Stacked Bar with a line. Possible?

Greetings everyone, I'm trying to create a graph that has the stacke
bar with 2 data series stacked on the bar.  I would like to have a lin
representing the goal of the stacked bar....is that possible.  Playe
around with the various charts and it didn't seem to be an option.
Thanks

See http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
or http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <SNooGs.1bne0n@excelforum-nospam.com>, SNooGs
<<SNooGs.1bne0n@excelforum-nospam.com>> says...
> Greetings everyone, I'm trying to create a graph that has the stacked
> bar with 2 data series stacked on the bar.  I would like to have a line
> representing the goal of the stacked bar....is that possible.  Played
> around with the various charts and it didn't seem to be an option.
> Thanks.
>

> ---

How do I locate the send on the menu bar?
I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. "Newlearner" <Newlearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A80EFCD9-3BCA-4BD2-AD47-A1699A9C2164@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does > not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. It's already in the File menu. For the Database toolbar: With any database window open, right-click on the toolbar, and choose Customize. Select File in th...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Stacked/clustered column chart with a two vertical axes
Much has been discussed here about how to build this chart, but I haven't found anything explaining the possibility of combining it with a second y axis. I want to graph the advertising expenditure and gross rating points (what would be the return of investment on advertising) on television for three diaper brands by day part. Day parts would be represented by the different colors of which columns will consist. There are 5 of them: day, early, prime, late and over. For each brand, I want that two data columns show. The one to the right will represent the expenditure in $ and the one to the...

Possible to turn off graph refresh temporarily?
Graphs in 2007 are very slow to refresh after refreshing a data connection. When I remove the 30 graphs in my spreadsheet and refresh the data connections, it refreshes in less than a second. When the graphs are present, it's more than 10 seconds. Is there any way (VBA?) to disable the refreshing of the graphs until after the data connection refreshes have completed, and then to re-enable them? Kind of like a "manual calculation" mode for graphs. Thanks! I'm not aware of anything that allows you to stop the graph refreshing as such. However, you might be able to get ...

multiple-line
Hi, how I can specify working of fields so that it is posted multiple-line in a form MSCRM3.0 Thanck you. Hi Ahmed, If your field's data type is nvarchar and Format is Text or Text Area than it can be expanded on multiple lines. In customization of that form, in Field Properties of that field, on Formatting tab there is an option of Row Layout. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi, > how I can specify working of fields so that it is ...

Insert Blank Line and Sort
------------liX6Lxsnq7Ovs6LAASpU5y Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Within a worksheet I have an example of data below consisting of four columns. I need to put a blank line in between the Racecourse (where they change) and after do a sort on Rating (high to low). Is it possible? I could do it with a macro, but am unable to fathom out how to deal with a differing number of horses at each racecourse. Time Racecourse Horse Rating 04:30:00 SANDOWN Dare To Dance 0.261 04:30:00 SANDOWN Garud 0.153 04:30:00 SANDOWN Wes...

Menu Bar will NOT disable
Hi all, I am trying to disable the menu bar at runtime/startup. I have researched this site and used the solutions presented such as, application.commandBars ("menu bar").enabled = False (tried = 0, too!) and code options. Placed the code in the form_Open and form_load events. I haven't had any success? I have unchecked all setting in the Tools --> Startup and the Tools --> Options that deal with toolbars and shortcut menus, this was not successful, too. I am at a loss. Can anyone direct me what to do next? This site is VERY helpful I use it as a reference all t...

Show gridlines only prints every other line
Every time I try to print a document in Excel 2003 and use the show gridlines feature, it only prints the lines every other line. It will print a line then skip one and then print a line and so on. Does anybody have an idea what is causing this, or how to fix it. Appreciate any assistance, Jason ...

Color Break in Line Charts?
I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. In the projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes from actual to projected. Is there a way to make the line or the x-axis change colors at the point that the date does so (i.e., have the line turn green halfway through the chart)? Thank you in advance. On Oct 23, 8:39=A0am, Mr. Platypus <MrPlaty...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. =A0In the > projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes fr= om...

If Function Possibilities
Is there a way to set up in a cell A1, something like... If the formula used in cell B1 is "here I would type the actual formula in," then display the words "works," else display "mistake" ? -- rheller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24081 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377045 That's a pretty cryptic post. Do you mean: In A1: =IF(B1=n,"Works","Mistake") where 'n...

OWA 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server
I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL. This doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5 against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried modifying the org, site, and server entries under the MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get "The Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled...". Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt. If I ...

Sorting Stacked Columns
I am trying to sort the columns so that the largest value is on th bottom each year. This would change the order of the series over eac year presumably. I have not figured out a way to do this, and fear i may be VBA related. Any ideas? Thanks. I attached the file for viewing Attachment filename: testbook_stackedcols.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=61644 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Bar Chart #6
Hi All I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart to show how many meet the target? In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but this will not work with a bar chart Any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann opps forgot to say using Excel 2003 "rexmann" wrote: > Hi All > > I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or > target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar cha...

excel grid lines over lapping the text
Closer to the bottom of a printed Excel spread sheet the text is moving into the lines. I cannot tell if the grid or the text is moving. I am a printer technician for HP and I have looked at the printer and it is OK. The driver has been updated also. Can anyone else? I won't bore you with the standard 'Update the Printer Driver' answer, because if anyone's got the latest then you have :-) I did try a Google on it, and found practically zip on solutions for this, other than one suggestion from Nick, that you may want to give a go:- >>I doubt Excel and strange though it ...

Vertical line isn't vertical!
Hi All - I need to insert a 'dynamic' vertical line into a line-chart -- the line will separate the Past from the Future. After some searching, I found Jon Peltier's site, which had some really good information on it ...... but I just can't get it work! Right now, the vertical line is in the correct spot and 'moves' properly -- but the line isn't quite horizontal, more of an 85deg angle (like this: / ). The vertical line is definitely setup as an XY scatter connected with a line (no markers). What am I doing wrong? Or did I miss a step? Thanks, Ray Hello ag...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

Left Join dilemma is this possible?
I am trying to create a recordset in Excel 2000 from two Access 2000 tables to include all items from the first table "Liquor" and only items from the second table "LiquorOrders" that match either a date or an order number. I have 19 items in the first table and I would like to select all 19 items and only these 19 items with a Status = True, with corresponding data from the "LiquorOrders" with blanks where an order for an item was not placed on that specific date or order number. This at first seemed possible but after much researching and experimentation I hav...

Side by side stacked bar chart
Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page on cluster stacked column chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy JRW523 wrote: > Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different > periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 > and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://...

Breaking up the hi-lo series line?
This question is only tangentially about charting, but came up as a result of my charting project so I hope it's ok to post this here. I have a table of data that is used to create a VHLC stock chart. The series of hi-lo has a line which connects all the way across the chart. I want to insert dates in my table that will break up that line so that it shows a space on weekends/holidays (ie I only want the line to show one trade dates. My problem is that my data table only consosts of trade dates. My thought is to go through the table after it is created and check for concurrent dates, i...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

Record data on two lines
Sorry about repeating the post but I think I messed up the first one yeaterday! I am receiving a spreadsheet from an agency with record information on two lines. Example: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Line 3 blank Record 2: A4, B4, C4, D4, A5, B5, C5 There are over 100 records like this. They claim they can't fix it... It originates from a Crystal Report. How can I change the data so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 Record 2: A2, B2, .......................G2 Thanks for any help! Dan A simple way is to 1) select all of the data fields. 2) Cli...

I do not want Excel on-screen lines to print
I am using Office 2007. I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the on-screen guide lines print. How do I keep the lines on screen but not print them? In Excel: File | Page Setup | Sheet and uncheck Print Gridlines best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "MAB" <MAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB5E7ED4-80DB-4BD6-9331-74CD884B9EF8@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2007. I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the > on-screen guide lines print. How do I keep the lines on screen but not > print &...

how do I create a chart on two axes with stacked columns and line
I am struggling to create a chart that combines stacked columns on one X axis with a line on a second axis. Both are available as standard charts. Hi, Create the stacked column chart with all of your data. Select the data series you want to plot as a line on the secondary axis. Change the chart type to line. And then on the format dialog change the axis to the secondary. Cheers Andy ian ian ian rogers wrote: > I am struggling to create a chart that combines stacked columns on one X axis > with a line on a second axis. Both are available as standard charts. -- Andy Pope, Microso...

Creating a "step" effect with line graphs
I have a graph that charts a velocity over time. As the velocity decreases I want to display the maximum integer velocity possible (without going over) at that time. The problem is that I would like to have the integer values displayed without diagonal lines (can't have fractional parts of a whole number). I know there is a way to do it (a friend did this once, but can't remember how). Can anyone think of how to do this? Code: -------------------- +-----------+-------+-----+ | Date | Vel | Int | +-----------+-------+-----+ | 13-Jan-04 | 24.58 | 24 | | 14-Jan-04 ...

Smartlist Lines are Brown not Blue
We we pull up a smartlist report to view, the lines are brown and white alternately, not blue and white. We cannot see where our cursor is on the report in the window. We are on GP 10. SP3. Thank you! This could be your video card. Is it this way on all of the windows on each different workstations? Are the workstations all the same? Does anyone have the Support Debugging tool installed and changed the window colors? Kind regards, Leslie "spunkiegirl" wrote: > We we pull up a smartlist report to view, the lines are brown and white > alternately, not...