Stacked and single column in same chart?

How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a single column?  When I build a stacked column chart, any new source data I add
wants to put it in the same stacked column.

0
hello (2)

Use one of the links on this page. You need to set up the data so the
single column is in a stacking position with no other columns of data.

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Einstine wrote:

> How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a single column?  When I build a stacked column chart, any new source data I add
> wants to put it in the same stacked column.

us;Q152381  (hope this is what your looking for?).  Took a
while for me to fine it!

Take care!

0
anonymous (74722)
8/23/2004 6:09:46 PM
Thanks.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47d201c4893c$5f3505d0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;Q152381  (hope this is what your looking for?).  Took a
> while for me to fine it!
>
> Take care!

0
hello (2)

macro to copy columns to sheet
I have got a workbook wiht 10 sheets that I want to make a summary of on a new shteet I need a macro to copy Range B1:C up to where the cells with data ends in the first sheet to the new sheet then go back to the next sheet and copy the same range (the amount of lines can differ)and paste where in the frist sell with no data underneath the first copy paste data Hope I make sense. The sheets has got diferendt names like Floraland, JFK, Franay. Maybe this little macro will get you closer to what you want. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim mySelectedSheets As Sheets Dim wks As Wo...

Single email delivered 10 times
Does anyone know of a reason why an email sent a single time would be delivered to the recipient 10 times? This is only happening to one account. No one else has complained about a similar issue. This user sent a single email to a customer and they received it 10 times. I asked the user to email me at an external address and I received it twice. Does the user have any Outlook Rules setup? Have you tried recreating the users Outlook Profile? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Filter for two columns
I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone help me to get the records with Depreciation Start Date greater than Purchased Date. Thanks Hi, sort with two conditions, highlight both columns, 1st condition Depreciation in descending order and as a 2nd condition Purchased in ascending order if this was helpful please say yes "Vadivu" wrote: > I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone > help me to get the records with Depreciation Start Date greater than > Purchased Date. > Thanks Use a helper col. As...

How can I choose non consecutive column/row data to display a char
Could someone tell me how I could choose data in say, column A & Column C to be displayed on the same chart ? I am dealing with the same header (months) but different data fields in columns B to Z. I would like to display charts by selecting column A & then each of the subsequent columns individually, rather that pasting the data of A after each column. ...

delete columns if 0
i am using the following code to delete the complete row: Range("B:B").Select Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="0" On Error GoTo line1 With Sheet1.Range("b:b") Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete End With line1: what i need is to delete only columns a:g (not the entire row) if the value in column b = 0. any help is appreciated. jat Try some code like the following. Change the line Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1") '<<< Change to appropriate sheet to the app...

Columns in Outlook XP
In Outlook XP, I have the Accounts column set to display which acct is being used when an em is being received or sent. However, the problem I have is that the column header reads "Account", but no acct name is ever displayed. Can anyone tell me why the acct name is not displaying and how I can get it to display? Thks, Michael ...

Line-- Column charts
Hi, i have a line--column chart with 8 data sources on it, 4 are columns and 4 are lines with markers on, the markers i have removed to make them just a plain line...4 of the data sources are positive numbers, 4 are negative numbers....simple. If i was to add another data source to this chart by pressing add in the Source Data box, then using the values box etc, i end up with a another column on the chart, how can i change this to a line or from a line to a column, i don't know if i have control over what i get on the chart. Thanks for any advice, Shane. Hi, You can select the ...

How do i change the heading of excel columns to alphabetical
For some random reason the columns in Excel 2002 recently changed from Alphabetical to Numerical, this is a big pain in the backside when trying to enter Functions. Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the General tab. There, uncheck the "R1C1 reference style" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "ThePubLounger" <ThePubLounger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE946816-7F1B-4F58-9C5D-C4937308FBF0@microsoft.com... > For some random reason the columns in Excel 2002 r...

Scatterplot chart legend
When I create a Scatterplot chart plotting 2 series, the chart legend only shows the series names without the corresponding data point color. As is, the legend is not helpful. How do you add the color of the series to the legend? What version of Excel are you using? I've tried it and can't duplicate your problem. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "changc" wrote: > When I create a Scatterplot chart plotting 2 series, the chart legend only > shows the series names without the corresponding data point color. As is, > the legend is not helpful. How do you add t...

Add System Date to Chart
Hi All, Is there any way of display the system date, either within the title of the chart, or anywhere else? Cheers. Bill. Hi, You could link the chart title to a cell which contains the system data. Once you have added the chart title to link it to a cell enter the full cell address in the formula bar. =Sheet1!$A$1 http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Bill" <bill@bill.com> wrote in message news:%23onkuRxFIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Is there any way of displa...

Saving Chart Names in Excel 2007
I saved an XLS file as an XLSX file without performing a conversion. After making changes to the workbook, the chart names will not save, they just revery back to the default "Chart1", "Chart2", etc. names. I followed these steps to change the names to no avail: When you create charts, Microsoft Office Excel assigns a default name to each chart by using the following naming convention: Chart1, Chart2, and so on. However, you can change the name of each chart to make it more meaningful to you. Click the chart that you want to rename. This displays the Chart Tools, ad...

Help with excel 2007 chart
Hey, this seems fairly simple but is stumping me. I have a table with static data that shows my budgetary costs per month for the last 2 years. The row labels in my table are the categories (mortgage, insurance, power, gas, phone, etc.) and the column labels are each month for 2007 and 2008. What I want to do is create a chart that will graph the data (line chart) for each category over the last two years. I would like to choose what category to display on the chart so they're not all on the chart at the same time. I have tried a Pivot Chart, but it's just not displaying the data corre...

Printing a single envelop
When I used Outlook and Word 2000 I am pretty sure I could print an envelop from within Outlook. I then upgraded to Outlook 2003 but did not upgrade Word and lost that capability. I now hove Office Pro 2007 and cannot find the way to print an envelop from the contact page in Outlook. Is it there somewhere? Did I imagine the capability in the 2000 s/w. (Maybe it was Act!.) Thanks it was never a direct feature of outlook. The most you could do was new letter to contact which was removed from outlook 2007 - that allowed you to create an envelope. create an address card view that ...

Text to Column and Transpose?
My Excel skills are fairly minimal and i need help with a very time consuming project. One of our program managers has asked me to take the following data: A1 B1 SOW WBS 3.10.8.0; 3.14.0; 3.12.3.0; 3.12.5.0; 1.1 3.12.7.0; 3.12.8.0; 3.12.9.0 And change the data to: A B 3.10.8.0 1.1 3.14.0 1.1 3.12.3.0 1.1 3.12.5.0 1.1 3.12.7.0 1.1 3.12.8.0 1.1 3.12.9.0 1.1 ...

excel charts #26
HOW CAN I PLOT TWO SETS OF VALUES on the same chart TO SOLVE EQUATIONS "turnip45" wrote: > HOW CAN I PLOT TWO SETS OF VALUES on the same chart TO SOLVE EQUATIONS Test. Please Ignore. DON'T SHOUT! Make an XY chart with one series of X and Y values. Copy the range with the other set of XY values, select the chart, and use Paste Special to add the data as a new series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "turnip45" <turnip45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Excel 2007 Chart colorindex?
I have a macro that changes colors in a bar chart. The following code worked in Excel XP. Sheets("Chart").SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 This command crashes Excel 2007, and I've noticed that the ColorIndex property does not ever appear to be a property of the SeriesCollection object in Excel 2007. Does anyone know how to control chart colors in Excel 2007? Here is a macro I recorded in XL 2010 beta . It works in XL2007 with the ..ForeColor.Brightness statement commented out (or deleted) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP...

How do I freeze a column to scroll in Access 2007?
Need to freeze a "last name" field so I'll have it when I scroll through student information. You can not. This is not Excel. Why would you need to freeze a field in a relational database? -- Build a little, test a little. "jenbcoll" wrote: > Need to freeze a "last name" field so I'll have it when I scroll through > student information. It's your form is a datasheet or split form with a datasheet you can right click on the column heading and choose Freeze Columns. Not sure hwo this compares to Excel freezing ability. ...

In "Line-Column on 2 Axis," why does not a series change to colum.
I am trying to plot a 6-column, 1-line chart. However, EXCEL decides that it will be a 4-columns and 3-lines charts. When I change the axis for series 5 and 6 to "primary," both series still carry line attributes. The chart description says that all series on the primary axis will be pltted as column. I have not been able to show series 5 and 6 as columns. How do I change them to columns? Try this: Create a column chart for all the data. Select the series of data for the line chart and change the chart type for that series only to LINE. If necessary, plot the line series ...

How to vary color in an area chart between negative or positive d.
How can I vary the color in an area chart between positive and negative data points. Using zero as the defining level, anything greater than zero have one color and anything less than zero having a different color. Thank you for your help. Gulf Stream, Set up two series – one for positive values and one for negative values. Add a one-row space between any data point that crosses zero. For example, assume your original data is in a single column starting in cell A2. The data looks like this: a 2 b 4 c -4 d -3 e 6 f -3 g 5 h 7 Rearrange it to look like this (the title "Posit...

Excel charts #16
How do I get a stacked chart to stop totaling two numbers, and allow one number to represent a percentage / portion of the other number? ...

convert text labels to excel columns
I have seen this posted in another newsgroup but did not understand the answer. I have copied many names/address and pasted them into Excel. All of the info is sitting under one column. I would like to find out how to seperate the info into multiple columns so that I can create labels. Ex. Mary Smith 1234 Main St Suite 123 Anywhere, USA 12345 I would like to put it under multiple headings ex. name address city/state zip I'm not clear how a delimeter works, The options it shows when I try to use the text to columns does not show how mine are seperated. It is not a dash or s...

Excel pie chart grays out
This just started happeneing all of a sudden to a monthly worksheet with pie charts that are updated regularly. The data creates two pie charts, which sit side-by-side on a spreadsheet tab. This month they suddenly both just appear as distinct grayed-out boxes - although when I put the cursor right on one or the other graphic, I do get the usual pie chart that I am expecting. It goes back to gray when I move the cursor elsewhere on the spreadsheet. Any ideas on what might have changed or what we can do to correct this would be appreciated! J. M. Koskey Choose Options on the Tools menu, a...

can you create a break in the chart scale
Is possible to change the scale of the chart to reflect a large range of data ie creat a break in the scale? I have a data set that consists of variables ranging from 25 to 0.1, there are roughly three variables that are in between 20 - 25 and the remainder are (25) are in the range of 0.1 to 1. As such, when I graph this data in a regular bar chart I can only see the three variables that are between 20 - 25 as the scale does not allow me to the lower valued variables. In regards to this problem I would like to break the scale so it would ready, 0.2, 0.2,0.3 ....1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25. If y...

How do I put multiple lines on a scatter chart?
I'm trying to plot up to 7 lines on a scatter chart, but am having trouble getting it to work. I'm a bit of a beginner with excel, and have worked out basic scatter charts, but I now need one that presents multiple lines for each 'item'. I'm not explaining this every well.. but does anyone know what I mean? The chart I have to work from and duplicate is in JPEG form so I can't just adjust the figures and re-plot.. it sort of looks like a rainbow with all the different lines curving, one higher than the other... Put your X data in column A, starting in A2 and ru...

columns change width
Hi all I import external data to sheet1 Column AA then i autofit column, then add more data. The columns change width, How can I make columns stay the same width all the time, So when I got into that sheet they are the same as when I left it. Thanks in Advance dave ...