Stacked bar graphs

I am trying to create a stacked bar graph that will group sets of data by
year for a given month.  For example, I would like to display number of
widgets red and blue for 2003 and 2004 for January?  Any ideas on how to
achieve this goal?
0
Miles (62)

Evelyn -

Are you describing stacked-clustered charts? You might find something to help you here:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Evelyn Miles wrote:

> I am trying to create a stacked bar graph that will group sets of data by
> year for a given month.  For example, I would like to display number of
> widgets red and blue for 2003 and 2004 for January?  Any ideas on how to
> achieve this goal?

Change graph type
Hi Is there a way to flip a graph type between, say, a bar and a pie chart just by clicking a single on-screen user button? I know it's easy by right-clicking the graph and selecting the appropriate option, but it's an on-screen option I'm wondering about. Thanks in advance Steve Sorry, to clarify. I can make the change once by using the following command button code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine End Sub However, what I want to do is revert bac...

Slow Excel graph with date axis
I've just created a simple chart in Excel 2007 SP2 with five columns and over 12k rows. In the first row is set the date and in die second to fifth row are stored data like this: 12.01.10 3434 3474 3734 3434 12.01.10 3413 3434 3458 3474 13.01.10 3534 3462 3432 3494 13.01.10 3437 3454 3434 3534 If I mark the data and add a simple line graph, the Excel is going to be very slow... You've to wait a minute till the graph is displayed. As soon as I switch the x-axis type from date (automatically) to text the Excel is running fast. In Excel 2000 I do not have this Problem....

how to overlap 2 graphs/2 scales to relay information
I have 2 graphs, one with sales, and the other with service times, i need a way to display results on one graph. You could use the custom Charts and select the line chart on 2 axis. This way you can plot two series of data that have different values on the same chart. best way is to just give it a go. -- infojmac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ infojmac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10787 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=543725 ...

ToDo-Bar Does not show the correct number of items from calendar
After having Outlook 2007 running for an extensive period, the ToDo-Bar does not show the correct number of appointments. A restart of the program will solve the problem, I have a memory dump of the Outlook process made when I took the screen shots that I can provide upon request (don't want to post it on a public site) I have made a couple of screen shots to visualize the bug The first is of the items that is in my calendar http://cid-b5fa01714d9657ab.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Offentlig/calendar^_view.png The second is of how the ToDo-Bar looks like, and also the ...

how do i find values on a line graph in Excel?
i made a plot graph connected by a line. now i need to find values on that line. how? thanks. Two possible ways: 1. if you have the formula for the line, use it go calculate the reading. 2. If you have sample points on the line, but no formula, then you can use the FORECAST() function. If you have two points [x1,y1] and [x2,y2] and you also have a third x3, then FORECAST() will calculate y3 for you. The neat thing about FORECAST() is that it works equally well if x3 is between x1 and x2 or is outside of the range. -- Gary''s Student "sorrelponie" wrote: > i...

How do I make a 3 d graph using depth in Ft., a N-S direction in .
I am trying to make an oilwell borehole 3 d graph. The data I have available is the depth in feet, the direction in a North/South Direction and from an East/West direction, both in feet, from a GPS references starting point. I would like to track this well bore and compare it to several others in the same proximity, possibly putting a flag if they come within a certain specified distance from each other. I have data for each well in similar column layouts, on separate excel sheets. Would like one compilation graph of however many wells (probably 4 would be the most) I chose to offse...

stack overflow #3
I'm working on a MFC DLL plugin(3DS Max). It need to use a tree structure to store much data, so in some function it may need to recursive much time. But look like the data size is too large, it throw a error "stack overflow". Is there any way to increase a MFC DLL plugin stack size? -- Herman Man Tetragames Studio Limited herman man wrote: > I'm working on a MFC DLL plugin(3DS Max). It need to use a tree structure to > store much data, so in some function it may need to recursive much time. But > look like the data size is too large, it throw a error "st...

Combining bars and lines in one chart
Hello, I'm trying to combine 4 series of data in one chart. I'm able to have two bars and two lines drawn up. However, I would like to have one bar and three lines presented. How can I do this? Please help and reply directly to me on email: fred.gjoertz@psineteurope.com Thanks, Fred. Jon Peltier has some instructions on his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboChart1.html Fred Gjoertz wrote: > I'm trying to combine 4 series of data in one chart. I'm > able to have two bars and two lines drawn up. However, I > would like to have...

Colour task bar by Task Name text
I'm running Project 2007. I would like to be able to set the colour of certain task bars depending on text appearing in the Task Name. E.g. Say I'm working on a Building Construction project and I want all tasks bars with the work 'Tender' ore 'tender' in the Task Name to be coloured red and all task bars with 'Construction' in the Task Name to be coloured green. I assume this requires some programming on my part to grep these string but where would I start? Any references or example would be appreciated. FionaDM Hi Fiona, It's a bit ...

Tool bar in Table format
Hai Iam using vc++,mfc and sdi and i want a Tool bar with Table format (Rows and Columns ) and not in Row Format which is of Default and please let me know how to do that Thanks and Regards suresh Look at style TBBS_WRAPPED. Example DOCKTOOL in MSDN shows how to use it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Suresh" <suresh_vcplusplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#f#7FxsqEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hai > Iam using vc++,mfc and sdi and i wa...

Multiple stacked bar charts

Fixed Asset Bar Code Solution
Does anyone know of a solution to bar code fixed assets for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, please reply to srusoff@gmail.com Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, We have used a solution from Maximum Data (InTouch Software) which worked with Microsoft Great Plains 7.5 & 8.0. Please contact them at http://www.maximumdata.com/index.html Let me know. Thanks Samuel Mathew -- Microsoft Certified Dexterity Developer "Scott" wrote: > Does anyone know of a solution to bar code fixed assets for Microsoft > Dynamics GP 9.0, please reply to srusoff@gmail.com > > Thanks, > Scott ...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search NAG bar
Outlook has a yellow bar across the top that says "Click here to enable Instant Search" How can I get rid of the yellow bar that looks like Warning, without installing the search engine ? (I tried enabling it, just get rid of the Yellow bar. My hard drive never stopped grinding for 2 days. I finally unistalled it because I didn't really care about fast searching - - - I was just trying to get rid of the Yellow bar) Thank You "steveb" <swb_mct@msn.com> wrote: > >Outlook has a yellow bar across the top that says "Click here to enable >I...

How to enumerate system tray (task bar) icon and description?
Hi, My VC++ project need enumerate all system tray icon and description information. But I can't found some API function code or way to get these information. May you help us to solve this problem ? Any help is greatly appreciated, Scott >My VC++ project need enumerate all system tray icon and description >information. >But I can't found some API function code or way to get these information. Scott, See if this article is any help: http://www.codeproject.com/shell/ctrayiconposition.asp?df=100&forumid=14631&exp=0&select=1008602 Dave David, Thank yo...

remove help bar
Prior posts have helped with alot of my questions, but this one stumps me. I have my switchboard maximized, with only those toolbars displayed that are needed. However, I can't figure out how to get rid of the Type a Question for help bar. I'm sure it is something really easy to fix, which is why it escapes me. Thanks, Linda Right click on the Menu bar and select Customize. Now right click on that help control and uncheck it. That's it. Linda wrote: >Prior posts have helped with alot of my questions, but this one stumps me. I >have my switchboard maximized, with...

GRAPHS PLEASE HEL
I want to create one graph with one column and two lines because I have three series thanks for the help Polina I presume each series has mutliple data points? Anyway create chart with one of the data series. Then righ click chart, select <source data > and select the series tab. In the left hand series box click add and select your next series. Repeat for final series. With all series now on chart right click one of them and select <chart type>. Pick the way you wnat to represent it. Do for same for others until your are satisfied with output. Do write back with any ...

Graphs in Other Files do not Update
Hi, I have a main file with graph (AP.xls) and several sub files with graphs that are linked to the main AP.xls file. The columns of the main file are in months and I often have to add new columns for a new month. I find that if I add new columns using copy => Insert copied cells (the column is inserted to the left of the column being copied), the graph within the AP.xls files is updated with the new column/month. HOWEVER, when i open the other sub files, they aren't updated. HOWEVER, if the sub files are opened together with the main AP.xls file, and I insert the new column, t...

Scatter graph in Excel 2007 #2
Here is what I am trying do and not sure if it can be done or not. I have 3 columns of data. Column A is the data that I want plotted. Column B is to be my X-axis and Column C is to be my Y-Axis. When I create the scatter graph it is not coming out like that and not sure what I need to do to correct things. If it helps out any Column A is a question number Column B is Quality of the question Column C is Importance of the question. Thanks for any help you guys can give. Do you mean the question number is a label to be applied to the data that is plotted? Select columns B and C and create...

How do I publish an Excel graph on the web such that it updates?
I need to place an excel line graph on a webpage that updates as data is updated from another excel file? Thanks, Mike In article <3E32A358-C1AE-497C-9BFF-2D156EDB57F1@microsoft.com>, MikeBSDLP@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to place an excel line graph on a webpage that updates as data is > updated from another excel file? Thanks, Mike > If the XL file is on your desktop there is no practical way for a chart on a web server to update itself, is there? If the XL file is on the server itself, you may want to look into a Office Web Components chart. Use of O...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Bar chart with no zero columns
I have a colums with a hundreds a values and only twenty is real values the rest is all zero. How do I plot a bar chart showing only the values and omits the zero values from the chart. My chart is plotting all zero values which makes it impossible to view. Is there a way of not plotting the zero columns without filtering the data. I read the previous posts but the NA() allso shows zero values. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, You could use filtering to hide the rows. Make sure the chart has Plot visible cells only set. Select the chart and check via Tools > Options > Ch...

Stacked Column Chart #3
I seem to be having the hardest time in the world completing this chart! I hope someone can help.. Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a row titled Total amount, then four other rows above it, (for discussion sake we'll say they are A, B, C, D) the column next to those titles has the values. In "A", I've got the number 0 In "B", I've got the number 24 In "C", I've got the number 9 In "D", I've got the number 8 For "Total", I've got 41 I need to show a stacked column chart where: "Total" ...

3D Stacked Column Chart
Hi Team, I know how to do 2D stacked columns and separate 3D Column carts but I want to do a 3D Stacked column chart ie. 4 variables. I've explored links on similar discussions but have seen no example. I recognise the detrimental presentation risks on a 2D printout. Could you please advise? Thank you, Ditch It's not so much "detrimental presentation risks", it's detrimental comprehension risks. The chart will be difficult to read and impossible to understand. It's possible to build such a chart, but it requires you to build multiple 2D stacked columns with 3D e...

Stacked column chart narrow bars wanted
I have three series that I am plotting against categories. They are a base value and a delta, and a marker series. By stacking them and hiding the base I get a floating bar showing the size of the delta for each category. By showing the marker series as a linechart with markers only I get a symbol showing where this value fits in the range. Ideally I would like a bar chart, categories on the vertical axis, and values from 0 to 100% on the horizontal axis, with very narrow bars - thinner than what I can get with 500% gapwidth. To get that I am plotting to give a floating column chart an...

want a break in line graph
I have a line graph with values for years. Between the years 1998 and 1999 there was a coding change so I don't want the line to connect the points for those two years. I have selected the second point, right clicked and selected format data point. In the dialog box under the Patterns tab I select none for the line options. In Excel 2000 and earlier the line would end at the value for 1998 and start again with the value for 1999. In Excel 2002 and 2003 the line is not broken and gets connected from 1998 directly to 2000 skipping 1999. This is not the behavior I want and seems like a...