Stacked Bar Chart #2

I would like to create a stacked bar with categories of expenditures
(personnel, capital outlay, operating expenses, etc.) with a stacked
bar for each department in the budget AND I would like several stacked
bars for each department with each bar representing a fiscal year.
The x-axis would be departments.  Does anyone know how to do this in
Excel?
0
MJSteklac (1)

If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns.
For example, with two departments over two years:

               2001        2002

Exp1 DeptA    100          120
Exp1 DeptB     50           60

Exp2 DeptA          90           100
Exp2 DeptB          40            50

Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site:
                http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm

and the following MSKB article has an example:
     XL2000: Creating Charts with Multiple Groups of Stacked Bars
     http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;214119

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

Microsoft Shortcut Bar
I can't find the shortcut bar in Office 2003? What gives? M S B Office 2003 was "improved" by removing the office shortcut bar. The osb from an earlier version will work in 2003 ( I'm told). You can also use the quick launch toolbar in windows as a substitute or look for a third party utility. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA P.S. - OfficeXP was improved by removing office binder. "Microsoft Shortcut Bar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8589232-F585-4C9D-8F63-FA8B0AB63315@microsoft.com... > I can't find the shortcut ...

Meeting updates #2

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

printing 2 charts on single page

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

Offline folder problems #2

How to select series in chart?

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Chart Legend Color Index Assignment
Looking for VBA code to run on Workbook_Open to ensure a Legend having up to 10 different variables does NOT "automatically" assign to same color to 2 different variables. TIA - Bob Check out the color palette (Tools menu > Options > Color tab). The chart uses the bottom two rows of colors for its data, then when it runs out it cycles through the rest of the palette. If the palette has been customized by someone unfamiliar with this behavior, you may get duplication of colors. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTe...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

VCard issue #2

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2