Stacked Column Chart with gaps!

Hi all

Has anyone got any ideas how I can create a stacked chart but the next
column starts from what what you expected rather than what you ended up on.
To explain better say I have two targets (100 and 100 to make it easy) yes
for the first target I only achieve 80. In one bar how do I show the 80 then
a gap for the 20 and then start from 0 again? So if they were coloured the
bar would look something like red (representing 80), white (20) then red
again for the second target?

Hope this makes sense!

--
James.

Create a dummy series of data, calcualted by something like
=A2-B2
Have this series plotted between series A and B. Then, format the column to
have no color, no border.

you can then change the color of series B to match series A.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"James" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Has anyone got any ideas how I can create a stacked chart but the next
> column starts from what what you expected rather than what you ended up on.
> To explain better say I have two targets (100 and 100 to make it easy) yes
> for the first target I only achieve 80. In one bar how do I show the 80 then
> a gap for the 20 and then start from 0 again? So if they were coloured the
> bar would look something like red (representing 80), white (20) then red
> again for the second target?
>
> Hope this makes sense!
>

> --
> James.

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

Chart Types
Is there other specialized software which would be an add-in to Excel and give me a larger variety of chart types? SigmaPlot (http://www.spssscience.com/SigmaPlot/) Amigo (http://www.threedgraphics.com/products.html), Delta Graph (http://www.spss.com/deltagraph/), and Harvard Graphics (http://www.harvardgraphics.com/) Please do not consider this as an endorsement of any particular program. Also, with a little ingenuity, one can simulate a large range of effects. See various websites for examples: mine, Jon Peltier's (www.geocities.com/jonpeltier), Stephen Bullen's (www.bmsltd....

Chart Help -How ?
Hi, I'm a newbie with Excel & I am struggling to make this work. It's work related. I'm simply trying to show sales figures in a Pie-chart based upon the following information: Alex Frankie w/c 13/3/06 Calls made 45 70 No. not interested 10 10 No. interested 1 8 No. of call backs 34 52 Appointments made 0 1 But I can't work out how I'm going to show the legends but also including the 2 staff members. I'm sure somebody out there will have a better resolution. Thanks -- conks ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

How do I place two or more charts on a worksheet?
I can't figure out how to keep Excel 2007 overlaying a new chart on top of an existing chart in a seperate worksheet. What I would like to do is create one 8.5 x 11 worksheet with four 3 x 5 charts on it. Select each chart and move it into position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rick@Draper" <Rick@Draper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082C5930-64F0-4A6E-958E-967BDCCDB9C9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to keep Excel 20...

Rows to Columns
I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, etc. How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without reentering all the data? Thank you --Select B2:D2. Copy the range --Select A1. Right click>PasteSpecial>Transpose>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Walter Seaton" wrote: > I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, > etc. > How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without > reentering all the data? >...

Tolerance Stack Excel Worksheet
I am trying to develop a tolerance stack worksheet. I want to have it do a lot of the updating automatically. For example, if I change one dimension that is used in multiple stacks I would like it to update everywhere at the same time. Ideally I would have part dimensions and their names on the first sheet and tol stacks on subsequent worksheets. Has anyone developed something like this that they are willing to share? ...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

Filtered list & maximum no columns problem
Hi I have a filtered list with a considerable amount of associated data, which I am performing calculations on. I have run out of columns for this data. It is not practical to split the data into other sheets, as I am making frequent changes to the filter criteria. Any suggestions? Bertie -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398516 ...

need more infomation on scatter charts?
i tried to create scatter chart, but was not able to do becaues of lack of options and assistance. could any one please help me Hi, To create a scatter chart you need a minimum of a set of Y values. Select the row or column of cells and using the chart wizard create a xy-scatter. With only 1 set of values the chart will default to an incremental set of x values ranging from 1 to the number of cells in the Y range. If you have a set of x values as well then select both sets of data. If you have your data in 2 columns the best layout for the chart wizard is Xvalue1 Yvalue1 Xvalue2 Yvalue2...

How do I Change the Column Names (Re-Name A -
I want to Change the Column Headings from letters to actual names. How do I do that? hi this can not be done. excel needs these to find/remember where everthing is on the spreadsheet grid. you can change the letters to numbers but that is it. on the 2003 menu bar... tools>options>general tab. check R1C1 reference style. or you can get rid of the letters all togeather. on the 2003 menu bar.... tools>options>view tab>uncheck row & column headers. but they are still there, just not visible. usually when someone want to wants to get rid of the column header letters, they u...

Printing Double Columns
How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two columns in question are narrow enough for this. Art David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down when I paste). Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy. AjM wrote: > > How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two > columns in question are narrow enough for this. > > Art -- Dave Peterson Dave, That was a...

columns within columns
I'd like to make a single page spreadsheet with the twelve months across the top. within each, i would like 4 or 5 columns representing the weeks.this will be an actual 2010 calendar. the titles for the inner columns will be the date of the first monday of the week. vertical grid lines separating the months are a little darker than the grid lines separating the weeks. the y axis will be the values to be entered any suggestiions? Before you start have a look at John Walkenback's calender @ http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/files Look for Array Formula ...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Visio 2002 Pro database column notes
Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but I'm still not sure where to go from here! I have reverse engineered a database, and fully documented each table and column via the notes fields. It is my understanding that in this version, the notes cannot be printed or exported out. Looking at previous posts in this ng, it has been suggested that this is only available in the "Enterprise Edition". After looking at Microsoft's site, it seems that Visio 2002 Enterprise comes in two versions, Network and Architect. Can both of these access/print the notes fields? The Net...

Change Excel Column Headings from A,B etc to names?
I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and addres etc column headings which google will accept You cannot change the column headers. Use row 1 for your column titles of Name, Address etc. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 22 May 2008 09:46:00 -0700, Sandy Mac <Sandy Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to import an excel csv file of e-mail addresses ito googlemail but I >do not know how to change the column headings from A, B etc into name and >addres etc...

Help with datapoints stack in XYScatter
hello, Is there any way (using chart settings or VBA) to prevent the datalabels to stack (ontop of each other) in a XYScatter chart when the xValues and values of several datapoints coincide? Regards PO There is no built-in way that will prevent overlap of data labels. I've seen a crude attempt that uses vba to move data labels out of each other's way, but I don't think the author has developed it further. It's a lot of work. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "PO" <h> wrote in...

Stacked Chart #2
Would like to have the charts largest data point on the top of the stacked chart instead of defaulting to the bottom. Other than going into data series and moving individually up or down, is there a faster way? -- Lindaslucy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lindaslucy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564474 ...

Comparison of Columns
I have three columns thast represent Set numbers, I want to compare the values in column "B" with those in column "A" find where they match and then calculate how many rows they have moved either up or down and put the answer in column "C" Col A Col B Col C 1127 1129 +1 1129 1130 +1 1130 1132 +3 1102 1102 0 1131 1131 0 1132 1133 +1 1133 1135 +1 1135 1137 +2 1062 1138 +2 1137 1062 -1 1138 1141 You need to provide much more detail. For example, what exactly do you mean by "where they match&quo...

FINDING "EQUALITY" within 3 consecutive columns
I have 3 consecutive columns, A,B, & C with various numbers within each...also there are probably 1500 rows. How do I find the rows where each of the three numbers within that row are equal? EXAMPLE: A B C 1 128 158 188 2 127 128 128 3 211 188 170 4 199 196 165 5 ...

How do I create a Line Chart (Special)
Hi there, I know how to create a line chart, what i want basically to do is create a stack chart without showing the border or colour, all i want is to show the line only ay the top of the stack. hope this makes sense. regards Harry Stacked charts in general, and stacked line charts specifically, are not very effective at showing information, but if you look at the other line chart subtypes, the two in the center column of the Chart Type dialog (when Line is selected in the list) are "stacked line" types, which only show the line for the cumulative total at each catego...

highlight areas of chart?
Hi I have a time series line chart (dates on x labels, returns on Y) can I highligh the chart in a particular date range? THANKS!! Stan Stan, Yes you can. Assume that you start with your data set up like below. The “Background” data will eventually make up the background colors. Data Background 1/1/2005 6 10 1/2/2005 8 10 1/3/2005 9 10 1/4/2005 7 1/5/2005 5 1/6/2005 6 10 1/7/2005 7 10 1/8/2005 5 10 1/9/2005 4 1/10/2005 3 Create a simple line chart. Click on the second series (the 10’s), right click you mouse, go to Chart Type -> Clustered Column. You should now have o...

How to find duplicates within same column
Hello all, I am trying to find if there are any duplicate values within the same column, without removing them. Example ID no. 1121 2222 3343 5554 6785 4565 6785 1121 3343 In this example 1121, 3343, 6785 are duplicates. I have a ~20000 rows spreadsheet and would like to speed up the process. Thank you all, Frank http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Frank Beltre" <fbl3@fbl3.com> wrote in message news:uhDpWEL8HHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to find if there are any duplicate values withi...

how to switch the primary and secondary Y axis to opposite chart s
Using Excel 2007, evertyime I refresh pivot table data, my charts lose almost all of the formatting (ex. axis will disappear and chart type will revert from lines to columns). Most annoying problem I have when this happens is the primary Y axis moves from the left side to the right side of the chart, and when I re-introduce the secondary Y axis, it will appear on the left. How can I easily move the primary Y axis back to the left side of the chart or switch the two axes? I've tried choosing Layout - Axes to hide and re-display the axes but this did not work. Format the primary cate...