Stacked column charts that cross the X Axis

Hello

I need to show a stacked chart for the budgets of companies A, B, C &
D.  As you can see, I have both positive and negative numbers. My
graph starts both the negative and positive data at zero.  I'm not an
expert at graphs so the simpler the better.

	A	B	C	D
Budget	  =A30.313 	-=A31.179 	-=A32.055 	 =A31.1

Thank you very much for your time.

Valerie
0
vgarrow (14)

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedColumnsAboveAndBelow.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"valerie" <vgarrow@carletonls.com> wrote in message
Hello

I need to show a stacked chart for the budgets of companies A, B, C &
D.  As you can see, I have both positive and negative numbers. My
graph starts both the negative and positive data at zero.  I'm not an
expert at graphs so the simpler the better.

A B C D
Budget   �0.313 -�1.179 -�2.055 �1.1

Thank you very much for your time.

Valerie

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

No aggregate on chart??
I have the following sql code that I grabbed from the sql view: TRANSFORM Max(ChartQuery.amount) AS MaxOfamount SELECT ChartQuery.period FROM ChartQuery GROUP BY ChartQuery.period PIVOT ChartQuery.store; My question is that I do not want to use an aggregate for the amount? If the amounts ranges from 0 - 100000 then that is what I would like displayed on the left (y) of the chart. Can this be done, it seems simple enough? HELP! I put off responding to this because I don't really understand the question; seems that no-one else did either, from the lack of replies. Since you have a cros...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Downloaded "Fitness Chart for Males" need it in metric?
The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version available? Hi, This says it metric. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010762691033.aspx?CategoryID=CT010482871033 Cheers Andy Bewildered wrote: > The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version > available? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how do i set up repeating row/column titles in Excel?

VBA to Fill all empty cells in all columns in a range
What is the VBA code to: 1) calculate then select the complete "used range" (all rows & columns) in a Worksheet 2) fill-down all empty cells with the last value preceding the empty cell, without overwriting the data already there. Original After Fill 1 11111 11111 2 22222 22222 3 22222 4 22222 5 12345 12345 6 67789 67789 7 78678 78678 8 78678 9 99999 99999 Using Excel 2003 TIA Dennis ps. I have a separate question next post for an entirely different subject There's a code sample here, for fill blank cells in a column: http://www.contextures.co...

How do I show summary totals from a pivot table on a bar chart
I created a pivot table which shows the both individual and grand totals based on the fields I selected. I then created a bar chart based on this pivot table. What I would like to do is show the grand totals as well as the individual totals. Is this possible, if so how do I do it? When I try this (link to the pivot table's summary total) I get an error saying not a valid function. The function line contains =GETPIVOTDATA("Personnel no.",'P2'!$A$3) "Jon Peltier" wrote: > Colleen - > > You can add textboxes to the chart, which are linked to works...

Chart Links ?
We have a workbook ('Book1') that we need to archive every week. In this workbook there are 3 charts (on a tab called 'graphs') which have source data linked to a tab called 'data' all within the same workbook. When we 'SaveAs' to a different location the source code of the charts is remaining with the original workbook ('Book1') and not with the newly saved workbook ('Book2'). Why is this happening, and how do we fix it???? Kevin Kevin, This doesn't sound like normal Excel behaviour... What you've described should only happen if y...

Creating Cross-Project Links
Hi 1). What is the usage of Creating Cross-Project Links ? As I understand, "Cross-project links are useful when two or more projects have only a few tasks that affect one another. For example, a milestone within a development project might trigger a task in an advertising campaign project." 2). How it is implemented in Project 2007 ? When I copied the task from the source project into my project ( target project ) using "Paste Special", the new task I created become another task in my target project. My observation is both task ( ie. task in the source...

OL 97: Control-C, X, and V don't work in XP!
Only a genius will figure this one out ... Installed Outlook 97 in Windows XP, everything works fine -- but for some reason, the Copy/Cut/Paste shortcuts (ctrl-C, ctrl-X, ctrl-V) don't work in Calendar mode. When I use ctrl-X, the little scissor icon flashes, so SOMETHING's being sent to the clipboard, but ctrl-V does not paste anything. When I press Ctrl-C and try to copy an appointment to another day, a duplicate copy of the appointment appears on the same day of the first appointment! Please help! ...

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

fixing pie chart colors depending upon value ?
This is really about using an excel chart inside an access report but nobody in microsoft.access.reports seems to know the answer. Using a grouped field in a database I end up with two values per record showing the number of 'goods' and the number of 'bads' The pie chart plots these two numbers. I want the 'good' slice always to be green and the 'bad' slice always to be red. Setting the format worked OK until I had 7 goods and zero bads, then the whole chart was red instead of green. Any idea how I can fix this? Howard The technique described in thi...

How do I change x-axis in an Excel Radar Chart?
I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this to 1 line every 10 degrees. Is this possible? Ideally I would like a polar plot graph where I can enter any angle and magnitude. Does such a thing exist? Hi, For polar plot you can use the xy scatter. I have an addin that may help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy Dr. J.White wrote: > I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar > assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this...

Finding values in different rows/columns
This should be simple, but I'm lost. To greatly simplify my sheets: 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 45 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 45 I want to do a VLOOKUP(1,A1:A10,1,false) and return the value in D4, or VLOOKUP(2,A1:A10,1,false) and return the value in C9. In other words, find my A cell reference and return the value in a different row/column from that. Another question: When I move a cell (cell1) to another cell (cell2) a cell (cell3) that references cell1 moves its reference from cell1 to c...

Survival distribution function chart
Is anyone familiar with the Kaplan-Meier estimator, and if there is a way I can get excel to draw a traditional survivior curve? The charts on this page http://www.xlstat.com/demoKM.xls are the style that I would like to produce. However, these appear to have been produced using an add-on called XLstat Pro. I am attempting to produce a spreadsheet to analyse various statistical models which are all reliant on producing a survivor curve in this style. Any help anyone could offer me would be gratefully received as I have spent days trying and can not find a way of doing this. -- max0d --...

cross referenceing data in excel
I have two data sets in excel, each with the same unique id. I am trying to enrich the data from one data set with the other. Therefore if for example I have name and address details & the unique ID on one sheet AND I have say annual spend and unique ID on another sheet. I want to combine the data sets using the unique ID as the identifier and create one whole data set. ie. have one data set with unique ID, name & Address and spend on one sheet Can this be done? VLOOKUP can give you just what you wantSuppose we have a table of pet IDs, pet names and pet types starting in A...

Combining two columns into one- Excel 2007
I have two columns of information. The first contains the date and the second contains a number. I want to combine these two into a single column where the date is the first piece of data and the number is the second, etc. etc. I have about 15000 sets of data (date and number), so to do this manually would be out of the question. Any suggestions for a "novice" programmer? Thanks Steve Clarification What I want to do is insert a blank row every other row, and then move the data in column b1 down into A2, b2 into A4 etc. Original worksheet A B 2/1/2007 45 2/2/2007 49 2/3/2007...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

Charting Filtered Data
I have an excel sheet that has a bunch of data imported to it from SQL Server 2k. I need to either pull all the relevant data from a date typed in by the user which that data returned will be used to build my charts, or find a way to build the chart from filtered data where the entire table is imported, but the user selects the data to filter on. (this idea is probably not a good idea as the table is already at 11k records and grows by roughly 20 records a day). -- BCullenward ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BCullenward's Profile: http://www....

Hiding columns and custom views problem
Hello: I have defined 6 views in modules that define views. The views are simply hiding or showing columns based on a value in a hidden row. These columns are also grouped in outlines. I am having issues with one of the views which is spitting out the "can't move objects off sheet" error. I already have code in the workbook that autosets the "size with cells" property of inserted comments. Are there some caveats with hiding/showing columns which are grouped? Are there limits to the number of columns that can be manipulated in this way? My sheet has 150 colum...

Inactive chart icon
In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some the chart icon i grayed out.On others it works normally. None of the help screens ha helped ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Probably those workbooks are shared, which means that lots of features aren't available. For more information, look in Excel's Help, under "Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks" magison wrote: > In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some t...

How do I change one point in a scatter chart color
I want to change teh colour of one point in a scatter chart, for example Person Score Age time A 25 20 1 B 20 14 1.5 C 22 22 0.75 D 23 23 1.25 I want to plot score against age, but highlight the point where the time is less than 1. Any help would be appreciated Hi, The easiest way is to add another series to plot just the points that need a different colour. Assuming your data example is in the range A1:D5 then add this formula to E2 and drag down to E5. =IF(D2<1,C2,NA())...

Automating bubble chart colours
Does anyone know if the colour of a bubble within a chart can be conditionally formatted through reference to a cell within the spreadsheet ? I want the colour of each bubble within the chart to based on the result of a calculation within the spreadsheet. Currently the cells containing the calculation are conditionally formatted to give a red, amber, green result and I want to link the colour of the conditionally formatted cells to the colour of the associate bubble. (At the moment I update the bubbles manually) Hi, The normal work around for making a charts formatting conditional is...

point & figure charts in ms excel
i am a new member. I would like to know if one can generate point figure charts in ms excel. the standard charts in the chart function d not have point & figure charts & drawing them manually is tim consuming. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I found this buried in Andy Pope's website: http://andypope.info/ngs/ng8.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ amateur < wrote: > i am a new member. I would like to know if one can generate point & ...

Transfer information from column
Excel 2007 I have a large spreadsheet that was exported from a accounting file. There are four columns with addresses, (add 1, add 2...), I would like to be able to take this information and move it into one column without re-doing all the information. If I can do this, I will be able to wrap the text to fit on the same page. Sub put4columnsinto1() dim i as integer dim dlr as long dim lr as long For i = 2 To 4 dlr = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1 lr = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row Cells(1, i).Resize(lr).Copy Cells(dlr, 1) Next i End Sub -- Don Guille...