Stacked Column Charting

Has anyone tried the following?

From the data set below, I would like to have the data to the right of  the 
Hrs. avail data be a stacked bar for each day. Along with this the Hrs. avail 
data would be a bar next to the remaing row of data.

I tried placing the Hrs. avail on its own axis but that did not seem to work.

In short I want to show the number of hours availabe in a day and actual 
hours used by the verious other data.

Regards,

Hal 

Day	Hrs. avail	EM's	PM's	Cal's	Projects	Other	Idle
1	14	4	2.5	2	4	0	1.5
2	14	5	1	1	3	0	4
3	14	0	2	2	6	0	4
4	7	2	0	0	3	0	2
5	14	2	0	0	10	0	2
6	14	2	0	0	12	0	0
7	14	2	0	0	8.5	0	3.5
8	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
9	14	4	0	0	8	0	2
10	14	4	0	0	8	0	2
11	14	4	0	0	8	0	2
12	14	4	0	0	8	0	2
13	14	2	0	0	12	0	0
14	14	3	0	0	7	0	4
15	14	3	0	0	7	0	4
16	14	3	0	0	1	7	3
17	14	3	0	0	8	0	3
18	14	3	0	0	8	0	3
19	14	2	0	0	7	0	5
20	14	2	0	0	7	0	5
21	14	3	0	0	7.5	0	3.5
22	14	3	0	0	7.5	0	3.5
23	14	3	0	0	7.5	0	3.5
24	14	3	0	0	7.5	0	3.5
25	14	3	0	0	7.5	0	3.5
26	14	4	0	0	6	0	4
27	14	2	0	0	8	0	4
28	14	4	0	0	7	0	3
29	14	4	0	0	7	0	3
30	14	4	0	0	7	0	3

0
HAL1 (16)
7/23/2008 6:26:10 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
448 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 44

Treat is as a clustered-stacked column chart, with a stack of one column 
next to a stack of many:

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______



"Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6F723171-59D6-4742-B501-E320B201C460@microsoft.com...
> Has anyone tried the following?
>
> From the data set below, I would like to have the data to the right of 
> the
> Hrs. avail data be a stacked bar for each day. Along with this the Hrs. 
> avail
> data would be a bar next to the remaing row of data.
>
> I tried placing the Hrs. avail on its own axis but that did not seem to 
> work.
>
> In short I want to show the number of hours availabe in a day and actual
> hours used by the verious other data.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hal
>
> Day Hrs. avail EM's PM's Cal's Projects Other Idle
> 1 14 4 2.5 2 4 0 1.5
> 2 14 5 1 1 3 0 4
> 3 14 0 2 2 6 0 4
> 4 7 2 0 0 3 0 2
> 5 14 2 0 0 10 0 2
> 6 14 2 0 0 12 0 0
> 7 14 2 0 0 8.5 0 3.5
> 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> 9 14 4 0 0 8 0 2
> 10 14 4 0 0 8 0 2
> 11 14 4 0 0 8 0 2
> 12 14 4 0 0 8 0 2
> 13 14 2 0 0 12 0 0
> 14 14 3 0 0 7 0 4
> 15 14 3 0 0 7 0 4
> 16 14 3 0 0 1 7 3
> 17 14 3 0 0 8 0 3
> 18 14 3 0 0 8 0 3
> 19 14 2 0 0 7 0 5
> 20 14 2 0 0 7 0 5
> 21 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> 22 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> 23 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> 24 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> 25 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> 26 14 4 0 0 6 0 4
> 27 14 2 0 0 8 0 4
> 28 14 4 0 0 7 0 3
> 29 14 4 0 0 7 0 3
> 30 14 4 0 0 7 0 3
> 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
7/23/2008 9:26:26 PM
Thanks for info Jon,

Here it is the 2nd of Aug and I'm just getting around to checking for replies.

I'll give this a try at work next week. 

Best Regards,

Hal

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Treat is as a clustered-stacked column chart, with a stack of one column 
> next to a stack of many:
> 
> http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/
> 
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
> 
> 
> 
> "Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:6F723171-59D6-4742-B501-E320B201C460@microsoft.com...
> > Has anyone tried the following?
> >
> > From the data set below, I would like to have the data to the right of 
> > the
> > Hrs. avail data be a stacked bar for each day. Along with this the Hrs. 
> > avail
> > data would be a bar next to the remaing row of data.
> >
> > I tried placing the Hrs. avail on its own axis but that did not seem to 
> > work.
> >
> > In short I want to show the number of hours availabe in a day and actual
> > hours used by the verious other data.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hal
> >
> > Day Hrs. avail EM's PM's Cal's Projects Other Idle
> > 1 14 4 2.5 2 4 0 1.5
> > 2 14 5 1 1 3 0 4
> > 3 14 0 2 2 6 0 4
> > 4 7 2 0 0 3 0 2
> > 5 14 2 0 0 10 0 2
> > 6 14 2 0 0 12 0 0
> > 7 14 2 0 0 8.5 0 3.5
> > 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> > 9 14 4 0 0 8 0 2
> > 10 14 4 0 0 8 0 2
> > 11 14 4 0 0 8 0 2
> > 12 14 4 0 0 8 0 2
> > 13 14 2 0 0 12 0 0
> > 14 14 3 0 0 7 0 4
> > 15 14 3 0 0 7 0 4
> > 16 14 3 0 0 1 7 3
> > 17 14 3 0 0 8 0 3
> > 18 14 3 0 0 8 0 3
> > 19 14 2 0 0 7 0 5
> > 20 14 2 0 0 7 0 5
> > 21 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> > 22 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> > 23 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> > 24 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> > 25 14 3 0 0 7.5 0 3.5
> > 26 14 4 0 0 6 0 4
> > 27 14 2 0 0 8 0 4
> > 28 14 4 0 0 7 0 3
> > 29 14 4 0 0 7 0 3
> > 30 14 4 0 0 7 0 3
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
HAL1 (16)
8/3/2008 10:58:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

What to do to fill column 2 with part of whats in column 1
Hi All experts, I will try to explain what I would like to accomplish as much as I can. If I had 2 Cells , say A1 and A2. , and A1 has this text "APPLE" My question is how can I fill A2 with "APPLE.PDF". Is it some formula I would need to do this? Also if I had B1 and B2 , and B1 with "ORANGE" - How to fill B2 with "ORANGE.PDF" I hope I have explained what I would like to achieve. Thank you in advance Edwin Mashiringwani On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:00:29 +0000 (UTC), "Edwin Mashiringwani" <clarionem@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All e...

printing columns side by side
I am trying to print a 100 line column into two columns on one page without changing my data? Any help:confused: -- mhayes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mhayes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532969 http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "mhayes" <mhayes.269i6y_1145031300.3732@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mhayes.269i6y_1145031300.3732@excelforum-nospam...

How to draw a flow chart under Excel?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to draw flow chart under Excel? and Does anyone have any reference on the meaning for different shape of drawing on flow chart? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric - > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to draw flow chart under Excel? < In pre-2007 Excel, choose View | Toolbars | Drawing to show the Drawing toolbar. On the Drawing toolbar, choose Autoshapes | Flowchart and Autoshapes | Connectors. In Excel 2007, choose Insert | Shapes | Flowchart and Insert | Shapes | Lines. > Does anyone have any reference on the mea...

New data won't update chart
I have a spreadsheet with formulas set to update a bar graph every time something is typed into a box in a certain column of my workbook. There are 697 entires into the chart, now it refuses to update a 698th entry. Any suggestions? ...

how do i chart a 24 month moving average of sales shipments
I need help creating a graph that shows a 24 month moving average of sales shipments. lburdette@nasonptc.com If your data is in column A, starting at A1, place this formula in B24: =AVERAGE(A1:A24) Copy this formula to the remaining cells down column B that have data in column A lostinred Wrote: > I need help creating a graph that shows a 24 month moving average of > sales > shipments. lburdette@nasonptc.com -- jahoobob Thank you! "jahoobob" wrote: > > If your data is in column A, starting at A1, place this formula in B24: > =AVERAGE(A1:A24) > Co...

Average of numbers in column between to other numbers
If i have a big column of numbers, and i would want to select that column and find the averages of all the numbers in that column that are between 0 and 500, how would i type that formula? Thanks! One way =AVERAGE(IF((A1:A2000>0)*(A1:A2000<500),A1:A2000)) entered with ctrl + shift & enter -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ditandhischeese" <Ditandhischeese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07E82578-9125-4C99-90D2-A4F159FBAE13@microsoft.com... > If i have a big column of numbers, and i would want to select that column > and > find the averages...

How do I create a chart of a function (36.75x^3)?
How do I create a chart of the function 36.75x^3? I have to do this for my engineering class. Thanks for any feedback. Hi see: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Magic Emporer Ghaleon" <Magic Emporer Ghaleon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8D158A8F-6377-4B5A-A2A0-8DE88A2F5443@microsoft.com... > How do I create a chart of the function 36.75x^3? I have to do this for my > engineering class. Thanks for any feedback. ...

Resize the Data table in the Pivot chart.
I have a prepared a chart where there are count of 15-20 items displayed in the chart and I have also shown the data table for the same. But the data table do not fit in all teh 15-20 items. Could some one help in with a method where I can fit all the data in the data table along with the chart. Earliest help much appreciate. Regars GS Hi, You have very little control of data tables - your only solutions are to make the font size smaller, and to enlarge the entire chart. I recommend you place the equivalent of a data table below the chart, in the spreadsheet, where you have 100% contro...

Copying from columns to Rows
Can anyone tell me if there is a way of copying a series of rows of cells in excel and pasting them as a whole to a series of columns? I don't know if this can be done? -- scottsman78 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ scottsman78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27789 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472968 Hi Scottsman78, > Can anyone tell me if there is a way of copying a series of rows of > cells in excel and pasting them as a whole to a series of columns? ...

add a colum within 5 spaces of a column
i would like to insert a colum within 5 rows of a column. how do i do this? thank you. You can't split cells. However, you could merge two columns for all cells except your 5 rows (i.e., select columns B & C, merge them, select your (now) 5 cells, and unmerge them). However, merging is the spawn of the devil. It leads to problems with sorting, formatting, copy/paste, etc. In article <B844F382-3A5E-4EFB-810D-15BB840C5228@microsoft.com>, "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i would like to insert a colum within 5 rows of a column. > how d...

save a chart as a picture format
How do you send chart pictures to graphic file formats like jpeg, tiff, gif etc. Try this utility. Also, stay away from JPG, which was designed for different classes of images. Stick to PNG and GIF for most purposes. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "joeg" <joeg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C48E2880-C3F9-4BA6-B4EF-7F9DAD5B382C@microsoft.com... > How do you send chart pictures to graphic file formats like jpeg, tiff, > gif > etc. ...

How to add a line to a stock chart
I have got a chart of stock as Open, High, Low , Close. Now I want to add a line like a trendline to the chart where the data is calculated in a separate column at the side of the previous data. Is it possible to do this in Excel? The trendline that I want to add is not possible to draw with the features already available in Excel 2003. Add the new series by right-clicking on the graph and selecting souce data. Then select this new series in the graph and click on format series again by right-clicking. Select patterns and select the 'automatic' for the line (which will be 'n...

Identity Column in SQL Server View
Access 2007 front end with SQL Server 2005 Express back end. Using SQL Server Profiler, I have observed the following: When an Access datasheet form is bound to a table (or view containing one table), with an Identity (Access Autonumber) column, and a new record is inserted via the bound form, Access uses sp_executesql to insert the new values into the table (or view). If I look at design view of the table (or view) in Access, the identity column appears as an autonumber. Since Access recognizes the Identity (Autonumber) column, it uses SELECT @@Identity to retrieve the new i...

how to create a jpeg file from Excel Chart
Hello How can i create a jpegfile from an excel chart quickly. All ideas much appreciated!! A despairing Texas Tonie On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Texas Tonie <TexasTonie@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can i create a jpegfile from an excel chart quickly. Install John Walkenbach's Chart Tools add-in. It produces GIF, PNG, or JPG files at the press of a button. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm There is also a facility to let you choose the size of your charts in pixels. I would, however, strongly advise you to choose GIF or ...

Default Weight in Pivot Table Charts keeps getting reset
Hi, I have created a Pivot Table chart and I am using basic line chart to display the data...I would like to make the line weight 2 points heavier than the standard but each time I select new values from the Pivot Table chart it resets to the default....where do you set this to remain at the values entered... Any help appreciated.... Scott ...

Adding and subtracting from either column with tax or column without tax?
1) I still can't wrap my brain around the problem of Add this to the column WITH this or to the column WITHOUT this. In this case, one column has the invoice amount billed with tax and the other column will have it without tax. In other words, column C is the amount billed WITH a 6% tax we have in Canada, and column D is WITHOUT that tax. Column E is the total amount billed to date which would take either the C column's value for that row or the D column, whichever is filled. It's how to deal with the formula in column E that is my problem. -------------- As a specific exampl...

Charting #7
Hi I do a weekly quality chart at work for worker performance. This is a horizontal chart with a bar for each employee with %age on the X scale & the Operator name on the Y. I want to include two target lines vertically on the chart for 1 & 1.75%. So far I cannot do this anfd have to draw two lines down the chart. I have two types of worker one about 15 of them with a 1.75% target and about 5 workers who have a 1% target. Could anybody help please. Thanks Brian On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, "brian.baker13@googlemail.com" <brian.baker13@googl...

How do I change column widths within idividual tables on the same.
I'm using xl 2000. I want to place several tables on the same worksheet. Is it possible to change column widths of a table without affecting the column width of the other tables. Hi! If the tables are one on top of the other, no. Both column width and row height are constant for the entire column or row. A possible workaround would be to merge cells but that has disadvantages. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I'm using xl 2000. I want to place several tables on the same worksheet. Is >it possible to change column widths of a table without affecting the column...

Removing Text but Not Numbers in a Column
Hello I have a spreadsheet the has columns for phone numbers in it. The Phone numbers have been entered manually and have all differen formats such as (555)123-1234 or 555-123-1234 I need to delete all of the text so that just the numbers are left s it looks like 5551231234, so I can upload the column into my cel phone. Would there be an easy way of doing this with out manuall changing each entry I have over 2500 phone numbers I have to do thi to. I try the Format Painter, and Formatting the Cells but it didn't wor for me. I am running Microsoft Office For OS X, and any help would ...

Chart in PowerPoint 2007 linked to Excel
I want to create a chart in PowerPoint that will allow me to link into Excel to update the Series headers. When I create a chart in PowerPoint 2007 Excel opens side by side with PowerPoint. In the Excel spreadsheet I want to link the Series 1, Series 2, etc. into another Excel file so that if I change the Excel file the chart in PowerPoint will update. In the side by side window of Excel (next to PowerPoint) I click in cell B1 (where it says Series 1) and enter a formula such as =[ExcelSource]Sheet1!b1 it doesn't create the link - instead it shows the value 0. is there anyw...

How to show chart only within worksheet?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to show chart only within worksheet? I receive a excel file, within a sheet, there is only one chart, and no cell can be selected in other region. Does anyone have any suggestions on how it can be done in Excel 2003? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Lock all the cells (part of cell format) and then lock the worksheet? On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 02:47:01 -0800, Eric <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone have any suggestions on how to show chart only within worksheet? >I receive a excel file, within a sheet, th...

Snake or Newspaper Style a Single-column Report
My report has one column: surname. I want this one column to snake across the page. I've looked at columns in page setup. The option to print down then across is greyed out when there is only one column. I changed the column number to two to gain access to this option and then changed it back because I really only have 1 column. All of this to no avail. Can someone help please? I need specific help on what to do and where to do it since I've tried the obvious and it doesn't seem to work. Thanks a lot! ....Dana The number of columns is the number of print ...

Outlook Today Messages column
What is this column used for in Outlook2003? In 2000 it showed which folders had unread messages in them and you could click on a folder name and be switched to that folder, but it doesn't seem to show anything in 2003. If in fact it doesn't do anything, can it be removed? Ken > What is this column used for in Outlook2003? In 2000 it showed which > folders had unread messages in them and you could click on a folder > name and be switched to that folder, but it doesn't seem to show > anything in 2003. If in fact it doesn't do anything, can it be > removed?...

Chart on multiple sheets
I am new to charts and i would like to create a chart from multiple sheets in a workbook. Can this be done? Like many tasks in Excel: "That depends". Check this tutorial for details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "acss" <joekru98@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:EFE1E4BD-2898-40B2-8773-ABE5CC665646@microsoft.com... >I am new to charts and i would like to create a chart from multi...

Extract X data from Chart
I have looked through the information provided by this group for chart events, and I have a good code to get the embedded chart to show the message box with the point information. (Thanks Jon Peltier) What I would like to do now is to extract that X data and paste it into another area of the workbook to run some other analysis. Is there some way to have the X value be copied into another cell on another sheet? I am using this code in a MouseUp event: Dim ElementID As Long, Arg1 As Long, Arg2 As Long Dim myX As Variant, myY As Double With ActiveChart ' Pass x & ...