Stacked Chart - Side By Side

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a stacked chart side by side?  For
example, you have airplanes, cars and trains on the x axis and values of
2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.  I know you can have all these values in one bar
but is it possible to have two stacked bars for one x-value?  For example,
for airplanes, you have one bar with 2005 and 2006 and a bar next to it with
the 2007 and 2008 values.

Thanks, appreciate your help.
0
Ken1 (215)

Try one or more of these links:

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to get a stacked chart side by side?
> For
> example, you have airplanes, cars and trains on the x axis and values of
> 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.  I know you can have all these values in one
> bar
> but is it possible to have two stacked bars for one x-value?  For example,
> for airplanes, you have one bar with 2005 and 2006 and a bar next to it
> with
> the 2007 and 2008 values.
>
> Thanks, appreciate your help.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Chart
I need to reflect injury data. I need to show work area, injury location on body, and injury type. I am not sure how to place this is a table to create this graph. Currently I have three types of graphs. But they don't correspond. I would like to see a graph that shows example: 2005 -2007 for Workshop has 4 injuries for 2005, 2 2006, and 3 2007. The injurys are to the (2005) Eye & Leg, (2006) Leg, and (2007) hand & foot. This then need to be broken down further to Injury Type: example (crush, Abrasions, Welding Flash, etc) Please help ...

Problem with the display of a 2 axis chart
I am trying to create a chart with 3 series, where 1 of the series is on the second axis. The first series on the primary axis is a "full" series which are from startdate to enddate. The second series on the primary axis is a series which starts "later" than the first series. The series on the secondary axis have the same startdate and enddate as the second series on the primary axis. My problem is that the series on the secondary axis "suddenly" stops a year before the actual enddate of the series (actually enddate of all the series). The second series on the...

locking charts in excel
I am using office 2002, I am trying to lock a chart while still letting users use a spinner. I cannot do it by protecting the sheet, if I let users edit objects, they can change the chart. I have unlocked the cells I want them to use, I just cannot get the spinner to unlock when I want it to. Thank You You could move the chart to a chart sheet, and protect it. Then, protect the worksheet, and allow changes to objects. To move the chart, right-click on it, and choose Location. pganeb wrote: > I am using office 2002, I am trying to lock a chart while still letting users > use a ...

Creating line charts
Hi, I need to create a chart which has months of the year on one axis with 6 names on the other and have to pick up a figure for G8:R8 (Tom), G16:R16 (Sarah), G29:R29 (Emma), G34:R34 (Lindsay, G41:R41 (Divya) and G46:R46 (Tayub). It's been ages since I've had to do this, so any help would be gratefully accepted. I don't understand your data. Don't you mean, months across the horizontal axis, some value against the vertical axis, and one line per person's name in the chart? If so, presumably the months are in another range, like G1:R1. Start the chart wizard, and o...

Area Chart Formatting Question
I have created an Area chart that shows January through December across the bottom axis. The chart shows data for each month. I have data entered through November, so the chart area should END at November, but it doesn't. It gradually keeps tapering until it gets to December. I want it to STOP at November. How can I change this? I have looked through all the options, but am missing it. Please help. Thank you. :) Avrilon Jon Peltier has instructions on how to create a Dynamic Chart here and will exclude the data for December until there is something in the field. http://www.peltie...

align zero markers on combination chart?
I am using a bar-line combination chart and wondering if I can align the zero markers on both the left and right y axes. This would result in negative values on my secondary axis to appear below the zero line (of both axes) which is what I want. Hi, Have a look at Jon's info on this http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Jana J" <Jana J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8D4CD2-920E-4E12-A092-1056A5127ECA@microsoft.com... >I am using a bar-line combination ch...

Print cutting off the right hand side of postcards
I've created an A6 landscape postcard in Publisher, which viewed perfectly on screen as I created it. This should print as 4 to a page. When I print preview &/or print, the right hand side of the two postcards on the right has been chopped off. I've checked the printable area in Wordpad & reset the margins in Publisher (Arrange / Layout Guides), but this hasn't made any difference. All my print preferences are set to A4, the paper is A4. I'm using an hp psc 1350. I don't have this problem in any other application! PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I think I'm going n...

Transparency in a chart
I'am trying to make an Area Chart and I want the series to be transparent, but when I try to change this option in "Fill Effects" menu, its disabled. How can I apply this effect to a chart ? Is this possible ? Many Thanks Daniel. It's available only in Macs and I believe in Excel 2007. Not enough reason to change to either version. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services 774-275-0064 208-485-0691 fax jon@peltiertech.com http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF...

Charts.Add
Here's the scenario, in Excel 2007 (of course)I have a sheet with 365 rows, 253 columns. I have a macro that's going to build a chart based on SOME of those columns. My code says Set oActChart = Charts.Add Used to work just fine in Excel 2003, now it takes 2.5 minutes and sucks up half a gig of memory, because it thinks I want to chart everything on the data sheet. I can get around this by selecting a small range on the data sheet, but I'd far prefer to be able to tell Excel not to try to anticipate what I want to do. Is there any simple way - other than that above - t...

can I change data markers to numbers in a scatter chart?
Hi, Set the data markers to none and use data labels instead. Set the Position of the data label to center. If the number you want to display is not the x or y value then you can link the data label to a cell which contains the value you require. Try either of these free addin to make the linking of cells and data labels easier. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy treez wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Line Charts have no lines
Hi All, I have some data that is entirely formulas. When I try to chart it (scatter point w/ lines) there are no lines. If I add some random data that is typed it, it will connect that data with lines. Is there a way to have the scatter point chart recognize the formulas as data? (without copying and pasting values)? Thanks chad Could you give an example of one of these formulas? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 3/9/2010 7:31 PM, Chad Cameron wrote: > Hi All, > > I have some data that is ent...

Chart size when html output
I am unable to resize a chart that is on its own tab. When I activate it and try to resize it by grabbing the handles, the handles dispappear. What I am ultimately trying to do is properly size the chart for an html file. Perhaps there is a better way to do it? Embed the chart on a worksheet. You have great control over the size of an embedded chart. You can line up the chart edges to the cell boundaries, too, if you hold down the Alt key while moving and resizing the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ __...

charting
Hi, I have a secondary axis that I previously hid the tick marks away. I would like to have the axis show again but can not seem find the command to do so. Thanks -- inoexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ inoexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33055 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=569714 How about right-clicking on the secondary axis, choosing Format Axis, then select an option from the 'Minor tick mark type. -- Hope this helps, MarkN "inoexcel&quo...

Excel chart like the FTSE chart
I want to create a chart from readings that are taken every half hour every day over a month. The data is in a table format with the half hours across the top and the days down the lefthand side. I want to plot a chart that gives the half hour readings in a single series - much like the FTSE tracking changes every half hour through the day every day. Any ideas ...

Removing Large Fluctuations from Line Chart
I have a line chart that plots pressure data for every minute of a 24-hour period. Sometimes I have large fluctuations in the data which cause large blips in my chart. How do I account for these large fluctuations in my chart? Something similar to a best-fit line? Thanks for the help! I do not think a "normal line of best fit is appropriate here. I suggest you look at the trendline for a moving average. Bernard "Adam" <adamdrost@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:073001c394c7$3b188010$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a line chart that plots pressure data for every...

Charting
I have a value in Column A and a calculated value in column B =if(A1,A1*14,"") I want to plot column B on a chart, however where there is no data in A then the chart plots B as a zero, but I don't want it to plot anything if there is no data. Can anyone help this relative novice? Thanks in anticipation Dave Hi, Charts will treat "" as zero. As charts treat all text within value ranges as zero. So instead use NA() in your formula. =if(A1,A1*14,NA()) Cheers Andy Dave Jones wrote: > I have a value in Column A and a calculated value in column B > =if(A1,A1...

Leader Lines Connecting Chart to Box
I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to connect to the text box. Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box. Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart? Hi, Here is a possible solution. It uses a combination chart which allows the lines to be plotted and updated dynamically by using a xy-scatter. http://www.andypope.info/charts/customerleaderlines.htm If you have to still with ...

DASHBOARDING chart type
Is there a way to simulate DASHBOARDING with Excel chart types? -- JCA Jon Peltier has instructions for a speedometer chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html jcaranibar wrote: > Is there a way to simulate DASHBOARDING with Excel chart types? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

grouping charts in a word document.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Is there a way to group 4 separate charts in one chart area, or to group 4 separate charts together in a box on the page? combining the charts on one axis made the data too confusing... please help! Sure: create a Text Box the correct size for all four, then paste each chart in as a "picture". Let me know if you need more explanation than that... Cheers On 25/05/10 1:53 AM, in article 59bb8eaa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Adam_collins@officeformac.com" <Adam_collins@officeformac.com> wrote:...

Are Pivot Charts only useful with limited number of categories(x-axis)?
I'm brand new to Pivot Charts and trying to figure out what I thought would be simple: I have a Column Chart with $Sales for the Y axis and Salesperson on the X(category) axis. There are hundreds of salespeople, which results in the chart displaying extremely thin lines with totally unreadable category labels( salesperson initials). Is there not a way to specifiy a gap between categories on the X axis? Or some way to space them apart and be able to scroll the chart horizontally? I have a feeling you are all going to tell me scrolling is just a dream :) TIA, -Mike ...

Tool for large, layered flow chart
Hello: I am strategizing the best tool for developing a detailed flow chart which would have varied scenarious. For example, process "A" would start from the top and flow through 4 seperate lines of activities, and process "B" would only flow through 2 separate lines of activities, while process "C" would flow through 8 seperate lines of activities. Obviously, my process flow is going to be huge. Any suggestions if excel is the tool to use? Is there a special technique I could use with excel to acheive my objective? Does anyone have an example to h...

Stacked Column Chart...HELP NEEDED
I would like to stack 2 sets of data side by side for each month. For example, I have Category A (type 1, type 2) and Category B (type 1, type 2). I am using a stacked column chart and cannot seem to do this without jumbling around the data section which doesn't make for easy understanding. Different chart type? Any ideas? If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and the following MSKB article has an example: XL200...

CallNextHookEx/AfxCbtFilterHook => stack overflow
Stack overflowed in call of CallNextHookEx() after label (!) in AfxCbtFilterHook(int code=69762, unsigned int wParam=134, long lParam=0). Nothing that looked interesting on the stack (and none of my functions either). I've a feeling/hunch/guess this is down to leaving my program running (with a progress bar being updated) when I lock this computer. It was worse on VS.2003 and better under VS.2005 (and do not have anything later to try). Any suggestions? TIA Bill "Bill Davy" <Bill@XchelSys.co.uk> wrote in message news:%232lPO%23YEJHA.3488@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.g...

Charting with empty columns in between
Let's say the data is Particulars Frequency q 5 w - e 6 r 7 While drawing a chart, it should not show wth column when it is 0, otherwise it should take it into consideration. How ? Replace the empty cell by =NA() which displays as #N/A and is ignored by the chart engine OR Click on the chart and open (in Excel 2003) Tools | Option | Chart and specify how empty cells are to be treated. Similar option in Excel 2007 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

Waterfall/Stacked Column Chart Labels
I currently have a waterfall/stacked column chart for a series of global data. The only part I cannot figure out is how to get the labeling correct. Example, the "red" bar is an increase in spend and the "green" bar is a decrease in spend, I would like to have labels as such, Red bar labels on top outiside of the graph bar and green bar labels at the bottom outside of the graph so you can see the progression across the chart. Is this possible without manully pulling the labels individually? Thanks... ...