax so that I plug my fax line into my comp, it receives the fax, and automatically prints it out to my printer (functioning jus...

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

forms and column lengths
Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the row above?? Hi there's n o bulit-in feature for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Blair" <Blair@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C1D2CAAD-C4E9-492A-ADF4-CBDB659514A3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row > when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the > row > above?? ...

Input mask & Format question
Greetings I use the input mask \(999") "999\-9999 in the Phone field of my table. I wanted the brackets, space and dash stored in the table because the data is imported into other applications. 1234567890 is stored as (123) 456-7890. On one of my forms there is a combobox with fields CustID, CustName, Phone. My problem is how to format the phone number in the cbo. It shows up as 1234567890. Thanks in advance Becky Hi - Set the input mask to \(999") "999\-9999:0 (adding semicolon - zero). This forces the literals to be stored along with the other characters...

Selecting a column with an integer
Sub ColumnSelection() ' Selecting a column with an integer ' Please show me how to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) Dim r As Integer Dim c As String Dim numericcolumn As Integer Dim alphabetcolumn As String numericcolumn = 4 ' in practice 4 is the resultant of an equation alphabetcolumn = "=CHAR(" & numericcolumn + 64 & ")" Cells(1, 1) = alphabetcolumn ' I like to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) c = Cells(1, 1).Value ' I like to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) Cell...

BP Req Mgmt Lookup should show additional columns
When doing a lookup I should be able to configure the columns that I would like to see visible on the lookup. For example, when looking up an item only item number and item description are visible fields. I would like to configure the lookup to show additional fields, like the vendor name. ...

Prevent copy and paste in one column
I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying and pasting on the whole worksheet. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then Application.CellDragAndDrop = False Application.CutCopyMode = False Else Application.CellDragAndDrop = True End If End Sub Works for me in Excel 2003 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:42:01...

copying column width in tables
Hi, I created a table in Publisher with 6 columns. I would columns #1, 2, 4 and 5 to have the same width and columns 3 and 6 to have a different width. I'd like to set the width of column 1 and then paste that size to the other four so they all have exactly the same width. Presently, I am eyeballing it, but it takes too much time and is not exact. Any ideas on how to do this? The only way is to create guides. Arrange, ruler guides. You could try creating a table in Word, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsof...

Graph question #2
Hi Folks, Quick query with regards to how data is read by a graph. I have a sheet featuring the number of staff assigned to the call centre at 1/2 hour points throughout the day. This data is stored in a sheet called 'Data' and in cells D17, E17, F17 etc etc. The data within this page is not very well presented as it is run automatically from the system we use here so I have made a more presentable table and graph. For the table for each 1/2 i simply reference the cell in the data page so that all i have to do to update the sheet week by week is paste fresh data in. Using =Data!D17 t...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...